Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,014 members, 7,931,498 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 06:52 AM

I - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / I (405 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I by platido(m): 8:41pm On Jun 29, 2021
MUSIC POST!

I don't think the history of The 21st Century Nigerian Contemporary Gospel Music (that is, Nigerian Church Music from the 2000s) will be complete without talking about the duo: Tim Godfrey and Sunny Nweke (Masterkraft); their revolutionary approach to creating a new sound, fusing the African rhythm with the western musical ideas to birth excellent and technical music as well.

So, few days ago, I went back to listen to Tim Godfrey's "Igbo Medley" arranged and produced by "Masterkraft" and I was left in a nostalgic tunnel reminiscing and regurgitating the same feeling I had when my brother played that song for me for the first time in 2007 and 15 years after, there is no other Praise Medley by no Artiste in Nigeria and Tim himself, that can be ranked in the same category with 'Igbo Medley': the arrangement; syncopations etc.

This makes me to ask:
Does it mean that, that era of Music has suddenly been overlapped?
Is it that Musicians aren't ready to stretch into that creativity level to birth an evergreen piece like that?
Was it a huge lost for the Church Music circle that Masterkraft switched sides?
Can this be a challenge to other people especially Arrangers and Producers as well to beat this record?

I strongly believe that sooner or later, Masterkraft will be studied as a course because, he has made his mark both in the Nigerian Gospel and Secular Music and as a pianist, he has created some Piano phrases that his widely played in recordings and live performances. His works are soothing to the soul and classic to the brain.

Baba Piano solo in "Hero" made lots of Choir not to sing that piece because some pianist didn't want to comman goan kee diasefs... �[b][/b][color=#770077][/color]

(1) (Reply)

Asake Ft. Olamide - Omo Ope (official Music Video) / Singers Zinoleesky And Mohbad Arrested During NDLEA Raid / How To Get Those To Sponsor Your Music

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.