Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,933 members, 7,962,983 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 10:08 PM

Traveling Into Nigeria With Expired Passport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Traveling Into Nigeria With Expired Passport (1183 Views)

Lady, Her Family Fly Airpeace From Gatwick London To Lagos With Expired Passport / Can A Nigerian Enter Nigeria With Expired Passport / Pilot Flying With Expired Medical Certificate Loses Licence In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Traveling Into Nigeria With Expired Passport by 9jaman1: 6:12am On Sep 08, 2021
Hello, please does anyone have first hand experience traveling back into Lagos with expired passport ? I saw an article that said the comptroller General of NIS allowed it due to massive back log of passport renewals (from COVID19 lockdowns).
https://allafrica.com/stories/202104020007.html
Re: Traveling Into Nigeria With Expired Passport by Skyfornia(m): 7:07am On Sep 08, 2021
Yes you will be allowed entry but you will pay some fines(penalty) according to the duration of the expiry date.
Re: Traveling Into Nigeria With Expired Passport by BigDawsNet: 12:19pm On Sep 08, 2021
As long as you are a Nigerian Citizen...you can return home with an expired passport...

Renew your passport and don't try to repeat that again...

You can also apply for Emergency Travel Certificate at Nigerian consulate near you..before you fly back home
Re: Traveling Into Nigeria With Expired Passport by demospain(m): 11:13pm On Sep 08, 2021
Yes you can travel to Nigeria with expired passport.when u reach nigeria you obtain new one

uote author=9jaman1 post=105599124]Hello, please does anyone have first hand experience traveling back into Lagos with expired passport ? I saw an article that said the comptroller General of NIS allowed it due to massive back log of passport renewals (from COVID19 lockdowns).
https://allafrica.com/stories/202104020007.html
[/quote]
Re: Traveling Into Nigeria With Expired Passport by headbasher96(m): 9:50am On Sep 11, 2021
Just carry small egunje for pocket the rest na history oga find me something full road but do change before u enter o so that e go the go round them no the want share bribe
Re: Traveling Into Nigeria With Expired Passport by naijaoil: 7:35pm On Sep 11, 2021
You only have to visit nigeria rmbassy in your country of residence and collect ETC then use it to come to naija and renew your passport in naija before you go back because ETC can only allow you to naija but cannot take you back.
I was in the same situation before i eventually got it renewed

(1) (Reply)

U.k Institutions Without Initial Payment / ,, / Dana Plane Crash At Iju Ishaga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.