Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,243 members, 7,936,812 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 12:37 AM

Hitler's Greatest Mistake Of WW2. Summary Of The War. - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Hitler's Greatest Mistake Of WW2. Summary Of The War. (6362 Views)

Summary Of JAMB Sweet Sixteen from Chapter 1 To Chapter 7 / Summary Of Jamb Novel "Sweet Sixteen" By Bolaji Abdullai / The Summary Of 'Sweet Sixteen' By Bolaji Abdullahi. 2019 JAMB Novel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hitler's Greatest Mistake Of WW2. Summary Of The War. by revolt(m): 2:23pm On Mar 20, 2021
emae009:

in 1939, who aided Germany with the invasion of Poland? Russia. See Russia was Germany ally until after Germany occupy France but couldn't invade Britian as the British Navy was formidable. Hitler needed a stronger Navy which means more oil to power the ships. He declared war on Russia in May 1941. The war on the Soviet Union started in June 1941. And no America entered WWII in December 1941 and not 1944. You claim America is your country yet you don't know this simple facts.
Ever heard of the "Lend-Lease Act". That was America and Britian sending supplies and Resources to the Soviet Union. The war against Japan which at that time had a treaty with the Soviet Union, the war in North Africa, the liberation of Italy which were ally with Germany for much of the WWII. The thousands of air sorties that depleted and weakened the Nazis airforce. The defeat of the Nazis Navy.
I could go on and on but like I said, nobody has a monopoly on winning WWII, Hitler was defeated by a collective effort. So Oga, America did not just swoop in and take credit for the war after the fight had finished. so much for knowing your country
FIRST OF ALL, I NEVER SAID U.S GOT INTO THE WAR IN 1944..U.s joined the war in 1941 December. So we can say 1942. The Japanese war was not a a significant part of wwii perse... The real theatre was in Europe and parts of Africa. U.S was 10 times more powerful than Japan in all ramifications but we're not so experienced in war so lost a lot of resources. U.S joined the western front in 1944 ie Normandy landing where as the German machine was already depleted in eastern Europe. U.s herself as the saviour that came in and changed the tide in Europe. U.s history books make it look like there was a stalemate until u.s came in and saved the day. The truth is before the Normandy landings Russia was marching to liberated western Europe and marching to Berlin.
Re: Hitler's Greatest Mistake Of WW2. Summary Of The War. by revolt(m): 2:31pm On Mar 20, 2021
emae009:

half truth doesn't help in a good post like this. If Russia won WWII, who defeated the Germans from the sea, who defeated them from the air?. How was Germany pushed back from France and western Europe all the way back to Germany? or are you saying Russia somehow circumvent Eastern Europe to get the western part to push back the Germans?
You may not like America that's fine, a lot of people don't either, but the truth whether you choose to deliberately ignore it or not is that WWII was won by a collective effort
i didn't say Russia won wwii..... I said USSR had already depleted the German war machine.before allied forces came in. In fact the allied forces were hoping Hitler would destroy the Soviet union and deplete it's forces there. They didn't care how many ussr lives would be lost.
Re: Hitler's Greatest Mistake Of WW2. Summary Of The War. by emae009(m): 5:13pm On Mar 20, 2021
revolt:
FIRST OF ALL, I NEVER SAID U.S GOT INTO THE WAR IN 1944..U.s joined the war in 1941 December. So we can say 1942. The Japanese war was not a a significant part of wwii perse... The real theatre was in Europe and parts of Africa. U.S was 10 times more powerful than Japan in all ramifications but we're not so experienced in war so lost a lot of resources. U.S joined the western front in 1944 ie Normandy landing where as the German machine was already depleted in eastern Europe. U.s herself as the saviour that came in and changed the tide in Europe. U.s history books make it look like there was a stalemate until u.s came in and saved the day. The truth is before the Normandy landings Russia was marching to liberated western Europe and marching to Berlin.

"Russia won most of wwii....U.s came in when Germany had been decimated. U.s was no match for the German war machine. Most of today's engineering came from the German war machine. Damn..." - that's what you said incase you have forgotten.
"US came in when Germany had been decimated" - wasn't that 1944? yet you said you didn't say US join the war in 1944.
Like I said the first time before you keep jumping around, half truth doesn't help.
I keep asking who decimated the German airforce? you haven't answered. Who decimated the German Navy? You haven't answered. Germany, Italy, USSR, Japan were all allies at the start in 1939 via various treaties. Yet you say the war against Japan wasn't important or was it not during WWII? so why did the Soviet Union declare war on Japan after Germany surrender?
North Africa? you brush it off.
Liberation of Italy? you brush it off.
Read your history books again, when D-Day happened, USSR were fighting in Poland, they haven't gotten to Czechslovakia yet.
Soviet Union lost the most personnels because their philosophy was to win by shear strength or numerical advantage. The Americans and Britian (other half of the Allied forces) prefer to fight strategically.

Coming to your last point. How does Russia history books portray the D-Day invasion Very minimal like an afterthought. So in your mind, you expect the US or Britain that want to impire their future generations about their heroic in WWII to leave out the sacrifices of their own men and be talking about the Battle of Stalingrad? common sense dude.
Re: Hitler's Greatest Mistake Of WW2. Summary Of The War. by revolt(m): 6:22am On Mar 21, 2021
emae009:

"Russia won most of wwii....U.s came in when Germany had been decimated. U.s was no match for the German war machine. Most of today's engineering came from the German war machine. Damn..." - that's what you said incase you have forgotten.
"US came in when Germany had been decimated" - wasn't that 1944? yet you said you didn't say US join the war in 1944.
Like I said the first time before you keep jumping around, half truth doesn't help.
I keep asking who decimated the German airforce? you haven't answered. Who decimated the German Navy? You haven't answered. Germany, Italy, USSR, Japan were all allies at the start in 1939 via various treaties. Yet you say the war against Japan wasn't important or was it not during WWII? so why did the Soviet Union declare war on Japan after Germany surrender?
North Africa? you brush it off.
Liberation of Italy? you brush it off.
Read your history books again, when D-Day happened, USSR were fighting in Poland, they haven't gotten to Czechslovakia yet.
Soviet Union lost the most personnels because their philosophy was to win by shear strength or numerical advantage. The Americans and Britian (other half of the Allied forces) prefer to fight strategically.

Coming to your last point. How does Russia history books portray the D-Day invasion Very minimal like an afterthought. So in your mind, you expect the US or Britain that want to impire their future generations about their heroic in WWII to leave out the sacrifices of their own men and be talking about the Battle of Stalingrad? common sense dude.
The Luftwaffe Qs as decimated by a combination of allied forces, especially British spitfire and the Russian migs(if I'm correct). The Germsns had very few ships abd a large fleet of U-boats which dominated the seas till around early 1944. They were simply out produced by allied forced ie outnumbered. The AXIS forces were mere appendages of the German war machine. Italy even had a hard time defeating north Africa, could hardly hild territories they captured and were no match for any allied force press.
You make it sound like Ussr had no strategy fighting... You are very wrong. Ussr was left to battle the German war machine alone whom they were caught unawares by Hitler. Once they were able to prep themselves and gather their army....errrmmm plus id say....with divine help (THE COLDEST WINTER EVER TO HIT THERE), Germany was sent on the retreat till the end of the war.
Now my point is you cannot compare the resources, man power and time invested by ussr to the u.s. Every historian knows American tanks, ships, planes were no where comparable to any European powers weapons until they began to capture German weapons.
. U.s military were not half as experienced as other soldiers and were unnecessarily expensively dressed, expended more ammunition than necessary and recorded heavy casualties than every opponent they faced.... The ratio at which U.S recorded casualties with the depleted German war machine and an already worn out /demoralised axis army it's a little interesting to wonder what would have happened if u.s had joined the war in 1939... Maybe a repeat of wwi in 1916...Perhaps there might not have been a U.S today.
In a nutshell all parties fought gallantly but no one should compare the sacrifice and role played by the Ussr to U.S in wwii. If not for USSR I doubt Hitler would have been conquered.... Ofvos we know nobody was a match for germany., even Britain.
Re: Hitler's Greatest Mistake Of WW2. Summary Of The War. by emae009(m): 7:21am On Mar 21, 2021
revolt:
The Luftwaffe Qs as decimated by a combination of allied forces, especially British spitfire and the Russian migs(if I'm correct). The Germsns had very few ships abd a large fleet of U-boats which dominated the seas till around early 1944. They were simply out produced by allied forced ie outnumbered. The AXIS forces were mere appendages of the German war machine. Italy even had a hard time defeating north Africa, could hardly hild territories they captured and were no match for any allied force press.
You make it sound like Ussr had no strategy fighting... You are very wrong. Ussr was left to battle the German war machine alone whom they were caught unawares by Hitler. Once they were able to prep themselves and gather their army....errrmmm plus id say....with divine help (THE COLDEST WINTER EVER TO HIT THERE), Germany was sent on the retreat till the end of the war.
Now my point is you cannot compare the resources, man power and time invested by ussr to the u.s. Every historian knows American tanks, ships, planes were no where comparable to any European powers weapons until they began to capture German weapons.
. U.s military were not half as experienced as other soldiers and were unnecessarily expensively dressed, expended more ammunition than necessary and recorded heavy casualties than every opponent they faced.... The ratio at which U.S recorded casualties with the depleted German war machine and an already worn out /demoralised axis army it's a little interesting to wonder what would have happened if u.s had joined the war in 1939... Maybe a repeat of wwi in 1916...Perhaps there might not have been a U.S today.
In a nutshell all parties fought gallantly but no one should compare the sacrifice and role played by the Ussr to U.S in wwii. If not for USSR I doubt Hitler would have been conquered.... Ofvos we know nobody was a match for germany., even Britain.

more and more it's seems you just want the attention to say the same thing over and over again like a broken record.
Nobody was a match for Germany even Britain yet the Germans never came 5 miles close to Britain. USSR was unaware of the Germans Give a break, someone declare a war on you and you are taken by surprise when they attack you? are you kidding? USSR fought the Germans and lost at the very beginning, the Germans were so sure they'd capture Moscow that Hitler postpone the attack and instead send divisions to capture the oil fields which was his main target. Without the winter that came, Moscow was being rained down on with bombs. Even the Stalingrad was this close to being capture that Stalin had to sign a decree "Defend Stalingrad or die". The winter turned the war in favor of the Soviet Union.
In our first encounter, I didn't have to know you to know you have some deep down hatred for anything American. Who defeated the Germans in air? You said the Allied forces but kept out the Americans same thing in the sea but America was one of the Allied force which truly shows your intention from the very beginning. The resources alone the Americans contributed to the Allied forces is enough for them to brag even if they didn't enter the war.
While the Soviet Union were fighting in Stalingrad, Berlin was being bombarded with ordinances. I guess in your little world, it's the Russian Migs that flew all the way to do that.
After seeing what your intention is I see no need to engage you anymore so as a piece of advise, take it or leave it, Read accounts all the WWII from all the countries involved so you get overview picture of the whole war and not looking from the Soviet Union perspective and crying foul about how Hollywood doesn't show you that. Even the French Resistance that fought after France was occupied, their own of the war is in a way praising the French spirit of never giving up.
Yet all your wailing is about how American history doesn't glorify Soviets account of the war. Like for real?? who does that??

1 Like

Re: Hitler's Greatest Mistake Of WW2. Summary Of The War. by revolt(m): 4:53pm On Mar 21, 2021
emae009:

more and more it's seems you just want the attention to say the same thing over and over again like a broken record.
Nobody was a match for Germany even Britain yet the Germans never came 5 miles close to Britain. USSR was unaware of the Germans Give a break, someone declare a war on you and you are taken by surprise when they attack you? are you kidding? USSR fought the Germans and lost at the very beginning, the Germans were so sure they'd capture Moscow that Hitler postpone the attack and instead send divisions to capture the oil fields which was his main target. Without the winter that came, Moscow was being rained down on with bombs. Even the Stalingrad was this close to being capture that Stalin had to sign a decree "Defend Stalingrad or die". The winter turned the war in favor of the Soviet Union.
In our first encounter, I didn't have to know you to know you have some deep down hatred for anything American. Who defeated the Germans in air? You said the Allied forces but kept out the Americans same thing in the sea but America was one of the Allied force which truly shows your intention from the very beginning. The resources alone the Americans contributed to the Allied forces is enough for them to brag even if they didn't enter the war.
While the Soviet Union were fighting in Stalingrad, Berlin was being bombarded with ordinances. I guess in your little world, it's the Russian Migs that flew all the way to do that.
After seeing what your intention is I see no need to engage you anymore so as a piece of advise, take it or leave it, Read accounts all the WWII from all the countries involved so you get overview picture of the whole war and not looking from the Soviet Union perspective and crying foul about how Hollywood doesn't show you that. Even the French Resistance that fought after France was occupied, their own of the war is in a way praising the French spirit of never giving up.
Yet all your wailing is about how American history doesn't glorify Soviets account of the war. Like for real?? who does that??
oga first I don't debate ppl that attach emotions to debates... If you can't make a point without insult then shove it up your ass. You probably haven't even read Germanys account of wwii....its interesting to note that even German historians point out the fact that Germany's mistake was going to war with the Soviets. The soviets we're responsible for the military decimation of the German war machine.... the allied forces bombed cities and civilians but weren't responsible for decimating the German war machine.
Charles de Gaulles guerilla tactics had no strong effect on the Kaiser's occupation of France. It was significant in supplying info for the Normandy landing but this has never been the argument.
We were devating whose efforts amongst all the allied forces, led to the direct decimation of the German war machine. ...goodbye.
Re: Hitler's Greatest Mistake Of WW2. Summary Of The War. by emae009(m): 5:26pm On Mar 21, 2021
revolt:
oga first I don't debate ppl that attach emotions to debates... If you can't make a point without insult then shove it up your ass. You probably haven't even read Germanys account of wwii....its interesting to note that even German historians point out the fact that Germany's mistake was going to war with the Soviets. The soviets we're responsible for the military decimation of the German war machine.... the allied forces bombed cities and civilians but weren't responsible for decimating the German war machine.
Charles de Gaulles guerilla tactics had no strong effect on the Kaiser's occupation of France. It was significant in supplying info for the Normandy landing but this has never been the argument.
We were devating whose efforts amongst all the allied forces, led to the direct decimation of the German war machine. ...goodbye.

you keep going on and on and on about German war machines. The U boats, their destroyers, Their bombers, their fighter jets were they not war machines. The fortications and defense of France against the Allied invasion was it not done with the war machines or were they fighting karate over their.
Hitler mistakes wasn't fighting the Soviet Union, his first mistake was not taking Moscow when it was right there for the taking. The second was the battle of Stalingrad, the city had no significant yet he spend resources to capture it all because it bears the name of Stalin at that time.
so Oga rest. There's no emotions over here, I've been dismantling your propaganda since first page, if you're not tired, I am.
Re: Hitler's Greatest Mistake Of WW2. Summary Of The War. by revolt(m): 5:47pm On Mar 21, 2021
emae009:

you keep going on and on and on about German war machines. The U boats, their destroyers, Their bombers, their fighter jets were they not war machines. The fortications and defense of France against the Allied invasion was it not done with the war machines or were they fighting karate over their.
Hitler mistakes wasn't fighting the Soviet Union, his first mistake was not taking Moscow when it was right there for the taking. The second was the battle of Stalingrad, the city had no significant yet he spend resources to capture it all because it bears the name of Stalin at that time.
so Oga rest. There's no emotions over here, I've been dismantling your propaganda since first page, if you're not tired, I am.
lol if you don't know what the GERMAN WAR MACHINE means then you are not grounded in that part of history. Let me help you... In wwii context the German what machine doesn't refer to tanks ships planes etc it refers to both policies, propaganda, military strategy/ resources that was put in place to establish the German empire.. Any historian that has read books knows it's a semi euphemism for Germany's wwii foreign policy. These are little hints to know how well someone is grounded in wwii history books. Anyways your opinions are yours. .open mind to other sources of history esp the axis nations accounts.
Re: Hitler's Greatest Mistake Of WW2. Summary Of The War. by gnykelly(m): 10:11pm On Mar 30, 2021
Hitler was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize in 1939.
Re: Hitler's Greatest Mistake Of WW2. Summary Of The War. by gnykelly(m): 10:20pm On Mar 30, 2021
Hitler and Napolean both had only one testicle. grin
Re: Hitler's Greatest Mistake Of WW2. Summary Of The War. by HabaHaba: 2:45pm On Apr 18, 2021
nnamdiosu:

He was empowered spiritually by evil, that was why he had so much outstanding victories.

Infact if you look carefully and study the events of ww2, you'll notice that it wasn't just normal war. By all standards, Hitler should have won. He had only uk to contend with, even France had being occupied.

He had unlimited money and man power to fight, great inventions etc. Infact, he was in a race to even invent the atomic bomb.

But just a smallll mistake. And he lost. FUNNY ENOUGH, HITLER ISNT FROM GERMANY O. IMAGINE

Seriously?!!!! So, where is he originally from Please share
Re: Hitler's Greatest Mistake Of WW2. Summary Of The War. by nnamdiosu(m): 2:48pm On Apr 18, 2021
HabaHaba:

Seriously?!!!! So, where is he originally from Please share

Austria

1 Like

Re: Hitler's Greatest Mistake Of WW2. Summary Of The War. by Nobody: 8:10pm On May 26, 2021
Someone should write about the Nigeria Biafra war.
Re: Hitler's Greatest Mistake Of WW2. Summary Of The War. by beauty7: 9:54pm On Aug 25, 2021
Re: Hitler's Greatest Mistake Of WW2. Summary Of The War. by mysticwarrior(m): 7:36pm On Dec 06, 2021
Henrodah:

Pains me how the US take glory for ww2, after 50million russians perished protecting the world from the megalomaniac Fuhrer. The speech given by Stalin during the german invasion with his heavy Georgian accent, is one of the greatest speeches ever, but since they don't have HOLLYWOOD, people won't know the significance. The Hunters from Siberia finish work during the great battles of russia.
you are very correct bro, it was the Russian defeat of the German army that really ended world war 2, the siberian divisions of the soviet army fought like crazy bears under the harshest winter and crippled the German will to fight further.

Field marshal paulous had to surrender with about 91,000 soldiers left in his command, the defeat was colossal.
Re: Hitler's Greatest Mistake Of WW2. Summary Of The War. by Henrodah(m): 8:02am On Dec 07, 2021
mysticwarrior:
you are very correct bro, it was the Russian defeat of the German army that really ended world war 2, the siberian divisions of the soviet army fought like crazy bears under the harshest winter and crippled the German will to fight further.

Field marshal paulous had to surrender with about 91,000 soldiers left in his command, the defeat was colossal.

Field marshal Paulus was an honorable man sha. German Russian expliots during ww2 , too dey sweet me to read Kai, basically it was the capital of the war. The pacific theater really don't interest me very much.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Neco Gce Certificate / Pkease What's The Diffrence Between Session And Semester / Achieve Superior Score In IELTS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.