Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,875 members, 7,959,746 topics. Date: Friday, 27 September 2024 at 06:23 AM

Burna Boy Replies Young Artist Who Drew Him As A Gorilla - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Burna Boy Replies Young Artist Who Drew Him As A Gorilla (7147 Views)

Blessing Okoro Blasts Artist Who Drew Her Portrait / Wizkid Appreciates His Female Fan Who Drew Him(photos) / "Just Shut Up Please!" - Davido Tells Fan. Burna Boy Replies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burna Boy Replies Young Artist Who Drew Him As A Gorilla by Fvcknames: 12:57am On Nov 05, 2020
SAMBARRY:
there are unspoken stories in art.art sends a message.if you don't know or understand art then you will not get my point.its not being emotional or sentimental.that art work is highly offensive

For example I can tell you I love you through painting without writing it in words,I can TELL you I hate you,I can equate you to an animal.i can tell you you're a gorilla WITHOUT WRITING IT IN WORDS. And that was exactly what the artist did lipsrsealed

The reason why Burna boy is not seeing it that way is because he doesn't understand the language of art.if I say in Yoruba "werey Ni e" and you don't understand Yoruba language,you will brush it off and not read any meaning to it BECAUSE YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THE LANGUAGE

but if you do,you will definitely take offence.thats the whole point.

Bro, the gorilla is burna's signature.
If you've watched Odogwu video there's a part where Burna looks at his reflection and sees a gorilla.

On his album cover look at the sole of his shoe

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Replies Young Artist Who Drew Him As A Gorilla by iboboyswag(m): 1:03am On Nov 05, 2020
SAMBARRY:
lipsrsealed

I wonder why Burna boy doesn't find this offensive.its absolutely disrespectful and he seems not to realise art is a story in itself.it tells an unspoken story.those who read and see through art works will understand what I'm saying

It's debasing,PERIODT!

It is only by your interpretation.

The gorilla represents many things and in the posture and expression the artist depicts him, it showed power, an assiduity of the subjects character.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Replies Young Artist Who Drew Him As A Gorilla by muller101(m): 9:20am On Nov 05, 2020
It's nice. But if a white dude did this . we will scream racism
Re: Burna Boy Replies Young Artist Who Drew Him As A Gorilla by Dantedasz(m): 9:54am On Nov 05, 2020
SAMBARRY:
there are unspoken stories in art.art sends a message.if you don't know or understand art then you will not get my point.its not being emotional or sentimental.that art work is highly offensive

For example I can tell you I love you through painting without writing it in words,I can TELL you I hate you,I can equate you to an animal.i can tell you you're a gorilla WITHOUT WRITING IT IN WORDS. And that was exactly what the artist did lipsrsealed

The reason why Burna boy is not seeing it that way is because he doesn't understand the language of art.if I say in Yoruba "werey Ni e" and you don't understand Yoruba language,you will brush it off and not read any meaning to it BECAUSE YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THE LANGUAGE

but if you do,you will definitely take offence.thats the whole point.

Madam,
Artistic license allows artists to associate themselves to various kinds of animals to prove their prowess in the industry.
Musicians commonly refer to themselves as gorillas,lions,killers,devils murderers and even god. It is part of artistic license. I bet if the art work had depicted Burna boy as a lion, you probably would not find it offensive .
A few years ago when 50 Cent was on top of the rap game he had a group and clothes line called G unit. I am sure a lot of people wearing G unit attire back in the day never knew that G unit stood for Gorilla unit! Lol!

Gorrilla is part of the Burna boy personae,that is why he cannot be offended by the art work depicting him as a gorilla because it depicts POWER and STRENGTH in the industry!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Landmark University Student Sextape Having Sex With Lover Leaked / Photo: See What Michael Jackson’s Daughter, Paris, Looks Like Now / Halle Berry Gets Too Much Props!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.