Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,975 members, 7,963,103 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 05:54 AM

Opinion: Igbos, South South, Yorubas Are Not Your Enemies - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: Igbos, South South, Yorubas Are Not Your Enemies (983 Views)

INEC Denies Removing Igbos & South South Adhoc Staff In Lagos / Tinubu Will Take Care Of Igbos; South-east Will Vote APC – Umahi / Dino Melaye Mourns Majek Fashek, Recalls "Fire Go Burn All Your Enemies" Comment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: Igbos, South South, Yorubas Are Not Your Enemies by Ihateniggov: 10:58pm On Jan 25, 2021
I am Yoruba and most times when I discuss with my fellow Yorubas physically on what is going on in our political sphere, I have never heard anyone speak bad of the Igbos, but reverse is the case online, the hatred I see online against our southerner brothers is way too much. Atimes I feel this people don't mean the hate, I feel they are mostly trolls but most times I am confused. South East, South South, trust me I am a Yoruba man and I don't hate you at all.

Ojukwu was a great man,he deserved a presidential burial. He was the first man to see the future of Nigeria even when others where blind, he is my Hero.

You won't believe how much Yorubas love you guys until you come down to South West and see for yourself that Yorubas are not your enemies, the enemies are the North.

We should be United always. United we stand.

JooEeL:
YOU ARE THE PERPETRATOR YOU FOOOL!

I swear to God who made me : I am Yoruba but I stand with my Igbo and IPOB brothers.

ENOUGH OF THIS NONSENSE! This idiotic governor wants to play the exact template that WIKIlona did in murdering innoncent Obigbo brethren.

They will invite the soldiers into town, then the soldiers will harass completely innocent civilians, and then kill some just to draw the attention of IPOB, and now ESN.

That's what these bastards always do. They kill innocent civilians first and when you retaliate, they will spin the story on its head to later victimise the Igbos. Gosh, this thing hurts me. This terroristic (FG) Fulani Government time and time and again, always makes a mess of the Igbo race, and then try to make other tribes hate them by always twisting the facts.

I urge every one of good conscience to not buy into the government narrative ever again. You all, at least by now, can now see for yourselves that the FG, Miyetti Allah and the Nigerian Army are the main sponsors of terrorism.

If you are a fellow Yoruba like me and you want to mock the ESN or our Eastern brothers, may God in his infinite wisdom punish you and your family up to the 10th generation. It was just a few days ago that these same Boko Haram disguising as Nigerian Army stormed Ogun state and flogged our residents and even Obas just to allow free rein of herdsmen to eat the crops of our own farmers unchallenged. And you still want to mock the Easterners or victimise them as usual in your stupidity? I say God will punish you, fooools! Aye e o le da mo. sad

Lastly if at this state you still consider yourself as a so-called south-south, trying to dissociate yourself from the great work Nnamdi Kanu is doing, I have only one thing to tell you: your moronic nature is permanent.

Keep the focus.

Kudos to JooEel for this piece, he said the mind of all meaningful Yorubas not the trolls you find everywhere on cyper space.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opinion: Igbos, South South, Yorubas Are Not Your Enemies by Thewrath(m): 11:31pm On Jan 25, 2021
The problem is you yorubas do not immediately,openly condemn,rebuke and deny a bad stand of a fellow Yoruba poster,you keep quiet even when the northerners are hiding under Yoruba monikas to insult and cause division.right now,you can’t tell if a post that’s made against igbos is coming from a Yoruba or hausa,unless the ones that have been busted..lastly the yorubas should learn to always mind their bussiness whenever it comes to Igbo issues.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opinion: Igbos, South South, Yorubas Are Not Your Enemies by mosdii(m): 7:49am On Jan 26, 2021
Yoruba can never be the enemy of Niger Delta and South East.
Our common enemy is poverty, forceful domination, underdevelopment and glaring hate of the people of the Niger Delta and South East.

The reason why we in the Niger Delta and South East don't like you guys in the west is because of your betrayal tendency. The Southwest has never supported anything the Niger Delta and South East engages in.
From politics to security and economy.
Niger Delta are fighting for resource control while South East is fighting for referendum and independence.
Niger Delta and South East have been fighting for their survival right from the creation of Nigeria while the West has been frolicking with their benefactors up north.

Niger Delta and South East don't hate you but can never support, join you in any issues.

Long live Niger Delta

Long live South East

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: Igbos, South South, Yorubas Are Not Your Enemies by johnmartus(m): 8:36am On Jan 26, 2021
Continue fooling yourself. Stop hide on Yoruba moniker to perpetrate your evil.

Igbo hate Yoruba and we hate them too.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Igbos, South South, Yorubas Are Not Your Enemies by johnmartus(m): 8:40am On Jan 26, 2021
Which one you even belong. Southeast or south south? If south south neglect their region just like you guys neglected your southeast. Will you be claiming Niger Delta?
mosdii:
Our common enemy is poverty, forceful domination, underdevelopment and glaring hate of the people of the Niger Delta and South East.

The reason why we in the Niger Delta and South East don't like you guys in the west is because of your betrayal tendency. The Southwest has never supported anything the Niger Delta and South East engages in.
Niger Delta are fighting for resource control while South East is fighting for referendum and independence.
Niger Delta and South East has been fighting for their survival right from the creation of Nigeria while the West has been frolicking with their benefactors up north.

Niger Delta and South East don't hate you but can never support, join you in any issues.

Long live Niger Delta

Long live South East
Re: Opinion: Igbos, South South, Yorubas Are Not Your Enemies by mosdii(m): 8:45am On Jan 26, 2021
johnmartus:
Which one you even belong. Southeast or south south? If south south neglect their region just like you guys neglected your southeast. Will you be claiming Niger Delta?

I'm from South South (Niger Delta)

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Igbos, South South, Yorubas Are Not Your Enemies by Asgard13: 8:47am On Jan 26, 2021
johnmartus:

You’re a strong man ... not coward.. this is it

YORUBA HATE IGBOS , ONLY THAT IGBOS DONT HAVE THEIR TIME

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opinion: Igbos, South South, Yorubas Are Not Your Enemies by Beremx(f): 8:50am On Jan 26, 2021
The champions of Yoruba/Igbo bigotry exists only on nairaland. In reality, they are not what they portray online. There is no Igbo/Yoruba feud in the real world. If you want to feel the unity of Nigeria as regards ethnicity and religion, visit major markets in Lagos.

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: Igbos, South South, Yorubas Are Not Your Enemies by tamdun: 8:57am On Jan 26, 2021
Asgard13:

You’re a strong man ... not coward.. this is it

YORUBA HATE IGBOS , ONLY THAT IGBOS DONT HAVE THEIR TIME
Lies, Igbo blame yoruba for all their misfortunes, Tinubu this, Tinubu that, Kanu insulted our leaders, pastors.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Igbos, South South, Yorubas Are Not Your Enemies by an0daGuy: 9:00am On Jan 26, 2021
Hmm this is interesting. It’s just sad the way yorubas pulled us all into this mess with BUHARI. Assuming they used logic after reading all available signs the nation wouldn’t have been where it is today.

2015 isn’t too far back in history to see how they jumped ship just to secure a shaky spot in 2023.

Oh how time flies. Soon the long awaited presidential election will be here. Let’s pray we all survive BUHARI’s Nigeria till then.

2 more years abi? We die here

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Igbos, South South, Yorubas Are Not Your Enemies by Mkmoney(m): 9:03am On Jan 26, 2021
wink
Re: Opinion: Igbos, South South, Yorubas Are Not Your Enemies by madmohamed(m): 9:07am On Jan 26, 2021
Ihateniggov:
I am Yoruba and most times when I discuss with my fellow Yorubas physically on what is going on in our political sphere, I have never heard anyone speak bad of the Igbos, but reverse is the case online, the hatred I see online against our southerner brothers is way too much. Atimes I feel this people don't mean the hate, I feel they are mostly trolls but most times I am confused. South East, South South, trust me I am a Yoruba man and I don't hate you at all.

Ojukwu was a great man,he deserved a presidential burial. He was the first man to see the future of Nigeria even when others where blind, he is my Hero.

You won't believe how much Yorubas love you guys until you come down to South West and see for yourself that Yorubas are not your enemies, the enemies are the North.

Kudos to JooEel for this piece, he said the mind of all meaningful Yorubas not the trolls you find everywhere on cyper space.
some of this people you see talking nonsense here are from North

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Igbos, South South, Yorubas Are Not Your Enemies by valenu(m): 9:08am On Jan 26, 2021
Ihateniggov:

My brother, most of those trabal comments come from northern guys who pretend to be Igbo's or Yoruba to cause those hate and fights. I know many of them. They are educated Fulani's and they have many accounts here on nairaland. That's why online, they can succeed in inciting hate among the South's but they can't do it life. As a matter of fact, nothing lasts forever. So, their cup go soon full and South's will be liberated from the demonic Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Igbos, South South, Yorubas Are Not Your Enemies by Asgard13: 9:22am On Jan 26, 2021
tamdun:

Lies, Igbo blame yoruba for all their misfortunes, Tinubu this, Tinubu that, Kanu insulted our leaders, pastors.

Even before Kanu ... before civil war.. the hatred no be today

Was never like this... but ife taught me.. difference between me and Yoruba is am bold about my tribalism and call them out.. they pretend.
Yoruba will always hate igbos..
Re: Opinion: Igbos, South South, Yorubas Are Not Your Enemies by Asgard13: 9:29am On Jan 26, 2021
Beremx:
The champions of Yoruba/Igbo bigotry exists only on nairaland. In reality, they are not what they portray online. There is no Igbo/Yoruba feud in the real world. If you want to feel the unity of Nigeria as regards ethnicity and religion, visit major markets in Lagos.

cheesy

Walahi you don’t know yoruba ... they hate more offline than online
They hate you living in their land ... they see you as leaser being..
their tribalism is second to none..

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Igbos, South South, Yorubas Are Not Your Enemies by EagleNest(m): 9:34am On Jan 26, 2021
When did it degenerate this badly?
Re: Opinion: Igbos, South South, Yorubas Are Not Your Enemies by Beremx(f): 9:51am On Jan 26, 2021
Asgard13:

cheesy

you don’t know yoruba ... they hate more offline than online
I do a lot. I was born and bred in Lagos. I speak Yoruba fluently and I have lived in Yoruba dominated areas (excluding Festac Town). So you cannot tell me I don’t know Yoruba people.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Igbos, South South, Yorubas Are Not Your Enemies by Asgard13: 9:57am On Jan 26, 2021
Beremx:
I do a lot. I was born and bred in Lagos. I speak Yoruba fluently and I have lived in Yoruba dominated areas (excluding Festac Town). So you cannot tell me I don’t know Yoruba people.

OkAy
Lagos is cosmopolitan... try spending vacation in ikire osun oyo ekiti ondo .. or ogun

You will understand better

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Igbos, South South, Yorubas Are Not Your Enemies by cocolacec(m): 10:39am On Jan 26, 2021
mosdii:

Niger Delta and South East have been fighting for their survival right from the creation of Nigeria while the West has been frolicking with their benefactors up north.

Long live Niger Delta

Long live South East

Every regions were minding their own business until the Military coup of January 15, 1966 which destroyed Nigeria till this present day.We should all return to regional govt where each region control its resources and develop at their own pace.That is the wish of the Yoruba nation.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Igbos, South South, Yorubas Are Not Your Enemies by JooEeL(m): 11:21am On Jan 26, 2021
valenu:

My brother, most of those trabal comments come from northern guys who pretend to be Igbo's or Yoruba to cause those hate and fights. I know many of them. They are educated Fulani's and they have many accounts here on nairaland. That's why online, they can succeed in inciting hate among the South's but they can't do it life. As a matter of fact, nothing lasts forever. So, their cup go soon full and South's will be liberated from the demonic Nigeria.

But why are they so bent on fostering disunity between Igbos and Yorubas? Of course I admit, Yorubas and Igbos are not one people. We have our differences -- agreed. But mehn, no matter our disagreements over the years, we are never really at each others' throats. I have lived in Lagos, lived with Igbos for long and know the height of disunity we could have and its not significant.

But these Fulanis are always first to draw out dagger all the time. But asides that, they always tend to support the terrorist Nigerian Army -- all the time. I don't know how Igbo man is always the problem. I believe its envy and misconception. From my observation, even some so-called south-south are quite envious to the pure Igbo man. Thats my own observation o.
Re: Opinion: Igbos, South South, Yorubas Are Not Your Enemies by JooEeL(m): 11:24am On Jan 26, 2021
madmohamed:

Hmmmn, I think I have to agree o bro.

Cos on Facebook, its easier to track a fake profile unlike here in Nairaland. On Facebook, I dont see so many Yorubas antagonising the Igbos. Of course they do, but usually not as vehemently and as spitefully as it is on NL. But most of the comments I see from names like Musa, Ahmed, Jubril etc. are always carbon-copy of what I see on NL.

So I can easily agree with you. But I thought the Fulanis were mainly illiterates. And even if they are crafty originally of course, how did they evolve and take it to another level to learn this divide-and-rule mechanism on cyberspace?

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Igbos, South South, Yorubas Are Not Your Enemies by helinues: 11:24am On Jan 26, 2021
sad
Re: Opinion: Igbos, South South, Yorubas Are Not Your Enemies by valenu(m): 11:33am On Jan 26, 2021
JooEeL:

But why are they so bent on fostering disunity between Igbos and Yorubas? Of course I admit, Yorubas and Igbos are not one people. We have our differences -- agreed. But mehn, no matter our disagreements over the years, we are never really at each others' throats. I have lived in Lagos, lived with Igbos for long and know the height of disunity we could have and its not significant.

But these Fulanis are always first to draw out dagger all the time. But asides that, they always tend to support the terrorist Nigerian Army -- all the time. I don't know how Igbo man is always the problem. I believe its envy and misconception. From my observation, even some so-called south-south are quite envious to the pure Igbo man. Thats my own observation o.
My brother, I am Igbo and my closest friend is a Yoruba. And he is even a Muslim. So, I just know that it is only online this disunity can happen. The south is made up of different people but all very peaceful minding their business. The north knows that the day the south gets united, that's the end of Nigeria. So, online they try to cause disunity, to make the southern unity zero. They have many accounts either as Yoruba or as Igbo. Whenever there is a topic, they are the first to initiate tribal insults. They don't apply logic in their reasoning. They don't know that by the time the common enemy pushes too far, the south will retaliate to survive.

Our main problem is the few top politicians leaking their assez because of the juicy reward.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Igbos, South South, Yorubas Are Not Your Enemies by JooEeL(m): 11:40am On Jan 26, 2021
valenu:
My brother, I am Igbo and my closest friend is a Yoruba. And he is even a Muslim. So, I just know that it is only online this disunity can happen. The south is made up of different people but all very peaceful minding their business. The north knows that the day the south gets united, that's the end of Nigeria. So, online they try to cause disunity, to make the southern unity zero. They have many accounts either as Yoruba or as Igbo. Whenever there is a topic, they are the first to initiate tribal insults. They don't apply logic in their reasoning. They don't know that by the time the common enemy pushes too far, the south will retaliate to survive.

Our main problem is the few top politicians leaking their assez because of the juicy reward.

True bro.
Re: Opinion: Igbos, South South, Yorubas Are Not Your Enemies by NLPoliceWoman: 3:51pm On Jan 26, 2021
RTR

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Igbos, South South, Yorubas Are Not Your Enemies by Ihateniggov: 7:59pm On Jan 26, 2021
Asgard13:

cheesy

Walahi you don’t know yoruba ... they hate more offline than online

You lied. Everyone can testify to it that Yorubas are not tribalistic at all. Infact we are the most accommodating of all the tribes in Nigeria, please get your facts right.
Re: Opinion: Igbos, South South, Yorubas Are Not Your Enemies by Akudaisi: 8:05pm On Jan 26, 2021
I agree with you on most of things but,the fact remains that Yoruba hatred against Igbos are real,but not as it is portrayed online,I have lived in Lagos so I know what am saying

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Igbos, South South, Yorubas Are Not Your Enemies by Ihateniggov: 8:05pm On Jan 26, 2021
Beremx:

Not only Lagos, visit any town or city in SW, there is unity amongst the yorubas and our southern brothers and sisters. Infact the Ibos have special markets in various SW cities and they are living peacefully.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Igbos, South South, Yorubas Are Not Your Enemies by Ihateniggov: 8:08pm On Jan 26, 2021
an0daGuy:
Hmm this is interesting. It’s just sad the way yorubas pulled us all into this mess with BUHARI. Assuming they used logic after reading all available signs the nation wouldn’t have been where it is today.

2015 isn’t too far back in history to see how they jumped ship just to secure a shaky spot in 2023.

Oh how time flies. Soon the long awaited presidential election will be here. Let’s pray we all survive BUHARI’s Nigeria till then.

2 more years abi? We die here

Yoruba didn't pull anybody into any mess. If Jonathan was doing things the right way, no sane person would want him out of the office

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Igbos, South South, Yorubas Are Not Your Enemies by tsdarkside(m): 8:09pm On Jan 26, 2021
johnmartus:

dont mind am....
Re: Opinion: Igbos, South South, Yorubas Are Not Your Enemies by Ihateniggov: 8:10pm On Jan 26, 2021
madmohamed:

I agree with you, they are trolls
Re: Opinion: Igbos, South South, Yorubas Are Not Your Enemies by Ihateniggov: 8:10pm On Jan 26, 2021
valenu:

I believe this

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Army/herdsmen Connivance: Soldiers Force Victim To Retract Torture Accusation / ESN Attack: Oby Ezekwesili Sends Strong Message To Service Chiefs / As Long As I Remain Governor, 'unknown Gunmen' Can't Operate In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.