Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,653 members, 7,962,134 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 12:08 AM

Beasts Of No Nation: I Now Understand Why Fela Is Regarded As A Legend - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Beasts Of No Nation: I Now Understand Why Fela Is Regarded As A Legend (321 Views)

Throwback Record Of The Week: Fela Anikulapo Kuti - Beasts Of No Nation (1989) / US Naval Force Performs Fela Kuti's "Water E No Get Enemy" / BOS - Fela Is Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beasts Of No Nation: I Now Understand Why Fela Is Regarded As A Legend by Nobody: 12:23am On Feb 21, 2022
One of the best nights of my life. I listen to bass guitarist in the background and the melody just snatches my soul.
The whole sound is out of this world and 200 years ahead of its time.
Then fela's message on the song cements the magic. Fela was a prophet. I rate him at par with Tupac when it comes to being provoking.

I listened to magic tonight while reflecting on my life's journey and struggles.

Jesus, I cried tonight.

Fela is one the greatest artist to touch a mic.

3 Likes

Re: Beasts Of No Nation: I Now Understand Why Fela Is Regarded As A Legend by Nobody: 10:34am On Mar 24, 2022
Jesusdiedhaha:
One of the best nights of my life. I listen to bass guitarist in the background and the melody just snatches my soul.
The whole sound is out of this world and 200 years ahead of its time.
Then fela's message on the song cements the magic. Fela was a prophet. I rate him at par with Tupac when it comes to being provoking.

I listened to magic tonight while reflecting on my life's journey and struggles.

Jesus, I cried tonight.

Fela is one the greatest artist to touch a mic.
Welcome.. it's the sax for me man... that man has his own unique way about it. I'm a jazz lover. Especially those with heavy bass and sax but i fell in love with fela's sax even before paying attention to his prophecies
Re: Beasts Of No Nation: I Now Understand Why Fela Is Regarded As A Legend by Nobody: 11:44am On Mar 24, 2022
killmods:

Welcome.. it's the sax for me man... that man has his own unique way about it. I'm a jazz lover. Especially those with heavy bass and sax but i fell in love with fela's sax even before paying attention to his prophecies
I totally agree bro.

Just listen to the Sax he plays between 10:35 - 11:05 minutes of the song.

He says 'let's go to another underground spiritual'.
Then it goes something like: la la, la la la la....

Those few seconds remains one of the most iconic moments in my musical listening journey.

I'll be visiting the Fela Shrine when next I'm in lagos. I need to stand on the same ground as this Sax Legend.

(1) (Reply)

Blaqbones COMPETES With Burna Boy / Jaybrown De Ultimate – I Forgive Myself / Am I The Only One - Aaron Lewis Lyrics Release on 2nd July, 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.