Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,167 members, 7,963,825 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 08:05 PM

I'm Scared I Wont Find A Wife If I Dont Compromise - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm Scared I Wont Find A Wife If I Dont Compromise (7982 Views)

I'm Scared Of Approaching A Girl Because I'm Broke / I'm Scared Of My Girlfriend / When Your Partner Doesnt Compromise For Love's Sake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Scared I Wont Find A Wife If I Dont Compromise by princeonx: 4:47am On Jun 24, 2011
just come out of the closet and tell us you're G.A.Y its nothing new instead of BS stories!
Re: I'm Scared I Wont Find A Wife If I Dont Compromise by YoruIgbo(m): 5:53am On Jun 24, 2011
madoba:

Yoru_Igbo, LOL u no well ooh! grin I tell you say I wan hook up? I'm impressed by the fact that there are still men like the poster out there,am not necessarily interested in the dude. Nigerians in yankee too get issues

What's so funny?angry I might just be your missing rib for all you know cheesy Just kidding around.

My sister wetin you wan make I talk? the truth is that the OP is not ready for marriage, I think he is only using this as an excuse to remain single and stingy grin In life you can't get exactly what you want and all you need do is get what you can and if you are not happy turn it to what you want.

No be Igbo man marry Yoruba girl and after 3 year the igbo man start to speak yoruba and e come be like cheating na im the yoruba man woman learn igbo by force and now the whole family dey speak yoruba and Igbo grin cheesy
Re: I'm Scared I Wont Find A Wife If I Dont Compromise by YoruIgbo(m): 6:08am On Jun 24, 2011
Please let this be the last posting here!! Mr Clean Man I mean Mr OP please visit the following website and register, I'm sure you will capture loads of Christian women there and eventually your problem will now be further selection criteria

1. http://www.justchristiandating.com/
2. www.christianmingle.com
3. www.christiandating.co.uk
4 www.christianconnection.co.uk
5.www.christianconnection.co.uk
6 www.fusion101.co.uk

Please this expo here is not OP only, anyone who is interested should visit site for christian men and women

Enjoy grin grin grin
Re: I'm Scared I Wont Find A Wife If I Dont Compromise by NegroNtns(m): 6:50am On Jun 24, 2011
@op, you stay away from independent women; stay away from any woman that tells stories about trustees and guards; stay away from women that initiate interest in three-way (you should initiate, not her), that's a hint your girl got a girlfriend (but its cool if you freaky like that :-)); stay away from women that cook rice in microwave; stay away from women that address you as 'nigga' , she's looking for a roughneck; stay away from women that ask for direction to the cornerstore, stay away from women that know the manager in majic city, foxxylady or strokers; you damn well better stay away from women that are tattooed up, she has recently fuc.k.ed somebody that owned a pistol and she still owe him something he wants back.

Well, good luck!
Re: I'm Scared I Wont Find A Wife If I Dont Compromise by NJV: 12:08pm On Jun 24, 2011
I totally understand how the OP feels because i've felt same way a number of times. I once broke up wit a guy cos he was angry i didnt allow him have se.x with me. I had to let him go his way when he told me he's gotten himself another girl to satisfy his desires! I just dont understand most believers these days! They just cant do without mixing the christian way of life with some worldliness. I hear born again believers tell me its not just possible to keep up with the bible's standard of living and i just wonder what then the grace of God and God's Holy Spirit are meant for?! Yea, mistakes happen at times but outrightly adopting and living by worldly standards as a child of God is wrong. I've heard my believing engaged friends tell me they'd like to get pregnant before the wedding and they get upset when i point out to them its not right as a child of God (which they know fully well). God will indeed help our generation.
@OP it is better to obey God than man. There are still godly believers around like you. Just be patient and you'll find one soon.
Re: I'm Scared I Wont Find A Wife If I Dont Compromise by cynthoney(f): 1:20pm On Jun 24, 2011
seriously, i dont talk in issues like this cos there r so many reasons a guy might be celibate b4 wedding not just because he is a christian.

a friend of mine got married to a guy who never wanted anything sexual b4 wedding
she thot herself as being lucky
she told me once 'mehn,i dint kw men like this still exist! i am so marrying this guy'
truthfully,i thot d same as she did.
and after her wedding,wen we met again,d girl narrated a hrtbrking story to me
how her husband couldnt perform in bed.Erection was even a big problem to him
and this was d reason y he stayed away from her so that she wouldnt find out and leave him

guy,im not saying u sud compromise ur faith but if u r ok sexually and all,
dont worry,ur own kind of girl ll come along
God ll help you thru it all so that u dont fall
most girls just want to kw the strength of their men b4 settling down with them.
Re: I'm Scared I Wont Find A Wife If I Dont Compromise by madoba: 3:39pm On Jun 24, 2011
NJV:

I totally understand how the OP feels because i've felt same way a number of times. I once broke up wit a guy cos he was angry i didnt allow him have se.x with me. I had to let him go his way when he told me he's gotten himself another girl to satisfy his desires! I just dont understand most believers these days! They just cant do without mixing the christian way of life with some worldliness. I hear born again believers tell me its not just possible to keep up with the bible's standard of living and i just wonder what then the grace of God and God's Holy Spirit are meant for?! Yea, mistakes happen at times but outrightly adopting and living by worldly standards as a child of God is wrong. I've heard my believing engaged friends tell me they'd like to get pregnant before the wedding and they get upset when i point out to them its not right as a child of God (which they know fully well). God will indeed help our generation.
@OP it is better to obey God than man. There are still godly believers around like you. Just be patient and you'll find one soon.

I totally feel you in every way, especially the part about how we believers are willingly/outrightly adopting the world's standard and then making excuses to justify our actions.
Re: I'm Scared I Wont Find A Wife If I Dont Compromise by madoba: 3:46pm On Jun 24, 2011
Amya:

@poster. . .Sagamite was just being sarcastic with you, and you totally fell for it. Surprised you totally did not notice the green light Madoba was flashing at you. . . .and to the post, there's something you are leaving out. I can't believe you are searching for a chaste-no-sex-before-marriage-girl. As a girl, i know that every girl wants guys that don't want sex from them as then they become sure of the guy's seriousness.

Amya, Amya, Amya how many times did I call you grin, Can't a girl be candid on this forum without being accused of something entirely different and un-true. I honestly wasn't flashing him any green lights just stating the fact I am determined to live by a certain standard i. e God's standard and no other.

I don't think you saw my next post after the initial one, but hey no offence taken just amused at you and Yoru-Igbo.
Re: I'm Scared I Wont Find A Wife If I Dont Compromise by Jkorokoro: 4:39pm On Jun 24, 2011
Madoba grin grin grin
Re: I'm Scared I Wont Find A Wife If I Dont Compromise by madoba: 4:47pm On Jun 24, 2011
Jkorokoro:

Madoba grin grin grin

Na wetin? tongue Please don't tell me you also think I was flashing green light. I go vex for you ooh angry
Re: I'm Scared I Wont Find A Wife If I Dont Compromise by JesusDWay(m): 5:11pm On Jun 24, 2011
@Poster. The last thing u wanna do is compromise, you will be the worse for it at the end because you would have borken the edge, and the serpent will surely bite.

However, i understand how you feel as suddenly its dawning on you that u really need to have been hooked up and probably have married by now, just hold on, God will eventually settle you. However i will not say you should not try out seeing some potentials. Try and network with people you believe have the same standards like you and they just might help introduce you to your type. I believe good believer girls still exist even black Americans. I saw one on TV the other day, on Hell Date(i just happened on the programme that day i dont get to watch it all the time) and one gilr was asked to leave necause she wasnt like the others. She told them she was raised in a Christain home and things like no sex before marriage. She was the first to get the boot out of three. As she was leaving, she ws saying she will pray for the salvation of the rest. It eally was funny because i wondered what she was doing there in the first place but like she said, it was supposed to be ger first date.

Anyway, i hope you be encouraged, God bless you.
Re: I'm Scared I Wont Find A Wife If I Dont Compromise by wait4me(m): 5:15pm On Jun 24, 2011
madoba:

Amya, Amya, Amya how many times did I call you grin,  Can't a girl be candid on this forum without being accused of something entirely different and un-true. I honestly wasn't flashing him any green lights just stating the fact I am determined to live by a certain standard i. e God's standard and no other.

I don't think you saw my next post after the initial one, but hey no offence taken just amused at you and Yoru-Igbo.
that's a good response,[s][/s] the more I read your post the more I fall in love[s][/s], please stop posting before I fall and not get up again grin

NJV:

I totally understand how the OP feels because i've felt same way a number of times. I once broke up wit a guy cos he was angry i didnt allow him have se.x with me. I had to let him go his way when he told me he's gotten himself another girl to satisfy his desires! I just dont understand most believers these days! They just cant do without mixing the christian way of life with some worldliness. I hear born again believers tell me its not just possible to keep up with the bible's standard of living and i just wonder what then the grace of God and God's Holy Spirit  are meant for?! Yea, mistakes happen at times but outrightly adopting and living by worldly standards as a child of God is wrong. I've heard my believing engaged friends tell me they'd like to get pregnant before the wedding and they get upset when i point out to them its not right as a child of God (which they know fully well). God will indeed help our generation.
thanks , patience is the key word.

Negro_Ntns:

@op, you stay away from independent women; stay away from any woman that tells stories about trustees and guards; stay away from women that initiate interest in three-way (you should initiate, not her), that's a hint your girl got a girlfriend (but its cool if you freaky like that :-)); stay away from women that cook rice in microwave; stay away from women that address you as 'nigga' , she's looking for a roughneck; stay away from women that ask for direction to the cornerstore, stay away from women that know the manager in majic city, foxxylady or strokers; you damn well better stay away from women that are tattooed up, she has recently fuc.k.ed somebody that owned a pistol and she still owe him something he wants back.

Well, good luck!
yes sir!
aktunde:

@Poster

Abeg for get that standard matter jor,  I don't believe all you are saying. I think you are the problem and not the ladies you come across. How do you recognize girls that meet your standard when you only look at them but don't see them?. Following your thread from the first page, I can see some green lights from some ladies. The fact that you do not see these green lights gives me an understanding of the type of guy you are. If you ignore all the girls in the US because of stereotyping (that all girls in US do not have a good moral standard) then you will continue to sit on the long thing for a very long time. I am not discouraging you from looking for Nigeria based ladies. My own opinion/question is; if you find it hard to discover the best girl for you while physically in Nigeria, then why do you think you will find it easy to discover a Nigerian born/based girl that meet your standard when you are no more in Nigeria?

My friend, sharpen you eyes and be logical in the standard you set. Get it clear. You cannot find everything you need in a single lady. And talking about moral standard. Just within 4 months in US, the second girl I slept with was a virgin in her mid 20s. Just this last Sunday, another girl of 27 in my church was telling me how her boy friend broke up with her because the guy is frustrated. According to her, their agreement was No marriage, No sex. They guy waited for 2 years, and still no sex; and the guy isn't ready for marriage yet. Frustrated, he called it off. And that is here in the US. She was born and raised here. A Nigerian, and Yoruba girl. So what are you talking about? So, would you say these ladies of 25 and 27 who are still virgins here in the US as at January this year are not better than lots of under 20s that are already committing abortion in Nigeria? A place we assume to be of a high moral standard. I simply believe the problem is you or the place you are looking out for them. Or probably, its not yet your time to discover your taste.

My final advice for you is that; do not judge all girls by the way they dress here. There are lots of girls who will be comfortable putting on Minis and are still virgins. Meanwhile there are lots of them without hearings, covering all their bodies and dieing in the church. But they are worse than harlots. So, I am not hopeless about the ladies in our generation. You only need to take your time to get close to them (without first judgement), open your eyes and that way you can see the ones that meet your standard if not even better. Bye-bye  undecided

I believe what your're saying 100%.Thanks for your candid advice.

NJV:

I totally understand how the OP feels because i've felt same way a number of times. I once broke up wit a guy cos he was angry i didnt allow him have se.x with me. I had to let him go his way when he told me he's gotten himself another girl to satisfy his desires! I just dont understand most believers these days! They just cant do without mixing the christian way of life with some worldliness. I hear born again believers tell me its not just possible to keep up with the bible's standard of living and i just wonder what then the grace of God and God's Holy Spirit  are meant for?! Yea, mistakes happen at times but outrightly adopting and living by worldly standards as a child of God is wrong. I've heard my believing engaged friends tell me they'd like to get pregnant before the wedding and they get upset when i point out to them its not right as a child of God (which they know fully well). God will indeed help our generation.
your story really inspired me, this is faith at work because you despise the pleasure of sin because of your belief.you just confirmed to me that there are many godly sisters out there and it just a matter of time. Thanks

Yoru_Igbo:

Please let this be the last posting here!! Mr Clean Man I mean Mr OP please visit the following website and register, I'm sure you will capture loads of Christian women there and eventually your problem will now be further selection criteria

1. http://www.justchristiandating.com/
2. www.christianmingle.com
3. www.christiandating.co.uk
4 www.christianconnection.co.uk
5.www.christianconnection.co.uk
6 www.fusion101.co.uk

Please this expo here is not OP only, anyone who is interested should visit site for christian men and women

Enjoy grin grin grin
sorry my friend, I dont believe in internet dating( I am not against it) but its not going to work for me.Thanks anyway for the suggestion.
Thirst4Lif:

I know more people in the U.S. who DON'T go to wild parties than people who do, so I don't know where

you're finding your women. The key to finding a quality woman is to go to places OF quality. Some people will go to bars or clubs, maybe even meet

someone standing on the bus stop and get involved with them, then complain because they don't meet his so called standards.

No one said you had to marry someone from the Western part of the world! Did they? So go back to your country and find a wife!

Problem solved!
Guy I will go back to naija to get a wife but I must look here first. I know a good number of well behaved girls back home. Thanks

All,
thanks for making the thread inspiring, educative and interesting!
Re: I'm Scared I Wont Find A Wife If I Dont Compromise by Thirst4Lif: 9:43pm On Jun 24, 2011
Guy I will go back to naija to get a wife but I must look here first.

Interesting choice of words; "I MUST look here first." Sounds as though you're anticipating

something. A Green Card, perhaps? So you want a virtuous woman who'll allow you to perform your 419 scam. Good luck

with that, Guy.   grin
Re: I'm Scared I Wont Find A Wife If I Dont Compromise by Amya(f): 10:11pm On Jun 24, 2011
^^^^ ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: I'm Scared I Wont Find A Wife If I Dont Compromise by wait4me(m): 11:40pm On Jun 24, 2011
Thirst4Lif:

Interesting choice of words; "I MUST look here first." Sounds as though you're anticipating

something. A Green Card, perhaps? So you want a virtuous woman who'll allow you to perform your 419 scam. Good luck

with that, Guy. grin
that's your opinion. you dont know me so you can say whatever you think, it doesn't bother me.
Re: I'm Scared I Wont Find A Wife If I Dont Compromise by YoruIgbo(m): 4:16am On Jun 25, 2011
wait4me:

that's your opinion. you dont know me so you can say whatever you think, it doesn't bother me.
Ashewo wait4me, you don abandon this thread and you don go start another thread on CBN cheesy grin Na money matter interest you now ok carry go
Re: I'm Scared I Wont Find A Wife If I Dont Compromise by wait4me(m): 5:17am On Mar 26, 2013
still searching, still haven't find my kind of lady.Just turned 31 and am getting tired of the whole thing.
Re: I'm Scared I Wont Find A Wife If I Dont Compromise by Nobody: 5:40am On Mar 26, 2013
wait4me: still searching, still haven't find my kind of lady.Just turned 31 and am getting tired of the whole thing.

Are you going out and meeting people, or just expecting the perfect woman to show up at your doorsteps?

Maybe you've unrealistic expectations too.
Re: I'm Scared I Wont Find A Wife If I Dont Compromise by wait4me(m): 6:02am On Mar 26, 2013
Yield:

Are you going out and meeting people, or just expecting the perfect woman to show up at your doorsteps?

Maybe you've unrealistic expectations too.
honestly my expectation are not unrealistic.I go out and I meet people in church also.All I want is a woman that I am attracted to and she loves God and have genuine interest in me.During this period I dated a girl for about one year but I wasn't convince she was the one we mutually broke up and parted ways.Dont know whether I should just relax and forget about this dating thing. Thanks for your advice.
Re: I'm Scared I Wont Find A Wife If I Dont Compromise by Nobody: 6:32am On Mar 26, 2013
wait4me:
honestly my expectation are not unrealistic.I go out and I meet people in church also.All I want is a woman that I am attracted to and she loves God and have genuine interest in me.During this period I dated a girl for about one year but I wasn't convince she was the one we mutually broke up and parted ways.Dont know whether I should just relax and forget about this dating thing. Thanks for your advice.
guy,
First let me predict that you'll CERTAINLY come back here in 2015 to repeat the same statements: "I haven't found someone still. All I want is just a girl that cares about meeee". Perhaps, even sadder.
You see, when sensible people set out to chose a wife, like it happens in civilized environments where you are, they don't set their standards in the sky. Instead, they identify people they like; they learn to love such persons; then they make plans to marry such persons.
Sometimes, I do wonder what will become of people like you if your wife woke up some day and decided all this religion is bul!crap and she wanted to do away with it, or perhaps if you observed that she has suddenly developed less and less interests in these christianly things; maybe mid-life crisis. Whatcha gonn do then? Leave her and go chasing another christian lady?

People like you who can't compromise on simple things of life, who never learn to flow with life while meandering their way through it, will most certainly continue with the same baggage they have acquired over the years. I bet you were having a good time earlier in the thread when the girls expressed so much love for your actions and thought there couldn't be a better man on the face of planet earth. Yet you seemed unaware that a good handful of them probably suspected that your insistence on no premarital sex must have to do with your inability to actually "perform". Did you?

Plus, someone suggested internet dating which could even connect you with women in your locality. Instead, your words where, "it's not my thing". Are you so technologically unaware? I bet if you had registered on one of those sites, you might have in fact taken your relationship from the web to the street, perhaps seen her physically and finally do away with the talking strictly online. Do you know how many successful marriages have materialized from the internet?
When people try online dating, it's not because they are desperate. Maybe that's your thinking. No! It's because the ones "suitable" for them are much farther away, and they needed an avenue to reach them.

In the end, all of these show your deep-seated beliefs about dating, women, se.x, etc. Beliefs which you refuse to mold with changing times, in spite of the need to. Don't let childhood fantasies continue dominating your adult life. Adopt a more dynamic approach to achieving your goals and do it wisely.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Scared I Wont Find A Wife If I Dont Compromise by Nobody: 6:37am On Mar 26, 2013
@ wait4me

If i may ask what state in US are u based?
Re: I'm Scared I Wont Find A Wife If I Dont Compromise by Nobody: 6:40am On Mar 26, 2013
-
Re: I'm Scared I Wont Find A Wife If I Dont Compromise by wait4me(m): 6:41am On Mar 26, 2013
livialives: @ wait4me

If i may ask what state in US are u based?
CA
Re: I'm Scared I Wont Find A Wife If I Dont Compromise by Nobody: 7:18am On Mar 26, 2013
Mr Op You can build a woman up if u genuinely care about her.
Set a good example to her 1st of all,Do Not be a hypocrite!2ndly be patient also. No woman is perfect and neither are you.
You also probably have faults that you would want someone to overlook.
instead of just looking for your own criteria make sure you also have the full the criteria a woman wants.
Being religious isn't enough. You have to possess other skills and mindsets that are essential to making a relationship work .
Are u social? Are u too uptight? Are u judge mental? Are u a man who takes control or do u seek approval from your pastor and others ? Romantic or rigid?
It takes a lot more than Religion to make a relationship work. That is just one part of the puzzle. The rest is attitude!

Wish u the best !!

1 Like

Re: I'm Scared I Wont Find A Wife If I Dont Compromise by wait4me(m): 6:12am On Apr 04, 2013
livialives:
Mr Op You can build a woman up if u genuinely care about her.
Set a good example to her 1st of all,Do Not be a hypocrite!2ndly be patient also. No woman is perfect and neither are you.
You also probably have faults that you would want someone to overlook.
instead of just looking for your own criteria make sure you also have the full the criteria a woman wants.
Being religious isn't enough. You have to possess other skills and mindsets that are essential to making a relationship work .
Are u social? Are u too uptight? Are u judge mental? Are u a man who takes control or do u seek approval from your pastor and others ? Romantic or rigid?
It takes a lot more than Religion to make a relationship work. That is just one part of the puzzle. The rest is attitude!

Wish u the best !!
I am very social, infact I can make you laugh every moment you are with me.
I am kind of uptight but am working on it.
I do not think am judgmental
I take control, do not seek any approval from anybody
I am not what you called religious o, I just have conservative views on certain issues.Other than that most lady i have interacted with find my personality pleasing because I can play a lot and I work a lot too. The one year relationship did not work because we were in two different continent but trust me the few times she spend with me was memorable according to her.
Re: I'm Scared I Wont Find A Wife If I Dont Compromise by Nobody: 9:40am On Apr 04, 2013
U r looking in the wrong places

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Girls Fighting,boobs Everywhere / Update On The Girl I Met In A Stripers Club / Two Lovers Pose After Hot Sex Session (Video, Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.