Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,225 members, 7,936,781 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 11:05 PM

Can Anyone Be A Director In My Company? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can Anyone Be A Director In My Company? (138 Views)

Airtel Africa Discloses A Director Profile To Prevent Insider Abuse / How To Remove A Director From A Corporate Legal Entity / Oyeyimika Adeboye, Cadbury Nigeria First Female Managing Director In 50 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can Anyone Be A Director In My Company? by BusinessLegal: 8:24am On May 28, 2021
Generally, companies are at liberty to appoint whomever they elect to serve as directors in their company, particularly private companies. However, the Companies and Allied Matters Act expressly disqualifies certain people from holding the position of a director in a company. These disqualifying factors are laid out in Section 283 thus:

(a) an infant (a person under the age of 18 years);

(b) a lunatic or person of unsound mind;

(c) a person suspended or removed upon the expiration of his directorship term;

(d) Insolvent person or persons that have been found guilty by a court of an offence involving fraud;

(e) Another Corporate body, other than its representative, appointed to the board for a given term.

It is important to note that the acts of a director are valid notwithstanding any defect that may subsequently be discovered in his appointment or qualification.

Business Legal comprises competent professionals readily available to proving bespoke professional advice and business support for your businesses. For enquires, visit our website at www.businesslegal.ng

(1) (Reply)

Guide To Remove Image Background / Contact The Heating And Cooling Companies Now To Maintain Better Health In Futur / Travel To Abroad With Ease

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.