Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,101 members, 7,960,531 topics. Date: Saturday, 28 September 2024 at 12:43 AM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (86) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (895872 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Bloodofjesus: 6:05pm On Jun 28, 2013
Godson201333:

Yes age is important,Even if you are able to get admission,I am sorry but getting visa will be hard cos the VO wont believe your intentions..Just in my own opinion oo
please what is maximum age i can use,if i may be able to reduce my age in my passport at abuja
(Modify) (Quote) (Report)
Re: German Embassy And Visa by weebay(m): 6:39pm On Jun 28, 2013
^^^ I won't advice that...one way or the other u'll meet another road block.explore some other options
Re: German Embassy And Visa by bissiejoe: 6:51pm On Jun 28, 2013
@ sammykunjas. It wasn't stated on my letter from uni assist that I can use the letter to apply for visa o,but they informed me in the letter that they will send my application to the school.is uni assist going to send me anoda letter which it would be stated that I can use to apply for visa or is it until I send them the top priority form that they will send it?
Your reply is highly anticipated or anyone that has any info abt this
Re: German Embassy And Visa by johnck(m): 7:03pm On Jun 28, 2013
bissiejoe: @ sammykunjas. It wasn't stated on my letter from uni assist that I can use the letter to apply for visa o,but they informed me in the letter that they will send my application to the school.is uni assist going to send me anoda letter which it would be stated that I can use to apply for visa or is it until I send them the top priority form that they will send it?

Using a confirmation letter to apply for german student visa is called a STUDENT APPLICANT VISA, it's a 3 month visa that can be used to enter Germany when you get ur admission...But I DON'T think such option is available in Nigera.

More so, In many other countries, you can open a german blocked account with a confirmation letter only. However, I don't know if such option is available in the German Embassy in Nigeria
Re: German Embassy And Visa by sammykunjas: 7:26pm On Jun 28, 2013
bissiejoe: @ sammykunjas. It wasn't stated on my letter from uni assist that I can use the letter to apply for visa o,but they informed me in the letter that they will send my application to the school.is uni assist going to send me anoda letter which it would be stated that I can use to apply for visa or is it until I send them the top priority form that they will send it?
This is part of the letter I got.

This letter is not a confirmation of admission. It serves as proof that you have applied to study
at an officially recognized university in Germany.
In case you are not yet living in Germany:
With this letter you can apply for a study applicant's visa at the German Embassy / German
Consulate in your country. However, the letter does not grant a legal claim for the issuance of a
visa.
uni-assist has carried out the pre-check of your documents with the greatest care and accuracy.
Should you however feel that we have made a mistake in our pre-check, please write to us. State
the reasons for your complaint and please include your application number. uni-assist's
management will look into your complaint and get back to you in writing. If you still disagree with
this response, we will forward your application to the respective university. The university will then
issue you a decision vested with legal capacity.
Sincerely,
Your uni-assist-team
Re: German Embassy And Visa by bissiejoe: 7:50pm On Jun 28, 2013
With your application you chose one - or more than one - university that requires all its
international applicants to have their applications pre-checked by uni-assist. We now completed
our evaluation and would like to inform you accordingly:We will forward your application to the university for further consideration. The university will
contact you directly as soon as possible.
uni-assist has carried out the pre-check of your documents with the greatest care and accuracy.
Should you however feel that we have made a mistake in our pre-check, please write to us. State
the reasons for your complaint and please include your application number. uni-assist's
management will look into your complaint and get back to you in writing. If you still disagree with
this response, we will forward your application to the respective university. The university will then
Sincerely,
Your uni-assist-team
Please Note: This letter was processed automatically and is valid without personal signature.

@sammykunjas
This was what I got,did you get something like this b4 you got this one?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by sammykunjas: 8:15pm On Jun 28, 2013
bissiejoe: With your application you chose one - or more than one - university that requires all its
international applicants to have their applications pre-checked by uni-assist. We now completed
our evaluation and would like to inform you accordingly:We will forward your application to the university for further consideration. The university will
contact you directly as soon as possible.
Sincerely,
Your uni-assist-team
Please Note: This letter was processed automatically and is valid without personal signature.

@sammykunjas
This was what I got,did you get something like this b4 you got this one?
Ok. I got that one too. Just chill they will send you another letter and that will be confirmation that they have forwarded your application data to the university. That's the letter that contains the info of using it to apply for study applicant visa.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by sammykunjas: 8:27pm On Jun 28, 2013
johnck:

Using a confirmation letter to apply for german student visa is called a STUDENT APPLICANT VISA, it's a 3 month visa that can be used to enter Germany when you get ur admission...But I DON'T think such option is available in Nigera.

More so, In many other countries, you can open a german blocked account with a confirmation letter only. However, I don't know if such option is available in the German Embassy in Nigeria
Yeah that's true but if these options are not available in the German embassy in Nigeria, why then did the embassy include the study applicant visa option in the PDF file containing the information on how to apply for long term student visa? I really don't understand. I hope they will explain to me better when they reply the mail I sent to them today.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by bissiejoe: 9:09pm On Jun 28, 2013
@sammykunjas ,thanks so much for your reply.now i can relax a bit,i was scared because i saw someone with a letter where it was stated that it could be use to apply for student visa. all the best to all of us.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by sammykunjas: 9:23pm On Jun 28, 2013
bissiejoe: @sammykunjas ,thanks so much for your reply.now i can relax a bit,i was scared because i saw someone with a letter where it was stated that it could be use to apply for student visa. all the best to all of us.
Na so Bro.. All the Best to us. God will surely do it for us.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by ganasy: 9:41pm On Jun 28, 2013
sammykunjas:
Yeah that's true but if these options are not available in the German embassy in Nigeria, why then did the embassy include the study applicant visa option in the PDF file containing the information on how to apply for long term student visa? I really don't understand. I hope they will explain to me better when they reply the mail I sent to them today.

pls when they reply you let us know their response
Re: German Embassy And Visa by sammykunjas: 11:08pm On Jun 28, 2013
ganasy:

pls when they reply you let us know wat dey said
Sure I will.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by richard4ssky: 11:07am On Jun 29, 2013
sammykunjas:
Sure I will.

Hello house do anyone one about the daad scholarship program and how to apply.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by kelly4top: 12:00pm On Jun 29, 2013
Bloodofjesus: please what is maximum age i can use,if i may be able to reduce my age in my passport at abuja

If you reduce ur age the Embassy will calculate and you will be caught. e.g your were born 1973 and they will minus it from the year you wrote waec or neco. maybe u wrote waec in 1987 and reduced you were born 1980 meaning u wrote weac when u were 7 yrs. Visa denied......

Those guys are smart oh....

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 12:05pm On Jun 29, 2013
kelly4top:

If you reduce ur age the Embassy will calculate and you will be caught. e.g your were born 1973 and they will minus it from the year you wrote waec or neco. maybe u wrote waec in 1987 and reduced you were born 1980 meaning u wrote weac when u were 7 yrs. Visa denied......

Those guys are smart oh....

You get mouth,That is why i really dont wanna answer him because some people do not wanna listen to truth.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by franklysco: 8:05pm On Jun 29, 2013
Pls house, I have a name issue on my waec certificate and testimonial. On both of them is "Ogidi chukwudi Franklyn" instead of "Ogidi Chukwudi franklin", which is on other document altho other data remains d same. The thing is I got this cert n testimonial 10 years ago. D error may have been from my folks n I dint think it was significant enough to be an issue until now. What do I do? Can it be covered with a sworn affidavit? Pls I need ,suggestions
Re: German Embassy And Visa by franklysco: 9:03pm On Jun 29, 2013
Pls house, I applied 4 Msc in universitat leipzig, n I saw on their site dat dey take dia decision by the end of august. Am worried cause of d rush in booking for interwiew appointment @ d embassy, days have been till August.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by easyemman: 3:48am On Jun 30, 2013
franklysco: Pls house, I applied 4 Msc in universitat leipzig, n I saw on their site dat dey take dia decision by the end of august. Am worried cause of d rush in booking for interwiew appointment @ d embassy, days have been till August.
simply book an appointment at the end of august or beginning of september at least a decision would have been made by then and you can also cancel your appointment 2 days before the interview. all the best.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by franklysco: 11:00am On Jun 30, 2013
@easyemann; am I not suppose to consider d time it takes a block account to b opened. I tink i'll jst go. 4 mid or end of september. Tanx al d same
Re: German Embassy And Visa by franklysco: 12:03pm On Jun 30, 2013
Pls house, I have a name issue on my waec certificate and testimonial. On both of them is "Ogidi chukwudi Franklyn" instead of "Ogidi Chukwudi franklin", which is on other document altho other data remains d same. The thing is I got this cert n testimonial 10 years ago. D error may have been from my folks n I dint think it was significant enough to be an issue until now. What do I do? Can it be covered with a sworn affidavit? Pls I need suggestion
Re: German Embassy And Visa by newacca: 12:20pm On Jun 30, 2013
Bloodofjesus: please what is maximum age i can use,if i may be able to reduce my age in my passport at abuja
There is no age limitation in find knowledge. Even the Oyinbos back this saying. Your age cannot stop you unless you stop yourself. No embassy will deny you visa because you are too old for the your intended prog. The good side of it is that you will be called for interview. If you have genuine intent of studying and you meet the prerequisite,you will be granted study visa! You can back your application up with a letter of Intent or Statement of Purpose.
Why do you have to falsify your national document? Abeg...

3 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by easyemman: 12:51pm On Jun 30, 2013
franklysco: Pls house, I have a name issue on my waec certificate and testimonial. On both of them is "Ogidi chukwudi Franklyn" instead of "Ogidi Chukwudi franklin", which is on other document altho other data remains d same. The thing is I got this cert n testimonial 10 years ago. D error may have been from my folks n I dint think it was significant enough to be an issue until now. What do I do? Can it be covered with a sworn affidavit? Pls I need suggestion
Go to court for affidavit...that can help I am sure.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by ebally(f): 1:23pm On Jun 30, 2013
Good day all,
Please can I certify documents at the german embassy without my international passport?Kindly respond please.Tnx
Re: German Embassy And Visa by franklysco: 2:02pm On Jun 30, 2013
U have 2 go wit ur int'l passport. That's how they verify
Re: German Embassy And Visa by franklysco: 7:10pm On Jun 30, 2013
Wot happens if someone Is denied visa after opening a blocked account? Can one close the account?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by ganasy: 7:28am On Jul 01, 2013
franklysco: Wot happens if someone Is denied visa after opening a blocked account? Can one close the account?
yes.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 11:30am On Jul 01, 2013
ebally: Good day all,
Please can I certify documents at the german embassy without my international passport?Kindly respond please.Tnx

No please go with your international passport
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 11:30am On Jul 01, 2013
franklysco: Wot happens if someone Is denied visa after opening a blocked account? Can one close the account?

Yes your money is refundable ..you cna leave the block account open just incase
Re: German Embassy And Visa by weebay(m): 12:01pm On Jul 01, 2013
Pls does anyone have information on how soon University of gottingen notifies her students concerning their admission letter...am so bothered because time is not at my disposal at all as I just sent in my application last week. cry
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Dehonourable: 4:15pm On Jul 01, 2013
Friends, pls, wuld age declaration only frm court be enof for embassy stuffs or do I stl need to get birth certifcate frm govt hospital? Pls, I need urgent answer

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Dehonourable: 4:31pm On Jul 01, 2013
I dnt hav a birth certificate.d hospital were I was born issued me a post Natal card. Pls, wuld dat be enof if I back it up wit age declaratn? Pls, I need response
Re: German Embassy And Visa by sammykunjas: 4:51pm On Jul 01, 2013
ganasy:

pls when they reply you let us know their response

Guys, the embassy has replied me regarding the right document to use in opening the blocked account. This is the mail they sent:

Dear Sir,

thank you for your email.

Please be advised that the Consulate General can only certify your signature for the necessary opening of a blocked account if you already have the admission letter of the university (a pdf printout is sufficient), as a copy of the admission letter has to be forwarded to the bank with the application form and your passport copy.

As soon as you have submitted your application for the opening of a blocked account, you will receive a confirmation letter from the Consulate with which you can apply for your student visa.

I trust you find this information helpful. Attached please also find the checklist with further information concerning the opening of a blocked account.

Yours sincerely,

b.o.

Jassima Wortelkamp

Generalkonsulat der Bundesrepublik Deutschland
15, Walter Carrington Crescent
Victoria Island, Lagos
Federal Republic of Nigeria

This is the content of the attached pdf document:

Opening of Student Account (Blocked Account)
with Deutsche Bank
In order to open a blocked account with Deutsche Bank, you need to send an
application to the bank in Germany. Your signature on the application form
needs to be certified. The certification of signature can be done free of charge at
the Consulate General in Lagos or at the Embassy in Abuja during normal
business hours.
Please bring along:
1. filled application form for a blocked account
2. international passport and 2 copies of the data page
3. admission letter of the German university and 2 copies thereof
You will have to sign the application form in presence of a Consular officer in
order to have your signature certified.
All forms and more information can be obtained from the homepage of the
Deutsche Bank:
https://www.deutsche-bank.de/pbc/pk-studium-international_students_en.html
Please note that it can take up to three weeks after the certification until the
bank account will be opened.

So finally na the admission letter u must use. Well done Godson and Topeajis, U guys are correct! Please keep informing us newbies.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (481)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.