Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,168 members, 7,936,604 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 05:32 PM

Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) (19841 Views)

Benin Ore Road During OBJ Admin And GEJ Admin (pic) / Nightmares On Benin-ore Road Before Goodluck's Tenure; See What GEJ Has Done! / The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by code9(m): 1:25pm On Apr 13, 2011
some people in Nigeria are so under-educated that their sense of logical reasoning is damaged.

How can the re-construction of a road be the reason why you want to vote for GEJ?

Construction of roads, provision of electricity and water is supposed to be your fundamental human right, and not a privileged or yardstick to access ones performance.

We should consider more critical aspects like; tackling of Corruption and Accountability of revenues and expenditures by these so-called God-sent snake-in-the-monkey-shadow politicians.

You'll be surprised if they tell you how much has been pumped into that road in the last 12 yrs! PDP should kiss my black African ASS kiss
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by PapaBrowne(m): 1:30pm On Apr 13, 2011
^^^^^
Very warped form of reasoning!!!

So construction of roads is a fundamental human right and tackling of corruption and accountability are not Hmmm!!!

Can I ask you which of these two are responsible for Fashola's popularity?? Is it construction of roads or tackling corruption To the best of my knowledge, Fashola hasn't tackled corruption, so can you tell my why a vote for him is in the right direction??

GEJ is doing the right thing by fixing our roads, revamping the rails, getting the power sector right!! There is no vacancy in Aso Rock and only last saturday, the people spoke in one loud voice- They have rejected Buhari's CPC and accepted Jonathan's PDP!!
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by booboo79: 1:35pm On Apr 13, 2011
@papabrowne
which pple spoke in 1 voice? you n ur cohorts

wake up broda, and think
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by jason2010(m): 1:53pm On Apr 13, 2011
Omo_Tier1:

Are you all not tired of this PDP government patch work? Benin-Ore road was awarded by Obasanjo via then minister of work Mr. tony Anenih for a whooping 30bn naira for expansion and complete dualization. This contract never saw the light of the day and to date no one know the where about of that money. Following the massive out cry, this same despotic PDP government re-awarded the contract to Reynolds Construction Company, RCC but RCC failed to deliver citing security as the main reason. The PDP led government thereafter decided to resurface only the failed portions of that road.
If this is what pro-GEJ are celebrating, then NNigeria has a long way to go! That road is a major economic road that any sensible government would give priority attention to hence the reason Oshiomhole is expanding the new lagos road-uselu-ugbowo axis to two main lanes with an adjoining.

To say the obvious, that road resurfacing by RCC would last only a year and lo en behold some portions betweeb Okada and Ugbogui has already began to tear up. To the casual motorist this may not be so obvious especially if your privious experience on that road has been a nightmare.

For all I care, partisan politics apart, this patch work is nothing to glory in instead the government should be pressurized to fully dualized that road with four lanes on both sides.

Omo_tier, the contract was 300 billion naira, not 30 billion naira. By the way, I agree with you with the patch patch on that road because that road was still a hot mess when I travelled to the east in February. Particularly the part between Akure and Efosu, and knowing and considering the 9ja factor, there is no way there could have been a drastic improvement in a couple of months. So I just wish some of our fellow nairalanders would take a trip on the road before they start giving credit
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by booboo79: 2:06pm On Apr 13, 2011
PDP is like a leper,
Yoruba call it eteee, while Hausa name it kuturu
It means dont touch, isolate and outcast.

you dont want to associate yourslf with them(all they undestand his their inviduals pockets). They always come with different covert stories during elections periods, sweet talking about 1 nigeria. After elections, they are gone to return in 4years.

My pity only goes to all their fans n supporters both on NL n nationwide, cos you are not going to get naaadaa from them. you will only vote for them to slave for them for the next 4 years!!!! grin

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh!!
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by Arosa(m): 2:44pm On Apr 13, 2011
Yes o! the road is good now. lipsrsealed

Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by FKseun(m): 2:49pm On Apr 13, 2011
I will only make one proclamation:

IT SHALL NOT BE WELL WITH ALL THOSE THAT ARE TOYING & LYING ABOUT THE STATE OF THE BENIN-ORE ROAD!
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by booboo79: 3:10pm On Apr 13, 2011
PDP is not the party but GEJ is the right man… Hmmmh! I laughed
So, what has GEJ done in 10mths to prove that he is the right man?

•Stable Fuel Supply @ N65 Nationwide? But do u know that billions of naira went down the drain to do this when we cld have use a qtr of it to repair the refineries?
Libya is under fire, Nigeria is the new international bride in crude export. We make N42 daily on these oil exports and it’s not showing in you and I. why? because the same money is channeled to exportation of PMS to achieve the so called stable fuel supply

•Security is the worst we have had in 12 years. We now sleep with 1 eye cos of kidnappers and bomb throwers. The quality of a shepherd is to protect its flocks from the dangers of the wolves. Has GEJ done that? NO. So what makes him the rit man?

•One of the basic amenities provided to citizens by its govt is electricity. 12 yrs running, no show and we are being told to wait till 2015. Is this electricity generation that hard? If Ghana can do it why is it taking ages in Nigeria? 6000MW was promised in Dec 2010. Not achieved n definitely not in 2015.

•Most NL commentators are either out of job, w/o jobs or their present jobs not bringing enough to the table (my apology n no disrespect). But the truth is that when r you going to get the decent job or when is the govt going to support you? 2mrw, 2015, 2020? I don’t know. Millions wrote NNPC test last month for slots meant for 1000 people only, and you say we shld trust these Peedeepee

Don’t isolate GEJ out of PDP. Show me ur friends and I will tell who you are. Wolves in sheep clothings.

I rest my case; because I’m tired n my spirit is weak. Tired in trying to let my fellow citizens realized that elections are not tea parties but serious biz. They are not abt emotions; they are devoid of religions and tribalism. They are not about who has ruled for many years but who will take us to the promise land

As for me and my household, we wont continue to do the same thing that we have been doing for 12years and still expect change in our lives……,
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by booboo79: 3:12pm On Apr 13, 2011
PDP is not the party but GEJ is the right man… Hmmmh! I laughed
So, what has GEJ done in 10mths to prove that he is the right man?

•Stable Fuel Supply @ N65 Nationwide? But do u know that billions of naira went down the drain to do this when we cld have use a qtr of it to repair the refineries?
Libya is under fire, Nigeria is the new international bride in crude export. We make N42bn daily on these oil exports and it’s not showing in you and I. why? because the same money is channeled to exportation of PMS to achieve the so called stable fuel supply

•Security is the worst we have had in 12 years. We now sleep with 1 eye cos of kidnappers and bomb throwers. The quality of a shepherd is to protect its flocks from the dangers of the wolves. Has GEJ done that? NO. So what makes him the rit man?

•One of the basic amenities provided to citizens by its govt is electricity. 12 yrs running, no show and we are being told to wait till 2015. Is this electricity generation that hard? If Ghana can do it why is it taking ages in Nigeria? 6000MW was promised in Dec 2010. Not achieved n definitely not in 2015.

•Most NL commentators are either out of job, w/o jobs or their present jobs not bringing enough to the table (my apology n no disrespect). But the truth is that when r you going to get the decent job or when is the govt going to support you? 2mrw, 2015, 2020? I don’t know. Millions wrote NNPC test last month for slots meant for 1000 people only, and you say we shld trust these Peedeepee

Don’t isolate GEJ out of PDP. Show me ur friends and I will tell who you are. Wolves in sheep clothings.

I rest my case; because I’m tired n my spirit is weak. Tired in trying to let my fellow citizens realized that elections are not tea parties but serious biz. They are not abt emotions; they are devoid of religions and tribalism. They are not about who has ruled for many years but who will take us to the promise land

As for me and my household, we wont continue to do the same thing that we have been doing for 12years and still expect change in our lives……,
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by Nobody: 3:14pm On Apr 13, 2011
I'm with FKseun on this matter.

As at today, the rating of that road compared to the Benin bye-pass or Benin-Warri road is only about 45%. Sincerely, we dont have the least cause to celebrate. If you dont drive a jeep, SUV or a company's car, a trip on that road cause Nigerian car owners pain, since you are for sure doing damage to your car.

This same government a while ago gave out Lagos - Ibadan expressway to an international firm to manage. Specifically, you need to drive from Ibadan to Lagos (the other way round is slightly better) and you'll agree with me that accidents should be happening on that road every hour, if not for God's mercies
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by dearmi: 3:26pm On Apr 13, 2011
[color=#000099][/color]JONA JONA HE IS THE MAN WEDA UNA LIKE AM OR NOT HE IS DESTINED TO RULE.

RELAX HATERS HE WILL LEAVE ASO ROCK WHEN HE IS DONE, COPY DAT.
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by dearmi: 3:28pm On Apr 13, 2011
[color=#000099][/color]JONA JONA HE IS THE MAN WEDA UNA LIKE AM OR NOT HE IS DESTINED TO RULE.

RELAX HATERS HE WILL LEAVE ASO ROCK WHEN HE IS DONE, COPY DAT.
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by yesir: 3:41pm On Apr 13, 2011
since the era of chief Anenih till date, how long will it take PDP to complete the road? do not just showcase as if it were a new project awarded within the current political dispensation, SAME TO PDP
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by princeonx: 3:59pm On Apr 13, 2011
Come-on people are you guys serious? asking someone for pictures of a fixed road? How many miles pictures do you want him to post? A little fix is better than those death traps we call roads in naija even though I know they will be washed out by the first three rain fall due to cheap material.
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by jamesugo: 4:05pm On Apr 13, 2011
If fixed, tribute to GEJ.
For many years, this road has been a death trap.
I can now travel at ease.
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by funken: 4:28pm On Apr 13, 2011
Please stop insulting our collective intelligence with this type of post. Resurfacing is different from rebuilding!!! How old is the road?? I am not a student of history but i am sure that road is definitely more than 20 years old (conservative estimate). I was abroad sometime ago and i saw them reconstructing a major highway, which they said had come to the end of its useful life (which was about 30yrs). Believe me this highway made Benin Ore and Lagos Ibadan look like mere bush paths!!!

How many times have they fixed this road on paper? Where did the money go to? Yes he has 'fixed' it and made it passable, but considering the importance of this road to the ecomomy and how much that has been budgeted and "SPENT" on it, , pleaaaasssssseeee, i expect more,
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by otokx(m): 5:04pm On Apr 13, 2011
Talk is cheap, the roads are still in a bad shape and the rains are yet to start. Benin to Warri is manageable but Warri to Port Harcourt is a different kettle of fish.
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by PapaBrowne(m): 5:08pm On Apr 13, 2011
funken:

Please stop insulting our collective intelligence with this type of post. Resurfacing is different from rebuilding!!! How old is the road?? I am not a student of history but i am sure that road is definitely more than 20 years old (conservative estimate). I was abroad sometime ago and i saw them reconstructing a major highway, which they said had come to the end of its useful life (which was about 30yrs). Believe me this highway made Benin Ore and Lagos Ibadan look like mere bush paths!!!

How many times have they fixed this road on paper? Where did the money go to? Yes he has 'fixed' it and made it passable, but considering the importance of this road to the ecomomy and how much that has been budgeted and "SPENT" on it, , pleaaaasssssseeee, i expect more,

@Funken
Yes I also expect more, but I'm no ignoramus, so I expect it to be made passable first so people can stop dying on it, before it would be reconstructed!! If they have to start reconstruction today, it would take at least 4 years even in America to complete, so where do you expect passengers to use in the period of the reconstruction.

We have to be realistic please. This road was a death trap for ages. I remember twice travelling through that road. Because there was an immense hold up, vehicles were passing thru a bush road. We joined on the bush road and there was a huge hold up in the bush for over 5km where we stayed for hours! If you ever experienced the horror on that road, then you will commend a man who just got here 10 months ago and suddenly the road is passable. I rode past last week and we did Benin- Lagos in 3hrs cruising at something like 150km per hr with little or no hindrance!! That was impossible 6 months ago!!

The fact that you hate Jonathan doesn't take away from the fact that the road has been improved immensely!
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by otokx(m): 5:12pm On Apr 13, 2011
You were cruising at 150km/h at the good portions; did you see all the plenty police and custom stops? Did you pass the Warri - Port Harcourt route? D
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by deor03(m): 5:14pm On Apr 13, 2011
PapaBrowne:

I rode past last week and we did Benin- Lagos in 3hrs cruising at something like 150km per hr with little or no hindrance!

You are supposed to be arrested for attempting suicide.
Your life is too precious for us , you have no right to play with it that way !
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by Beaf: 5:17pm On Apr 13, 2011
PapaBrowne:

@Funken
Yes I also expect more, but I'm no ignoramus, so I expect it to be made passable first so people can stop dying on it, before it would be reconstructed!! If they have to start reconstruction today, it would take at least 4 years even in America to complete, so where do you expect passengers to use in the period of the reconstruction.

We have to be realistic please. This road was a death trap for ages. I remember twice travelling through that road. Because there was an immense hold up, vehicles were passing thru a bush road. We joined on the bush road and there was a huge hold up in the bush for over 5km where we stayed for hours! If you ever experienced the horror on that road, then you will commend a man who just got here 10 months ago and suddenly the road is passable. I rode past last week and we did Benin- Lagos in 3hrs cruising at something like 150km per hr with little or no hindrance!! That was impossible 6 months ago!!

The fact that you hate Jonathan doesn't take away from the fact that the road has been improved immensely!

Thats true, I somersaulted at a place on that road called Oniparaga. Anything done to make that road better is welcomed with open arms.
I recall posting about two months ago that the contract to fix the road had been signed and the very same naysayers claimed it would never happen. In fact, the next day, there was a counter thread saying govt announced a contract whereas Julius Berger claimed not to have signed. Two months later, and we know better.

Well done GEJ.
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by PapaBrowne(m): 5:18pm On Apr 13, 2011
otokx:

Talk is cheap, the roads are still in a bad shape and the rains are yet to start. Benin to Warri is manageable but Warri to Port Harcourt is a different kettle of fish.

Benin to Warri is manageable Haba Otokx?? That road is the best there is in Nigeria. I lived overseas for donkey years and I can tell you categorically that the Benin Warri road is comparable to the average dual carraige road available in America or Europe!! The ongoing  Dualization of Warri Port Harcourt has increased in tempo. Benin Ore is smooth again. These are some of the most important roads in Nigeria and with just 10 months on the saddle we are seeing all these roads coming back to life!!

otokx:

You were cruising at 150km/h at the good portions; did you see all the plenty police and custom stops? Did you pass the Warri - Port Harcourt route? D
We cruised at that speed on the Benin Ore section. There are no checkpoints on the way to Lag, its only when you are returning you see checkpoints. On Warri-Benin you can do 200km per hr if you fit, the only wahala is the number of checkpoints. Warri-PH is not yet smooth but the dualization is on top gear compared to before Jonathan came to power!!
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by PapaBrowne(m): 5:21pm On Apr 13, 2011
Beaf:

Thats true, I somersaulted at a place on that road called Oniparaga. Anything done to make that road better is welcomed with open arms.
I recall posting about two months ago that the contract to fix the road had been signed and the very same naysayers claimed it would never happen. In fact, the next day, there was a counter thread saying govt announced a contract whereas Julius Berger claimed not to have signed. Two months later, and we know better.

Well done GEJ.

True that!!! The beautiful thing with Jonathan is that when a contract is signed, you can be rest assured that the job would be done!! That's what we can see from all the projects coming to fruition in such a short while!!
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by honeric01(m): 5:22pm On Apr 13, 2011
Fixed??

Is this the kind of highway Nigeria and Nigerians deserves from PDP after 12 years in office?

this patched paths is just few seconds drive, don't let them deceive you.

I posted this before, the OP must have passed this part of the road, came here shouting the road has been fixed, infact this was in January 2010 (Yaradua's era), if truly the roads have been fixed, why didn't a person that SUPPORTS PDP AND GEJ like hell stop by to take just ONE picture?

JUST ONE PICTURE? he said he couldn't because it was too sudden, that means the part he drove through must have been a patched part and not a re-constructed road/highway.

LIAR!!!

Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by enomakos(m): 5:26pm On Apr 13, 2011
post pictures
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by PapaBrowne(m): 5:31pm On Apr 13, 2011
^^^^^
^^^^^
Mr Honeric, I will probably be able to paste pictures for you later 2day!! So just chill. I said I passed the road and it has practically been fixed.  Fixing it was not what impressed me. It is the quality of fixing that impressed me.

It's amazing that you would be sad that a road that had been a death trap is finally being fixed. Thats a pathetic way to live. Lets forget the fact that its Jonathan that fixed it and lets just celebrate the fact that people would stop dying aimlessly on the road. Lets Celebrate progress, no matter where it comes from!!
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by peelovee(f): 5:32pm On Apr 13, 2011
enomakos:

post pictures

True talk
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by Exponental(m): 5:36pm On Apr 13, 2011
I havent gone tru dat road in a long time but anyone who really went tru dat road shld convince us with pix.

@Arosa, u 4got 2 change d background 2 green. Also, roads dont grow, men construct them.
it's definitely impossible 2 av a 5lane expressway constructed witout 9jas being aware
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by owobokiri(m): 5:59pm On Apr 13, 2011
Lost a friend who visited Nigeria last month on that raod. He was going to PH from Lagos and their bus had an accident at Benin. I heard over 20 people died as a result of that Just like that and he is gone. This is a road that has been under perpetual construction/reconstruction for ages. Sick.
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by teskyg: 6:07pm On Apr 13, 2011
@ Exterra 2,You are a confused slowpoke,
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by teskyg: 6:15pm On Apr 13, 2011
and Booboo79,you too. I Don"t even understand why you are angry.I am sure you have never traveled on that road before.So you wont understand the joy people are expressing to GEJ where many Government has failed.

I am sure you are one of the CPC guys, Power will never go back to the North Again.Saturday is just some few days away.Some of you can take a deep dive into the lagoon ,

It is not compulsory for us to remain one, Buhari and his followers can go and form their own republic where Milk and Honey will flow.
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by sparkle10(m): 6:26pm On Apr 13, 2011
I travelled on Benin- Ore road this past week and I was beyond impressed. The reconstruction of the road is virtually complete (just a few kilometres left) and majority of the bad spots are gone. The whole road is been totally resurfaced and the work is so well done.  I was beyond impressed at the work been done there!!
It took me about 3 hrs exact from Benin to Lagos. That is a journey that 6 months ago would have taken you at least 10 hrs on a good day and maybe 2 days on a very bad day!!

I have to give Jonathan credit for ensuring that this road that used to be a death trap is finally being fixed. Interestingly, Work on the Warri Port Harcourt road has accelerated and the quality is also very impressive. These two projects have shown that this country is moving forward under Joanthan's government.

If you have traveled this road recently, please tell us your experience!! Thanks
@poster, last March, I drove to PH travelling the road after 4yrs. I was apprehensive thinking I would spend Hrs in hold up due to bad road. My brother, I was stunned by what I saw. 70% of the road repaired and work still going on. Ughelli-PH road was a greater surprise. GEJ is really humble and not a propagandist. He does so much and yet very little. Stays focused even in d face of detractors. Since that journey, I knw I had found my president.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Another Explosion Reported In Sapele, Delta State - Sr / National Officers Ask Metuh, Secondus To Step Down / Army's Mega Fuel Station In Minna Commissioned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.