Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,832 members, 7,889,777 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 08:10 PM

. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / . (1245 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by overloved(m): 7:02pm On May 03, 2011
Re: . by dinggle: 8:10pm On May 03, 2011
This is why they usually allow more winners over required slots. Just forget it and play again, don't expect the embassy to spend their 5mins trying to understand the blunder when there are other winners awaiting for the same opportunity. Being a winner does not automatically qualify you for a visa. Likely scenario you submit your application and you don't hear from them again. That is usually the case when a red-flag is spotted.
Re: . by overloved(m): 1:27pm On May 04, 2011
Re: . by aroy1: 2:29pm On May 04, 2011
overloved

Use the exact names that you won the lottery with in further processing as well as in your intl passport, birth certificate, and so on. This is very important. Depending on your case number, there is a fair chance that your visa interview will be in the later part of 2012. If that is the case, you are very fortunate. So use your lottery names to enroll and pass the next NECO & WAEC October-December GCE exams. These results will be out in Jan-Feb of 2012.

Go to the embassy when your interview is scheduled with all your results. You can get a letter from WAEC headquarter that attests to the mistake in the names on your present certificate. They will issue your visa based on either result.

Goodluck!
Re: . by overloved(m): 2:42pm On May 04, 2011
Re: . by aroy1: 3:53pm On May 04, 2011
overloved

Did you mean that the last 5digits of your case number is 00221? If yes, your interview is in 5months, Oct 2011, and it is impossible to write another exam. You should go to WAEC and seek their help. They should be able to do something.

But ensure that your lottery name is in all of your other documents. It is very important.

Goodluck!
Re: . by overloved(m): 4:48pm On May 04, 2011
Re: . by aroy1: 6:35pm On May 04, 2011
overloved

You might follow his advice and hope it works for you. But I think otherwise.

In regards to your last quote, why should the embassy understand? The law from Washington states that a maximum of 7% of 50,000 visas (3,500) should be granted to winners from any country. If 6,000 Nigerian selectees emerge, that is 2500 winners that will lose their money. Each unsuccessful selectee loses around 180,000NGN.

Goodluck with whatever decision you decide to take!
Re: . by overloved(m): 9:05pm On May 04, 2011
Re: . by amirize(m): 1:12am On May 05, 2011
@overload
since you have your pic on the certificate, then don't worry, it will be fine but I suggest if you can, get a letter or
attestation from Waec dully signed confirming that there was an error in your name.
The pic on your certificate proves your not lying when you tell them Waec made a mistake on your name.

Make sure your birth certificate bears the name on your lottery papers. Not affidavit of age, I mean your original
birth certificate.

God bless.
Re: . by angelo5uk(m): 4:24am On May 05, 2011
just check mine and i won,
need advice plz for those that are experienced,
kindly contact me angelo5uk@yahoo.com
my fellow brothers that won should also contat me too lets rub minds
Re: . by strangest(m): 8:19am On May 05, 2011
overloved:

Good day house
I won the dv 2012 visa lottery and I have a litttle problem that I will want the house to contributqe relevant ideas to.
There was an error on my name on my waec certificate, the name on my waec cert is different from the name on my winning notification letter from kentucky.
So my question is that how am i gonna do about it ?
Dis is a sample of how d name is ?
ChukwuEmeka linus emmanuel (d name on my cert)
emeka linus emmanuel

post your questions on this forum http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?321742-DV-2012-Applicants-and-Lucky-Winners/page10 YOU WILL BE ABLE TO GET MORE INFORMATION.
Re: . by lakesyde07: 11:30am On May 05, 2011
Hello House, Just wanted to know if the result comes in batches or once you are not selected now then one should be looking @ next yr ?
Re: . by Aderupoko2: 4:07pm On May 05, 2011
i just wanna know if result comes in batches , cos have been looking out for this so long, lollypop
Re: . by seguno2: 3:44pm On May 06, 2011
aroy1:

overloved

Did you mean that the last 5digits of your case number is 00221? If yes, your interview is in 5months, Oct 2011, and it is impossible to write another exam. You should go to WAEC and seek their help. They should be able to do something.

But ensure that your lottery name is in all of your other documents. It is very important.

Goodluck!

How did you calculate the five months for interview?
Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Visiting Dubai, Nigerians In Dubai (UAE) How Does It Look Like There? / Usa Visit Visa / America Visa Cancelled At Poe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.