Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,022 members, 7,963,324 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 09:48 AM

Jailed Boxer, Ibeabuchi Yet To Regain Freedom- Brother - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jailed Boxer, Ibeabuchi Yet To Regain Freedom- Brother (183 Views)

Eid Mubarak Message From Hon (rev) Uche Ibeabuchi Ukadike / Bishop Ibeabuchi Celebrate Golden Age, Dedicates Child / Mom Of Ryan Kaji, Star Of Ryan Toysreview, Once Jailed For Shoplifting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jailed Boxer, Ibeabuchi Yet To Regain Freedom- Brother by Erons123: 8:15am On Nov 07, 2020
Jailed Nigerian heavyweight boxer Ike Ibeabuchi is yet to regain freedom, his younger brother, Stan said.

Stan debunked rumor that the former world heavyweight has been released as he revealed that he is still detained by the United States (U.S) Immigration and Customs Enforcement Center (ICE) in Eloy, Arizona.

“Ike was transferred to ICE following his release on September 13, 2020 from Arizona Penal system and is been held there.”

He said the U.S law system is frustrating all moves by his brother to get freedom.

He added: “My brother’s case was handled unjustly, and he was never given a fair chance to defend himself.

He spent a lot of time for a crime he did not commit, and spent more than 20 years in prison. That is an injustice.

What I think happened is an action against him, just to make sure Ike didn’t achieve his dream of becoming heavyweight champion of the world.

“In regards to his so-called probation violation, why would a detainee spend more than two years in detention without being sentenced? This is someone arrested since 2016, and four years behind bars for a probation violation he knew nothing about.

He did not know what was required of him (nobody informed him).

They should have given my brother Ike a fair hearing and a fair judgment, and not left him behind bars for four years.

To me, that is injustice, and all this to end with a career in boxing completely destroyed, which he might have achieved (greatness).”

Read more at: https://ekohotblog.com/2020/11/07/jailed-boxer-ibeabuchi-yet-to-regain-freedom-brother/

(1) (Reply)

Throwback Of Aki And Paw Paw / Trump Faces Criminal Indictments After Leaving Office / Best Web Hosting In Lahore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.