Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,840 members, 7,962,764 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 04:14 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2891) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3748848 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2888) (2889) (2890) (2891) (2892) (2893) (2894) ... (2922) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by joseph1832(m): 8:16am On Aug 20
Queenslander:
you forgot the very first quote of the game of thrones..

1. " The things I do for love.."

2. "Don't fight in the north or the south. Fight every battle, everywhere, always, in your mind. Everyone is your enemy, everyone is your friend, every possible series of events is happening, all at once. Live that way, and nothing will surprise you. Everything that happens will be something that you've seen before."

3. "Hold the door!"

4. "You know nothing, Jon Snow."

5. "If I fall, don't bring me back."
funny how he has been the one doing almost all the terrible things for love, while Cersei just fvcked and drank all through.

They both deserve a more horrifying death than the one they got.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 11:14am On Aug 20
samistry:
grin

Just wanted to post this now. grin

Omo, shey I go complete watch this one so? 🤔🤦🏽‍♂️
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by MasonYoung: 12:01pm On Aug 20
Dr. House.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 12:29pm On Aug 20
The Leftovers.....9.5/10

Easily one of the best TV show ever made by HBO.
The religious references was superbly done. You question what's real and what's not till the very end. Even the ending, there's a slim possibility of you assuming things differently. A very realistic approach to understanding "The Unknown".
It's dark, it's gritty. A blend of supernatural sci-fi with a great mix of drama and thriller rolled together.

S1 and S2 were too darn good and addictive. S3 does a nice job of tying things together and a wholesome finale.
Arguably the best ensemble cast in an HBO project after Game of Thrones and Succession.

Justin Theroux, Carrie Coon deserves massive accolades for this show. Ann Dowd as Patti Levin was breathtaking as well, and she deservedly earned the only Emmy nomination the show got during its time. It's a crime how this was wildly ignored by the Emmys. Nothing for the superb writing by Damon Lindelof and Jim Perotta. Nothing for the director Mimi Leder. These would easily snag awards anyday anytime for the superb quality even for the writing alone.

That's why it joins its HBO alum The Wire amongst the best TV shows of all time that was largely ignored by The Emmys.
And yeah, weirdly The Leftovers remain amongst the least talked about HBO TV show despite easily being amongst the all time best TV show on planet earth.

That theme song sef, once they start playing it and there is an intense scene going on, you can't help but get emotional a few times and she a tear or two.

GOATED series in my books.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by JuicyStar: 12:33pm On Aug 20
Is this Ben okay at all? Should he still be hammering on this point in the presence of his partner?

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 12:55pm On Aug 20
Few moments in the show they can go wildly funny if they want to besides all the doom and gloom going on in the background.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by pu7pl3(m): 6:13pm On Aug 20
abduleez1:
Few moments in the show they can go wildly funny if they want to besides all the doom and gloom going on in the background.

Which show is this?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 7:35pm On Aug 20
pu7pl3:

Which show is this?

The Leftovers.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by johnyace(m): 10:44pm On Aug 20
Mr Robot S1-S4 7/10
The Leftovers S1-S3 7/10
Although I wasn't satisfied with both of their endings the ride was nice and intriguing

Need more series recommendations
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Remmedy(m): 12:42am On Aug 21
Midnight Mass 3/10 ..

Slow burner at first but became very unrealistic…
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 8:36pm On Aug 21
The single most powerful and symbolic scene in this TV show.

Who rate am less than 6/10 no know wetin him watch.

The dialogue alone of this show is easily a 5/10. I no wan even talk about the sound score or the writing. Talk more the acting, especially that annoying Bev character.

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 9:49pm On Aug 21
Prime Video be cooking something serious..
New anthology gaming series from the creators of Love, Death + Robots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njExWNQqknI?si=kLIKcwXRAoVwGcJ6

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 11:19pm On Aug 21
I didn't want to watch this show because the posters looked somewhat girly...

Been putting it off for a while, until I saw a Reddit comment...now I'm hooked on the show...

The songs are so good that I checked for a song on YouTube and found major spoilers on the playlist.

Who TF titles a song on a playlist - "The death of *** and *** " embarassed embarassed

Now I know both characters die at the end...

Anyway, title - THE ROSE OF VERSAILLES (1979) anime series.

It seems to be mostly historically accurate and follows the events leading up to the French Revolution.

I won't Google much on the French revolution until I finish the show to avoid spoilers

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by izombie(m): 9:22am On Aug 22
Baddestguyp:
I didn't want to watch this show because the posters looked somewhat girly...

Been putting it off for a while, until I saw a Reddit comment...now I'm hooked on the show...

The songs are so good that I checked for a song on YouTube and found major spoilers on the playlist.

Who TF titles a song on a playlist - "The death of *** and *** " embarassed embarassed

Now I know both characters die at the end...

Anyway, title - THE ROSE OF VERSAILLES (1979) anime series.

It seems to be mostly historically accurate and follows the events leading up to the French Revolution.

I won't Google much on the French revolution until I finish the show to avoid spoilers
so you wrote all this jargon for anime? Na wao

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 1:58pm On Aug 22
izombie:

The same anime is better than 90% of the shows you've watched.

Looking down on a show because of its medium is so stale.

We are in 2024...anime is mainstream...
If you don't rate them, that's on you but it doesn't change the fact

People go dey hate on anime, yet they waste their time watching stûpid shows like Acolyte, Blacklist, She-Hulk and the likes

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Illusioneffect(m): 4:48pm On Aug 22
WriterNig:
🎥 The Union (2024) = 3.7/10 👎🏻
[/img]
You guys just watch anything no matter how generally negative the reviews are😂

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Illusioneffect(m): 4:52pm On Aug 22
abduleez1:
Have you watched fleabag?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaczynski: 6:01pm On Aug 22
izombie:

STFU fággot

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 9:01pm On Aug 22
Illusioneffect:

Nope. I rarely watch comedies. So the major comedies are outta my lane. I'm just recently warming up to the genre. I enjoy dark comedies.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaczynski: 2:29pm On Aug 23
johnyace:
Mr Robot S1-S4 7/10
The Leftovers S1-S3 7/10
Although I wasn't satisfied with both of their endings the ride was nice and intriguing

Need more series recommendations

Silicon valley

Amelie 2001

Miller's girl
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaczynski: 2:30pm On Aug 23
Illusioneffect:

Reeks of female incels ?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 7:14pm On Aug 23
Twisted Metal.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Illusioneffect(m): 7:53pm On Aug 23
Kaczynski:

Reeks of female incels ?
You must be a fan of Andrew tate

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 8:10pm On Aug 23
More cast for One Piece season 2

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Ballzproblem2: 10:52pm On Aug 23
Bel air is like a reality show to me because if you watch it because of the plot you go wan craze,same repitive plot.

Carlton go fight with will Smith, they'll settle.carlton father and Erika babe wahala.

Jazz and Carlton sister wahala.

Rinse and repeat.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Palehair: 11:26am On Aug 24
I'm not even an anime fan but the way lot of y'all downgrade anime in this forum just to uplift western entertainment is really ironic because it's something that I see more and more of in this thread. Even the west are trading those their own shows for those "anime" that you see as less than, just check the viewership and it's demographic. There's space for all forms of media entertainment to thrive including shows from free streaming services like YouTube. How will you know when you hit a diamond in the rough if you don't explore other varieties of entertainment?

Baddestguyp don collect insults upon insults and for what? For sharing shows that he likes just because it's a different art form or language? Make una dey check una casual racism steeped in white supremacy. If it's not from the west, then it's useless to most of y'all

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Palehair: 11:44am On Aug 24
Pantheon S1-S2

AMC's first foray into 2D animation had a beautiful premise that gave room for conversations and debates about humanity and it's experience, I'm shocked it slipped right under me because shows like these are my jam but as usual everything changed when capitalism sneered it's head.

The story needed at least a 5 season arc to breathe but it was cancelled after the first hence why the writers crammed all the plot points in the miraculous second season, it was rushed in a manner that the writers didn't even care about plot holes anymore but at least it was given a solid end despite being a flaky story

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Palehair: 11:46am On Aug 24
Illusioneffect:

You must be a fan of Andrew tate
Wait a minute!!!! Did you like the show because I will be shocked if you did?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 1:19pm On Aug 24
Palehair:
Pantheon S1-S2

AMC's first foray into 2D animation had a beautiful premise that gave room for conversations and debates about humanity and it's experience, I'm shocked it slipped right under me because shows like these are my jam but as usual everything changed when capitalism sneered it's head.

The story needed at least a 5 season arc to breathe but it was cancelled after the first hence why the writers crammed all the plot points in the miraculous second season, it was rushed in a manner that the writers didn't even care about plot holes anymore but at least it was given a solid end despite being a flaky story
The season 2 finale would have made a fantastic season 4 or season 5 finale if they'd been allowed to fully flesh out that plotline.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nani667: 1:42pm On Aug 24
Season 5 | 2024

7.8 / 10

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 8:32pm On Aug 24
🎥 Oddity (2024) = 7/10 ✔️ ❤️

Proper horror movie. Gave me a good scare.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 8:34pm On Aug 24
🎥 Longlegs (2024) = 6/10 ✔️ ❤️

(1) (2) (3) ... (2888) (2889) (2890) (2891) (2892) (2893) (2894) ... (2922) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: HelpMeee, Mikelo93 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.