Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,167 members, 7,936,601 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 05:31 PM

National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 (100337 Views)

IBB Shuns Governorship And House Of Assembly Elections In Niger / Presidential, National Assembly Elections Vicious – Soyinka / Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Ganjafama(m): 7:43pm On Apr 09, 2011
monkeyleg:

see results so far for Delta state
BREAKING NEWS: Uvwie Ward 4 Unit 1 Result for House of Rep: DPP = 133; PDP = 81; ACN = 3; ANPP = 2. : Senate : DPP = 118; PDP = 77; ACN = 5; ANPP = 8. The change has began,

Elections results from 1 & 2 Warri Okumagba units 2, 3 & 4:
UNIT 2: DPP-75, UNIT: 3-124, UNIT: -4-83.
UNIT 2: PDP- 5, UNIT: 3- 14,  UNIT:4 -5.
NNPP UNIT:4- 2.
ACN UNIT:4-1.

UNIT 5
DPP- 93
PDP- 14
ACN- 1
ACCORD- 2

UNIT 15
DPP- 105
PDP- 7
ACN- 1

Boy am I happy! With this result coming from Delta State even a blind  man can see that Uduaghan is in trouble. This is just the NASS election o! I wonder what the result would look like when Ogboru slug it out with Uduaghan in the guber polls on the 26th.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Jarus(m): 7:45pm On Apr 09, 2011
9ijaMan:

I got this from a friend's post on another forum.:

INEC CODE:  (17/03/01/011) Jigawa State, BK LGA, BK Ward, Polling unit 011:
REPS
ACN:       9
ANPP:     2
CPC:       177
PDP:        71
Others:     0

SENATOR
ACN:          8
ANPP:        3
CPC:          184
PDP:           80
Others:       0

muami:

If this result is represents the voting pattern in Jigawa, then it is good news for GEJ and PDP as PDP performed beyond expectations. The much villified THISDAY POLLS projected a higher margin of victory for CPC in Jigawa.So if PDP is able to get this much vote, then thats really really good news.
CPC will clearly get more than that in Presidential in Jigawa and other northern states. Many PDP members will vote Buhari in teh North. Remember it's 'Sai Buhari' even in PDP rallies.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by 1United1: 7:48pm On Apr 09, 2011
In Lawanson Surulere where I voted, i managed to monitor three Units. The results are
Unit 1
SENATE
ACN 132
PDP  23
APGA 23
CPC 18

Unit 2
ACN 81
PDP 24
LP 10
CPc 1o

Unit 3
ACN 79
PDP 20
APga 15
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Sarahluv(f): 7:49pm On Apr 09, 2011
PDP losing National assembly elections from unconfirmed results. The presidential elections is going to be interesting.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by kcjazz(m): 7:55pm On Apr 09, 2011
Aso Rock Villa CPC-195, PDP-88, ACN-15, ANPP-14

Crazy brilliance!
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by kokogee: 8:01pm On Apr 09, 2011
meine:

In MKO Abiola Gardens, alahusa,ikeja where i voted.

For REP
ACN: 171
PDP: 26
CPC: 28

For SENATE

ACN:  163
PDP: 23
CPC: 24

CONGRATS ACN

[b]Kindly note that CPC clearly Defeated PDP over here despite the fact that no campaign was done. Guys expect some shock in Lagos by Next week. CPC will definitely get a chunk of the votes in Lagos
.[/b]  grin grin grin

This is sweet! I can say u've made a lot of sense @ the bolded
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by jaz(m): 8:08pm On Apr 09, 2011
I've been collecting info. It's clear there will have to be a change of leadership in the lower house as against massive amounts spent HON DIMEJI BANKOLE has just recorded significant losses in all polling sites save 'Oluwo' his family territory and 'Sodubi' , also chucked out is past president OLUSEGUN OBANSANJO'S's daughter SENATOR IYABO OBANSANJO-BELLO. ALL SEATS in Abeokuta south etc up-till Ikene have been swept by the ACTION CONGRESS, is this a revolution ?
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by dgov(m): 8:09pm On Apr 09, 2011
Impresive result so far
Finally change has come
CONGRATULATIONS NIGERIA!
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by SkyBlue1: 8:14pm On Apr 09, 2011
WOW, so we are actually seeing free and fair elections in Nigeria? I reserve my comments till results are officially announced, but this should be food for thought for people who were shouting for JEGA to be thrown under the bus. If shifting the elections to today was what was needed to give us this kind of elections then I say well done JEGA. Finally, there now seems a better balance of power in our legislature as opposed to the almost one party affair that was the case in the previous dispensation. The future is already looking more interesting. We still have two more days of elections to go but so far I say, money and time well spent (the voter turnout was dire though).
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by whizkidd: 8:16pm On Apr 09, 2011
Voter Count (Senatorial):
Ward 11 Unit 19 Egbeda Loc. Gov't.
AC - 177.   PDP -29.   Accord - 82.   CPC - 5.   ANPP -2.   NTP - 1

Voter Count House of Reps:
Ward 11 Unit 19 Egbeda Loc. Gov't.
AC - 165.   PDP - 28.    Accord - 92.   CPC - 4.   Labour - 2.   ANPP - 2.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by lagosboi10: 8:18pm On Apr 09, 2011
31 REASONS WHY BUHARI DOES NOT DESERVE YOUR VOTE
In my books, Buhari is a pretentious anti-corruption fighter. The trajectory of a man's journey in public life matters. For the following reasons I cannot vote for Buhari:
1. He is an oligarch who does not believe in equality before the law. The way he jailed Lateef Jakande, Jim Nwobodo, Ambrose Ali, Pa Adekunle Ajasin, Chief Ayo Ojewumi on cases that had no foundation and allowed Awwal Ibrahim, the then Niger State governor, who was arrested in Heathrow Airport in London with 14 million pounds sterling and several millions of Niara and dollars to be put under house arrest is my evidence. He also allowed Shehu Kangiwa, Sokoto State Governor who conducted and supervised the famous Bakolori Massacre of poor peasant farmers who's land were appropriated without compesation to remain under house arrest.
1(a) Ayo Ojewumi became blind as a result of his imprisonment over false charges and died shortly after.
1 (b) Prof. Ambrose Alli also became blind as a result of this false imprisonment. When he died, he had only one undeveloped plot of land to his name.
1© Pa Adekule Ajasin was never the same after his eventual release and remained sickly for the rest of his life When he died, he never had any property anywhere in the world except the one he had built from his sweat as long term teacher and school principal in Owo Township.
2. He put in place a retroactive law that killed three men, innocent men in my book, by public execution.
3. He jailed Ndukar Irabor and Tunde Thompson of the Guardian on stories that were factually true under Decree 4. He had told the Nigerian journalists then that it did not matter whether the story reported was true or not, if his regime did not like it, the writer would go to jail.
4. He supervised the smuggling of 53 suitcases filled with cash through the MMA against the protests of General Tunde Idiagbon and ironically, Abubakar Atiku, the then Director General of the Customs who later became the Vice President and a compromised politician himself. This smuggling of the suit cases was supervised by his ADC, Col. Mustapha Jokolo.
5. He jailed Fela Anikulapo -Kuti on trumped up charges under an emergency law which prompted the sentencing judge to confess that he was ordered to do so and apologized to the late musician. It was Buhari's administration that said it has "decided to deal with this Fela problem once and for all."
6. He convinced all the northern political leaders against allowing the National Identity Card program because according to him, this would unravel the myth of a Northern population majority
7. He is an Islamic fundamentalist, the Bin Laden of Nigeria, who told his northern followers never to vote for anyone who was not a Muslim.
8. He is a coup plotter.
9. He has never been able to account to Nigerians what he did with the 20 billion Naira of the Petroleum Trust Fund of which he was the chairman under Sani Abacha.
9(a) He has not been able to point to any project that he prosecuted outside the Northern Nigeria with the so-called trust fund.
10. He was in full support of all the atrocities of Sani Abacha against the Nigerian people. There is no single record of his criticism of Sani Abacha during those dark days when Nigeria was on precipice. It shows that he is a patriot of convenience and as such unfits to lead the country.
11. Buhari, as part of his Triba-listic practices placed President Shagari under house arrest inside a palatial mansion in Ikoyi while he locked up Shagari's Vice, Alex Ekwueme in Kirikiri Prison. Shagari is Hausa/Fulani like him while Alex Ekwueme is an Igbo man.
12. Ikemba Emeka Ojukwu, another Igboman who returned from 13years exile just a little over a year then was as well locked up in KiriKiri Prison by mean-hearted Buhari. Up till today we are not told what Emeka’s offence was.
13. Busari Adelakun died of ulcer because Buhari refused him to be taken out of prison for immediate medical attention. The then Governor of Ogun State, Bisi Onabanjo suffered similar fate which we were told led to his untimely death.
14. Buhari ransacked the house of our late sage, Obafemi Awolowo and consfisticated his International passport. Which civilized democratic society would elect the likes of Buhari as President, the same individual who overthrew an elected President? Never!
15. Plus Buhari having Sam Mbakwe in jail, went for one of Mbakwe's wives. He established himself again for what he was/is letting Mbakwe receive in jailhouse news of the death of another of Mbakwe's two wives. One (I can't remember his name now; Odenigbo?) also died in jail.
16. Buhari's henchman and sponsor, CPC governorship candidate for Kano State, is Mohammed Abacha, the same person that had/ran a personal killing squad, coordinated the killing of Kudirat Abiola & attempted to kill Ibru; and also stashed money in underground tanks, all less than 13 years ago, Nigerians have very short selective memory. Shame
‎17. Buhari discriminated against persons from other ethnic groups/faiths; and that as PTF Chairman, he employed an overwhelming number of Fulani/Hausa/Moslem people at the detriment of other groups and concentrated PTF projects in the North. If in doubt read El Rufai's testimony where he wrote about Katsina boys who used the money they made at PTF to bankroll Yar'Adua's election in 1999.
18. Buhari is unforgiving. When he "took over" by coup in 1983, he even remembered an article written a very long time ago by Bisi Onabanjo ('The Mallams are coming') and a later one in which Onabanjo wrote that people should watch out for that "gangly officer from the north" after Buhari gave a no holds barred speech at some Army functions where he was reported to be very openly pro Fulani and pro Islam to the exclusive of all else and also talked about termination of democratic rule. For that, Onabanjo got one of the harshest jail terms and treatments.
19. Buhari intolerance is worse than Obasanjo's. When he was adopted as the ANPP's candidate on the night of the party's Primaries without prior warning to the other candidates (and a few of them protested), Buhari got up and made a speech that those people must be disciplined. I subsequently saw him on BBC's "hard talk" and he frightened me and the interviewer with his archaic and fundamentalist intolerant views. His understanding and articulation is very much in doubt.
20. The evil genius, IBB and his crew similarly ran rings around Buhari. On the 10th anniversary of Abacha's demise, Buhari said that Abacha stole nothing from Nigeria! Despite millions of Dollars recovered from banks around the world and the Abacha family signing a formal agreement to return over $1 billion dollars, Buhari still said that Abacha's stealing remains an unproved allegation!!!! Why? Because Abacha set Buhari up like an emperor and let him use oil money from the Niger Delta to develop the North without supervision or questions.
21. Buhari snubbed the same Nigerians he now wants their votes by refusing to appear before Justice Oputa Truth and Reconciliation Panel. Despite the fact that Buhari knew how important reconciliation is to the stability of democracy. Buhari has never apologized at anytime.
22. Buhari executed Lawal Ojuolape (30), Bernard Ogedengbe (29) and Bartholomew Owoh (26). To put it quite plainly, one of those three – Ogedengbe - was executed for a crime that did not carry a capital forfeit at the time it was committed. and At the time Ogedengbe committed the crime it did not carry that punishment. If we must live as civilized citizens we must go by the rules. Article 11.2 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights reads: "No one shall be held guilty of any penal offence on account of any act or omission WHICH DID NOT CONSTITUTE A PENAL OFFENCE, under national or international law at the time when it was committed. NOR SHALL A HEAVIER PUNISHMENT BE IMPOSED THAN THE ONE THAT WAS APPLICABLE AT THE TIME THE PENAL OFFENCE WAS COMMITTED. Killing people with retroactive laws is not the civilized thing to do - and for as long as we will have people who refuse to see the truth only because their heroes are inching to rule when they have not purged themselves we will continue to wallow in misery.
23. Let’s informed Buhari that Lateef Jakande’s $60 million metro rail project for Lagos, which he cancelled immediately after he over-threw the Second Republic, has now accumulated a debt profile of over $3 billion for Lagos State, making the state the most indebted state to Paris Club in the federation.
24 let also remind Buhari that Gbolahan Mudashiru, his Military Administrator for Lagos State, alerted him on the clause in the contract agreement that would yoke the state to this debt, if the contract was cancelled unilaterally, and that he replied Mudashiru, that he didn’t care a damn. Though the fund for the execution of that project which would have given the people of Lagos an intra-city light train transport system would not have come from Buhari’s Supreme Military Council, General Buhari, as Military Head of State, cancelled this wonderful project of the state government, with ethnicity on his mind.
25. Let us again tell him that his action of jailing Dr Alex Ekwueme, then Nigeria’s vice president, from Anambra, and keeping President Shehu Shagari, from Sokoto State in a house arrest in Ikoyi was also ethnically fired.
26. So also was the shorter end of the stick he handed the South, as chair of Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF), in the execution of projects.
27. Shagari’s regime (1979-1983), incurred Buhari’s wrath when it decided to investigate the US$2.8 billion that disappeared from the Midland Bank, London account of the Nigerian National Petroleum Cooperation, (NNPC), during General Obasanjo’s era as military head of state that preceded Shagari’s. Dr. Olusola Saraki, Turaki of Ilorin, was the majority party leader of the Senate at the time and he headed the Senate Committee set up to trace the stolen money after some three years of clamor for such an investigation by members of the civil society. The money was traced to the Midland Bank London branch fixed account of Buhari, Obasanjo’s appointee as military head of the Nigerian National Petroleum Company. The Committee’s report was presented to the Senate during the tail end of Shagari’s regime in 1983, so the House decided to deal with the matter soon after the 1983 general elections.
28. He locked up without trial, politicians and critics including Fela Anikulapo-Kuti, notorious for clamouring for the exposure of the oil money rogue. Vera Ifudu, who was an NTA reporter then, was sacked through his prodding as military ruler, for reporting what Dr. Olusola Saraki had told her in an interview about how the missing money was traced to Buhari’s account at a Midland Bank London branch. Vera eventually won her case of wrongful dismissal in court against the NTA and was financially compensated.
29. Abacha rehabilitated Buhari with the chairmanship of the Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF) before he (Abacha) died in 1998. When Obasanjo returned to power in May 1999 as civilian president, he found that over 2.5 billion naira had not been properly accounted for in the PTF and that there was not much on the ground to show for the colossal expenditure the agency was claiming. On the day Obasanjo announced the scrapping of the PTF, a non-staff brother-in-law of the boss, allegedly serving as his conduit on some PTF projects, died suddenly from what appeared to be heart failure.
30. Buhari’s conflicting statements on the money laundering charges involving his ADC in 1984 on the 53 suit cases saga, has indicted him.
31. He should reveal to us his health status… Buhari at 69 yr old is a clear liability on Nigeria and Nigerians is Nigeria a health insurance scheme?
If Nigerians reward dangerous, insensitive, dishonest, mean, cruel, partial, egoistic, religious, fundamentalist, conscienceless human beings like MOHAMMADU BUHARI with the presidency of Nigeria with his kind of track record, then why do we still wonder why Nigeria has not and will not make it?
I can not in good conscience support Buhari's candidacy on the above grounds. I wish we have intelligent people who know what democracy means. I wish we have civilized minds. However, I am 100 percent sure that Buhari will never again rule Nigeria.
It is clear that apart from the states of the North-West and North-East, his Congress for Political Change (CPC) would hardly earn 25 per cent of the total number of votes cast in the remaining states of the federation. By implication, two zones just cannot earn Buhari the presidency he is looking for, no matter their voting strength.
VOTE ACN,
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by 3kay945(m): 8:19pm On Apr 09, 2011
Pls guys keep it coming am enjoying dis
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Nicklee(m): 8:21pm On Apr 09, 2011
@Lagosboi10: Did you have to post this? Common people, every thread has a goal. Let's not derail this thread until we get all the results. Or do you think anyone visiting this thread will take time to read the lengthy stuff you copied and pasted?

Kudos to everyone reporting election results. Please keep them coming.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by meine: 8:25pm On Apr 09, 2011
@ Lagos boy===Dont derail this thread, is the BB candidacy giving you so much sleepless night? Is that all you are thinking about? Take Panadol extra my brother, leave things till saturday grin grin grin
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Whitehorse: 8:26pm On Apr 09, 2011
Pls no distraction in this thread, post only election results. Those of us in diaspora are glued to our laptops, at least i am!
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by kaycee0604(m): 8:29pm On Apr 09, 2011
Odootin LGA, Ward 1 Unit 10 senatorial result: ACN = 48, PDP = 129, AD = 1, AP = 2, NCP = 2, APGA = 1
Odootin LGA, Ward 1 Unit 10 Rep result: ACN = 44, PDP = 135, LP = 10, APGA = 1, ANPP = 1.

BOLUWADURO LGA WARD 8

, SENATORIAL : ACN - 141

PDP - 111

AP - 104

HOUSE OF REP: ACN - 140

PDP - 59

AP - 154
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by kaycee0604(m): 8:31pm On Apr 09, 2011
Senator Iyiola Omisore lost even infront of his campaign office which he has now turn to Jonathan campaign office after the verdict of the court of appeal which declare Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola as the duly elected governor of Osun State.

SENATORIAL RESULT

ACN - 313
PDP - 47

ANPP - 5

AP - 5

CPP - 2
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Jarus(m): 8:35pm On Apr 09, 2011
Odootin LGA, Ward 1 Unit 10 senatorial result: ACN = 48, PDP = 129, AD = 1, AP = 2, NCP = 2, APGA = 1
Odootin LGA, Ward 1 Unit 10 Rep result: ACN = 44, PDP = 135, LP = 10, APGA = 1, ANPP = 1.

This is Oyinlola's LG. Good(or is it bad?) to know he delivered his LG to his party.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Eziachi: 8:36pm On Apr 09, 2011
@Lagosboi10,
Please where you are, is there no election there? At least for today campaign is suspended, we want to read about result.
@Beaf
What is happening in Bayelsa? You kind of gone off the radar today of all days.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by fatherab1: 8:39pm On Apr 09, 2011
[size=19pt]SHEKARAU HAS LOST IN FRONT OF HIS HOUSE TO CPC[/size]

http://thewillnigeria.com/politics/8173-Election-Update-Dimeji-Bankole-Falls-Obj-Too.html
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by ekea2001: 8:40pm On Apr 09, 2011
grin

Mr Jailer is causing a stir eh.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-11427409

people are deciding.

GEJ has to get genuine with his God and people or will be booted out it seems.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by farobat(m): 8:41pm On Apr 09, 2011
at gwarimpa pry school centre, gwarimpa estate, abuja     after waiting for about 3 hours for announcement of result, these yeye nysc guys refuse to announce the result, however, result sourced from party agents indicates: senate: pdp, 170, cpc, 71, acn, 20, lp, 14, anpp, 8, other parties, 15reps:pdp, 162, cpc, 74, acn, 29, lp, 14, anpp, 7, others, 29
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by alamin3: 8:42pm On Apr 09, 2011
101 Reasons Why Gen. Mohamadu Buhari is The Answer
1.    Our dear country Nigeria is in dire need of qualitative and substantive change from retrogression of the past twelve years under PDP to a future of progress, beginning from May 29 2011. This is what GMB represents and offers.
2.    We are tired of broken promises and broken down infrastructure. The railways are gone, the shipping lines have disappeared, roads are dilapidated and the power situation is still epileptic after twelve years of wasted Billions of Dollars. GMB promises 15,000MW of electricity by 2015 and 50,000 by 2019.
3.    We want somebody that will come and fix our roads and basic infrastructure.  GMB plans to construct 3,000km of Superhighway including service trunks and build up to 4,800km of modern railway lines – one third to be completed by 2015.
4.    We are tired of being ruled by the Party of Do or Die politics and politicians. GMB plays politics of persuasion and policy articulation.
5.    We want to be free from the ‘nest of killers’ who can do anything for power. We need a peaceful polity as envisaged by GMB
6.    We are tired of non-functional refineries. GMB is set to optimise their productions once again and initiate new ones with the private sector. He has done it before.
7.    GMB will put a stop to the importation of 70% of our petroleum products when we can produce same.
8.    We are tired of shameful and disgraceful importation of petroleum products. Prices will come down when GMB takes over on 29th May.
9.    We need solution to our secondary school education decay where 70% failures are recorded  annually and the PDP is audacious enough to seek our votes.
10.    We are tired of the celebration of corruption by the PDP. They organised a party to welcome Bode George back from prison where he had been for the past two years for stealing.
11.    We are tired of the PDP president spending 100 million Naira public funds daily for only presidential jets’ fuelling during campaigns while many Nigerians are hungry, jobless, homeless and hopeless.
12.    We are tired of the negative image of a corrupt nation stamped on us by the PDP government’s twelve years of waste.
13.    We are tired of a baby president who is completely clueless about the solutions to our problems. It is time to separate the boys from the men. It is time for GMB
14.    We are tired of being ruled by stooges with godfathers pushing them like a barrow and telling them what to do at all times. We want a real self confident President.
15.    We are tired of attempts at introducing third term through the back door.
16.    We do not want a man who supported, funded and campaigned for third term.
17.    We are tired of the chop I chop government of PDP. The public till is for all members of the Nigerian society and this is what GMB will ensure.
18.    We are tired a president that is playing politics with University education. He announced new Universities to win votes, while the existing ones are barely effective.
19.    We are tired of a government that cannot secure our lives and property. So many lives have been lost in Jos, Port Harcourt, Maiduguri, Bauchi, Okerenkoko, Ayakoroma, etc
20.    We are tired of an illiterate government without an ideology, without social and political principles and without an understanding of society and governance.
21.    We are tired of election riggers and government of thugs and ritualists.
22.     We are tired of a government of cult men and Ogboni members.
23.    We are tired of a president that says one thing and does exactly the opposite.
24.    We are tired of a president that will brazenly rig his own party primaries with impunity and still go and beg for help from the same people.
25.    We are tired of a president that blackmailed and arm-twisted fellow convoluted governors to win his party’s nomination.
26.    We are tired of a president who inaugurated a presidential advisory committee (PAC) to advice him but later turns round to snub their patriotic advice.
27.    We are tired of a president whose only qualification for the presidency is goodluck.
28.    We are tired of an economy in comatose while the PDP government is in denial.
29.    We are tired of a government that has borrowed more than $32bn in four years for no tangible course and is set to borrow more.
30.    We are tired of a government that spends more than 30% of its 2011 budget to pay foreign debt. A government that makes foreigners rich and Nigerians poor.
31.    We are tired of a PDP government that does not care about the welfare and wellbeing of the Nigerian people but is only pre-occupied with being in power for 100 years. WE NEED CHANGE.
32.    GENERAL MOHAMADU BUHARI (GMB) is the answer and the change agent because he supervised and delivered our existing refineries as petroleum minister and Head of state.
33.    He is set to entrench true federalism and fiscal federalism in the body politics of the Nigerian state.
34.    He is predisposed to the restructuring of the Nigerian federation to achieve the above.
35.    He is determined to achieve a proper devolution of power between the three tiers of government.
36.    He strongly supports the removal of the immunity clause on criminal matters under which governors steal and kill.
37.    He will make local councils more accountable to the people, by making them publish minutes of their meetings, service performance data and items of spending that exceed 10 million Naira.
38.    He plans to reform and strengthen the judicial system for efficient administration of justice in the country. He remembers that the judiciary is the last hope of the common man.
39.    He plans to create special courts for accelerated hearing of corruption, drug trafficking, terrorism etc., cases.
40.    He will fight corruption in public office through strict enforcement of anti corruption laws. He did before, he will do it again.
41.    He plans to create serious crime squads to combat kidnapping, armed robbery, militancy, and ethno-religious/communal clashes nationwide.
42.    GMB supports the vociferous calls for state and community police and would work to establish the principle.
43.    He plans to make Nigeria a liberal society by removing issues such as state of origin, tribe, ethnic and religious affiliations and replace them with only the principle of state of residence.
44.    He plans to immediately embark on vocational training, entrepreneurial and skill acquisition scheme for graduates to tackle youth and graduate unemployment.
45.    GMB will create two million new jobs by 2015 when he ends his tenure.
46.    He will create two million new home owners by 2015 through a nationwide mortgage system.
47.    He plans to put in place a N300bn regional growth fund for the development of the regions of the federation.
48.    GMB has pledged to do only the bidding of the masses and honest Nigerians and not serve a small click of business men as they are doing in PDP.
49.    He is set to restore faith in the Nigerian project so that no ‘Andrew’ will check out again.
50.    He will strengthen INEC and reduce/eliminate electoral malpractices.
51.    He will institute a process of full disclosure of government business to the public.
52.    He will build the capacity of law enforcement officers to do their work effectively.
53.    He will work to end acute poverty, inequality and insecurity in the country.
54.    He is completely detribalised and has the reputation of being a bridge builder.
55.    He is willing and able from day one and does not have to learn on the job like Lucky.
56.    He is well loved by the people of Nigeria across the North, South, East and West.
57.    He will fight for the welfare and well being of the people.
58.    He has a wife that is quite and knows her place in the society unlike others who cannot draw a line.
59.    GMB commands the respect of all political and traditional leaders in the country.
60.    He will lead in accordance to the constitution and would not twist the constitution to favour his party or a narrow interest like they do in PDP.
61.    He is set to restore hope and respect in politics so that more honest and decent people like you can go into it.
62.    His driving philosophy in politics and governance is ‘knowledge is Power’.
63.    Only GMB has the structure, personality, temperament and character to stop the drift in government and bring direction back to public administration.
64.    What he did in road construction while in the PTF has not been matched by 12 wasted years of PDP who have squandered billions of naira building nothing.
65.    As Head of state, taking over from the Pre-PDP government of Shagari, GMB reduced inflation from 23% to 4% in twenty months only.
66.    In his regime, there was no single religious crisis unlike what we have today with PDP.
67.    He put a final stop to the Maitasine sect in Kano. Today we have Mend, OPC, Boko Haram etc and the PDP is watching in amazement with.
68.    As Head of state, he stamped out corruption in public office by making politicians to be held accountable for their actions while in office.
69.    Hospitals and Universities in the country have not received more benefits from PDP than they did from PTF under GMB.
70.    As former petroleum minister and former Head of state, GMB owns no oil block, no petrol station unlike the PDP presidents.
71.    GMB is the answer because he has followership across the country which money cannot buy. Do you know that PDP pays people to attend their rallies?
72.    He is the Leader of the Masses and the Talakawas. Mr. Integrity and Mai Gaskiya.
73.    The oppressors and political gladiators fear him and love to stop him but the Masses love him and would do all in their might to steer him to victory.
74.    He is very liberal in his religious beliefs and that was why he appointed a Pentecostal and Charismatic Pastor as his vice.
75.     GMB is the only former Nigerian leader who does not own a house or Land in Abuja. Amazing!
76.    He is the first Head of state to promote affirmative action for women in Nigeria by directing that all state cabinets must have female commissioners.
77.    His achievements in twenty months as Head of state dwarf those of all who came after him especially the now ending inept and corrupt 12 years of PDP.
78.    He is the most capable, competent and creative candidate in this years’ presidential election. He has been military governor, petroleum minister, Head of state and chairman Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF).
79.    Many people do not know that it was while working with PTF that Dora Akunyili was discovered and it was because of her antecedents working with GMB that Obasanjo appointed her into NAFDAC. See what PDP has done to her reputation.
80.    GMB from the outset has identified with the poor masses in all his endeavours. That’s why he is called the People’s general. Now he will be called the ‘People President’.
81.    His main opponent identifies with the rich. His close friends include, Femi Otedola, Aliko Dagote, Jim Ovia, Jimoh Ibrahim, the Anyiam Osigwes, James Ibori, DSP Alamieyeseigha, Peter Odili, Ebitimi Banigo, Olusegun Obasanjo, Anthony Anenih, etc who all have one thing in common.
82.    While GMB is being backed by the masses, others are being sponsored by the enemies of the masses.
83.    No single money bag is bank rolling his campaign unlike the PDP.
84.    GMB is the answer because as Head of state, he introduced the War Against Indiscipline (WAI) which gave birth to discipline, patriotism, the queue culture and the monthly sanitation exercise in Nigeria among other things.
85.    GMB has never had a case with EFCC while some at the helms now will continue their case in EFCC when they leave office on May 29th 2011.
86.    GMB will permanently solve the problem of violence in the Niger Delta originated by Lucky and his friends. Many people do not know the level of involvement of the PDP government in the Niger Delta crisis.
87.    GMB represents change, hope, progress and honesty in Nigeria.
88.    He is incorruptible.
89.    He is honest, credible, hardworking and patriotic.
90.    He loves Nigeria more than himself. This is evidenced in his dogged determination to fight for the masses the third time at the presidency.
91.    He is a master strategist and organiser cum mobilize. He built with the masses a political movement into the fastest growing national political party in the world in less than two years.
92.    He is from a humble background and worked his way to national recognition. He is set to do the same to millions of Nigerian youths who need Mentoring.
93.    GMB represents the last set of the Murtala legacy and is set to ignite the sparks of that regime with actions and actions on all aspects of the polity with his team.
94.    GMB was the only Head of state that devoted and committed more that 26% of the nation’s budget to education.
95.    He is not anybody’s stooge. The third campaigners cannot claim same. Can they?
96.    GMB is well respected and recognised by the international community as a committed anti-corruption crusader.
97.    GMB discouraged drug trafficking when he was Head of state. The menace increased when he left office but will be banished again.
98.    He is ready and willing to bring back confidence to Nigeria’s economy by tackling headlong the problems of insecurity and lack of infrastructure.
99.    GMB is the answer to our problems now because he understands them and knows how to tackle them. The PDP is completely bereft of any idea on how to  move our nation forward.
100. GMB He is the epitome of sincerity, honour, and integrity and will keep his promise to Nigerians, unlike those who cannot even keep a gentleman’s agreement in their party.
101. GMB IS THE ANSWER BECAUSE ONCE AGAIN NIGERIANS NEED HELP.

BY OBORO ANDAOLOTU
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Nobody: 8:43pm On Apr 09, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vZjL58yrys

Counting. . . Nigerian Style   grin  grin
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by kaycee0604(m): 8:47pm On Apr 09, 2011
The reschedule National Assembly elections held in Anambra with few candidates including Dr Chris Ngige of the ACN and his House of Reps counter part in the Anaocha/Njikoka/Dunukofia Federal Constituency Ferdinand Dozie Nwankwo and parties showing promises and hopes in the early results declared at the various polling centres.

There was observed general apathy in the turnout of voters as most voters who had returned home from their bases last week failed to show up again yesterday.

Also at the Mgbakwu ward, Awka North council discovered that the African Liberation Party (ALP) was not on the ballot papers. This nearly marred the accreditation and voting proceses by the party’s candidate, Princess Kate Ojinika Egwu, who is running for the Awka Federal Constituency until she was pacified by the soothing words of her party’s national chairman, Chief Osita Okereke.
At the wards and polling centres monitored by the Guardian at Kindergarten Primary School Abagana Ward 111 Accord Party polled 19 for Senate and 12 for Reps, ACN 70 for Senate, and 81 for Reps; APGA 76 for Senate and 61 for Reps. At polling Book 11 of Abagana Ward 111, Accord’s polled 17 for Reps and 21 for Senate while ACN polled 64 for Reps and 61 for the Senate. APGA polled 51 for Reps and 54 for Senate and PDP polled 21 for Reps and 31 for Senate.

This centre had 573 registered voters while only 262 were accredited to vote. Enugu Ukwu Ward 1 APGA (Senate) 35-Reps 16 PDP (Senate) 7, Reps 5 and CAN (Senate) 97 and Reps 130 while Accord polled 16 for Senate and 4 for Reps.

On the mix-up over the omission of the ALP logo on the ballot paper, the Supervising officer for INEC in the Mbaukwu area, Mr. Ezene Chijioke said he would write a formal report to the Electoral Officer in charge of the area for consideration, the overall picture of the results show that no votes were recorded or polled by ALP as Egwu’s supporters went home sad when they could not see her party’s name as expected.

The top scores included APGA (Senate) 57 Reps 49; PDP (Senate) 23 Reps 31; ACN (Senate 17 Reps 24 while the ALP (Senate) 14 Reps NIL. The Anambra Commissioner for Agriculture Chief Goddy Ezenagu who voted alongside his wife, commended the peaceful conduct of proceeding, without rancour.

He commended the electorate and INEC for the peaceful conduct and pray that all the remaining elections be as peaceful. The embattled Egwu said she was sad and would be going to Abuja Hq. of INEC early morning Monday for formal report.

With the general trend already shown within the Anambra Central Senatorial Zone Dr. Chris Ngige look good to carrying the day. While Mr. Dozie Nwankwo, a new breed who had all along played behind the scene looks good to replacing Mrs. Uche Ekwunife in the Anaocha/Njikoka/Dunukofia Fed. Constituency seat in the past fifteen years touched the lives of citizens in all communities in the area in various ways. He has free medical scheme that operates every quarter, Keke NAPEP, Football talent hunt, Micro credit, widowhood support, skill acquisition, scholarships etc.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by kaycee0604(m): 8:48pm On Apr 09, 2011
Ogun State:

*. House Speaker Dimeji Bankole (PDP) has lost his bid to return to the Federal House of Representatives.

* Former President Olusegun Obasanjo fails to deliver his ward to the PDP.

* Senator Iyabo Obasanjo-Bello loses Senate race.

* ACN overwhelmes PDP in Ogun State NASS election.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by 9ijaMan: 8:50pm On Apr 09, 2011
Senate Ward 12 Obio-Akpo
CPC-86
PDP-76
ACN-12
APGA-5
APN-2
PAC-1
Others nil. Result obtained from a friend.

Even in GEJ's backyard, PDP is getting whooped.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by IFELEKE(m): 8:52pm On Apr 09, 2011
@kaycee,you mean Ife people defied their "enfant terrible"? The man is a goner then because Ijeshas voted massively against him. . .u've got any news on Obokun/Oriade Fed Const.?
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by ajiifixing(m): 8:54pm On Apr 09, 2011
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by thunder74(m): 8:55pm On Apr 09, 2011
election counting, our community way
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Zo_UEuYK6U
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by kaycee0604(m): 8:57pm On Apr 09, 2011
Ede South Ward 3 Unit 2: Senatorial Result ACN - 6 , PDP - 24, AP - 2. House of Rep ACN - 11, PDP - 24, AP - 11.

Ede South Ward 3 Unit 9: Senatorial Result ACN -47 , PDP - 60, AP - 2. House of Rep ACN - 57, PDP - 22, AP - 20.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Wadeoye(m): 8:57pm On Apr 09, 2011
Imagine CPC scoring more than PDP in some polling units in Lagos. Next week will be very interesting - I can see CPC surprising the nation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (44) (Reply)

IPOB Supporters Donate Cow Named ‘Buhari’ To Nnamdi Kanu (Photo) / Tompolo Reappears After Over 6 Years In Exile / Timothy Owoeye Caught Bathing In Osun Market Ahead Of Election (Photos, video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.