Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,865 members, 7,959,721 topics. Date: Friday, 27 September 2024 at 05:00 AM

I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over (42164 Views)

What My Wife Did Yesterday That Made Me Realize She's Special / Where Do They Report Sexual Abuse Or Molestation? I Am Angry / Rock Python In My WC! Can You Imagine What My Wife Did To Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by Happy2020: 3:46am On Dec 25, 2020
Your wife has zero respect for you. If you put up with it, it’s on you.

1 Like

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by samx4real(m): 4:24am On Dec 25, 2020
RedPanthar:
Continue deceiving yourself. You can deceive gullible people but not me.

You're the breed of men that are so overly possessive you don't want your wife to be around anyone of influence especially her family besides you.

YOU COVERTLY HATE YOUR WIVE'S FAMILY AND SADLY YOU'RE NOT DISCREET ENOUGH TO HIDE THE DUSGUST. YOU CAN'T STAND THEM TO TOLERATE THEM LET ALONE TO EMBRACE THEM AS YOUR OWN.

I PRAY YOU KNOW THE FUTURE AND CAN SEE IF YOUR KIDS WILL NEVER NEED THEIR HELP FOREVER THAT WAY I CAN ASSURE YOU TO CONTINUE WITH YOUR ANTICS. UNTIL THEN, TRED SOFTLY.

There are a specie of men that hate it when a woman's family or friends is around her. And use all sorts of antics to act victimised.

Only God will deliver you from you and teach you different ways of doing things. Your children would grow up too and become adults, should brothers not visit sisters and vice versa. When it's time to shine with opportunity some men act coy.

7k will enough rice and small meat to entertain your guests for the short duration they will be around.

Be Christ-like, Christ-mas is about sharing not only about eating rice.

Stop deceiving people in the time being. You know it's hatred you have for her being around her family and not about money

Should anything happen to you tomorrow, those are the ones that would stand for her, your kids and even you. And it's how you draw them close with what you have now that will make them endear to you should the chips fall down on your end however plenty your tiny peanuts maybe as of the moment.

You will know them ladies. They are the kinds that assume thier wives fell from heaven. Once they get married to them they don't want their wives to be around anybody, friends or family.

There's also female versions. These women marry them give them the entire world. They will never be with you or love you atall and will only stick around cause of favors they get in the marriage. They won't give happiness and after a few years leave you down the line.

It's a personality-complex. Open your eyes to find these kinds out to do the needful.

Shut up for you just spewed rubbish.

1 Like

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by samx4real(m): 4:27am On Dec 25, 2020
RedPanthar:

You're the breed of men that are so overly possessive you don't want your wife to be around anyone of influence especially her family besides you.

YOU COVERTLY HATE YOUR WIVE'S FAMILY AND SADLY YOU'RE NOT DISCREET ENOUGH TO HIDE THE DUSGUST. YOU CAN'T STAND THEM TO TOLERATE THEM LET ALONE TO EMBRACE THEM AS YOUR OWN.

I PRAY YOU KNOW THE FUTURE AND CAN SEE IF YOUR KIDS WILL NEVER NEED THEIR HELP FOREVER THAT WAY I CAN ASSURE YOU TO CONTINUE WITH YOUR ANTICS. UNTIL THEN, TRED SOFTLY.

There are a specie of men that hate it when a woman's family or friends is around her. And use all sorts of antics to act victimised.

Only God will deliver you from you and teach you different ways of doing things. Your children would grow up too and become adults, should brothers not visit sisters and vice versa. When it's time to shine with opportunity some men act coy.

7k will enough rice and small meat to entertain your guests for the short duration they will be around.

Stop deceiving people in the time being. You know it's hatred you have for her being around her family and not about money

Should anything happen to you tomorrow, those are the ones that would stand for her, your kids and even you. And it's how you draw them close with what you have now that will make them endear to you should the chips fall down on your end however plenty your tiny peanuts maybe as of the moment.

You will know them ladies. They are the kinds that assume thier wives fell from heaven. Once they get married to them they don't want their wives to be around anybody, friends or family.

There's also female versions. These women marry them give them the entire world. They will never be with you or love you atall and will only stick around cause of favors they get in the marriage. They won't give happiness and after a few years leave you down the line.

It's a personality-complex. Open your eyes to find these kinds out to do the needful.

Shut up for you just spewed rubbish.

Is there anything wrong if you request for the OP's account number and supporting him with 10k or 20k?

1 Like

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by ubola: 5:06am On Dec 25, 2020
So sorry op,most struggling families in Africa see marriage to their females as Poverty Alleviation Program. I would advise you to take your wife out to a sit-out and talk to her. Let her know that you are in debt of the 30k you borrowed to settle her mother. she will always have sympathy for her siblings though, but try to manage the situation with utmost care in order not to have a broken home. Beg her not to involve her parents as both of you can handle it. Let your wife see reason why two of them should leave after today celebration, use sleeping space as an excuse. Just use your head, be diplomatic.

1 Like

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by vickydevoka(m): 5:39am On Dec 25, 2020
atilla:
Brotherly. Try and see your wife's brothers and sisters as your own. I know u def will treat your own harsher e.g if you come home and meet your brothers and sisters at your house without telling you, you probably would send them back home or wake your sleeping brother with a knock.
But don't say anything when the food finishes then let everyone go hungry and they will know not to come next year. Just as long as your baby is okay let everyone else enjoy the decision they took without you.
What do you do for a living. Maybe you can take the 20 year old with you for a day in your office so they understand that you work for your money and its not easy. Just try and be gentle cause your wife will understand later but for now she won't understand and will get emotional about it. Another thing talk to the dad yourself he should understand
How would de wife react if it were his

1 Like

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by vickydevoka(m): 5:42am On Dec 25, 2020
OB7Foreva:
Op is your wife the first child?
Worst thing to do for love, marrying a first born especially a female one

2 Likes

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by romenna: 5:50am On Dec 25, 2020
Why did you marry a jobless lady?
They have no money making or management knowledge.
Their own na to spend spend spend

1 Like

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by DCatt: 6:23am On Dec 25, 2020
That your wife doesn't care about you. You just don't put pressure on the one you love the way she is doing to you. She knows you have no money and still allowed her siblings to come without telling you. No decision should be made in your house without your consent especially when you are the one paying all the bills. All of them will now sleep in your living room while you are confined to your bedroom like a prisoner throughout their stay. This is not about poverty, your wife is wicked. You are either going to steal to please her or you will suffer a heartbreak when she goes with another man.

You need to go back to your friends and burrow some money for them to go back to where they live. Don't let them stay.
Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by authority2006(m): 6:26am On Dec 25, 2020
merits:

Kill her na must you carry everything come to nairaland to judge for you.mumu man.

No, he should rather keep quiet and die in silence. Na your type would rather die in silence or make silly mistake instead of seeking help. Mumu too dey give advice.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by Tenshades(m): 6:36am On Dec 25, 2020
DMerciful:
Are you sure your brain is not upside down?

You must be mad...

To hell with you for that statement.

Na your people brain dey upside down.

Must I share the same view with such slowpoke like you?

Incompetent boys trying to be men.

Mumu boy...na your type need 2 by 2 for head.

Arrant nonsense!

1 Like

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by investordj: 7:16am On Dec 25, 2020
The ability to talk/argue does not make you intelligent. You are just being insensitive .
RedPanthar:

Small rice moni won't aggravate debts. Those are distractions to attract pity.

Trust me.

1 Like

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by Nato008(m): 7:17am On Dec 25, 2020
Klass99:

Nato, first of all I am a girl and no I did not miss that part where he said only one person was supposed to visit.

Let us reason this matter together, father in laws knows the following;

1. His last child already lives with OP which means that child is no longer father in law's responsibility, abi?

2. His wife returned from omugwo not long ago and we all know what that entails. You don't allow the mother to return empty handed.

3. OP has spent heavily already and is not doing so well financially (father in law said so himself)

4. OP lives in a one room self con.

So, please why would he even think of still sending one child to spend 5 days there if he knows all these?

Upon hearing all the children were there what stopped him from directing that they should return home immediately? And even providing the funds for them to do so.

I repeat what I said o, this people know what they're doing and his father in law is not a thoughtful and considerate person either. All na scam.
first my apologies for assuming u were a male, people hide there gender here a lot for reasons best known to them...to the issues at hand I would say u succeed in making ur points shine bright like a diamond making countering it a futile effort but not to be bested by u I'll add that the OP and the wife need to sit down and talk..draw some lines to avoid sending someone's son to the great beyond.. happy Xmas jaree

1 Like

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by Neoteny(m): 7:44am On Dec 25, 2020
RedPanthar:

You sound like you're related to the miscreant wife.

Or are you a grifter too?

2 Likes

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by DukeJoe17: 8:20am On Dec 25, 2020
DMerciful post=9740 grin[hr:
078]Sincerely, I'll send them back. I cannot accommodate 4 additional persons at the same time in a room and parlor self contain
You'll be seen as a bad man, just allow them to feel the scourge including your wife grin grin
Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by frozen70(f): 8:23am On Dec 25, 2020
T817:
I returned home from my shop only to find my wife 4 siblings in my house I wasn’t happy because she didn’t informed me they were coming over and in this economy when the country is hard why would they come all four of them at the same time.

My mother in law came for omugwo she stayed for 5 weeks, she left 3 weeks ago I had given my wife 30k the money I borrowed from a good friend of mine to get her some few things to take home, then 3 weeks after, her 4 siblings are here too, they are 6. The last born who is 10 have been staying with us for 2 years now. I take care of her, my wife doesn’t work and I am only managing I don’t know why her people want to
drain me.

Can you imagine as soon as I entered the house, her sisters were asking me about their Christmas gifts, "brother where is our gift?" As if I am their ATM. I just ignored them because I was already angry seeing them in my house without my permission but keeping calm was the best thing to do.

What shocked me was the fact her brother was comfortably sleeping in my bed next to my 2 months old baby. My wife didn’t see it as anything bad she said he is her brother and wouldn’t harm his own niece but my point was not about him doing something wrong with her but the fact that he doesn’t have any respect for my bed that what really got me angry which led to my wife and I to quarrell not in their presence but in our room but since it’s only parlour and room self con I believe they must have heard everything but I don’t care.

My Wife thinks I am overreacting and I don’t like her siblings and she said she will tell her parents everything I said to her in anger which I didn’t meant to but nobody in my position will be happy if he happened to be in my shoe. How do I handle this problem with my wife without causing any further problems between us and her parents because I don’t have money to feed 4 more mouths for 2 weeks because they are not leaving any time soon not until the 3rd or 4th of January and before her siblings came she complained about her Christmas clothes and hair. I told her I will only do Christmas for the kids because I don’t have money she frowned her face and started giving me attitudes and on top of that she has invited her 4 siblings when I don’t have a kobo to feed all of them.

Even the food we have in the house won’t even last until January because I bought enough for 5 people but now with 9 of us it won’t last and her siblings are expecting me to do Christmas for them too , I don’t blame them because they are small children 20,18,15,12 who thinks that I have a skeleton in my cupboard where I get free money lol.

What should I do right now ? I am not happy Your advice is needed please

My dear, don't allow her attitude bring out the other side of you

Let her go ahead and tell her family anything she wants to tell them, it's either they call you to defend it or they keep it to themselves

What ever you have for feeding Wether it will be enough or not just drop it for them

The way and manners she is going to handle it is not your business

Remember you are the one to give them transportation fare back home so start saving too towards that

It takes madness to correct nonsense

When they go seat her down and let her know that when next she invites her siblings in groups without minding if there welfare will be guaranteed, that day you will set rules for that

Ignore her attitude and keep moving, you will notice her attitude if you want her to flaunt it on you

From next near, let her go get a teaching job it's the simpliest job to get now even if it's for nursery class

Let her start working and start feeling the pains of running a home as her contributions can be enough to cook stew, soup while you buy garri and rice

1 Like

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by IYANGBALI: 8:27am On Dec 25, 2020
Begin fare your wife and her family members o, na so dem dey take start. No be me go tell you sey your life no longer dey safe in your house
Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by BabylonCruise(m): 8:58am On Dec 25, 2020
Microwhy:

The first thought that came to my mind was maybe he is the 20yo wife sibling because the comment sound as if he knows the OP personally.
Exactly

1 Like

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by Amb1045(m): 9:07am On Dec 25, 2020
RedPanthar:

what are you even saying. he don't deserve his privacy or what. lol what's really your problem with the way people choose to live. if na me them go, go first until they tell they're coming. you think it's easy to make money and feed your family come be external and unplanned visitors

1 Like

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by MummyD2020(f): 9:16am On Dec 25, 2020
phorget:

See as you take compose full statement yet you didn't bother to ask for the OP's account number so you can transfer small change in solidarity to your the epistle you wrote up there.

Nice
Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by MummyD2020(f): 9:29am On Dec 25, 2020
rill:
Why would a responsible parent even allow that number of children to stay with there married daughter. Every parent should know the financial capacity of their in-law, and not throw unnecessary burden on them. The parents share a blame here.

That's where giving birth to the number of kids one can adequately and comfortably take care of comes in. Just dey born like dog
Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by Dreyton36: 9:31am On Dec 25, 2020
RedPanthar:

Who's this one again without a good sense of reasoning
Didn't you see where he typed that they've got a lil child who's been living with them over two years?

What makes you think that 7k you mentioned is enough money to buy food in this country where food prices are something else

Bringing anybody into his house in the first place without his permission is disrespectful , I don't see a woman who's got respect for her husband bringing in any of her family member without the man's consent

He doesn't work in an oil company but just a shop owner who's struggling to make ends meet

Change you way of reasoning cuz it won't lead you no where

Now here's my question,. How would you react when your own woman does the same, what you can't take you'll expect others to take it,idiot.

1 Like

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by Dreyton36: 9:38am On Dec 25, 2020
A woman who's got understanding and got respect for me won't dare do such a thing
An ordinary shop owner and not an oil worker

A room and parlour for that matter , that's shit

If you've been condoning such bullshit then put an end to it
Can't the family at least call u to inform you of their visit?
At least that will give u a lil time to hustle and plan well
They might not even leave that January cuz January is not any broke nigga's mate at all

Guy here's what to do , leave home and go spend some time at ur friend's place , drop about 10k with ur wife and tell her you'll be back in two days for an urgent supply

Put off your phone for days , when she starts catering for 9 people that's how she'll know the wrong she's done cuz most Nigerian woman will never wanna listen to you when you explain things to them but'll rather turn u to a bad person
Let them experience it , that's better
Nor use problem kill urself

You can't help everybody , you are not EL_SHADDAI
and if you try to do more than yourself you SHALL DIE

LIGHTS UP MY KPOLI IN PEACE

1 Like

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by ImaIma1(f): 9:50am On Dec 25, 2020
RedPanthar:

The wife was wrong on all levels...bringing her siblings to stay without informing her husband, knowing the financial situation and bringing 4 extra mouths to stay, allowing a third party sleep in their matrimonial bed.

It seems she didn't attend marriage counselling. She has a lot to learn about marriage.

1 Like

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by Nobody: 10:36am On Dec 25, 2020
ubola:
So sorry op,most struggling families in Africa see marriage to their females as Poverty Alleviation Program. I would advise you to take your wife out to a sit-out and talk to her. Let her know that you are in debt of the 30k you borrowed to settle her mother. she will always have sympathy for her siblings though, but try to manage the situation with utmost care in order not to have a broken home. Beg her not to involve her parents as both of you can handle it. Let your wife see reason why two of them should leave after today celebration, use sleeping space as an excuse. Just use your head, be diplomatic.

The best advice so far, I personally learn from it.
Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by Nobody: 10:55am On Dec 25, 2020
Didn't she knew ur financial prowess or have u been spending on your family without supporting hers a little?

the family at least should have call to inform you of their visitt that would have given u a lil time to plan well. Personally i don't like people visiting without prior notice expect is an emergency.

Your parents in-law are also inconsiderate cos your mother inlaw no doubt must have seen that you are struggling yet she she allowed all her children to visit because u gave her gifts and her children must collect theirs too.

Feeding oneself is not easy how much so for 9 mouth.

Just apply wisdom to avoid a broken home, they are also ur family but don't over stretch yourself.

Also try and open a little business or Job for your wife.

1 Like

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by merits(m): 11:00am On Dec 25, 2020
authority2006:

No, he should rather keep quiet and die in silence. Na your type would rather die in silence or make silly mistake instead of seeking help. Mumu too dey give advice.
Ode you be.see bird of the same feather,so na people like you can't reason on yourself until you call on social media kids to come and settle your matrimonial home.i don't blame you na people like normally break last last fool.
Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by merits(m): 11:31am On Dec 25, 2020
authority2006:

No need to even talk to you cuz I can see that your medulla oblongata is very weak to reason for you.you must support it with others ewuuuuu.
Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by EdmundDantes(m): 11:39am On Dec 25, 2020
DukeJoe17:

Niggar avoid that plague of a guy, he must be a doormat in whatsoever situationship he is right now,
Right from the paragraph he said that the op can solve the impending hardship with 7k that I knew that he is a minor and still feeding fat on his custodians,
He is trying to impress girls hence his senseless assertion.

Chai... see finishing.
Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by EdmundDantes(m): 11:49am On Dec 25, 2020
saintneo:

Don't say anything, don't react to anything, just chill.

When the food for 5 people is consumed earlier than usual just watch your wife's reaction. If she is wise enough, she will ask her sibs to not flood your house next time.

Just treat this as a learning curve, marriage na school.

By the way, if it were one of the sisters sleeping on your bed, will you be angry? I think you were just biased because it was her brother.

May God give you wisdom and resources to head your home.

Merry Christmas

Good advice but the highlighted spoilt it.
Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by Scout60(m): 11:50am On Dec 25, 2020
RedPanthar:

Keep deceiving yourself.

It's ladies who cross paths with such men I pity.

Perhaps u jump from the point that the man said they live in one room and parlour

1 Like

Re: I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over by EdmundDantes(m): 11:52am On Dec 25, 2020
SmellingAnus:
Please accept my condolences grin

Please, are you Prosper in My Flatmates? grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

The Stigmatisation Of Unmarried/single Working Adult Nigerians / Please Save A Sister's Life.... Story Verified / Rude Awakening: I Am Not My Husband's Next Of Kin And Beneficiary!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.