Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,472 members, 7,961,461 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 05:58 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (86) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1404554 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by twizzie: 9:22am On Aug 05, 2014
Dear, Thank you for your help. We appreciate your effort, God bless you.
Was able to get through finally yesterday though and I am waiting for their mail for appointment with Fin latest Friday. Mothers, try to be patient
while calling them. You will get through to them in the long run.

Ibtisam24: Dear Moms who send me emails and details for an appointment at MIHS. I tried all ways and my best to get an appointment for you or at least 3 or 4 moms. They did not accept at all even I went to the nurse I told them my friends should book ticket and hotel only after getting an appointment with OB. They said sould be here physically. I am sorry but what to do.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 11:14am On Aug 05, 2014
AngelicBola83: For anyone interested or has family in Utah, I found this information

http://www.avmc-hospital.org/services/the_birth_place/pre-paid_plan_for_uninsured_mothers.aspx

Thanks for this info!But ob fees and epidural will be charged separately, chai!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 11:38am On Aug 05, 2014
Babymama123: Uhmn, I just came across this forum yesterday, had I known I won't have lied.
What is your candid advise. Have got the cash required to carry out all my medical expenses and also correspondence between my relative dere and the doctors. Pls help. Can I write to the consulate and seek approval.

They will most likely cancel your visa because your action is premeditated, rather than writing to seek approval if i were you i will be writing letter of apology for misrepresenting facts that is material to your visa application.

The crime is committed already so there is no point making things worse by being economical with the truth. Come out clean, apologize then lets hope your honesty (no matter how late its) will be rewarded.

Sending a letter to them saying stuff like: I now want to use my visa to give birth in US or i'm getting married now and pregnant etc will make the issue harder than its now.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Aug 05, 2014
Babymama123: Uhmn, I just came across this forum yesterday, had I known I won't have lied.
What is your candid advise. Have got the cash required to carry out all my medical expenses and also correspondence between my relative dere and the doctors. Pls help. Can I write to the consulate and seek approval.

You are saying one thing here and telling the VO on the other thread something else. Lying really does come naturally to you. I tell you, you are making things really difficult for yourself and LO.

A lady on this thread did same thing, wrote to the Consulate to seek approval and her visa was canceled. She applied again and was not given.

My advice; go to the US for vacation ASAP with your "single status". When asked at the POE if you are pregnant, be honest, but insist you are there for vacation and might be back later in the year to have your baby. Then come back and write to the Consulate saying you pregnant and intend to birth in the US. Hopefully, they will give you the "normal" response.

Go to the US with enough financial proof (if possible, prepay your medical bills) and use a "peaceful" POE.

Goodluck.

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MiddyO(f): 2:02pm On Aug 05, 2014
@ BabyMama123 I agree with Phema, don't bother confessing or writing a letter of apology, because you will only complicate your matter. You have laid a false foundation (i.e misrepresentation of facts) so it will be difficult to wriggle out of this. I
also suggest you travel and come back first, and make your second trip for having the baby, but what happens in the future? when you want to go on family vacations? How will you correct this in the future?

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by amash(f): 2:29pm On Aug 05, 2014
@Babe16
you should try Nisa Premier Hospital at jabi. will be registered there too. hear they are among the best.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by amash(f): 2:34pm On Aug 05, 2014
Babe16: Morning all, pls does anyone know of a good private hospital in Abuja where I can have my ante natal pls and if possible wats d cost of registration and other details pls. Tanx.

cost 150,000 just ante natal
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 2:36pm On Aug 05, 2014
MiddyO: @ BabyMama123 I agree with Phema, don't bother confessing or writing a letter of apology, because you will only complicate your matter. You have laid a false foundation (i.e misrepresentation of facts) so it will be difficult to wriggle out of this. I
also suggest you travel and come back first, and make your second trip for having the baby, but what happens in the future? when you want to go on family vacations? How will you correct this in the future?

This is the point where I say, see GOBE!

But yhe deed is done, if not for this forum sef, many of us would have lied out of fear, it was here I learnt that it's not illegal to go and have a baby in US. Even with my existing US visa before I got preg, I swear I could have worn clothing to hide my pregnancy hoping to sneak in past POE without being detected! it is all a big misconception. And it is all kudos to this forum.

I think she should write to them, that she just found out she is pregnant (another lie), but still single (another lie) and is considering delivering in the US. It is possible not to know she is pregnant if she is not far gone yet na!

She can also write that she is aware of the consequences of misrepresentation of facts that is why she has decided to inform them of the latest development and seek their consent to deliver in US during her vacation. She should also state that she has funds to pay for her medical treatment and will appreciate their response before she starts to shop around for a hospital (no need for correspondence between the hosp and her or her relatives). If possible, since we have already started lying, she can conjure a medical reason why she should seek medical treatment abroad (one more lie).
I really wish she had come across this forum before her interview, there will be no need to start seeking remedy to this already situation.

Na beg I de o! Please don't crucify me for the 4 more lies I added, you know it is one of 2 things, you cook up more lies to cover a lie, or come out in plaint truth. In this case, the truth can give you 10 years ban...

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by amash(f): 2:37pm On Aug 05, 2014
Babe16: Morning all, pls does anyone know of a good private hospital in Abuja where I can have my ante natal pls and if possible wats d cost of registration and other details pls. Tanx.

Nisa Premier Hospital in Jabi.... and i was told 150,000( it has some packages with it) will be registered there next week

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by malory84: 4:10pm On Aug 05, 2014
@Baby mama, just like Phema pointed out, lying does come natural to you. you are giving the VO on the other thread a different story from what you told us here. why did u even have to lie that your single! smh! well I think you should just use the visa for vacation, wear loose clothing, but if they eventually ask you, say the truth. come back, send a mail to the embassy. atlst you have used it for the purpose it was issued.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 4:56pm On Aug 05, 2014
malory84: @Baby mama, just like Phema pointed out, lying does come natural to you. you are giving the VO on the other thread a different story from what you told us here. why did u even have to lie that your single! smh! well I think you should just use the visa for vacation, wear loose clothing, but if they eventually ask you, say the truth. come back, send a mail to the embassy. atlst you have used it for the purpose it was issued.

@babymama
Which story are we to believe now? This one or the one on the other thread! O ga o! This is an anonymous forum, no one can link you to it so why don't you just tell the truth! Haba!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 5:11pm On Aug 05, 2014
malory84: @Baby mama, just like Phema pointed out, lying does come natural to you. you are giving the VO on the other thread a different story from what you told us here. why did u even have to lie that your single! smh! well I think you should just use the visa for vacation, wear loose clothing, but if they eventually ask you, say the truth. come back, send a mail to the embassy. atlst you have used it for the purpose it was issued.

Something tells me the lady is an intending immigrant hence those lies but in case i am wrong i will like to advice this lady to forget about going to the US for now. She is far gone to be travelling back and forth between the US and Nigeria in the name of vacation . Even if she writes the embassy on her return the probability of her visa being cancelled and banned is high. If i were the lady i will just allow the Visa expire and plan for the future. US no be do or die.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by cuteade: 5:16pm On Aug 05, 2014
@babymama are you so sure you aint cooking up stories because according to the other post you said you went for your interview in July and because of technical issues your visa won't be issued until 22nd of August. The point is I went for my interview on the 22nd of july and went for collection on the 31st of July despite the technical issue and public holiday. Please it is in your own best interest to come out clean.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by fowopere: 7:24pm On Aug 05, 2014
Hello house!!!! this forum has been so so informative! I am one of the mamas hoping to go and give birth in the states. I read the whole thread from the first page to the last page and followed step by step to get my hospital and all and I have decided to go with WHMC. i have gotten interview dates and all which is sometime in september and I am applying with my husband and Son. Even though we have a good travel history to the UK and some other countries I am still very worried and only pray that we find favor like the rest of you success stories in here. meanwhile i recently heard that people are being refused visas nowadays o could it be because of this Ebola thing? please who has gone for interview recently and how did it go?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Aug 05, 2014
Hello everyone I have been looking for a thread with such good information ever since, my sister intends having her baby in the u.s but she hasn't got the visa yet, she has an interview date already , she has a good job and also she can foot the bills, she emailed cedars-Sinai and had a bill of like $30,000 all includes vagina delivery,obstetrician fees, pediatrician etc, I'll like to know if she can tell the interviewing officer that she intends having her baby in the u.s and also if she needs to carry cash when she is traveling upon getting the visa. Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Aug 05, 2014
cuteade: @babymama are you so sure you aint cooking up stories because according to the other post you said you went for your interview in July and because of technical issues your visa won't be issued until 22nd of August. The point is I went for my interview on the 22nd of july and went for collection on the 31st of July despite the technical issue and public holiday. Please it is in your own best interest to come out clean.
in this case she might be saying the truth because a cousin went for her interview on the 22nd and is still yet to be issued visa , in fact she showed me the email sent to her last week from the embassy .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by tyty24(f): 9:07pm On Aug 05, 2014
Hi people, I have followed the message threads and I would like to
thank everyone who has contributed positively to this forum.
But I have sone few concerns and I need some urgent suggestions.
I applied while single for a B1/B2 non immigrant visa un 2012 and I
was issued a 2 year visa which will be expiring in december this year.
I got married last year and I'm 5 months pregnant will be due in nov.
I travelled in may this year and returned in june with no hassles.
Let me go straight to the point.I intend to have my first baby in the
US. but is it advisable I still use my valid visa and make my intentions
known when I get to the POEand I present my marriage certificate to
them or should I renew my visa?
I will be residing in arlington Dallas. does anyone have any idea of an
affordable hospital and a doctor one can contact for gynae.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Mrsfad2014: 9:27pm On Aug 05, 2014
tyty24: Hi people, I have followed the message threads and I would like to
thank everyone who has contributed positively to this forum.
But I have sone few concerns and I need some urgent suggestions.
I applied while single for a B1/B2 non immigrant visa un 2012 and I
was issued a 2 year visa which will be expiring in december this year.
I got married last year and I'm 5 months pregnant will be due in nov.
I travelled in may this year and returned in june with no hassles.
Let me go straight to the point.I intend to have my first baby in the
US. but is it advisable I still use my valid visa and make my intentions
known when I get to the POEand I present my marriage certificate to
them or should I renew my visa?
I will be residing in arlington Dallas. does anyone have any idea of an
affordable hospital and a doctor one can contact for gynae.
debrixxy:
Yes oh, God's favour indeed. My final destination was actually Houston through Qatar Airways but when they informed me that i was unfit to fly i took it as a sign and changed my POE to Atlanta, though i was angry sha. Imagine if i had gone through Houston POE, wow! God has a way of doing things.
hello people, pls i need advise seriously, i will be due in Jan but plan to travel in Oct. I have 2 years visa which i Av used with my family in dec last year to stay in Florida for a month. My agent said i need to send mail to embassy to tell them of my intention to delivery in the US. Pls is it compulsory to do that? If yes, which address will i send the mail ? My visa is still valid April 2015. Furthermore, i need help in getting a self catering studio in Houston, anywhere close to WHMC as i plan using the hospital. I will appreciate any info.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by fowopere: 9:57pm On Aug 05, 2014
Mrsfad2014: hello people, pls i need advise seriously, i will be due in Jan but plan to travel in Oct. I have 2 years visa which i Av used with my family in dec last year to stay in Florida for a month. My agent said i need to send mail to embassy to tell them of my intention to delivery in the US. Pls is it compulsory to do that? If yes, which address will i send the mail ? My visa is still valid April 2015. Furthermore, i need help in getting a self catering studio in Houston, anywhere close to WHMC as i plan using the hospital. I will appreciate any info.

there is an extended stay close by, that is the reservation i made plus i am also using WHMC and due in January smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 11:27pm On Aug 05, 2014
@nefertitiram, I doubt claiming ignorance of her pregnancy status will fly. For her to be due around Nov, it means she is more than 5 months gone and must have been showing (but concealed the pregnancy) during her interview. Who would be 5months gone and not know? These COs are not fools you know.

Travelling for vacation now and later going to have her baby is her best bet. Two ladies did same and didn't have much problems.

As for her subseqent visa renewals; she might not have much problems. So far she didn't deny being pregnant during her last interview (they seldom ask "single" ladies if they are pregnant anyways). Then again, thank God for drop box. wink
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by modath(f): 12:06am On Aug 06, 2014
amash:

cost 150,000 just ante natal
amash: @Babe16
you should try Nisa Premier Hospital at jabi. will be registered there too. hear they are among the best.

If you don't intend to have your baby there eventually, save your cash and go to Fed staff hospital in Jabi instead.. I had my baby there( Nisa) in '09 and two of my friends have had their babies there as well, aint nothing special about that place,most of their good doctors have left to start their own private practice.
Its good but not good enough to charge 750k (it could be more for compicated cases)for a C-section.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by IjayMama: 12:30am On Aug 06, 2014
Hi Nairalanders,
Just for clarity, is this true? "Please note that they (referring to the US passport issuing office) no longer accept just any notary from Nigeria except it comes from the american embassy in nigeria"....new mamas who just processed their babies documents shld pls help out.
Also I still need the contact info of any agents in Houston area who can help process Nigerian visa.
Warm regards.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 2:33am On Aug 06, 2014
chloe7: Hello everyone I have been looking for a thread with such good information ever since, my sister intends having her baby in the u.s but she hasn't got the visa yet, she has an interview date already , she has a good job and also she can foot the bills, she emailed cedars-Sinai and had a bill of like $30,000 all includes vagina delivery,obstetrician fees, pediatrician etc, I'll like to know if she can tell the interviewing officer that she intends having her baby in the u.s and also if she needs to carry cash when she is traveling upon getting the visa. Thank you.

$30,000 for childbirth!!! Please ask your sister to select from an array of cheaper options in the US and invest in the child's future! There are a million and 1 great hosps in US.
And Yes to all your questions.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 2:36am On Aug 06, 2014
Phema: @nefertitiram, I doubt claiming ignorance of her pregnancy status will fly. For her to be due around Nov, it means she is more than 5 months gone and must have been showing (but concealed the pregnancy) during her interview. Who would be 5months gone and not know? These COs are not fools you know.

Travelling for vacation now and later going to have her baby is her best bet. Two ladies did same and didn't have much problems.

As for her subseqent visa renewals; she might not have much problems. So far she didn't deny being pregnant during her last interview (they seldom ask "single" ladies if they are pregnant anyways). Then again, thank God for drop box. wink

Wowz! U r correct!
They didn't even ask me sef as married woman last year when I got mine.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by debrixxy: 3:01am On Aug 06, 2014
IjayMama: Hi Nairalanders,
Just for clarity, is this true? "Please note that they (referring to the US passport issuing office) no longer accept just any notary from Nigeria except it comes from the american embassy in nigeria"....new mamas who just processed their babies documents shld pls help out.
Also I still need the contact info of any agents in Houston area who can help process Nigerian visa.
Warm regards.

God bless you dear, i was gonna ask same question too. Please can someone help with this question, very important cos my Hubby didn't come with me.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 7:25am On Aug 06, 2014
nefertitiram:

$30,000 for childbirth!!! Please ask your sister to select from an array of cheaper options in the US and invest in the child's future! There are a million and 1 great hosps in US.
And Yes to all your questions.
thank you very much for your reply, really if not for this forum I wouldn't have known, apparently I thought all hospitals charge that much o, thank God for coming across this thread because i'm also planning my wedding for next year and baby is next grin ,I already told my fiance to gather his own part of the $30k so we can plan well, that's why ignorance isn't good, thanks a bunch kiss

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Pitykitten: 7:40am On Aug 06, 2014
Goodmorning everyone.
This is a fan mail. Lol. I'm neither married nor pregnant and probably won't be for the next year but I've been stuck on this thread for the past couple of months.

I know all your names and my note is full of the birthing process in the US. Well done everyone.

May the Good Lord grant you all your heart desires and safe delivery of healthy babies. Amen. kiss

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Queenetha(f): 9:15am On Aug 06, 2014
U wlc. I av nt gone to the embassy yet but will soon.

dserious: @ Queenetha, thanks alot. I called d MIHS num and requested for dr appointment. I was sent an email for appointment with financial. I will call again to knw if i can get an appointmet wt dr, otherwise i will present d email appt with financial at POE. Have you gone to d embassy yet?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Mrsfad2014: 9:17am On Aug 06, 2014
fowopere: @ Fowopere, Kindly forward the name, address and if possible the e mail address of the extended stay close by you mentioned in your comment. So that i can make my booking now. I will be travelling first week in October, can you suggest a stress free airline and as someone mentioned in the old comment that we should try to redirect our flight, do you Av any advise on that.
moreover, nobody has answer my question about sending a letter of intention to the embassy before travelling. Is it necessary or not?

there is an extended stay close by, that is the reservation i made plus i am also using WHMC and due in January smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Queenetha(f): 9:19am On Aug 06, 2014
Awww, thanks a lot Ibtisam.

Ibtisam24: Dear Moms who send me emails and details for an appointment at MIHS. I tried all ways and my best to get an appointment for you or at least 3 or 4 moms. They did not accept at all even I went to the nurse I told them my friends should book ticket and hotel only after getting an appointment with OB. They said sould be here physically. I am sorry but what to do.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Kween2014: 9:58am On Aug 06, 2014
[quote author=Mrsfad2014][/quote]

@ Mrsfad2014, yes, it is necessary to send the email to the embassy notifying them...not compulsory but necessary and that singular email has saved a lot of mamas at POE. Most likely, you will get the standard response. The email to send it to depends on where you got ur visa...Lagos or Abuja. Lagos - LagosNIV@state.gov, Abuja - consularabuja@state.gov. Although, you can choose to send to both and pick the response you like better. I sent to both and got their standard responses but i like the Abuja one better so im sticking with that. wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (402)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.