Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,197 members, 7,963,936 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 10:58 PM

The Word Becomes Flesh - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Word Becomes Flesh (165 Views)

The Eternal Word Becomes Flesh / The Sumerian Tables Account On The Flesh And Blood Gods Of The Bible. / The Word For Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Word Becomes Flesh by Kei144(m): 7:26pm On Nov 21, 2020
Jn. 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Jn. 1:3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.
Jn. 1:4 In him was life, and that life was the light of men.

Jn. 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Above quote from Scripture talks about Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the ultimate case of the Word becoming flesh. But in this write up, we will be looking at the Word becoming flesh in anyone. It is about anyone becoming like Jesus Christ.

Jn. 14:12 I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.

In Jn. 14:12, Jesus says that anyone who has faith in him will do all the works that he did during his earthly ministry. Today, so many people say that they have faith in Jesus Christ, but they are not doing all the works that Jesus Christ did during his earthly ministry. Why can’t they do the works that Jesus did?

The problem is: What aspect of Jesus Christ does a person need to have faith in, in order to be able to do all the works that Jesus Christ did during his earthly ministry? A lot of Christians have faith in his name, very much like a magic wand. The name “Jesus Christ” is obviously a strong tower that saves anyone that runs into it, but saying the name alone doesn’t enable anyone to do all the works that Jesus Christ did during his earthly ministry.

A lot of evangelical Christians put their faith in the finished work of Jesus Christ; all that Jesus Christ accomplished for his followers on the cross of Calvary. One thing I have noticed though, is that the effect of the finished work of Christ is not fully made manifest in the lives of most Christians in this world. The general hope is that it will manifest in the afterlife. But Mt. 14:12 talks about followers of Jesus Christ doing in this life, all the works that Jesus Christ did during his earthly ministry. Faith in the finished work of Christ is very important, but it is not enough to make any Christian to do all the works that Jesus Christ did during his earthly ministry.

One very powerful aspect of Jesus Christ that is often ignored by most Christians is the fact that during his earthly ministry, he was the Word made flesh. His words were the word of God. Those words were God.

Jn. 14:10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.
Jn. 14:11 Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves.

Before Jesus’ statement in Jn. 14:12, he had talked about how the words he spoke were the Father living in him doing His work. “Anyone who has faith in me” is actually a reference to faith in God’s word coming out of Jesus Christ. Anyone who has faith in God’s word will do all the work that Jesus Christ did during his earthly ministry.

https://www.pdf-archive.com/2020/11/21/the-word-becomes-flesh/the-word-becomes-flesh.pdf
Re: The Word Becomes Flesh by Kei144(m): 7:27pm On Nov 21, 2020
Doing God’s Work

In order to obtain spiritual things from heaven, such as spiritual healing or deliverance, one needs to have currency of heaven. The only way to earn currency of heaven is to do God’s work. In Jn. 14:10, Jesus Christ says that the words he spoke was the Father in him doing His work. So, if you speak the words of God, you are allowing God to do His work through you. By so doing, you are accumulating currency of heaven.

Jn. 6:27 Do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. On him God the Father has placed his seal of approval.”
Jn. 6:28 Then they asked him, “What must we do to do the works God requires?”
Jn. 6:29 Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.”

The work of God is to believe in the one God has sent. The one God sent is actually His word. The Word became flesh in the man Jesus Christ. The only way God works is by sending His word. Through His word, God creates or destroys anything. The only way for a human being to participate in God’s work is by believing God’s word.
Re: The Word Becomes Flesh by Kei144(m): 7:29pm On Nov 21, 2020
The Currency of Heaven

2Pe. 1:3 His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.
2Pe. 1:4 Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.

The currency of heaven is the divine power. God has provided everything any human being needs for life and godliness through His divine power. This means that if you have the divine power, you have everything you need. But the divine power is not cheap; you must do God’s work in order to obtain it. 2 Pe. 1:4 shows how to obtain the divine power; it is through God’s great and precious promises. So, when we talk about God’s word, we are talking about God’s commandments and promises.

Having the currency of heaven enables one to do all the works that Jesus Christ did during his earthly ministry.
Re: The Word Becomes Flesh by Kei144(m): 7:30pm On Nov 21, 2020
Faith in God’s Word

We have seen that displaying faith in God’s commandments and promises is participating in God’s work and is the way to earn the currency of heaven. How does one display faith in the commandments and promises of God?

Ro. 10:10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

Faith in God’s word involves belief in God’s word in the heart and then speaking out God’s word with your mouth. Believing in the heart brings justification, which is necessary for the afterlife. Speaking out God’s word with the mouth brings salvation in this life. This implies that the way to earn the currency of heaven is to speak out God’s word with the mouth. Possession of heavenly currency enables a person to solve problems in the now, which is doing the works that Jesus Christ did during his earthly ministry.

Jn. 3:34 For the one whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God gives the Spirit without limit.

If you form the habit of always speaking God’s commandments and promises to yourself and to other people, you have been sent by God and God will give you the Holy Spirit without limit. You will then do all the works that Jesus Christ did during his earthly ministry.
Re: The Word Becomes Flesh by Kei144(m): 7:33pm On Nov 21, 2020
Man shall not live by bread alone

Mt. 4:4 Jesus answered, “It is written: `Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”

As we delight in God’s word in our hearts and speak it out with our mouths, we are feeding our souls with God’s word. The word becomes spirit in us.

De. 8:2 Remember how the LORD your God led you all the way in the desert these forty years, to humble you and to test you in order to know what was in your heart, whether or not you would keep his commands.
De. 8:3 He humbled you, causing you to hunger and then feeding you with manna, which neither you nor your fathers had known, to teach you that man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the LORD.

When we encounter difficulties in our lives, it is a trial of our faith in God’s word. It is opportunity to display our faith in the God’s word. As we delight in God’s word in our hearts and speak God’s promises to our situation, God releases the Holy Spirit into that situation in great measure. The Spirit implements God’s word.

Is. 55:10 As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,
Is. 55:11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.
Re: The Word Becomes Flesh by Kei144(m): 7:36pm On Nov 21, 2020
The power of resurrection

Jn. 11:25 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies;
Jn. 11:26 and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?”

A lot of people do not believe that Christians could ascend to heaven from the land of the living and even Christians who believe so do not understand the mechanism that will make it to happen. In Jn. 11:25-26, we see the Word speaking through Jesus Christ. The Word is the resurrection and the life (compare with Jn. 1:4). Believing God’s word in the heart qualifies one for eternal life in the afterlife. There is a way a person will continually feed on God’s word with mouth and the person will never die in the flesh.

Ez. 37:3 He asked me, “Son of man, can these bones live?” I said, “O Sovereign LORD, you alone know.”
Ez. 37:4 Then he said to me, “Prophesy to these bones and say to them, ‘Dry bones, hear the word of the LORD!”

Ez. 37:9 Then he said to me, “Prophesy to the breath; prophesy, son of man, and say to it, ‘This is what the Sovereign LORD says: Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe into these slain, that they may live.’”

The resurrection of Israel described in Ez. 37:1-10 involves two stages. The first stage is speaking God’s word to the dry bones. This leads to the second stage in which the Holy Spirit comes in great measure and causes the resurrection.

Ez. 36:25 I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols.
Ez. 36:26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.
Ez. 36:27 And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws.

Speaking out God’s word cleanses the soul (Jn. 15:3, Ep. 5:26) and clears the way for the Holy Spirit to come in fully.
Re: The Word Becomes Flesh by Kei144(m): 7:37pm On Nov 21, 2020
The fall of Man

“Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?”
Ge. 3:2 The woman said to the serpent, “We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden,
Ge. 3:3 but God did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’”
Ge. 3:4 “You will not surely die,” the serpent said to the woman.
Ge. 3:5 “For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”
Ge. 3:6 When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it.

During Satan’s challenge of the faith of Adam and Eve in God’s word, Eve started out well by speaking out God’s word. But when Satan threw his own word at Eve, Eve made the mistake of looking away from God’s word and dwelling on Satan’s word. Both Adam and Eve were quickly swept off their feet—the fall of man.

Mt. 4:3 The tempter came to him and said, “If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread.”
Mt. 4:4 Jesus answered, “It is written: `Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’“

During Satan’s challenge of Jesus’ faith in God’s word, Jesus always promptly responded to any word by Satan with God’s word that is related to Satan’s word. All Satan’s effort to cause the fall of Jesus failed and God gave the Holy Spirit to Jesus without limit.

When a follower of Jesus Christ is challenged by problems of this world, it is an opportunity to display faith in God’s word by speaking out God’s word that applies to the given situation. Looking away from God’s word to the ways of the world means that the person is of the world and not of heaven. The person remains in the fall of man.
Re: The Word Becomes Flesh by Kei144(m): 7:37pm On Nov 21, 2020
Prosperity and Success

Jo. 1:8 Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.

Jn. 15:7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you.

(1) (Reply)

"The Glorious Lord Will Be Unto Us A Place Of Broad Rivers....." / [sermon]: Poison – Pastor Kayode Adeyemo / I Can’t Study All The Religions, So Why Yours?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.