Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,249 members, 7,936,818 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 12:55 AM

Taking A Bold Step To Know If I Have Kidney Disease Or Something Else - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Taking A Bold Step To Know If I Have Kidney Disease Or Something Else (46377 Views)

20 Million Nigerians Have Kidney Diseases - Nephrologists / Top 6 Causes Of Kidney Disease / Why Did I Have Kidney Stones? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Taking A Bold Step To Know If I Have Kidney Disease Or Something Else by dierich: 1:21am On Jan 15, 2022
Ayobiggie59:

OP pls how much is d.cost for d test cos I need to go for similar test. I'm.getting suspicious of my own kidney.

I went for a medical test to take to nysc in 2018, d doctor said I had proteinuria I.e protein in my urine. I later went to check my kidney and I was told my kidney was ok even though I know d test was not thorough enough.

Since then I've been having some symptoms like ankle pain, though d ankle was as a result of football injury and slight swelling on my left ankle that makes me not to be able to stand for too long. I also have back pain to bend down and do something is prb. Of recent I noticed I'm having a kind if pain close to my left chest my hrt position. I noticed after abstaining for sex for months, I started seeing something looking like sperm coming out of my urine at d beginning of my urination but after having sex or masturbating d cloudy urine will stop.

I'm curious to go for this test but I'm scared of d financial implications and also want to
know what kind of hospital run this test.

Generally I looked healthy but I just wish to go for this test to take away my doubt, I just hope its only my mind that is playing tricks on me.
I'll like to ask. Did your urine foamy?
Maybe when u urinate inside WC, did it bring out foam? Like someone that pour beer inside the glass cup
Re: Taking A Bold Step To Know If I Have Kidney Disease Or Something Else by log1(m): 3:53am On Jan 15, 2022
For your information

Re: Taking A Bold Step To Know If I Have Kidney Disease Or Something Else by dierich: 4:56am On Jan 15, 2022
log1:
For your information

Thanks for this.
I just hope my case isn't a kidney failure issue because I just started my life at 31
Re: Taking A Bold Step To Know If I Have Kidney Disease Or Something Else by Ayobiggie59: 6:56am On Jan 15, 2022
dierich:

I'll like to ask. Did your urine foamy?
Maybe when u urinate inside WC, did it bring out foam? Like someone that pour beer inside the glass cup

No. Pls how much is d test and what is it called?
Re: Taking A Bold Step To Know If I Have Kidney Disease Or Something Else by dierich: 7:41am On Jan 15, 2022
Ayobiggie59:

No. Pls how much is d test and what is it called?
I did the test 3 years ago and it was around #4500
Re: Taking A Bold Step To Know If I Have Kidney Disease Or Something Else by Ayobiggie59: 9:40am On Jan 15, 2022
dierich:

I did the test 3 years ago and it was around #4500

How much is d one u said u did yesterday.

I thought u opened this thread as a result of d test u did yesterday.
Re: Taking A Bold Step To Know If I Have Kidney Disease Or Something Else by dierich: 10:13am On Jan 15, 2022
Ayobiggie59:

How much is d one u said u did yesterday.

I thought u opened this thread as a result of d test u did yesterday.

No, read my post again sir.
I only post result of my test I did 3 years ago and now I want to further more to know what's wrong with my body systems. I only post the receipt of the fee I pay to the hospital in order to meet a consultant

1 Like

Re: Taking A Bold Step To Know If I Have Kidney Disease Or Something Else by subzeroth: 10:24am On Jan 15, 2022
To be honest sir your clinical symptoms I.e the decline urine output for 3years now, foamy urine, and elevated blood pressure at 28( though the bp in patient with kidney is often more markedly elaveted like somewhere above 180/120) are suggesivr of chronic kidney disease. However yourcreatin and urea as well as your abdominal ultrasound are very normal and that strongly rules out ckd.
If the result still comes out normal this time, i will advise u see a psychiatrist, u may be having psychosomatic anxiety disorder. That can also explain why your bd is moderately elavated and why u having some of those symptoms

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Taking A Bold Step To Know If I Have Kidney Disease Or Something Else by dierich: 10:28am On Jan 15, 2022
subzeroth:
To be honest sir your clinical symptoms I.e the decline urine output for 3years now, foamy urine, and elevated blood pressure at 28( though the bp in patient with kidney is often more markedly elaveted like somewhere above 180/120) are suggesivr of chronic kidney disease. However yourcreatin and urea as well as your abdominal ultrasound are very normal and that strongly rules out ckd

So, what do u think my problem could be?
Are you a medical practitioner?
I'm just down and fear has taken over my heart.
I think of death almost every hours. My life just started and I felt something bad is about to happen
I'm just kinda scared of kidney aliment.
Re: Taking A Bold Step To Know If I Have Kidney Disease Or Something Else by subzeroth: 10:44am On Jan 15, 2022
dierich:

So, what do u think my problem could be?
Are you a medical practitioner?
I'm just down and fear has taken over my heart.
I think of death almost every hours. My life just started and I felt something bad is about to happen
I'm just kinda scared of kidney aliment.
Yea I am a medical practitioner..
Kideney aliment is scary indeed not just to u but to everyone..but I noticed that you are "over scared' about it than how everyone does and thats a psychiatric condition- anxiety disorder with somatic manifestation and hypochondriasis.
This can also explain the blood pressure elevation and also the perceived decline in urine..am sure you also feel like your heart is pounding..
If your test turns out normal again, u may want go see a psychiatrist
Re: Taking A Bold Step To Know If I Have Kidney Disease Or Something Else by dierich: 10:49am On Jan 15, 2022
subzeroth:

Yea I am a medical practitioner..
Kideney aliment is scary indeed not just to u but to everyone..but I noticed that you are over anxious about it than normal and thats a psychiatric condition- anxiety disorder..
This can also explain the blood pressure elevation and also the perceived decline in urine..am sure you also feel like your heart is pounding..

Please, Allow me to chat u up on WhatsApp for easy communication.
My number is zero seven zero 33 34 seven six, seven six.
I'll appreciate it sir
Re: Taking A Bold Step To Know If I Have Kidney Disease Or Something Else by GetMeRight: 10:40pm On Jan 16, 2022
dierich:

Thanks for your response. I'm working in an office. No sunlight.
Also I drink a lot of water.
I may not urinate more dan twice a day and it will be just very little to some drops.
Overall daily urine can be as small as half of plastic bottle water and with high concentration.
Example is the picture I upload. That's a day urine after drinking like 10 pure water

Okay. But my verdict is that if those excess water are being lodged in your body, you would be clearly seeing the effects by now. And I'm sure that you would agree with me on that. So, why are you not observing the effects of water retention in your body by now?
Re: Taking A Bold Step To Know If I Have Kidney Disease Or Something Else by dierich: 2:58pm On Jan 17, 2022
GetMeRight:

Okay. But my verdict is that if those excess water are being lodged in your body, you would be clearly seeing the effects by now. And I'm sure that you would agree with me on that. So, why are you not observing the effects of water retention in your body by now?

The tin still dey wonder me sha.
Anyways, tomorrow is my appointment at the hospital. I just hope to hear a good news.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Taking A Bold Step To Know If I Have Kidney Disease Or Something Else by dierich: 12:04pm On Jan 19, 2022
I have went to the hospital yesterday because yesterday was my appointment.
I was told to run some test which I've done 3 years ago. So they wanted me to redo the test once again
Each test cost 6000. Making 12000 in total

Anyone who is willing to support me financially because I'm currently broke. No job right now.

Re: Taking A Bold Step To Know If I Have Kidney Disease Or Something Else by Beninwitch: 1:12pm On Jan 25, 2022
mekuso89:
Na so I go take ECG test the result came out they said I had left ventricular something I've forgotten, and that I should go for echo cardiography test (That's heart test or scan) 25k I was scared like oku nmuo but right their I was that my heart pretty much time, Danm na so I carry peace like a river go back home that day.

Thank you jesus

LOL. I know that experience. Last last they will say it is ulcer that is worrying you

1 Like

Re: Taking A Bold Step To Know If I Have Kidney Disease Or Something Else by dierich: 12:16am On Feb 10, 2022
Hello everyone. I'm back again. I've went for the tests and on Tuesday, I went to see the doctor. Everything went well so far. A lot of People are battling kidney related issues, both young and old, male and female.
Below are my results
They cost 12k.
6k each

Re: Taking A Bold Step To Know If I Have Kidney Disease Or Something Else by dierich: 12:20am On Feb 10, 2022
So, I was told to run another test cost 7500
Was also told to buy a particular drug. I'm yet to know the price but someone said it'll cost 12k because it was discovered I have stage 2 hypertension.
I'm still experiencing the low urine output, and I was told that care need to be taken so it won't affect my kidney later on

Re: Taking A Bold Step To Know If I Have Kidney Disease Or Something Else by Ayobiggie59: 8:33pm On Feb 11, 2022
dierich:
So, I was told to run another test cost 7500
Was also told to buy a particular drug. I'm yet to know the price but someone said it'll cost 12k because it was discovered I have stage 2 hypertension.
I'm still experiencing the low urine output, and I was told that care need to be taken so it won't affect my kidney later on

What's d name of the drug?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Doctors Hit Lagos Streets To Protest Mass Sack (PHOTOS) / MouthAction During Menstruation Unsafe, Gynaecologists Warn / Woman Delivers Baby After Missing Menstruation For 13 Years (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.