Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,274 members, 7,960,928 topics. Date: Saturday, 28 September 2024 at 12:23 PM

2 Soldiers, 18 Others Killed In Tiv/fulani Renewed Clash - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2 Soldiers, 18 Others Killed In Tiv/fulani Renewed Clash (18611 Views)

Top Boko Haram Commander, 55 Others Killed In Malumfatori, Borno State / Military Liberates Gudumbali In Borno, Loses 2 Soldiers / Elections: Lawmaker, 8 Others Killed By Insurgents In Gombe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2 Soldiers, 18 Others Killed In Tiv/fulani Renewed Clash by Calculia: 12:53pm On Jun 22, 2011
^^ So the killings are no longer religiously motivated. Mehn your not talkin to a kid here. I know the history of the fulani front to back and dat is their origins and destination. Let me tell u, if dey don't quit while still ahead the North will implode. A word is enough for the wise.  shocked

alj_harem:

who is forcing religious believe on people undecided

u people are commiting act of geocide on some people in the north and yet u are talking of religion

go to southern kaduna, u will see the way muslims are been killed daily

go to aba muslims were killed

and now is is forcing religious belive on people angry

man, this is a disagreement but the tiv/idoma people took it to the next level by killing there leaders

rubbish angry

alj_harem:

can the same be don to the tiv leaders without the whole nigeria placing abusing and cursing the north
Re: 2 Soldiers, 18 Others Killed In Tiv/fulani Renewed Clash by aljharem3: 12:59pm On Jun 22, 2011
Calculia:

^^ So the killings are no longer religiously motivated. Mehn your not talkin to a kid here. I know the history of the fulani front to back and dat is their origins and destination. Let me tell u if dey don't quit well still ahead the Niorth will implode. A word is enough for the wise.  shocked

and so if you know there history, does that change the fact that this is not anything religiou but revenge for the death of there leaders

do u know there are fulanis in lagos, ibandan, osun state, ebonyi, kogi etc and there has not been any attack

benin repulbic which is majority fons and yoruba are leaving peacfully with fulanis
Re: 2 Soldiers, 18 Others Killed In Tiv/fulani Renewed Clash by hackney(m): 1:07pm On Jun 22, 2011
Monkeys have no regard for life thats why they slaughter people.
they also look near-monkey; like this :
(too little skull room to accomodate a sizable brain.)

Re: 2 Soldiers, 18 Others Killed In Tiv/fulani Renewed Clash by namfav(m): 1:13pm On Jun 22, 2011
calculia if you do your research and see how fulani are treated and perceived in the middle belt you will see a case of provocation at the hands of the tiv leadership and the incompetence of the authorities, how can you kill the same people who are negotiating for peace with you? when will you get the peace or dont the tiv want peace with us?  these people have a history of killing fulani leaders thinking it will weaken the fulani in the region when it is just making things more difficult and ungovernable for everyone, nigeria is for all nigerians, we all have the right to move freely, wallahi benue doesn't belong to them it belongs to all nigerians and if you want to restrict our movement what is the point nigeria is one? please stop being hypocrites and life will be easy for all of us and those who want peace
Re: 2 Soldiers, 18 Others Killed In Tiv/fulani Renewed Clash by Calculia: 1:20pm On Jun 22, 2011
alj_harem:

and so if you know there history, does that change the fact that this is not anything religiou but revenge for the death of there leaders

do u know there are fulanis in lagos, ibandan, osun state, ebonyi, kogi etc and there has not been any attack

benin repulbic which is majority fons and yoruba are leaving peacfully with fulanis

So they take the law into their own hands now, if i was to take ur word for it. That is even a worse case scenario than the aforesaid earlier. A country can't function properly with this mob justice mentality of yours. I just pray that u people don't turn Nigeria into another Somalia at the rate ur going. It is appalling.
Re: 2 Soldiers, 18 Others Killed In Tiv/fulani Renewed Clash by aljharem(m): 1:27pm On Jun 22, 2011
namfav:

calculia if you do your research and see how fulani are treated and perceived in the middle belt you will see a case of provocation at the hands of the tiv leadership and the incompetence of the authorities, how can you kill the same people who are negotiating for peace with you? when will you get the peace or dont the tiv want peace with us?  these people have a history of killing fulani leaders thinking it will weaken the fulani in the region when it is just making things more difficult and ungovernable for everyone, nigeria is for all nigerians, we all have the right to move freely, wallahi benue doesn't belong to them it belongs to all nigerians and if you want to restrict our movement what is the point nigeria is one? please stop being hypocrites and life will be easy for all of us and those who want peace

well said

Calculia:

So they take the law into their own hands now, if i was to take your word for it. That is even a worse case scenario than the aforesaid earlier. A country can't function properly with this mob justice mentality of yours. I just pray that u people don't turn Nigeria into another Somalia at the rate your going. It is appalling.

so would u allow you people and leaders to be killed without u screaming

c'mon be really, the last time i remember, when igbos were killed in the north sometimes 2002, northerners in onitsha,aba and co were all killedx2

so what are u whinning about angry
Re: 2 Soldiers, 18 Others Killed In Tiv/fulani Renewed Clash by Guyman02: 1:35pm On Jun 22, 2011
haka_nai:

Five persons, including an Army officer, identified as Lt. Chinedu Anyanwu, were yesterday killed in the continued clash between Fulani herdsmen and Tiv tribesmen in the border communities in Guma Local Government of Benue State.

An Igbo commissioned officer loosing his life while protecting the lives of a group of people who fought together and bitterly against his own people to keep Nigeria 'One'
The Igbos are truly the ethnic group keeping Nigeria one, loosing their lives in so many crisis engulfing the North because they believe Nigerians must stay together.
Cattle routes and pasture lands must be delineated to avert this kind of crisis and the Fulani nomadic lifestyle has got to be mordernised by establishing ranches for them and teaching them mordern ways of rearing cattles than invading other peoples farm lands. We dont produce more cattle than Europe, we still import milk with all the Fulanis efforts and wars.
The Fulani cattle rearers are increasingly becoming a menace in West Africa not only in Nigeria because of the effects of drought. Solution: State Govt has to invest in ranches for them. Shikena
Re: 2 Soldiers, 18 Others Killed In Tiv/fulani Renewed Clash by mohid(m): 1:40pm On Jun 22, 2011
namfav:

This is sheer hypocrisy! why do we have states and regions, Nigeria is for all Nigerians no doubt but a Fulani man cannot share equal land rights with a Tiv man on farm lands in Benue state its just not done and if u are an indigene of a state in Nigeria u would know its true and not just for land matters but same goes for elective offices, government  appointments, state university admissions, and a whole lot of other issues, and for those who think the Fulani attack does not have a religious bearing, well ask yourself how come the Fulanis seem to always be at loggerheads with farmers in predominantly middle belt Christian communities like in Benue and Plateau …pray how many Fulani herdsmen have u heard attack farmers in the northern part of Nigeria where we have more farmlands than in the middle-belt?
Re: 2 Soldiers, 18 Others Killed In Tiv/fulani Renewed Clash by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jun 22, 2011
maclatunji:

It is okay to be ignorant, but is condemnable to show it on such a platform. So Fulani are now jihadists (do you even know what Jihad means?). This is a battle for land, the TIV are farmers while the Fulani seek pasture for their cattle on the same land. The conflict arises when there is no government intervention to control where pasture should be and where farmlands are. The fact that most TIV are Cristians and Fulanis are Muslims is beside the point, the same happens in Hausa land as well.

Fulani no know borders and rarely subject themselves to any form of authority other than that of their tribal chiefs. They would easily fight with Muslim farmers to get pasture for their Cattle. Once again it is a failure of government but people like you with your primitive UP! UP!! Jesus!!! mentality cannot comprehend that.

Whatever makes ur day!
What thing I know for sure is this: it was the fulani that brought the Islamic crusades to Nigeria. Their mindset is to destroy the people and calim their land. After all, they are the "rightful" onwers as messengers of the "merciful" Allah.

You blame government for a people so primitive that they dont regard any other authority apart from their chiefs? Well, for your info, the first Fulani chief who brought the land grabbing crusades in the name of Islam anbd the "merciful" Allah was named Usman Dan Fodio.

His descendants are continuing his mission. They have reached Benue, next is Kogi, then Ebonyi and Enugu.

We are vigilant! We are watching.
tolu001:

@mactunji

Please don't waste your energy trying to educate some d.umb folks here on NL, it's going to cost an arm and a leg to get them educated and stop thinking with their backsides.

Most of them (like the slowpoke u are trying to educate) are products of a failed Educational system in Nigeria.

If you mean that the history of Usman Dan Fodio the "father" of the Fulanis as was given to us by the "failed Educational System in Nigerian" is a lie, then I agree with you. Perhaps, I need some Arabic Studies!.
Re: 2 Soldiers, 18 Others Killed In Tiv/fulani Renewed Clash by madoba: 1:58pm On Jun 22, 2011
mohid:

This is sheer hypocrisy! why do we have states and regions, Nigeria is for all Nigerians no doubt but a Fulani man cannot share equal land rights with a Tiv man on farm lands in Benue state its just not done and if u are an indigene of a state in Nigeria u would know its true and not just for land matters but same goes for elective offices, government  appointments, state university admissions, and a whole lot of other issues, and for those who think the Fulani attack does not have a religious bearing, well ask yourself how come the Fulanis seem to always be at loggerheads with farmers in predominantly middle belt Christian communities like in Benue and Plateau …pray how many Fulani herdsmen have u heard attack farmers in the northern part of Nigeria where we have more farmlands than in the middle-belt?

God bless you my brother. namfav & alj harem your posts tell me you are clearly of northern region and are in support of this barbaric act committed by the fulanis shame on you northerners who believe in taking arms against others for every little thing.

I know the tivs to be a very hospitable and peaceful people. You b.a.s.t.a.r.d.s from the northern region are killers and repulsive maggots this country is still reeling from the havoc you caused during the last elections. I repeat useless idiotic b.a.s.t.a.r.d.s in the northern region death to you all
Re: 2 Soldiers, 18 Others Killed In Tiv/fulani Renewed Clash by otiigba1(m): 2:42pm On Jun 22, 2011
enomakos:

when will all this killing ever stop
when nigeria is divided into five countries, thats what i ve been praying for i hope in happens soon grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 2 Soldiers, 18 Others Killed In Tiv/fulani Renewed Clash by oojeokpe(f): 2:50pm On Jun 22, 2011
Another boko haram abi,soldiers killed on official assignment oya o soldiers its now ur fight,faya for faya and pls dont retreat until u wipe out the entire community.no regrets.
Re: 2 Soldiers, 18 Others Killed In Tiv/fulani Renewed Clash by EzeUche1(m): 2:56pm On Jun 22, 2011
Let us not forget that the Tiv are warriors. They have been fighting the Fulani for centuries. They do not only fight the Fulani but the neighboring Jukon.

But why was an Igbo soldier getting killed for these Tiv? Some of my brothers are too foolish.
Re: 2 Soldiers, 18 Others Killed In Tiv/fulani Renewed Clash by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jun 22, 2011
I so cannot believe what I'm reading from namfav and alj harem. 

Wow!

I believe the next best thing is to define a limit for the Fulanis and residents of those areas. Fulanis have no respect whatsoever for Non-Northern regions.
These people are, no doubt, ready to fight for one Nigeria.
Re: 2 Soldiers, 18 Others Killed In Tiv/fulani Renewed Clash by queensmith: 3:24pm On Jun 22, 2011
What on earth is warranting all this again? Are they trying to wipe out the tiv people? Nigeria is actually just in a tribal mess and there doesnt seem to be any substantial effort to end this.
Its obviously a distraction further flamed so the govt can continue to steal all the money but i dont think people need to continue to die for this cause. Not in this day and age.

We need to start threatening the governments soo called democracy and call for more independant power! Im sure this will ruffle thier feathers up enough to let them take action!
Re: 2 Soldiers, 18 Others Killed In Tiv/fulani Renewed Clash by namfav(m): 3:34pm On Jun 22, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

I so cannot believe what I'm reading from namfav and alj harem. 

Wow!

I believe the next best thing is to define a limit for the Fulanis and residents of those areas. Fulanis have no respect whatsoever for Non-Northern regions.
These people are, no doubt, ready to fight for one Nigeria.

what don't you want to believe my yoruba sister? why should there be a quota on fulani in areas in nigeria? isn't nigeria for all nigerians? i don't know what you mean by respect for non-northern regions
Re: 2 Soldiers, 18 Others Killed In Tiv/fulani Renewed Clash by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jun 22, 2011
namfav:

what don't you want to believe my yoruba sister? why should there be a quota on fulani in areas in nigeria? isn't nigeria for all nigerians? i don't know what you mean by respect for non-northern regions

I cannot believe that you okay-ed the killing of innocent people.

What quot on fulanis? What attacks on them?

I believe we've had this discussion before. You cannot go into other regions without respecting their property. The Fulanis go into Ekiti walking freely with their cows, trampling over resources that took days and weeks to grow. Messing everywhere. It's not fair.
Re: 2 Soldiers, 18 Others Killed In Tiv/fulani Renewed Clash by crowaddy1: 3:48pm On Jun 22, 2011
So sad.
That Lt.Chinedu just got married just over 2 weeks ago.
A soldier of the Republic sent to keep the peace dying amongst some sets of primitive and medieval beings
Re: 2 Soldiers, 18 Others Killed In Tiv/fulani Renewed Clash by nduchucks: 3:50pm On Jun 22, 2011
The Federal Government led by GEJ is squarely responsible for the security of all Nigerians. What are his plans to safeguard the security of these herdsmen and farmers alike?

The current administration continues to fail Nigerians as far as security is concerned - sooner or later, these security problems will start happening very close to the decision makers prompting actions that would be too little too late. Its time to allow each state to have his own police force.
Re: 2 Soldiers, 18 Others Killed In Tiv/fulani Renewed Clash by namfav(m): 3:51pm On Jun 22, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

I cannot believe that you okay-ed the killing of innocent people.

What quot on fulanis? What attacks on them?

I believe we've had this discussion before. You cannot go into other regions without respecting their property. The Fulanis go into Ekiti walking freely with their cows, trampling over resources that took days and weeks to grow. Messing everywhere. It's not fair.

no no, not me or alj harem said it is okay to go and kill people, we said that there was a provocation and if the tiv can defend themselves from fulani after killing fulani leaders and fulani people in the area then it would not make sense not to expect some kind of reprisal attack and we did not even say we support that, the tiv may claim it is their area but they are not in position to kill fulani as they wish

you said "to define a limit for the Fulanis and residents of those areas" maybe i mistook what you mean there, but i understand you, the lifestyle differences is a problem but the government should do better and some people can do better to protect their homesteads from any potential trampling
Re: 2 Soldiers, 18 Others Killed In Tiv/fulani Renewed Clash by vicenzo(m): 3:53pm On Jun 22, 2011
Guyman02:

An Igbo commissioned officer loosing his life while protecting the lives of a group of people who fought together and bitterly against his own people to keep Nigeria 'One'
The Igbos are truly the ethnic group keeping Nigeria one, loosing their lives in so many crisis engulfing the North because they believe Nigerians must stay together.
Cattle routes and pasture lands must be delineated to avert this kind of crisis and the Fulani nomadic lifestyle has got to be mordernised by establishing ranches for them and teaching them mordern ways of rearing cattles than invading other peoples farm lands. We dont produce more cattle than Europe, we still import milk with all the Fulanis efforts and wars.
The Fulani cattle rearers are increasingly becoming a menace in West Africa not only in Nigeria because of the effects of drought. Solution: State Govt has to invest in ranches for them. Shikena
Well said.
Re: 2 Soldiers, 18 Others Killed In Tiv/fulani Renewed Clash by ektbear: 4:12pm On Jun 22, 2011
As history has taught us, if you give the Fulani an inch, they'll take a mile.

Best bet for the Tiv would be to wipe out the Fulani utterly from their lands.
Re: 2 Soldiers, 18 Others Killed In Tiv/fulani Renewed Clash by EzeUche1(m): 4:15pm On Jun 22, 2011
ekt_bear:

Sounds like a Huckleberry Finn quote. . . undecided
Re: 2 Soldiers, 18 Others Killed In Tiv/fulani Renewed Clash by nduchucks: 4:17pm On Jun 22, 2011
ekt_bear:

- 100 A sort of thoughtless prescription - what's your reason for being this unreasonably provocative.
Re: 2 Soldiers, 18 Others Killed In Tiv/fulani Renewed Clash by namfav(m): 4:25pm On Jun 22, 2011
ekt_bear:

shocked
Re: 2 Soldiers, 18 Others Killed In Tiv/fulani Renewed Clash by ektbear: 4:27pm On Jun 22, 2011
*shrug*

Beat around the bush and act politically correct as much as you like. But people have the right to preserve the integrity of their homelands. By any means necessary.
Re: 2 Soldiers, 18 Others Killed In Tiv/fulani Renewed Clash by namfav(m): 4:32pm On Jun 22, 2011
ekt_bear:

*shrug*

Beat around the bush and act politically correct as much as you like. But people have the right to preserve the integrity of their homelands. By any means necessary.

and fulani will protect themselves, we have to protect our livelihoods as well fulani in the middle belt have families that have to eat, children that have to grow up, i hope when people read headlines like this they read to your comment
Re: 2 Soldiers, 18 Others Killed In Tiv/fulani Renewed Clash by udezue(m): 4:52pm On Jun 22, 2011
I don't feel sorry for the Tiv at this moment. Since they wanted to be Fulani so much let them reap their reward. If they the so called "warrior tribe" can't seem to protect their land and send the Fulani in Benue into extinction then that is their cup of tea. The Igbo officer that died must be the son of Ironsi, mtchew. Who wastes his time trying to protect and keep peace btwn ppl known for nothing but violence and have attacked ur own people?
Re: 2 Soldiers, 18 Others Killed In Tiv/fulani Renewed Clash by EzeUche1(m): 4:54pm On Jun 22, 2011
udezue:

I don't feel sorry for the Tiv at this moment. Since they wanted to be Fulani so much let them reap their reward. If they the so called "warrior tribe" can't seem to protect their land and send the Fulani in Benue into extinction then that is their cup of tea. The Igbo officer that died must be the son of Ironsi, mtchew. Who wastes his time trying to protect and keep peace btwn ppl known for nothing but violence and have attacked your own people?

But the Tiv are warriors though. They have been fighting Fulani incursions for centuries. . .

What is unforgivable is that they joined forces with the very tribe they have been sworn enemies against a tribe who has had peaceful trading contacts with them.
Re: 2 Soldiers, 18 Others Killed In Tiv/fulani Renewed Clash by 0803757920(m): 5:03pm On Jun 22, 2011
Homicide detectives have commenced investigations into the death of one Ngozi Onyii Onuneme from Ogiri, Isiala Mbutu, Aboh Mbaise Local Government Area of Imo State.

Vanguard gathered from a villager, who pleaded anonymity, that trouble started when the deceased had an argument with his mother, Mrs. Gladys Onuneme, who wanted to know why he had injured some other person.
According to the eyewitness, “the argument eventually snowballed into Ngozi beating up his mother.”
The source told Vanguard that on hearing the agonising cry of his mother, Ngozi’s elder brother came out, rescued his mother and, thereafter, beat up the “unruly boy”.
Continuing, the villager said Ngozi sustained injuries but was not treated before he went to bed, adding that the family woke up the next morning to behold the lifeless body of the young man.
Spirited efforts to get the Police to comment on the incident failed as the Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, neither picked his calls nor responded to the text message sent to him.
Re: 2 Soldiers, 18 Others Killed In Tiv/fulani Renewed Clash by Deeloc3206: 5:35pm On Jun 22, 2011
RIP to my course mate ,friend and brother ,Lieutenant Chinedu Anyanwu, I am terribly saddened by the loss of a comrade and i know God above knows best but notwithstanding the CO of the barracks that deployed my friends to the area they were killed should take the necessary drastic action in wiping out the whole of the Fulani clan in that community,it is a shame i am no more in in Army,I do not care what anyone thinks about my opinion but those bunch of peasants should be massacred cold bloodedly, for crying out loud,this mate of mine just got married a month ago and this is so so devastating, I say not much but that 'Unit' should act fast because a defender of the nation has been killed unjustly,

Once again ,REST IN PEACE LT CHINEDU ANYANWU,PRESTIGIOUS EX BOY OF THE NIGERIAN MILITARY SCHOOL ,ZARIA AND A REGULAR COMBATANT OF THE NIGERIAN DEFENCE ACADEMY.

MAY YOUR SOUL REST IN THE BOSOM OF THE LORD AND MAY THE ALMIGHTY GIVE YOUR FAMILY THE FORTITUDE TO BEAR THIS IRREPARABLE LOSS.

GOD BLESS THE DEAD.
Re: 2 Soldiers, 18 Others Killed In Tiv/fulani Renewed Clash by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jun 22, 2011
namfav:

no no, not me or alj harem said it is okay to go and kill people, we said that there was a provocation and if the tiv can defend themselves from fulani after killing fulani leaders and fulani people in the area then it would not make sense not to expect some kind of reprisal attack and we did not even say we support that, the tiv may claim it is their area but they are not in position to kill fulani as they wish

you said "to define a limit for the Fulanis and residents of those areas" maybe i mistook what you mean there, but i understand you, the lifestyle differences is a problem but the government should do better and some people can do better to protect their homesteads from any potential trampling

Ok, yea, a line should be drawn.

In a civilized world, you dont have animals and cows running around.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Presides Over The Federal Executive Council Meeting In Abuja - photos / South East Lawmakers Petition IG, Demand ‘igbo Must Go’ Sponsors Arrest / APC Directive On House Principal Officers Unconstitutional – Dogara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.