Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,234 members, 7,936,797 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 11:44 PM

Group Members Drag Nairalander Over 'monetizing' Group [PICTURES] - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Group Members Drag Nairalander Over 'monetizing' Group [PICTURES] (799 Views)

It is illegal to use Heroes of the Night, as author drag publisher, UBE to court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Group Members Drag Nairalander Over 'monetizing' Group [PICTURES] by DkJay: 10:54am On Oct 05, 2020
grin

I'm literally laughing as I'm typing this. The admin of a writers' platform decided to "monetize" his group by asking those who got jobs via the group should pay a membership fee (I can't think of anything else to call it) of N500 every month.

But apparently they didn't find it funny.

When the comments became too much, the admin locked the group to be opened three hours later. Those who are not comfortable with the terms are advised to 'gbe body e'.

Heh.

What do you guys think?

Cc
thatthickgurl
Pancakeey
eliok
BLUELemon
Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Zzor

Re: Group Members Drag Nairalander Over 'monetizing' Group [PICTURES] by DkJay: 10:56am On Oct 05, 2020
More

Re: Group Members Drag Nairalander Over 'monetizing' Group [PICTURES] by Davash222(m): 10:59am On Oct 05, 2020
Welcome to Nigeria where WhatsApp admins have power more than a Local government Chairman.
Re: Group Members Drag Nairalander Over 'monetizing' Group [PICTURES] by Pancakeey(f): 11:11am On Oct 05, 2020
Admin fe cash out grin. I've been on a writing group like this too.
They told us to register 1k and that we would get writing gigs. I was like why don't they just take a percentage on the pay that we would get instead of asking for money for registration.

The truth is that in Nigeria writers hardly make money.

Most people just want to scam writers. I think I even fell for a scam like this one time. It was an essay competition

We were asked to pay 1k before we could submit our articles. Lol, I was so foolish I went to pay. The next week I got a mail that my article wasn't picked and the thing was that no one's article was picked.

I checked their site the next day google said it didn't existexist grin Na there I know say dem don scam me

1 Like

Re: Group Members Drag Nairalander Over 'monetizing' Group [PICTURES] by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 05, 2020
DkJay:
grin

I'm literally laughing as I'm typing this. The admin of a writers' platform decided to "monetize" his group by asking those who got jobs via the group should pay a membership fee (I can't think of anything else to call it) of N500 every month.

But apparently they didn't find it funny.

When the comments became too much, the admin locked the group to be opened three hours later. Those who are not comfortable with the terms are advised to 'gbe body e'.

Heh.

What do you guys think?

Cc
thatthickgurl
Pancakeey
eliok
BLUELemon
Zzor
how this one take consign me
Re: Group Members Drag Nairalander Over 'monetizing' Group [PICTURES] by ambassadorgozie(m): 4:36pm On Oct 05, 2020
kiss
Re: Group Members Drag Nairalander Over 'monetizing' Group [PICTURES] by Jare12: 4:37pm On Oct 05, 2020
Gold coin see your life outside
Re: Group Members Drag Nairalander Over 'monetizing' Group [PICTURES] by Gerarduq(m): 4:41pm On Oct 05, 2020
Wow bro. You've already brought our discussion here. Oops.
Re: Group Members Drag Nairalander Over 'monetizing' Group [PICTURES] by Capnd143(m): 7:04pm On Oct 05, 2020
Ha.. This thing don reach Nairaland?
Re: Group Members Drag Nairalander Over 'monetizing' Group [PICTURES] by chii8(f): 6:03am On Oct 07, 2020
Hahahaha grin grin grin grin

Someone said WhatsApp admins are more powerful than local government chairman in Nigeria.

Meanwhile,in Nigeria na we dey do ourselves by our self.
Re: Group Members Drag Nairalander Over 'monetizing' Group [PICTURES] by cho25bc(f): 7:00am On Oct 07, 2020
Even before i opened the thread,i don already suspect say na that group. I was in that group some months ago before the admin removed me and some other people because we refused to register our names via a link he shared. He didnt even give us enough time to process his new rule before removing us one by one,save a few people. That group made sense until he began to put shoulder pads on his shoulders. I didnt even know about this case sef.
The truth is that it's unfair to force membership fees down members' throats. How much are we making? It's been a while that i got a new writing job. I just finished two tedious writing tests for a firm looking for content writers,free ni o,not paid. No sleep,no rest. On top how much if im finally selected, 1.5 naira/pw. So how will i feel comfortable to drop 500n for one admin when the chicken feed im getting once in a while never reach me?
We writers don suffer,walahi. I just hope that Goldcoin drops his pride as soon as possible and make amends before he loses his fans.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

STORY: RAPE [episode 3] / A Novel Company Wants To Publish Your Romance And Supernatural Stories / One Night Stand 18+

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.