Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,177 members, 7,963,867 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 08:54 PM

What To Do When I Notify My Ex Of The Divorce Case? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What To Do When I Notify My Ex Of The Divorce Case? (383 Views)

Woman In Tears As Female Lawyer Who Handled Her Divorce Case Weds Her Husband / How Can I Stop My Ex From Visiting My Matrimonial Home? / Saudi To Notify Women Of Divorce By Text Message (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What To Do When I Notify My Ex Of The Divorce Case? by sadafansari: 5:01pm On Jun 09, 2021
Once you file your initial petition for divorce or custody, it is your responsibility to “serve” the other party with a copy of the petition. This is how they are put on notice of the pending case. If you are unable to locate them, you must follow your jurisdiction’s procedures in either locating them or serving them another way. Most states will allow an alternate means for service. So instead of having the party served at a physical address, for instance, the court may allow the petitioner to place an ad in the local newspaper. The newspaper ad is considered “service by publication” as it puts the other party on notice of the suit.

[url]By Divorce Coach - The Divorce Solutionist https://thedivorcesolutionist.com/[/url]

(1) (Reply)

Simple Solution In Nigeria To The Plague Of Side Chicks And Unmarried Couples / Become A Real Estate Agent And Make Lots Of Money And Gifts Items / Court Orders EFCC To Seize Assets Of Sierra Leonean Woman, Nora Johnson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.