Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,902 members, 7,959,816 topics. Date: Friday, 27 September 2024 at 08:01 AM

What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 - TV/Movies (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 (130797 Views)

Poll: What is Your Taste of Movie?

Horror: 8% (64 votes)
Fiction: 7% (53 votes)
Action: 19% (143 votes)
Comedy: 17% (130 votes)
Tragedy: 2% (19 votes)
Adventure: 15% (111 votes)
Mission: 5% (38 votes)
Bad Movies: 2% (16 votes)
Zombie: 0% (5 votes)
Vampire: 3% (29 votes)
Evil: 1% (9 votes)
Romance: 15% (117 votes)
This poll has ended

That Movie You Can't Get Tired Of Watching / If You Watched This Series, You Are Too Older Than You Think / What Was The Last Movie You Watched? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (97) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by aieromon(m): 9:05pm On Aug 16, 2011
The Adjustment Bureau
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Nobody: 12:41am On Aug 17, 2011
Orphan.

Just shocked shocked

lol
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by vescucci(m): 12:49am On Aug 17, 2011
Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus. You don't understand it even if you understand it. Terry Gilliam's head is just like Doctor Parnassus
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:39am On Aug 17, 2011
[size=13pt]So I started watching this movie thinking that it was going to be some kind of cool new Bourne Identity type flick (mostly because of the Matt Damon aspect) and ended up getting some kind of weird romance/thriller/Christian allegory instead angry.

My girlfriend got bored and stole my phone to play bejeweled about 10 minutes in cheesy cheesy . I wish I would have had the idea first, as to not have to wade through the sea of awful corniness and cringe moments that appeared in front of me wink.

Nothing is really explained the entire film. grin smiley
[/size]

aieromon:

The Adjustment Bureau
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Ogaga4Luv(m): 4:04am On Aug 17, 2011

[size=13pt]Chinatown

Chinatown is one of the most excellent films to come from Roman Polanski.

The screenplay builds a fine sense of unease and tension, keeping you thinking from start to finish grin . The characters are well-developed and especially well-acted. The storytelling is flawless, a perfect balance of mystery and romance. Filmed in Technicolor and with welcome appearances from John Huston and director Roman Polanski, it remains on the same level of Hollywood film-making as Casablanca and The Godfather. Jack Nicholson and Faye Dunaway are excellent in Oscar-nominated performances, but it is Robert Towne's screenplay that really makes strides grin grin wink.
[/size]
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by obinna5000(m): 12:33pm On Aug 17, 2011
@Ogaga4Luv
"The Adjustment Bureau" was just an average film.

vescucci:

Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus. You don't understand it even if you understand it. Terry Gilliam's head is just like Doctor Parnassus

@vescucci
Have you seen "Synecdoche, New York" or "Primer"? cheesy
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:33pm On Aug 17, 2011
[size=13pt]Yeah but i know you'll like to cast your rating at least! grin wink[/size]

obinna5000:

@Ogaga4Luv
"The Adjustment Bureau" was just an average film.

Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:41pm On Aug 17, 2011

[size=13pt]The Prestige

What a movie, it's really one of the best movies i have ever watched grin . It took to me about 5 hours to finished it, i reversed it many times to try to understand wink.

It deserve an Oscar, there's no more, I LOVE "THE PRESTIGE". It is very helpful to get comments of many people who likes movies, I watched it around 3 weeks ago and i have not finished to understand all points, there is a lot of magic kiss kiss kiss * my hobby to say* wink . Thanks to Nolan's for this movie, it makes feel that "good movies" does not finish yet. wink
[/size]
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by amblors(m): 5:58pm On Aug 17, 2011
^^^
thats a WOW movie in every sense of the word.

had a flaw sha, the other magician can't rem his name implied that he was still the same (original version of him) but he died the first time he used that machine. thats the way i see it though.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Ogaga4Luv(m): 6:03pm On Aug 17, 2011
[size=13pt]I know you'll like it friend. . . sensible movie indeed ^^ grin wink[/size]

amblors:

^^^
thats a WOW movie in every sense of the word.

had a flaw sha, the other magician can't rem his name implied that he was still the same (original version of him) but he died the first time he used that machine. thats the way i see it though.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Nobody: 6:20pm On Aug 17, 2011
I Am Legend. Will Smith at his best. Though old he still brought out that awe-inspiring concept out of the movie.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by amblors(m): 6:30pm On Aug 17, 2011
^^^
I didnt like that movie at all.
saw the first part on TV didnt know it was a movie, thought the cure for cancer had been found for real, lol.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Nobody: 6:47pm On Aug 17, 2011
^^^^^
Lol @ cure for cancer has be discovered! I think the movie is quite interesting. It might not have been your usual kind of movies, it's still awesome in many ramification.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by semid4lyfe(m): 8:08pm On Aug 17, 2011
The Pursuit of Happyness [2006]

The guy suffer no be small ehn. . .kinda reminds me of Suara in the first Super Story. Between Richard Gardner and Forrest Gump, I nor know who run pass grin

Very touching movie and convincing performances from Will Smith and his son.

Shey na only me but Jaden Smith was a far better actor when he was younger. . hint: Pursuit of Happyness[2006] vis-a-vis Karate Kid [2010]

I'll score the movie a 7
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by amblors(m): 8:10pm On Aug 17, 2011
semid4lyfe:

The Pursuit of Happyness [2006]

The guy suffer no be small ehn. . .kinda reminds me of Suara in the first Super Story. Between Richard Gardner and Forrest Gump, I nor know who run pass grin

Very touching movie and convincing performances from Will Smith and his son.

Shey na only me but Jaden Smith was a far better actor when he was younger. . hint: Pursuit of Happyness[2006] vis-a-vis Karate Kid [2010]

I'll score the movie a 7

grin grin grin

i give that movie a 9. its an inspiring/motivational movie, great acting too.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Nobody: 10:07pm On Aug 17, 2011
Assault on Precinct 13
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Ogaga4Luv(m): 10:15pm On Aug 17, 2011
[size=13pt]but I can honestly say that it is so engrossing that I enjoyed every minute of it again and again. What I really admire is the way everything - every word spoken, every action - was linked throughout the story. Nothing is wasted grin [/size]

amblors:

^^^
I didnt like that movie at all.
saw the first part on TV didnt know it was a movie, thought the cure for cancer had been found for real, lol.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by chika98: 10:21pm On Aug 17, 2011
I caught some bits of the Final Destination 5 on veetle. Easily one of the dumbest movies this year.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Nobody: 10:44pm On Aug 17, 2011
^^wait till you catch a glimpse of THE SMURFS, a plain waste of time!

@thread
the BURMA CONSPIRACY, great movie!!!!! it's the follow up to a great movie called LARGO WINCH.

also watched (at least i tried for an hour) the movie with Jim Carrey and the penguins, oh lawd!!!
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by chika98: 10:51pm On Aug 17, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

@thread
the BURMA CONSPIRACY, great movie!!!!! it's the follow up to a great movie called LARGO WINCH.

also watched (at least i tried for an hour) the movie with Jim Carrey and the penguins, oh lawd!!!

I will NEVER make that mistake of catching a glimpse of it. grin grin
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by amblors(m): 10:53pm On Aug 17, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

there some movies i dont make an attempt to watch. "the smurfs"? lol, the film they painted a small village in Spain blue all for dolls to move & talk round the town. ah ! na na. grin grin
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Nobody: 11:04pm On Aug 17, 2011
chika98:

I will NEVER make that mistake of catching a glimpse of it. grin grin

amblors:

there some movies i dont make an attempt to watch. "the smurfs"? lol, the film they painted a small village in Spain blue all for dolls to move & talk round the town. ah ! na na. grin grin

bro, some women are champions at making us feel guilty for always wanting to watch the action/thriller/horror type of movies. so i said:"ok why dont you choose a movie?!" and THE SMURFS was the next thing i was "forced" to watch.

actually the animation/real movie mix was half bad but the damn make up of the guy playing Gargamel?! and the story that goes nowhere. . . . . . . . . . . thank god i dont pay to watch these flicks because i would have been real pissed!
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by chika98: 11:06pm On Aug 17, 2011
Only kindergartners should watch "Smurfs" No pun intended. grin grin
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Nobody: 11:09pm On Aug 17, 2011
^ŷou are not far from the truth with thats statement AND that flick.

by the way, has anyone watched the movie/biography called THE DEVIL'S DOUBLE about the guy who use to be the body double for Saddam Hussein' s son?!
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:40pm On Aug 17, 2011
[size=13pt]MRbrownJAY dear i saw this Movie just yesterday ^^ grin

The movie is based on a real story and holds incredible potential, could have made a fantastic drama, even a surreal comedy which made my disappointment even greater. But this is so cheesy it makes you laugh. Of course everybody speaks English. The bad guys of course have a slight Arabic accent grin grin . Too cliché cheesy cheesy ? Hero and love interest horse riding into sunset! Producer: fail. Script: fail. Director: fail. Acting: fail. cheesy cheesy
[/size]

MRbrownJAY:

^ŷou are not far from the truth with thats statement AND that flick.

by the way, has anyone watched the movie/biography called THE DEVIL'S DOUBLE about the guy who use to be the body double for Saddam Hussein' s son?!
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by ragdollz: 12:32am On Aug 18, 2011
hhmm, still watching the Indian film Robot grin grin. Maybe I'm easily impressed, but this is one heck of a good film grin grin. Ticks all the boxes for me, lol. Action, suspense, romance, thrills and frills. Need to catch up on my Bollywood pronto!
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Nobody: 2:06am On Aug 18, 2011
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]MRbrownJAY dear i saw this Movie just yesterday ^^ grin

The movie is based on a real story and holds incredible potential, could have made a fantastic drama, even a surreal comedy which made my disappointment even greater. But this is so cheesy it makes you laugh. Of course everybody speaks English. The bad guys of course have a slight Arabic accent grin grin . Too cliché cheesy cheesy ? Hero and love interest horse riding into sunset! Producer: fail. Script: fail. Director: fail. Acting: fail. cheesy cheesy
[/size]

you must be talking about another movie. are you sure that's the same movie we are talking about?
that one?!:

Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:35am On Aug 18, 2011
[size=13pt]The one of 2011 of course . . . grin[/size]

MRbrownJAY:

you must be talking about another movie. are you sure that's the same movie we are talking about?
that one?!:

Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:56am On Aug 18, 2011

[size=13pt]The Treasure of the Sierra Madre

I love John Huston's films, and this is another one of my favourites. For one thing it is very well made, with wonderful cinematography and striking locations, and the story which is like a fable on greed and human despair as well as a fun search for gold in bandit-infested Mexico is very exciting. grin grin wink
[/size]
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by obinna5000(m): 10:48am On Aug 18, 2011
@MRbrownJAY
So, you get time watch "THE SMURFS" and "MR. POPPER'S PENGUINS".  grin Waste of time and bandwidth.  grin

@Ogaga4Luv
Yeah!! I loved "The Pursuit of Happyness" as well. Really inspirational.

"THE PRESTIGE" was cool as well.

@topic
AKIRA (1988)  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by semid4lyfe(m): 7:30pm On Aug 18, 2011
Just started on Rise of the  Planet of the Apes [2011]

My kinda movie cos it gets interesting from the very beginning wink

Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by vescucci(m): 10:29pm On Aug 18, 2011
obinna5000:

@vescucci
Have you seen "Synecdoche, New York" or "Primer"? cheesy

Nah. I've heard of them though. Hope to see them if possible.

I saw Buried. I liked it.

Saw a lotta Comic cartoons. They all have crazy long names. All good though. I just have to say I kinda hate Captain America and Thor. Forced heros.

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (97) (Reply)

Bbtitans: Ipeleng And Lukay Have Sex In The House (video) / Fztvseries Is Back! / BBNAIJA: Mercy Exposed Her Boobs & Nipples On TV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.