Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,247 members, 7,936,813 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 12:44 AM

Setting Up A Barbershop Or Going To School Abroad - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Setting Up A Barbershop Or Going To School Abroad (18066 Views)

Go Back To School At Age 40 / Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? / Which One Is Good Between School Of Nursing Or Going Through University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Setting Up A Barbershop Or Going To School Abroad by Nobody: 4:31pm On Nov 12, 2021
bigcee:

Very easy, abi? You think to get a barbing license is child's play. He will need to go to a barbing college. The journey no be beans. You can't just set up a barbershop abroad without having license for it.

All the steps I listed would be achievable except the last one in quick time. Also school is mostly 3 years, that should be enough time to understand their system in setting up a barber shop.
Re: Setting Up A Barbershop Or Going To School Abroad by tnerro1(m): 4:31pm On Nov 12, 2021
Travel abroad for your school and since you have a skill, finding a barbering job won’t be difficult over there to add to your hustle.

My friend wife way dey form ajebutter for here , when she reach abroad, she see as things hard, na the hair making way she done give up for here na him come they survive her for that side.

If you have a skill, you need not fear too much
Re: Setting Up A Barbershop Or Going To School Abroad by Halexgos3(m): 4:31pm On Nov 12, 2021
My Dear, if you have the money to travel, first make sure you secure a nice job over there, so that you can be schooling and working thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Setting Up A Barbershop Or Going To School Abroad by drlalah(m): 4:31pm On Nov 12, 2021
Open the shop with half the savings in a very good location get someone trust Worthy let him manage the shop for u,use the remaining savings to jet out of the country, when u get there start a part-time job, please don't forget ur barbing skills there,sale it,u can even make it through barbing,barbing is awesome..NB that shop can continue helping your mum and siblings and even you..then start ur schooling..My little advice.
Re: Setting Up A Barbershop Or Going To School Abroad by tosbobby(m): 4:32pm On Nov 12, 2021
Guy,
If the barbering business can sustain you here in Nigeria you will not be asking this question.
Traveling abroad is a good idea especially if you're still single.
Over there, once you secure a casual job you can still enroll for part time studies and you still have upper hand because you know how to barbe.
Option B is good
The leaders have deliberately withheld the glory of the country.
If you're single, please save committedly and travel abroad.
Re: Setting Up A Barbershop Or Going To School Abroad by vincent7000(m): 4:32pm On Nov 12, 2021
If you get a chance to move abroad take it .. I was on a 45k salary when I started my application to move to the United States for studies I never had the big funds but the schools here are not like Nigeria I never paid a a fee while leaving Nigeria and looking back leaving the country is the best decision I have ever made what I bent achieved here in a year I never achieved that in 27years living in Nigeria .. I know a lot of students who came here with just $200 but today their life is a testimony .. you can never go hungry in America and when it comes to fees government gives every student COVID support money which helps in paying for tuition fees every year and you might be lucky to get a full funding… so my point is you don’t need a million naira to leave Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: Setting Up A Barbershop Or Going To School Abroad by chloedogie(m): 4:34pm On Nov 12, 2021
bigcee:

Very easy, abi? You think to get a barbing license is child's play. He will need to go to a barbing college. The journey no be beans. You can't just set up a barbershop abroad without having license for it.

Those with barbing saloons and female saloons in the UK don't have two heads. And before you see an English man owned barbing saloon, you must have counted almost 30 belonging to all these Pakistanis, or let me just put it as Asians generally.
Re: Setting Up A Barbershop Or Going To School Abroad by suko2003: 4:36pm On Nov 12, 2021
Hey bro, my advice is that you should go to school and open a barbing saloon around your school or you open a barbing saloon and go to a part time school.
Re: Setting Up A Barbershop Or Going To School Abroad by RolexOfGeneva(m): 4:36pm On Nov 12, 2021
Barber shop abroad
Re: Setting Up A Barbershop Or Going To School Abroad by omobacyprus(m): 4:37pm On Nov 12, 2021
kponkedenge:
Most of you people think going abroad will just becoming rosy all of a sudden.... you don't even yet have any skill or degree yet.

The best would be to set up yourself here.... except you have the funds for pursuing your education abroad.
So barbing is not a skill?
Re: Setting Up A Barbershop Or Going To School Abroad by Randy111(m): 4:37pm On Nov 12, 2021
rastaLivity:
Leave the damn country, I don’t care if you’re going there to pick beans

This may sound sarcastic but trust me, it's the best advice. Naija don cast.

1 Like

Re: Setting Up A Barbershop Or Going To School Abroad by Otunla236: 4:37pm On Nov 12, 2021
My brother, don't confuse yourself about this issue. Just move to abroad if you have the opportunity. When you get there, you will work as part time job and still going to school.

Please don't let anyone confused you when you have that opportunity to travel out of this country

1 Like

Re: Setting Up A Barbershop Or Going To School Abroad by Iamfavored: 4:38pm On Nov 12, 2021
Go abroad.
Make money.
Send to a trusted relative to set up the barber shop.

Thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Setting Up A Barbershop Or Going To School Abroad by Legendoo: 4:38pm On Nov 12, 2021
Re: Setting Up A Barbershop Or Going To School Abroad by Kingkamba(m): 4:40pm On Nov 12, 2021
DEM DO YOUUUUU?. ABEG WHO DO YOU THIS THING?
Re: Setting Up A Barbershop Or Going To School Abroad by Vanmanzik2551(m): 4:46pm On Nov 12, 2021
Ewroghene1:
Good day NLs
I will go straight to the point
First born in the family with big responsibility you know already,. Mother always demanding due to the status of the family, currently 25yrs.

Your advice shall help a long way...
Have been saving but not complete, planning ahead

But my dreams are high and know I will accomplish them...
stopped schooling 2015, with S.S.C.E started hustling.....

First: should I open a barbershop with my little savings
Or
Second: go abroad and continue my school and become a graduate. And explore other lifestyles
I know opening the shop will help a long way(money)
And going abroad will also help

Reminder : I have mother and siblings to take care of with the little I can support
Please I need You advice
And can I work with the experience I have as a barber here in Nigeria to places like Turkey or Poland
Guy here's ma num let's chat 08145442551
Please help forward to Frontpage
Re: Setting Up A Barbershop Or Going To School Abroad by eburuu: 4:48pm On Nov 12, 2021
ChiefDollar:
How will you go to school abroad on a Nigerian barber salary?
who told you your village represnt nigeria in any aspect
Re: Setting Up A Barbershop Or Going To School Abroad by JustforMen: 4:49pm On Nov 12, 2021
go abroad and plan to do barbing business there.

but do go through libya or by boat ooo
Re: Setting Up A Barbershop Or Going To School Abroad by Qatar2022: 4:50pm On Nov 12, 2021
Eife:
What will you be doing when you go abroad
And how will you afford your fees and other bills both home and abroad

I will suggest you open the salon and save up some money again to travel
You will keep someone in charge here and when you are abroad you will find ways to invest more
Bad advice
Re: Setting Up A Barbershop Or Going To School Abroad by nihinlade(m): 4:50pm On Nov 12, 2021
School abroad abeg. Barbing saloon ke.
Re: Setting Up A Barbershop Or Going To School Abroad by Qatar2022: 4:51pm On Nov 12, 2021
Ewroghene1:

This is similar to what my mum told me when I wanted start the barbing career, today she has forgotten she said it......I rest my case to your expectation
Oga if you have good agent please go abroad
Re: Setting Up A Barbershop Or Going To School Abroad by alfred007(m): 4:53pm On Nov 12, 2021
Quality education
Re: Setting Up A Barbershop Or Going To School Abroad by Vanmanzik2551(m): 4:53pm On Nov 12, 2021
Message me bro 08145442551
Ewroghene1:
Good day NLs
First born in the family with big responsibility you know already,. Mother always demanding due to the status of the family, currently 25yrs.

Or
Second: go abroad and continue my school and become a graduate. And explore other lifestyles

Reminder : I have mother and siblings to take care of with the little I can support
Please I need You advice
And can I work with the experience I have as a barber here in Nigeria to places like Turkey or Poland

Re: Setting Up A Barbershop Or Going To School Abroad by ignis: 4:54pm On Nov 12, 2021
school na scam.
Re: Setting Up A Barbershop Or Going To School Abroad by SaintTee: 5:01pm On Nov 12, 2021
@Ewroghene1

Great plans you have and you have thought very well, kudos. But lets look at some few other things in addition to what some few Nairalanders have suggested.

Opening a Shop

It's always a great idea to open a bigger shop, expand and grow your business. Do your feasibility and consider the risks, constraints and assumptions. This could be a means of taking care of your siblings and mum if you choose the path to travel abroad.

Travelling Abroad
Travelling abroad for further studies is a great option, it can open up a meal ticket to the future and allow a bigger platform to engage and conquer the business terrain of your dreams.

Have you identified some schools and consider the financial implications?
What other educational qualification do you have after SSCE?
Is your educational pursuit based on scholarship or are you sponsoring your studies?
Will you be migrating as a resident or a visitor?
Getting a job in developed countries is for those that have legal papers to live or study there.
If you don't have legal residence papers, one can get a job or survive but it also come with its own challenges which are unknown until you start the journey.

There are many stories about surviving abroad... search through the internet, Nairaland or other sources and thereafter brace yourself for the journey. The fittest will survive the journey as long as all you do or get yourself involved in are legal... don't go into things that will compromise your status... you will be fine until you regularize your papers.

Enjoy the process!!

2 Likes

Re: Setting Up A Barbershop Or Going To School Abroad by 007inc: 5:01pm On Nov 12, 2021
Ewroghene1:
Good day NLs

Or

Please I need You advice

If you are very good at your craft, here is my candid advice:
1. Go to school abroad { This will give you exposure}.
2. Once you are overseas, try and to get a job as a Barber in an African shop { This will earn you extra cash, and sharpen your skills } also you can still do other side jobs to support your self.
3. After 1 year of study and side hustle, use your Naija network to launch a mini-saloon in Nigeria { They can remit funds to you weekly }
4. Upon graduation, you must have gained a lot of experience in Hair saloon business abroad. Then you can now access yourself and decide which route you wish to take{ You could open a Saloon overseas, Add or upgrade your Naija saloon, Start a career job based on you course of study or you combine ALL if you are a smart entrepreneur}.

If you need more advice, I can as well guide you.
NB: If you are not yet sure of your visa or study plans , I strongly advice you set up the business, nurture it and when the time is right, you can travel out ASAP then apply the advice I stated above.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Setting Up A Barbershop Or Going To School Abroad by BABANGBALI: 5:14pm On Nov 12, 2021
Barbing salon wey open no pay am o, that why she run go dey do dead fowl barbecue. My brother go abroad go read and barb for people there
Re: Setting Up A Barbershop Or Going To School Abroad by Coldie(m): 5:17pm On Nov 12, 2021
dauddy97:
Please for all it takes, invest all the money you gat to school abroad. I mean a European country, not Ghana or other African countries. I mean, if you get the money, go Germany and study anything IT eg computer science, data science, information technology. While doing any of this, take your time to learn web development, graphics design, database development, machine learning or data science. You can get books to read while you code them out or attend boot camp. The later might be expensive but YouTube and Udemy are there but requires more than enough time and dedication. These will help u get a good internship where u can get experience on application of what you have learnt. When u are comfortable with the skills, if you like come Nigeria or stay abroad, all on you. Believe me, na job go dey find you. Not just jobs, jobs with over $24,000 per annum.
Please, invest in education. Not just education but quality education. Thanks.
My two cents.
European country get level o, make him no go Cyprus or Poland or Romania say him want go Europe o
Re: Setting Up A Barbershop Or Going To School Abroad by DaddyGngeess(m): 5:37pm On Nov 12, 2021
I will only advice you just one time, my guy travel out if you have the opportunity

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Has Your Boss In The Office Ever Approached You? / Have Anybody Receive Salary Yet..federal Workers Only / Now That You’ve Received Your January Salary, What Next?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.