Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,224 members, 7,936,771 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 10:39 PM

Is The Average Nigerian Fraudulent? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is The Average Nigerian Fraudulent? (9416 Views)

Poll: The average Nigerian is fraudulent. yes or no?

Yes: 53% (54 votes)
No: 46% (47 votes)
This poll has ended

The Average Nigerian Will Make 18% Less In 2015 / 'NUC Declares Aisha Buhari’s Certificate Fraudulent' - Nigeriantimes.ng / Transport Cost Of The Average Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The Average Nigerian Fraudulent? by denex: 10:07pm On Jul 12, 2007
The neo-colonialist superiority complex of the Jandon is in lay person language, the more recent belief that once you have become a HOUSE NIGGA in your "master's" home country, that makes you better or more improved than the FIELD NIGGAS who remain in Africa.

That is what I summarise as the neo-colonialist superiority complex.
Re: Is The Average Nigerian Fraudulent? by gbadex1(m): 10:25pm On Jul 12, 2007
Ok, I am pissed off right now so i'm going to come  raw off the head. . . .

I can't believe the piece of shit i've been reading on this thread. I'm not usually one to attack personalities (except that racist slowpoke Horus, of course) but you bet i'm gonna have a slugfest.

People like queen-b and those that agree with her are irredeemable idiots, IQ -defiecient fcuks who are self-righteous ignoramuses who don't know jack about the Average Nigerian.

I know your types, like Aproko rightly put it, you mofos sit in your comfort zones abroad, watch CNN and then proceed to declare "the average Nigerian is fraudulent". What the Bleep do you know about the average Nigerian??!! You S.O.B's sit your bitchasses down abroad, you don't go through the struggle, through the hell the average Nigerian goes through daily just to get that bread, to eat a fuckin' day is almost likened to a do or die affair, the average Nigerians passes through Hades and back just to put food on the table, not forgetting the harsh economic conditions, increase in price of goods and shit, daily harrassment from them AK and whatnot- and then you fcuks dare open your pie-holes to say "the average Nigerian is fraudulent" when you haven't lived what the average Nigerian lives through.  

Pathetic sluts. . .
Re: Is The Average Nigerian Fraudulent? by denex: 10:35pm On Jul 12, 2007
@gbade.x

I dey vex O! But you dey vex my vex times 20. Which way?

I've told them that this modern self colonization effort in which the one who has gone to see the Queen is better that the one that hasn't is not ameliorating our problems.
Re: Is The Average Nigerian Fraudulent? by 9ja4eva: 10:47pm On Jul 12, 2007
no
Re: Is The Average Nigerian Fraudulent? by gbadex1(m): 10:53pm On Jul 12, 2007
@ denex:

i believe this thread was the height of it. It seems nigerians abroad think because they live/study/work abroad they are righteous saints with their blood not tainted with that of "the fraudulent average Nigerian" and that gives them the moral justification to point fingers and make statements like "the average Nigerian is fraudulent" when most of them of them haven't even been to Naija in the past 5 years, don't even know how the average Nigerian lives, but watch CNN errday, hear stories they want to hear and pass judgement like the self-righteous fcuks they are. Hell, they paint worse images than the foreign media.

When the struggle goes on, they are no where to be found claimin' not to come back, but when things get better and start to stabilize, they would be among the first people to board flights to Naija. . .
Re: Is The Average Nigerian Fraudulent? by Qc1(m): 11:05pm On Jul 12, 2007
Nigeria have a population of 130 millions+ .  According to CNN report 93,000 lives in Hoston thereafter making making 2% of the population of the city. In the state penitentiary Nigeria again represent 2 % of total inmate. For fraud charges Nigeria is whopping 23%(CNN report) does that makesaverage Nigerians a fraud?

Assuming there are 1 million Naija living in North America, and they are all fraudulent that is not yest 1% of total p[population of Nigerians. Again I will use CNN report which indicated that 3/4th of Nigerians in the USA are highly educated, what is the statistic of those intergrated into work force of this volume? CNN report do confirmed there are Doctors, lawyers, engineers, accountant, etc. they even show a couple that are both doctors and practicing in Houston henceforth validating the credibility of most Nigerians fraudulent activities.

CNN and their BBC counterpart went on with the "Nigeria are fraudulent" campain without realizing their mistake. Is it fair for a rapist to call a victim wicked? Since our forefathers were enslave 400+ years ago to build the west economy, what did they (the west) do about it up to now?

Is the average Colombians are drug lord?

is the average Muslims are terrorist?

Is the average Americans are liars?

Is the average British are racist?

Is the average Pakistanis are Jihadist?

Those are just the media propaganda ! a nonsense !!! How many people in the west knows about Malawi before the media report about Madonna's child adopotion? How many in the west knows about Namibia before Angelina Jolie and brat Pitt's Daugherty? How many in the west ever have second opinion wrongful accusation of  saddam's WMD's?

When USA spent $250BillionUSD in the first 6 month in Iraq to kill hundred of thousands of innocent citizen in Iraq, where was CNN report? when they did the same in Afghanistan where was CNN report?

Right now, as of last week, USA house of rep. are saying OPEC of which Nigeria is a major player is illegal . Where is the CNN report for Boeing 787 and airbus A380 monopoly with other American merchandise monopoly ?

Nigeria is a country that evenly divided by dedicated Muslims ans Christians. The last time I checked, there is sharia law in the Northern Nigeria, showing their dedication to Islam, are they average fraudulent too?

I read the comments of others naija here saying yes. Are your mother, father, sister, brother, uncle, aunt, cousins, niece, nephew , grandparents are average fraudulent
Re: Is The Average Nigerian Fraudulent? by 9ja4eva: 12:06am On Jul 13, 2007
My guy i tire oh

Like say 9jeria na d only Country wey wayo dey happen.What wld Citizens of Baghdad say?
Re: Is The Average Nigerian Fraudulent? by Caradona(f): 12:26am On Jul 13, 2007
@ TOPIC

I've got the feeling you were starved of Oxygen at birth and you're suffering from personality envy tongue

If average Nigerian is fraudulent, it means that you were stolen at birth and your dad is not your dad tongue
Re: Is The Average Nigerian Fraudulent? by 9ja4eva: 12:27am On Jul 13, 2007
lmao

u funny
Re: Is The Average Nigerian Fraudulent? by samsilo(m): 12:30am On Jul 13, 2007
Fraud is a strong word that makes many of us go on the defensive because it brings to mind419,yahoo boys etc.
If you look at this definition quoted  below and are honest you will find most people you know do theses things.

fraud      /frɔd/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[frawd] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun 1. deceit, trickery, sharp practice, or breach of confidence, perpetrated for profit or to gain some unfair or dishonest advantage.   2. a particular instance of such deceit or trickery: mail fraud; election frauds.  
3. any deception, trickery, or humbug: That diet book is a fraud and a waste of time.  
4. a person who makes deceitful pretenses; sham; poseur.  

It is not limited to Nigerians but lets be honest,how much do you need to push an average Nigerian before he starts falsifying his date of birth,state of origin etc compared to people of other Nationalities
Re: Is The Average Nigerian Fraudulent? by MILITIA(f): 2:50am On Jul 13, 2007
SCOREBOARD!

Yays! cheesy
queen-b                         
Eiregirl                             
N-joy
Angelheart
Smile4kenn
Jaymobb
Seun001
Long one
Amaikama
Pek
PapaBrown
Bluestream
redsun
RichyBlack
2dye4
Hucarson
Samsilo
Jackal
Fabulosboy
Babyosisi
teemie
MILITIA --that is why the "whole" of Nigeria is a "fraud"!

Nays!  embarassed
denex
gbade.X(counts for 10 individuals due to the level of "passion"wink shocked
Caradona
Uchetobi
angel101
desgiezd
Swing4real
Oboatioko
oIo
Aproko
Forfavour
Mckren
Vigasimple
tiiaaa
blufeather
Thoniaslim
Waxxy

Undecideds! STOP BEATING ABOUT THE BUSH!
Warfarian-LONG TIN
Tats----okayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?
Qc-1 (which one you dey sef?) 2 much stats/analysis! Too many unanswered ?s!
Segs4va-- Just observing abi?
Crazykid----which way you dey go?
Pololo----LONG TIN!
Cyl----we are asking for the average Nigerian not all Nigerians!
Oludunamis--Please straight answers ONLY "average" Nigerian not  most.
MAMAJAMA---ultimate politics?---------WAYO!
budx------- your wetin your own version mean?
Gbeborun

Offtopics---------UNA NO KNOW BOOK!  Please answer the question! angry
FLT123
Slycks
tboy-1
Romeo
Seun
Emirategun
otokx
9ja4eva---- my love! cry stop sitting on the fence as you do in most matters including our love!
Jaymobb

Please this is my own interpretation of this topic.  Feel free to create your own! wink  Subject to revision as I see fit!  tongue
Re: Is The Average Nigerian Fraudulent? by Forfavour(m): 5:03am On Jul 13, 2007
Absolutely No. The fact remains that Nigerians are talented & natural gifted.

Because fewer Nigerian (& fake Nigerian) not up to 1000 have messed the image of this great nation abroad. All this shout are just western propaganda, they are guilty of this evil than us (internet hypes) and operate on higher level of fraud. many nigerians are doing wonderfully well abroad, western media will not spread that.

They see nothing good about Nigeria & other black nations but rather celebrate every unfortunate incidents. Not even the inauguration our president worth mentioning in CNN.

Average Nigerian are NOT fraudulent. I am not fraudulent at least
Re: Is The Average Nigerian Fraudulent? by seun001(m): 7:38am On Jul 13, 2007
am laffing my head off rite now.as for me,i am not fraudulent and never will be.
let me ask some questions,
why will a conductor multiply transport fares because its rush hour?
why will fuel stations increase/hoard petrol because theres a rumour that the government wants to increase pump price?
why would a sales man rip u off just because you have no idea about the price of a product?
why is all government contracts inflated?
how come a mechanic will always make sure he does something to your car to make you come back for repairs?
how come the phone companies never return your credit even when its obvious u been wrongly charged?
how many nigerians have had to forge their age of personal infomation to suit a specific objective?

all this and more are day to day activities that happen very often in nigeria and u people are saying the average nigerian is not fraudulent.if u try to take un-necessary advantage of anoda person just because he/she isnt well informed then u are fraudulent.and am sure this will apply to the saintly of us all.
Re: Is The Average Nigerian Fraudulent? by amaikama(m): 8:42am On Jul 13, 2007
I strongly disagree with that but if you give them the avenue they will surely take it.

seun001. i agree with you but such things happens in all society, not only Nigeria. In Nigeria context circumstances made them to do what they are not suppose to do. few, i can't say all Nigerians have conscience and they are willing to be checked.

If we should take an ethnic survey in Nigeria, i tell you, some ethnic will be found wanting in this area. That's where individuality comes in when we are referring to Fraudulent activities.
Re: Is The Average Nigerian Fraudulent? by pek(m): 9:56am On Jul 13, 2007
if the was to be a prize for the most corrup nation, it would go nigeria and nigerians steo out of this country and you see how nigerians are treated simplly because they are from nigeria. we so corrupt and dishonest because we want to get rich at all costs.
Re: Is The Average Nigerian Fraudulent? by angel101(f): 10:33am On Jul 13, 2007
@babyosisi
U said it all my sister. U said it all!

for those who think the average nigerian is fradulent, what are u doing about it?
Re: Is The Average Nigerian Fraudulent? by cyl(f): 10:44am On Jul 13, 2007
Personally,i do not subscribe to the notion that all Nigerians are fraudulent.Fraud thrives in every part of the world, or how else will you  describe the case of Bill Clinton &Monica Lewinsky?i have seen very decent people come out of my great country and by the grace of God,i am one of them(dont know about you).
We have the Good,the Bad and the Ugly just like every society,problem is,we allow the west control both our lives and our beliefs.
We need to be free of this notion,work towards making ourselves better,then the family and by extension,Our Country.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: Is The Average Nigerian Fraudulent? by denex: 10:46am On Jul 13, 2007
So according to the statistics, out of 3 non-fraudulent Nigerians, Forfavour and seun001 have clinched 2 slots. So there is only one more non-fraudulent Nigerian on this thread. Who could it be?

This is your finally opportunity to clinch the last spot. So hurry! Who is the last remaining non-fraudulent Nigerian on this thread? You could it be?!

E FIT BE YOU O!
Re: Is The Average Nigerian Fraudulent? by samsilo(m): 10:51am On Jul 13, 2007
@MILITIA
I am not beating about the bush,I am Nigerian and addressing fellow Nigerians. My points in simple English.
   1. Do not get too defensive or abuse people because you are sensitive to the word fraud being used here .

2. Look at the definition of fraud as I quoted.

3.Fraud is perpertrated world wide but most Nigerians have a very low threshold for being dishonest( if you deny this you are being dishonest and a hypocrite)
Re: Is The Average Nigerian Fraudulent? by gbadex1(m): 11:06am On Jul 13, 2007
@ angel101:

please help me tell these dumb fcuks. As usual, they and their ilk would start bitching and the usual "Nigeria is bad, nothing good will ever come out of Nigeria" sermon starts. . .
Re: Is The Average Nigerian Fraudulent? by MILITIA(f): 11:08am On Jul 13, 2007
Please some of us will like a simple yes or no first before we get into the logistics of your arguments and reasoning!  Some of us with attention span of 0.01 sec will like you to simplify your stance instead of going through the "grin-Route" ----- i.e. the[b]"debosky"[/b] or "denex" route!  Big Big Grammar! grin
Re: Is The Average Nigerian Fraudulent? by MILITIA(f): 11:18am On Jul 13, 2007
cyl:

Personally,i do not subscribe to the notion that all Nigerians are fraudulent.Fraud thrives in every part of the world, or how else will you  describe the case of Bill Clinton &Monica Lewinsky?i have seen very decent people come out of my great country and by the grace of God,i am one of them(don't know about you).
We have the Good,the Bad and the Ugly just like every society,problem is,we allow the west control both our lives and our beliefs.
We need to be free of this notion,work towards making ourselves better,then the family and by extension,Our Country.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

samsilo:

@MILITIA
I am not beating about the bush,I am Nigerian and addressing fellow Nigerians. My points in simple English.
    1. Do not get too defensive or abuse people because you are sensitive to the word fraud being used here .

2. Look at the definition of fraud as I quoted.

3.Fraud is perpertrated world wide but most Nigerians have a very low threshold for being dishonest( if you deny this you are being dishonest and a hypocrite)
[/quote
]

Who is getting defensive?  I say you refused to answer the question!

@cyl and Samsilo
The question pertains to the "AVERAGE NIGERIAN OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" Not most Nigerians! shocked  Please stay the course of the topic at hand and stop taking us to the bush!
Re: Is The Average Nigerian Fraudulent? by denex: 11:19am On Jul 13, 2007
Who is going to take the final slot to be the last non-fraudulent Nigerian remaining on this thread. Do we see a winner?

There's just one position left. Who will join seun001 and Forfavour to be the only three non-fraudulent Nigerians on this thread.

E FIT BE YOU O!

Hurry! Get you tickets now. Offer lasts till the slot is filled. Remember there's only one left. Are You The One?
Re: Is The Average Nigerian Fraudulent? by oludunamis(m): 11:20am On Jul 13, 2007
@ALL

I agree with demex and gbade. Not an average Nigerian is fraudulent. Yes things need to improve but I hope you all know that the western economy thrives on big time fraud? Exxonmobil is biggets coy in the world, are they engaged in fraudulent activities in naija or not? same goes for flipping shell total etc, they suck, they are hypocritical and would do anything to sustain their economy

I live abroad, but will like to remind my fellow abroaders that international coy from the west will only thrive in chaotic economies, where else will those oil coy make retun on 5Billion dollar invest ment in 2-3yrs, if not unstable economies
anyway we can do better though
Re: Is The Average Nigerian Fraudulent? by pololo(m): 11:24am On Jul 13, 2007
This forum baffles me, it can be very irritating at times, we mock ourselves in the eyes of the world , we have failled to realised that the world reads this postings and believe me we are always quoted, i am a nigerian /British guy and have friends from all over the world, believe me its normal for any society to have criminals amongst them but the uniqueness of nigerians is the fact that we are loud and arrogant about it and seems to think its cool, one nigerian fraudstar is equals to 100 english fraudstars , simply by the noise they make, even when caught a nigerian will still stand and say WHEN THEN, NA ONLY ME , pls country ppl rather than be proud of it , lets all realise that criminal mindedness is not a national or genetic thing, nor is it unique to Nigerians alone.
They say even when we are weeping , we can still see (nigerian Proverb).
Re: Is The Average Nigerian Fraudulent? by angel101(f): 11:25am On Jul 13, 2007
oludunamis:

@ALL

where else will those oil coy make retun on 5Billion dollar invest ment in 2-3yrs, if not unstable economies

Thank u my brother. To be able to attain this feat, wont they depend on sharp practices? Isnt this automatic bumper profit fraud? But Nigerians will clap for them.
I beg the average Nigerian is not fraudulent. Negative news/gist always gets more publicity.
Re: Is The Average Nigerian Fraudulent? by angel101(f): 11:26am On Jul 13, 2007
Lets not forget also that a lot of other nationals claim to be nigerians cos its easy to do so.
Re: Is The Average Nigerian Fraudulent? by MILITIA(f): 11:30am On Jul 13, 2007
pololo:

This forum baffles me, it can be very irritating at times, we mock ourselves in the eyes of the world , we have failled to realised that the world reads this postings and believe me we are always quoted, i am a nigerian /British guy and have friends from all over the world, believe me its normal for any society to have criminals amongst them but the uniqueness of nigerians is the fact that we are loud and arrogant about it and seems to think its cool, one nigerian fraudstar is equals to 100 english fraudstars , simply by the noise they make, even when caught a nigerian will still stand and say WHEN THEN, NA ONLY ME , please country people rather than be proud of it , lets all realise that criminal mindedness is not a national or genetic thing, nor is it unique to Nigerians alone.
They say even when we are weeping , we can still see (nigerian Proverb).

Yes or no?--------------------- cool

oludunamis:

@ALL

I agree with demex and gbade. Not an average Nigerian is fraudulent. Yes things need to improve but I hope you all know that the western economy thrives on big time fraud? Exxonmobil is biggets coy in the world, are they engaged in fraudulent activities in naija or not? same goes for flipping shell total etc, they suck, they are hypocritical and would do anything to sustain their economy

I live abroad, but will like to remind my fellow abroaders that international coy from the west will only thrive in chaotic economies, where else will those oil coy make retun on 5Billion dollar invest ment in 2-3yrs, if not unstable economies
anyway we can do better though

Thanks for answering the question-- as for the argument used to substantiante-----------errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr So this makes "fraud" okay I guess since it is not perculiar to the average or most Nigerians?  Please clarify!
Re: Is The Average Nigerian Fraudulent? by Caradona(f): 11:41am On Jul 13, 2007
@ TOPIC tongue

If you're the Victim of fraud, it means you're fraudulent and Criminally Minded. tongue
I'm sure if you've made the Millions, you won't be telling the Whole world you made the money fraudulently tongue
Re: Is The Average Nigerian Fraudulent? by angel101(f): 11:43am On Jul 13, 2007
Thank u my sister. most victims of fraud were actually greedy
Re: Is The Average Nigerian Fraudulent? by MILITIA(f): 11:51am On Jul 13, 2007
Caradona:

@ TOPIC tongue

If you're the Victim of fraud, it means you're fraudulent and Criminally Minded. tongue
I'm sure if you've made the Millions, you won't be telling the Whole world you made the money fraudulently tongue

angel101:

Thank u my sister. most victims of fraud were actually greedy

Not necessarily!  It depends on if you are "frauded" by a Nigerian! grin  Then you are actually greedy and deserve the best of the insult to your intelligence!   How a mugu for Nigeria----when never ever see chalk and slate go fraud person biko nu? I cannot imagine that!  It means it was hypnotics or just sheer "karma" that worked.  With all the bad English in those 419 letters and the way most of those yahoo dudes and babes sound on the phone, I cannot imagine how any one will fall for such a "bull"!

On the other hand if you are an "identity" theft victim, you do not have to be greedy.  Your mails can be picked and your computer hacked without your participation.  Does this make you greedy?  Our fraudulent average "Naijans" specialize in this format of fraud over here.  300 drivers licences and 500 addresses registered to one person.  Please do not tell me it is common to all other countries.  DOES THAT MAKE IT RIGHT? shocked

You should be worrying about what Nigerians do and not what other countries are doing.  I thought you said your were patroitic  Why worry about what other countries are doing?  Like you are competing for the "best average fraudulent" nation world wide?  I think this is what psychologists call the "compensation" mechanism of coping with stress or guilt! cool
Re: Is The Average Nigerian Fraudulent? by Seun(m): 11:52am On Jul 13, 2007
@MILITIA: Exactly. Many forms of fraud do not have anything to do with the victim's greed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Catholic Priest, Rev Fr (dr) Dennis E. Osuagwu Murdered By Hoodlums Yesterday / We Are Not Tapping Telephone Lines Of Nigerian Citizens - DSS / Fulani Herdsmen Attack Soyinka’s Home In Abeokuta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.