Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,248 members, 7,880,924 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:21 AM

Ok - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ok (932 Views)

Ok / Ok / Ok (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ok by Crossroad1(m): 10:21am On Aug 25, 2021
Ok
Re: Ok by Crossroad1(m): 10:26am On Aug 25, 2021
I am an old member, just had to open this alternate for this purpose only
Re: Ok by AutoChick4U(f): 10:31am On Aug 25, 2021
May God give you direction, at least you have 1m. You can rent a one bedroom flat and then invest in a business

1 Like

Re: Ok by wunmi590(m): 10:32am On Aug 25, 2021

1. First thing you need to do is make sure you secure a good job or business that can help you multiply that money, if not so you will spend everything on accommodation and other things and go back to square one.

2. If you have a better business you have projected and can sell in any part of the country, I will advice you to either move to abeokuta or Ibadan, as accommodation is very cheap there compare to Lagos..

3. Theres nothing better than being with your kid, you have a better understanding of how they grow and be able to capture their needs as they grow...

If your wife is an understanding woman, and she has hand work, relocate her down to abeokuta which is a close proximity to Lagos, lagos island is not a place to raise kids, I'm from there and both mum and dad family house is situated there...

Your kids should be given a better life

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ok by Odewaleadesoye(m): 10:33am On Aug 25, 2021

2 Likes

Re: Ok by Nobody: 10:46am On Aug 25, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Ok by Crossroad1(m): 11:06am On Aug 25, 2021
wunmi590:

1. First thing you need to do is make sure you secure a good job or business that can help you multiply that money, if not so you will spend everything on accommodation and other things and go back to square one.

2. If you have a better business you have projected and can sell in any part of the country, I will advice you to either move to abeokuta or Ibadan, as accommodation is very cheap there compare to Lagos..

3. Theres nothing better than being with your kid, you have a better understanding of how they grow and be able to capture their needs as they grow...

If your wife is an understanding woman, and she has hand work, relocate her down to abeokuta which is a close proximity to Lagos, lagos island is not a place to raise kids, I'm from there and both mum and dad family house is situated there...

Your kids should be given a better life
I no longer live in the island..
I now reside in one of the state you mentioned..
I proposed 2 bedroom because of my kids.. Thanks so much for the advice, she has given me the go ahead to come take my kids

1 Like

Re: Ok by Crossroad1(m): 11:07am On Aug 25, 2021
Odewaleadesoye:
Typing...
abeg drop it boss, let's learn
Re: Ok by Crossroad1(m): 11:11am On Aug 25, 2021
Royalroy, pls let me have a wider audience
Re: Ok by yanabasee2: 11:26am On Aug 25, 2021
You didn't spell out those other skills that you said wasn't fruitful anymore in Nigeria.... Somebody might just be here looking forward to engage you.....

Well...

If you have to dish a coin out of that money... it should be able to give back in a short while...

Your main concern is giving your kids a good home to dwell... And the remaining 700k might not do you any good and sustainable business that will give you a return on investment within a slated period of time....

Anyway Sha.. I wish you the best
Re: Ok by socialmediaman: 11:41am On Aug 25, 2021
You're off to a good start. I think what you need now, considering your savings and the size of your family, is to get your hands dirty. You need income to start flowing in in about 6 months from when you settle down, so I advise you focus your effort on doing something to bring in that income. There are so many things you can do for work, and each one depends on your location. This pandemic, some women became their husbands' barbers while the men learnt to do a few things for their women as well, so learning a new trade is not impossible. Just be ready, unashamed and unapologetic about it. If you don't have a computer science or engineering background, coding doesn't look to be a stable money making business in the near future. Also, the cost of setup is high because you'll need backup power (e.g. inverter, solar power) which may cost up to 200K. However, i encourage you to put in some hours a day into learning coding as a future career, and put a goal on the career path after thorough research.
Re: Ok by wunmi590(m): 11:53am On Aug 25, 2021
Crossroad1:
I no longer live in the island..
I now reside in one of the state you mentioned..
I proposed 2 bedroom because of my kids.. Thanks so much for the advice, she has given me the go ahead to come take my kids

You are welcome...

It is good you now have the custody of your children, your main priority now should be how to make sure you nurture those kids and give them the best of life and education...

You can bring one of your sister with your to help you train them so as not to be lonely incase you are out to hussle for the day and also get a hone teacher for them to always get them busy too..

1 Like

Re: Ok by Richy4(m): 11:59am On Aug 25, 2021
The first option will be the better one for now except in a situation where you have a nice job waiting for you in the country u intend traveling to in this pandemic?...
Many countries are closing their boarders because of Covid-19... They open, close.. Open again and Close.... How long will you have to wait for things to normalize? Just use that money and start up a bike logistics business.. As u are doing it, do not remove your mindset from traveling abroad though...

As you are doing the business, Find some time to look at the skills needed/ required in the country u wanted to travel to and see if you can get some of it...IT is always desirable everywhere around the world..

As for u being confused,U don't have to be buddy.. if u don't smoke weewe that will turn your brain, U don't drink and fall inside gutter daily, got business mindset and takes care of your kids.. I will say you are on the right track...

1 Like

Re: Ok by Crossroad1(m): 12:20pm On Aug 25, 2021
Richy4:
The first option will be the better one for now except in a situation where you have a nice job waiting for you in the country u intend traveling to in this pandemic?...
Many countries are closing their boarders because of Covid-19... They open, close.. Open again and Close.... How long will you have to wait for things to normalize? Just use that money and start up a bike logistics business.. As u are doing it, do not remove your mindset from traveling abroad though...

As you are doing the business, Find some time to look at the skills needed/ required in the country u wanted to travel to and see if you can get some of it...IT is always desirable everywhere around the world..

As for u being confused,U don't have to be buddy.. if u don't smoke weewe that will turn your brain, U don't drink and fall inside gutter daily, got business mindset and takes care of your kids.. I will say you are on the right track...

thanks
Re: Ok by eyinjuege: 1:35pm On Aug 25, 2021
Have a steady source of income or business that has started generating money before thinking of changing where you live and bringing your children to live with you (unless they're not safe where they are)
Start your business hustle now without the distraction of the children till the business is on it's feet. It may take months or even years
If you rent an apartment of 300K. And you bring your 2 or 3 kids there, consider their school fees which will probably gulp another 150K to 200K from the money.
Add feeding, clothing and a nanny to that, which is like another 50K to 100K.
If you invest the rest in a business, when is it going to start generating money? Remember the costs of feeding and looking after the children still continues every month.
If your business doesn't start generating enough profit immediately, you will end up owing house rent and going back to square one.

1 Like

Re: Ok by ibechris(m): 4:48pm On Aug 25, 2021
Don't be desperate rather be ambitious.

Desperation will lead u to problems that could cost u more even imprisonment.

Don't get ur hands dirty,because after u must have made it,u will live to regret it. Any proceed that is not worked for should not be used to raise a child.

That might destroy their future,haven't u asked yourself these questions,all those old politicians of ours whose parents stole our treasury,where are there children? What are they doing for a living,the shagari's,the Tafawa Balewas,the Zik's of this world ?

Most of then ended up becoming miserable just because their parents soiled their hands.

In all ur desperation,pls avoid what may cost u ur life.

May God bless u richly.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Hello / Thank you / Do U Belief In Reincarnation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.