Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,831 members, 7,962,738 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 03:40 PM

Why Do Most Nigerians Shout When They Speak? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Most Nigerians Shout When They Speak? (21209 Views)

What Make Poor Nigerians Shout Against Buhari's Change / Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With / Nigerians Shout Down Doyin Okupe With Chants Of APC! APC!! APC!!! (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Shout When They Speak? by naijangel7(f): 9:54am On Jun 01, 2011
ModestSam:

The society also plays a part, as my manager would always ask me to be aggressive when talking (Gbenga, the MC of Star comes to mind).

Please dont even remind me about that guy. His noisemaking, dry jokes and obesity are soooooo revolting! People like him reinforce stereotypes about Yorubas.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Shout When They Speak? by tunnytox(m): 10:10am On Jun 01, 2011
DO YOUR KNOW WHO I AM? i AM TELLING YOU DO YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE TALKING TO? lol grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Shout When They Speak? by Omoteeh: 7:00pm On Jun 01, 2011
Quote. seyibrown
I can't believe that! Did he think the other commuters were deaf or didn't know what 'RAZIST' meant? LOL!

LOL. he was a typical stereotype of Nigerians in the UK that think every white man is racist. And he couldn't even express himself quietly. My husband practically screams when he talks and its caused lots of wahala in the house, my daughter has started speaking loudly too, sigh
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Shout When They Speak? by tpia5: 9:31pm On Jun 01, 2011
tunnytox:

DO YOUR KNOW WHO I AM? i AM TELLING YOU DO YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE TALKING TO? lol grin grin grin grin grin

that's oyibo own.

yorubas will say "omo tani" with a very nasty expression.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Shout When They Speak? by onila(f): 11:49am On Dec 04, 2011
lol
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Shout When They Speak? by Olarewajub: 2:56pm On Nov 03, 2013
God Help Nigerians!
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Shout When They Speak? by IdomaLikita: 4:21pm On Nov 03, 2013
Beaf: It is due to the low self esteem caused by too many years of being beaten, frog jumped and ra'ped by armed fools like IBB, Abacha, Buhari and so on. These people need to be shot.
Speaking in a loud voice and high aggression are the surest signs of self esteem issues. These traits are most common in jails the World over (and that is scientifically proven).

The average Nigerian is psychologically destroyed and 90% have one or more unfortunate mental problems.
If you doubt what I say, cross the border at Seme, drive to Cotonou, talk with the nearest mechanic; compare his intellectual output to that of the average Nigerian graduate. . . Case closed.

On the Contrary Sir, Oppressive Regimes are known to produce a Calming Effect in the Behaviour of Citizens..The Excesses of IBB, Buhari etc cannot be compared to those of Mao Tse Tung, Joseph Stalin, Adoph Hitler, The Apartheid Govt of S.A etc, Yet these people are not the loudest bunch!

I would appreciate you not politicizing every thread in favour of ur Sovereign! Ur Efforts may become Counterproductive!
I 4 one, is disgusted already!
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Shout When They Speak? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Nov 03, 2013
ziga: Nigerians generally have become very angry and arrogant!!!

When you generate your own electricity, water, create your own road paths to get to work, you believe you are the king of the world, and anybody who tries to challenge you doesn't know what he is talking about.

So, when you have 150 million kings living together, that is what you get. A shouting battle.

cheesy funny.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Shout When They Speak? by nlPoster: 2:37am On Feb 04, 2020
Eziachi:

Great point- One of the guest on this progamme this morning infact nearly knocked off the hat on his head with his own aggression, waving his hands all over. They kept interrupting butting into each other and I kept saying, calm down guys, without knowing that my wife stood right behind me and she joked: "I don't think they can hear you hear you dear" I responded with a sheepish smile all because I was embarrassed.

If you're still embarrassed by Nigerian antics you have a long way to go. . .
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Shout When They Speak? by orisa37: 5:24am On Feb 04, 2020
LIFE SUCKS.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Shout When They Speak? by Arda1000(m): 6:14am On Feb 04, 2020
that is Western people,a day without shouting is not a day.... by omo yeye.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

David Mark’s Presidency Campaign Posters Printed In Lagos [PHOTO] / President Jonathan At The Armed Forces Remembrance Day Today (Photos) / APC Wins All The Rerun Elections In Kaduna,Niger, Nassarawa And Plateau States

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.