Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,157 members, 7,946,910 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 09:14 AM

Do You. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Do You. (383 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do You. by Iamsamson231(m): 4:35pm On Feb 08, 2022
Be who you are, copy nobody !

In 2019 when I started building my present house, it got to the roofing stage and I have my friend who also happens to be my neighbor and already living in his own house at the time tried severally to influence me using his own type of roofing sheet (Step tiles). He told me many good things about the roofing sheet (step tiles) and said a lot of discouraging things about Gerard which is generally known to be more attractive, expensive and durable.

At the time, I was not buoyant enough to purchase the Gerard but I could easily buy the step tiles, so I just told the carpenters to start the wooden roof work while I keep digging to purchase Gerard, I didn’t know that the carpenters in their minds thought I would settle for step tiles since they also did that of my friend and they installed step tiles measurement, so even my friend thought I would settle for step tiles. Then Almighty God did his thing for me and I purchased the Gerard, brought it and immediately my friend and his wife started feeling bad, his wife could not hide it anymore, she told the lady I was with at the time that she and her husband (my friend ) do not think that I am doing the right thing as the carpenters will have to make wooden adjustments since the step tiles and Gerard uses different measurements, this I didn’t know before hand but I have purchased Gerard already and there was still more than enough wood available for the adjustments so I just needed to pay for extra workmanship which at the time cost me extra #15,000.00.

Fast forward to 2022, guess who is taking off his step tiles completely from the house they have been living in for more than 4 years, doing wooden adjustments and just purchased Gerard? My friend! yes my neighbor friend who tried to dissuade me in 2019 to use step tiles like him and not use Gerard because there is too many fake of it and it is too expensive.

Apparently, everyday he wakes up and he sees my roof, he wants it so bad and this has obviously caused him sleepless nights !

This post is not in anyway to throw shade at my friend but to tell you how inconsistent the human mind can be ! However, the biggest lesson here is that do not let people change who you are, do you, live your life and go for that thing you truly desire even if everybody tries to demonize it, there is high possibility that they low key want it !

Comrade M.S.O

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Relocation Sales / TO LET PH - Newly Built 2 Bedroom Flat @ Sars Road / Mattress For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.