Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,929 members, 7,886,530 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 11:31 AM

His Will. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / His Will. (624 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

His Will. by AbundantLife05: 6:04am On Jul 18, 2021
ABUNDANT LIFE
HIS WILL. Luke 22:42.
“Father, remove this cup from me. But please, not what I want. what do you want?” MSB.

Dear friends, I welcome you to today’s teaching and I pray that we shall fully know him and let his will reign in our lives in Jesus name. Our topic today is “His Will”. What is a will? A will is the desire, pleasure and choice of someone. In the Christian journey, we do not have our own desire, pleasure and choice, our desires are the things that God desires and we take pleasure in the things that God loves. Permit me to say this dear friends that we children of God have no will at all but we live for God and him only. The scripture we read above confirms this, Jesus while praying asked God a question that all Christians should ask God at every time: What do you want? This signals to God that irrespective of the situation, I will do whatsoever you want me to do.
On this note, we will look at the various ways the will of God must come first in our lives.

1. Surrender our lives to him: Matthew 4:18-20
“One day as Jesus was walking along the shore beside the sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers- Simon also called Peter, and Andrew-fishing with a net, for they were commercial fishermen. Jesus called out to them, “come, be my disciples, and I will show you how to fish for people! And they left their nets at once and went with him.” NLT.
This is the first thing that stands against our desire as humans, surrendering our lives to God. It is good to have freedom of will and thought, I can say that no human wants to be controlled by other people, everyone wants to do things without being questioned or punished for it but the disciples demonstrated that following God is an important decision a man can ever make by leaving their work to follow Jesus and live under his control. This is a decision God wants everyone to take by surrendering to Jesus because eternal life can only be ours through him. John 3:16.

2. Serve him unconditionally: Luke 9:62
“But Jesus told him, anyone who puts a hand to the plow and then looks back is not fit for the kingdom of God.” NLT. After you have surrendered your life to him, the next step you will take in your question of what God wants you to do is to never look back. You do not look back to the things you have dropped, the lifestyle you used to live and the things of this world. The only way is forward. Forward with the author and the finisher of our faith. Hebrew 12:2a.

3. Evangelize for him: Like 9:60
“But Jesus told him, let the spiritually dead bury their own dead! Your duty is to go and preach about the kingdom of God.” NLT. Jesus did not call us to keep our salvation to ourselves. We have been called to preach the gospel to every soul we encounter. This is our duty as children of God and we must do it whether it is comfortable or not. There is no bad time in preaching the word of God, whether it is at a naming ceremony, wedding, burial or birthday celebration, the gospel must be preached.

4. Love people:1cor 13:1
“If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn’t love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.” NLT. If Christians do not show love, our belief and everything we stand for is a noise. Christians are to illuminate the world with love for fellow believers and non-believers alike. 1John 3:11

5. Give: Luke 6:30
“Give to anyone who asks; and when things are taken away from you, don’t try to get them back.” NLT. Giving is not an easy thing to do. For God to redeem us back to him, he gave us his son, for his son to complete the work of redemption, he gave his life by surrendering to the will of the father. Thus, giving is a requirement for Christians to fulfil, we must give to people whether it is easy or not. We must give our money, service, time, food, clothes and so on for the will of the father.

6. Live in peace: Luke 6:27-28
“But to you who are willing to listen, I say, love your enemies! Do good to those who hate you. Bless those who curse you. Pray for those who hurt you.” NLT. Christians are to live peaceful lives, no matter the situation, a Christian is to continually live in peace with people, love his/her enemies and pray for them. Do not repay evil with evil but spread peace through the love of God in your heart. This is important because peace is a prerequisite for making heaven. Hebrews 12:14 “Work at living in peace with everyone, and work at living a holy life, for those who are not holy will not see the Lord.” NLT.

Therefore, if you know you are not living your life for him and would want to join the family of God, or you want to rededicate your life to him, say this prayer after me; Dear Lord, I come to you humbly and I confess that I am a sinner, save me and be my Lord. Wash away my sins and let me do your will at all times. Amen. If you have recited this prayer wholeheartedly, I welcome you to the family of God and do well to join a bible believing church as you start your journey in Christ.

If you have been blessed by this write up and you have questions, comments and contribution, you can contact Abundant Life Vision on the following platforms:
Twitter: @VisionAbundant
Instagram: visionabundantlife
Email: visionabundantlife@gmail.com
God bless you.
Re: His Will. by Tirips(f): 10:37am On Jul 18, 2021
AbundantLife05:
ABUNDANT LIFE
HIS WILL. Luke 22:42.
“Father, remove this cup from me. But please, not what I want. what do you want?” MSB.

Dear friends, I welcome you to today’s teaching and I pray that we shall fully know him and let his will reign in our lives in Jesus name. Our topic today is “His Will”. What is a will? A will is the desire, pleasure and choice of someone. In the Christian journey, we do not have our own desire, pleasure and choice, our desires are the things that God desires and we take pleasure in the things that God loves. Permit me to say this dear friends that we children of God have no will at all but we live for God and him only. The scripture we read above confirms this, Jesus while praying asked God a question that all Christians should ask God at every time: What do you want? This signals to God that irrespective of the situation, I will do whatsoever you want me to do.
On this note, we will look at the various ways the will of God must come first in our lives.

1. Surrender our lives to him: Matthew 4:18-20
“One day as Jesus was walking along the shore beside the sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers- Simon also called Peter, and Andrew-fishing with a net, for they were commercial fishermen. Jesus called out to them, “come, be my disciples, and I will show you how to fish for people! And they left their nets at once and went with him.” NLT.
This is the first thing that stands against our desire as humans, surrendering our lives to God. It is good to have freedom of will and thought, I can say that no human wants to be controlled by other people, everyone wants to do things without being questioned or punished for it but the disciples demonstrated that following God is an important decision a man can ever make by leaving their work to follow Jesus and live under his control. This is a decision God wants everyone to take by surrendering to Jesus because eternal life can only be ours through him. John 3:16.

2. Serve him unconditionally: Luke 9:62
“But Jesus told him, anyone who puts a hand to the plow and then looks back is not fit for the kingdom of God.” NLT. After you have surrendered your life to him, the next step you will take in your question of what God wants you to do is to never look back. You do not look back to the things you have dropped, the lifestyle you used to live and the things of this world. The only way is forward. Forward with the author and the finisher of our faith. Hebrew 12:2a.

3. Evangelize for him: Like 9:60
“But Jesus told him, let the spiritually dead bury their own dead! Your duty is to go and preach about the kingdom of God.” NLT. Jesus did not call us to keep our salvation to ourselves. We have been called to preach the gospel to every soul we encounter. This is our duty as children of God and we must do it whether it is comfortable or not. There is no bad time in preaching the word of God, whether it is at a naming ceremony, wedding, burial or birthday celebration, the gospel must be preached.

4. Love people:1cor 13:1
“If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn’t love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.” NLT. If Christians do not show love, our belief and everything we stand for is a noise. Christians are to illuminate the world with love for fellow believers and non-believers alike. 1John 3:11

5. Give: Luke 6:30
“Give to anyone who asks; and when things are taken away from you, don’t try to get them back.” NLT. Giving is not an easy thing to do. For God to redeem us back to him, he gave us his son, for his son to complete the work of redemption, he gave his life by surrendering to the will of the father. Thus, giving is a requirement for Christians to fulfil, we must give to people whether it is easy or not. We must give our money, service, time, food, clothes and so on for the will of the father.

6. Live in peace: Luke 6:27-28
“But to you who are willing to listen, I say, love your enemies! Do good to those who hate you. Bless those who curse you. Pray for those who hurt you.” NLT. Christians are to live peaceful lives, no matter the situation, a Christian is to continually live in peace with people, love his/her enemies and pray for them. Do not repay evil with evil but spread peace through the love of God in your heart. This is important because peace is a prerequisite for making heaven. Hebrews 12:14 “Work at living in peace with everyone, and work at living a holy life, for those who are not holy will not see the Lord.” NLT.

Therefore, if you know you are not living your life for him and would want to join the family of God, or you want to rededicate your life to him, say this prayer after me; Dear Lord, I come to you humbly and I confess that I am a sinner, save me and be my Lord. Wash away my sins and let me do your will at all times. Amen. If you have recited this prayer wholeheartedly, I welcome you to the family of God and do well to join a bible believing church as you start your journey in Christ.

If you have been blessed by this write up and you have questions, comments and contribution, you can contact Abundant Life Vision on the following platforms:
Twitter: @VisionAbundant
Instagram: visionabundantlife
Email: visionabundantlife@gmail.com
God bless you.

(1) (Reply)

Salvation Is All About Faith In Jesus Plus Nothing. / Assembly Of God Or Assembly Of Dustbin? / Nathaniel Bassey Set #JESUS Trend On Social Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.