Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,228 members, 7,936,783 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 11:12 PM

Are People Nicer To Good Looking People? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are People Nicer To Good Looking People? (8013 Views)

The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. / Why We're Nicer To Strangers Than The People We Love Most / Why Nigerian Ladies Are Nicer To White Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are People Nicer To Good Looking People? by babyme1(f): 9:19am On Mar 22, 2011
@Post: True,especially guys to fine girls and vice versa smiley
Re: Are People Nicer To Good Looking People? by Jenifa1: 9:34am On Mar 22, 2011
most certainly.

pro01:

Unfortunately that is so true (in many, not all cases). But I find that it is more so if the good looking person is somewhat personable and 'charming' - armed with a self-deprecating down to earth charisma. Several times I've noticed how a decent smile on a fine face (whether male or female) can help one get away with a multitude of sins. For real.

But on the other hand, an arrogant demeanour, or self-satisfied countenance on a fine face can often be counter- productive as it could stir insecurities and angst in other people and thus earn you a double dose of ill-treatment.

the last part is very true.
a goodlooking person with a nasty attitude will get treated worse than an ugly person with nasty attitude.
while a goodlooking person with a good attitude will get treated better than an ugly person with a good attitude.
Re: Are People Nicer To Good Looking People? by Phate07(m): 10:13am On Mar 22, 2011
Sure! undecided
Re: Are People Nicer To Good Looking People? by misanho: 10:33am On Mar 22, 2011
its a 50/50 tin, some  people attend 2 u while others envy and talk rudely 2 u,   so all good looking pple in the house expect d worst and b glad of d best>>
Re: Are People Nicer To Good Looking People? by Novice1(m): 11:17am On Mar 22, 2011
Good looking girls are on the average more arrogant and haughty than average looking babes, and people tend to reciprocate by being hard on them.

Ditto for men, especially if they have some naira or family background to go with it.

But it all boils down to one's character. You can be the most beautiful girl or most handsome guy, if you handle people like rubbish, they will treat you the same.
Re: Are People Nicer To Good Looking People? by femibig(m): 12:48pm On Mar 22, 2011
Sure, people are nicer to good looking people be it male or female, why? Don't know.
Re: Are People Nicer To Good Looking People? by Dreamchaser1(f): 1:12pm On Mar 22, 2011
Yes. Most of the good things I've gotten in life was as a result of the way I look. But some ppl would hate you for having the beauty advantage!
Re: Are People Nicer To Good Looking People? by medjai(m): 1:49pm On Mar 22, 2011
yeah, people are nicer to good looking people.
Re: Are People Nicer To Good Looking People? by Amya(f): 2:06pm On Mar 22, 2011
Novice1:

But it all boils down to one's character. You can be the most beautiful girl or most handsome guy, if you handle people like rubbish, they will treat you the same.

on paper dearie, reality is another thing altogether.
Re: Are People Nicer To Good Looking People? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Mar 22, 2011
Wow. One should check out profile pictures more often. Very impressive, regardless. . .
Re: Are People Nicer To Good Looking People? by Segzy23: 2:36pm On Mar 22, 2011
It is so true.

What I would say, is that most guys find it easier to say Yes Ma/Madam to a lady if she is good looking. I do it, and I have seen a lot of guys do it as well. I 've noticed that ladies do it to Men that are good looking too.
Re: Are People Nicer To Good Looking People? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Mar 22, 2011
So how come 95% of nigeria's leaders do not qualify as good looking yet they control all the dough and also the ugliest men usually end up with the most beautiful women. Are they using juju.
Re: Are People Nicer To Good Looking People? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Mar 22, 2011
@ Topic

As much as I hate to admit, it is true afterall lol, there's an unwritten rule about this
Re: Are People Nicer To Good Looking People? by 3kay945(m): 4:00pm On Mar 22, 2011
yeah , people are always nice and nicer to me becos am handsome. @post = positive
Re: Are People Nicer To Good Looking People? by fuke(m): 4:21pm On Mar 22, 2011
tpiah!:

So how come 95% of nigeria's leaders do not qualify as good looking yet they control all the dough and also the ugliest men usually end up with the most beautiful women. Are they using juju.

I like your question. Most times the answer is money.

An average Nigerian girl will sacrifice intellect and good looks for money.

In politics, especially in PDP where integrity has no place it is money and thuggery,
Re: Are People Nicer To Good Looking People? by namelesss: 4:35pm On Mar 22, 2011
yes of course, its in the blood,
Re: Are People Nicer To Good Looking People? by stildude(m): 5:02pm On Mar 22, 2011
Been demonstrated to be true on Dr Phil. Good looking people mostly get all the attention and people are usually nice to them. Wanna wonder why people troop into Christ Embassy, do you think it's only about the anointing? Why do banks send their prettiest to go after the money in the street and attend to customers across the counter in most cases? The other types are busy counting money in the bulk room.
Re: Are People Nicer To Good Looking People? by CrudeOil2(m): 5:07pm On Mar 22, 2011
Yes. Most people(not all) are generally nicer to good looking people. People call you fine girl/fine boy (for naija) all the time, you get favors which you are unlikely get if you aren't good looking, and sometimes you can get away with sins. You also get unwanted compliments most the time (experience).
Re: Are People Nicer To Good Looking People? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Mar 22, 2011
stildude:

Been demonstrated to be true on Dr Phil. Good looking people mostly get all the attention and people are usually nice to them. Wanna wonder why people troop into Christ Embassy, do you think it's only about the anointing? Why do banks send their prettiest to go after the money in the street and attend to customers across the counter in most cases? The other types are busy counting money in the bulk room.

Lol. Classic euphemism at its very best. Roflmao at "the other types". . .as if they're different species.
Re: Are People Nicer To Good Looking People? by chibaby5(f): 6:07pm On Mar 22, 2011
@ Poster

Yes, 'generally' lyk u put it. (IMO) cool
Re: Are People Nicer To Good Looking People? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Mar 22, 2011
Reminds me of that Family guy skit where the cute girl told Peter she was collecting human legs for charity and Peter started sawing his foot off. After refusing to buy cookies from another ugly girl moments before for the same charity. cheesy
Re: Are People Nicer To Good Looking People? by duduspace(m): 7:29pm On Mar 22, 2011
Good looks (Beauty) is in the eye of the beholder. What appeals to one, appeals not to the other. I must also not forget to say though that some beauty seem to be in the eyes of almost every beholder. Yes, it is natural to be nice to someone that you consider good looking while being offhandish to someone who doesn't appeal to you, afterall why should I spend any of my precious time looking at a picture of "The Scream" when I could be wanking to "The Mona Lisa" ecstatically if I aint no psycho?
Re: Are People Nicer To Good Looking People? by chic2pimp(m): 8:11pm On Mar 22, 2011
^^^^^My Trophyless person, you too dey for Romance section?
Re: Are People Nicer To Good Looking People? by duduspace(m): 8:19pm On Mar 22, 2011
Chickenchimp, when did I need a visa from you to post on any section I choose to on nairaland? tongue
Re: Are People Nicer To Good Looking People? by chic2pimp(m): 8:25pm On Mar 22, 2011
FUFUFACE,

Oya talk true, . . . .Wetin be your reason for posting on the Romance section?

Abi you don divorce Wengay and you dey hia dey find new sex play mate? tongue
Re: Are People Nicer To Good Looking People? by mamagee3(f): 9:44pm On Mar 22, 2011
After all is said and done. . .

The goodlooking ones know themselves likewise the not so goodlooking ones but in the end we should all judge people by their personality not their looks.
Re: Are People Nicer To Good Looking People? by 197(f): 9:55pm On Mar 22, 2011
^^mamagee carry your fugly face away from here
Re: Are People Nicer To Good Looking People? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Mar 22, 2011
I Hate Good Looking People,they expect things to go their way,
Re: Are People Nicer To Good Looking People? by ak47mann(m): 10:27pm On Mar 22, 2011
grin grin grin grin see hate wetin goodlooking people do una? is not their fault noww cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Are People Nicer To Good Looking People? by Atreides(f): 10:28pm On Mar 22, 2011
We hate you too! grin
Oh wait,hating would mean we actually give a damn,and we don't.
So lemme rephrase:
We don't care. grin
Re: Are People Nicer To Good Looking People? by ak47mann(m): 10:30pm On Mar 22, 2011
^^^^^^
grin grin grin grin grin grin for how long will you hate AK grin grin grin
Re: Are People Nicer To Good Looking People? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Mar 22, 2011
We hate you too! Grin
Oh wait,hating would mean we actually give a damn,and we don't.
So lemme rephrase:
We don't care. Grin
Actually those who say they don't care actually do,if u didn't u wouldn't be stating that u don't init

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

HILARIOUS: Guy Passes Out While Getting A Lap Dance From Club Girls (see Photos / He Loves You But Still Looks At Other Women / 15 Annoying Things Men Do In Bed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.