Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,167 members, 7,963,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 08:09 PM

Everyone Has Enemies - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Everyone Has Enemies (218 Views)

What We Should Do To Our Enemies As Christians.. / January 2018 Rccg Holy Ghost Service - Stronger Than Your Enemies (part 1) / God Almighty Olumba Olumba Obu Warns Enemies To Leave President Buhari Alone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Everyone Has Enemies by kpakpandoN(m): 7:38am On Dec 04, 2020
It is always funny to me when I meet people who think they do not have enemies. As long as you are alive, you have enemies. If you think because you have nothing for anyone to envy, you don’t have enemies, it means you have not yet read Proverbs 14:20 which says that the poor is hated by his own neighbor. If because you are rich and successful, you think that you have no enemies, you must be joking. Many years ago, one first-class chief invited me to his palace and he said “I don’t know why I have so many enemies; can you help me?” I responded “Your majesty, everybody wants to be number one.” Only a few people pray for the person who is in the number one position. Thank God because while the enemies are plotting at night, you have a God who never sleeps nor slumbers watching over you.

Even though you have enemies, I don’t want you to worry about them because your God is bigger than them all put together. In Psalm 23:5, David said:
“Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.”

God prepares your table not behind, but in the presence, of your enemies. The enemies were there, they were alive, but God paralyzed them. They could not come near David. This is because David knew how to use the most potent weapon against enemies – praises to God. The Bible says in Psalm 68:1:
“Let God arise, let His enemies be scattered: let them also that hate Him flee before Him.”

How do you make God arise? Through praise and worship. Psalm 22:3 says He inhabits the praises of His people. In other words, when one of His children is praising Him, He will get up to stay with the fellow. As He is rising, all the enemies of that fellow will scatter. That is why I don’t lead people in prayers to bind demons before every service. Instead, I say “Let somebody shout Halleluiah”. The moment God hears us shouting Hallelujah, He arises to come to our midst and all our enemies scatter. In 2nd Chronicles 20:21-22, when three great enemies came against Jehoshaphat, all he and his people had to do was to praise God and the enemies helped kill one another.
Written by Pastor E.A Adeboye.

1 Like

Re: Everyone Has Enemies by Dtruthspeaker: 10:16am On Dec 04, 2020
And the Biggest and Evilest Enemy is Inside You. It is him who causes you to say "wetin come push me wey I come do this this thing"- yes, that is him!
Re: Everyone Has Enemies by Kobojunkie: 4:42pm On Dec 04, 2020
Proverbs 14:20 which says that the poor is hated by his own neighbor.

That a person chooses to hate you does not mean you hate said person as well. It is possible to live without having enemies... Ask yourself, what it truly means to see another as your enemy and you are well on your way to living a life where the opinion of those who hate you don't matter in the grand scheme of things.

(1) (Reply)

Everything Pastor David Ibiyeomie Said At Shiloh 2020 (day 3) / Father Mbaka's Men Accused Of Assaulting BBC Team Over 'Negative Report' / 6 Ways To Read Your Bible And Have A Deeper Understanding [revealed]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.