Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,027 members, 7,963,345 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 10:14 AM

Buhari Advises Consensus Option At APC National Convention - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Advises Consensus Option At APC National Convention (11695 Views)

Aspirants Oppose APC’s Consensus Option For National Chairmanship / CAN Congratulates Buhari, Advises Him On Cabinet Selection / 2019 Presidency: PDP Dumps Consensus Option, May Prune Down Aspirants To 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Advises Consensus Option At APC National Convention by deltaprincess(f): 10:56am On Feb 23, 2022
Masterito:
All what you wrote will be trash if Buhari doesn't support Buhari will deal with anybody against him.

Young man. You need to understand Buhari is almost done with his Tenure and there is very little interests he carries along with consequentially.

What political actors will be looking out now are people like Tinubu, who has the capacity, network, resources and every tendency to become president.
Re: Buhari Advises Consensus Option At APC National Convention by deltaprincess(f): 10:58am On Feb 23, 2022
djon78:

Tinubu didn't unseat Jonathan, it was more of Jonathan's docility,not knowing how to use power and the fact that Nigerians were tired.

How much votes did Tinubu give Buhari? Buhari got more votes from the North, other regions gave Buhari votes with the exception of South East and South South

As for you saying Buhari can't do anything, let's watch and see.
But one thing I know is that every outgoing president has a very huge say on who succedes him. Obasanjo foisted yaradua on the nation and you think Buhari will be neutral with all the power he presently wields.
Can Nigerians open there mouth and talk unlike Jonathan period? No
Buhari wields so much power and you think he can't do anything in ensuring his rightful candidate emerges. He has all the cards to play in 2023

You are a complete Neophyte in politics. Buhari had tried several times to become President but failed woefully. However, was able to actualize his dream with the help of Tinubu.

Except you are blatantly denial and mendacious.
Re: Buhari Advises Consensus Option At APC National Convention by deltaprincess(f): 11:00am On Feb 23, 2022
porthouse7:
don't give dat mumu a befitting response, just laugh at him and move

I need to school these kids on basic politics. They are drenched in ignorance!!
Re: Buhari Advises Consensus Option At APC National Convention by Masterito(m): 12:30pm On Feb 23, 2022
Lol, how much do you even know politics. The president will want someone he can have an influence on. I know you love Tinubu but it is not enough to make him president.
deltaprincess:

Young man. You need to understand Buhari is almost done with his Tenure and there is very little interests he carries along with consequentially.

What political actors will be looking out now are people like Tinubu, who has the capacity, network, resources and every tendency to become president.
Re: Buhari Advises Consensus Option At APC National Convention by deltaprincess(f): 12:34pm On Feb 23, 2022
Masterito:
Lol, how much do you even know politics. The president will want someone he can have an influence on. I know you love Tinubu but it is not enough to make him president.

Time will tell young prik
Re: Buhari Advises Consensus Option At APC National Convention by Masterito(m): 12:37pm On Feb 23, 2022
Lol, faceless forum it is. I may even be older than your dad but I am not sure. No worries.
deltaprincess:

Time will tell young prik
Re: Buhari Advises Consensus Option At APC National Convention by deltaprincess(f): 2:14pm On Feb 23, 2022
Masterito:
Lol, faceless forum it is. I may even be older than your dad but I am not sure. No worries.

Yet your celebral acumen is way beneath mine. You should be ashamed of yourself.
Re: Buhari Advises Consensus Option At APC National Convention by Masterito(m): 2:28pm On Feb 23, 2022
Like I said it is a faceless forum. So you are to boost, ride on.
deltaprincess:

Yet your celebral acumen is way beneath mine. You should be ashamed of yourself.
Re: Buhari Advises Consensus Option At APC National Convention by fyneguy: 3:02pm On Feb 23, 2022
israelmao:

Some people working for Tinubu in Buhari's own state doesn't have to be with Buhari's knowledge,anyone who is serious to become Nigerian president has his political structure in place virtually in every state and people that coordinate and mobilize.Truly, Buhari will not decide for Nigerians come 2023 but final decision will be through balloting.I've said,time has changed and things have changed as well as people,2023 is not going be like 2015.

Lol this is an exaggeration. Even BMC had to defer to Tinubu during 2019 elections. The Katsina person is the GOV! Not just a commoner. Masari controls APC machinery there, yet he is a BAT guy. Trust me, if Buhari was keen about imposing his fave, the Gov of his state would align with him.
Re: Buhari Advises Consensus Option At APC National Convention by israelmao(m): 3:17pm On Feb 23, 2022
fyneguy:

Lol this is an exaggeration. Even BMC had to defer to Tinubu during 2019 elections. The Katsina person is the GOV! Not just a commoner. Masari controls APC machinery there, yet he is a BAT guy. Trust me, if Buhari was keen about imposing his fave, the Gov of his state would align with him.

Please take time to read and digest my submission there's no "exaggeration".You said Masari controls APC machinery,now is it every APC stalwart in Kastina that is with Tinubu?Even some politicians who Tinubu nominated in Southwest in 2015 have turned against him today.Please don't overrate Tinubu,just wait and see how event unfolds.
Re: Buhari Advises Consensus Option At APC National Convention by djon78(m): 4:05pm On Feb 23, 2022
deltaprincess:

You are a complete Neophyte in politics. Buhari had tried several times to become President but failed woefully. However, was able to actualize his dream with the help of Tinubu.

Except you are blatantly denial and mendacious.

How many votes did Tinubu give Buhari?

Look at the big picture?
Nigerians were tired, they wanted change. Buhari had votes across the nation.

If you want to mention those that supported Buhari with there resources, Rotimi Amaechi played a pivotal role. In the APC primaries, Buhari had no money, Atiku had the fund and flooded the convention with dollars. Amaechi with Rivers money matched Atiku dollars for dollars, Buhari won the primaries. That's why Buhari doesn't play with the guy.

Tinubu was not the only one that made Buhari president. So stop saying all those. His voting contribution no reach one quarter of what Buhari got from the entire North: North East, West and the middle belt.

In 2011 Buhari didn't get the entire North. More of North West and East. Jonathan had a bit of core northern votes, the whole of middle belt, South South, South East, South West although he lost osun state to ribadu

But in 2015 Buhari got entire core North, middle belt and South West. While Jonathan got only South South and South East. That's the difference
Re: Buhari Advises Consensus Option At APC National Convention by deltaprincess(f): 4:11pm On Feb 23, 2022
djon78:

How many votes did Tinubu give Buhari?

Look at the big picture?
Nigerians were tired, they wanted change. Buhari had votes across the nation.

If you want to mention those that supported Buhari with there resources, Rotimi Amaechi played a pivotal role. In the APC primaries, Buhari had no money, Atiku had the fund and flooded the convention with dollars. Amaechi with Rivers money matched Atiku dollars for dollars, Buhari won the primaries. That's why Buhari doesn't play with the guy.

Tinubu was not the only one that made Buhari president. So stop saying all those. His voting contribution no reach one quarter of what Buhari got from the entire North: North East, West and the middle belt.

In 2011 Buhari didn't get the entire North. More of North West and East. Jonathan had a bit of core northern votes, the whole of middle belt, South South, South East, South West although he lost osun state to ribadu

But in 2015 Buhari got entire core North, middle belt and South West. While Jonathan got only South South and South East. That's the difference

Kid brain. Without Tinubu, Buhari would have never materialized his Presidential ambition. Even Buhari knows he owes it to Tinubu.

So let us see if Buhari will pay Tinubu back in the same measure or will work against his ambition.

However, it is important to know that Tinubu has already done his homework. He has the most vast network compared to any potential aspirant. With or without Buharis support, he is capable to win the candidacy in a fair Direct or indirect Primary.
Re: Buhari Advises Consensus Option At APC National Convention by djon78(m): 4:13pm On Feb 23, 2022
deltaprincess:

Kid brain. Without Tinubu, Buhari would have never materialized his Presidential ambition. Even Buhari knows he owes it to Tinubu.

So let us see if Buhari will pay Tinubu back in the same measure or will work against his ambition.

However, it is important to know that Tinubu has already done his homework. He has the most vast network compared to any potential aspirant. With or without Buharis support, he is capable to win the candidacy in a fair Direct or indirect Primary.

I will mark this moniker. When the dust settles, we will know how far.
Re: Buhari Advises Consensus Option At APC National Convention by deltaprincess(f): 4:16pm On Feb 23, 2022
djon78:

I will mark this moniker. When the dust settles, we will know how far.

Politics is a game and Tinubu is the best at it at the moment. Name one contender that have more clout than him?

He is an asset and APC knows if he pulls out, they stand a chance of loosing the election.

Look at the just concluded Abuja local elections.
Re: Buhari Advises Consensus Option At APC National Convention by fyneguy: 4:24pm On Feb 23, 2022
israelmao:

Please take time to read and digest my submission there's no "exaggeration".You said Masari controls APC machinery,now is it every APC stalwart in Kastina that is with Tinubu?Even some politicians who Tinubu nominated in Southwest in 2015 have turned against him today.Please don't overrate Tinubu,just wait and see how event unfolds.

Lol When I say Masari controls the APC, of course, it's about the majority. He will influence delegates, mostly appointees, legislators and party executives. In most cases, they deliver bloc votes, with negligible dissents.
Re: Buhari Advises Consensus Option At APC National Convention by djon78(m): 4:30pm On Feb 23, 2022
deltaprincess:

Politics is a game and Tinubu is the best at it at the moment. Name one contender that have more clout than him?

He is an asset and APC knows if he pulls out, they stand a chance of loosing the election.

What happened at Abuja election. APC got 3 PDP got 3.
Abuja has been a PDP enclave
Buhari even lost 2019 presidential election to atiku in Abuja.

APC even tried to grab 3 local governments
Re: Buhari Advises Consensus Option At APC National Convention by djon78(m): 4:34pm On Feb 23, 2022
deltaprincess:

As for Tinubu I have nothing much to say, but people that have all the powers rearly get Nigerian presidency:

When OBJ came out of prison he didn't have much clout
Yaradua had no clout
Jonathan had no clouth
Even Buhari had no clout, he failed many times

So I will be on the lookout for Tinubu
He has so much clout
Whether he will break the jinx
Re: Buhari Advises Consensus Option At APC National Convention by soojar(m): 6:15pm On Feb 23, 2022
djon78:

And you think the president doesn't have the final say?

If Buhari doesn't support Tinubu, he will not even win the primaries talkless of presidential election

President's don't play with there successors
And the president controls the machinery, everything even inec

So you guys just pray the president supports una principal. But as it stands now, the cabal in the seat of power runs everything and it seems the president has there listening ear

"They have the president's listening ears"
Re: Buhari Advises Consensus Option At APC National Convention by deltaprincess(f): 6:23pm On Feb 23, 2022
djon78:

As for Tinubu I have nothing much to say, but people that have all the powers rearly get Nigerian presidency:

When OBJ came out of prison he didn't have much clout
Yaradua had no clout
Jonathan had no clouth
Even Buhari had no clout, he failed many times

So I will be on the lookout for Tinubu
He has so much clout
Whether he will break the jinx

Very typical.... You are a poor student of political history. During the previous Abuja local elections, APC had 5 of the 6 Councils, with APGA and PDP having 1 each.

Just recently, the concluded local election suggests PDP gaining grounds. Including winning the seat of power, previously won by APC.

Only a person riddled in denial will think APC is still waxing strong. The party is bleeding and the leaders know it.

If Tinubu pulls out his support, APC will fail to beat PDP. Tinubu holds the Joker and he knows it, any reasonable person in politics knows it.

That man is a political genius and he has done his homework, hence his confidence.
Re: Buhari Advises Consensus Option At APC National Convention by deltaprincess(f): 6:28pm On Feb 23, 2022
djon78:

Olodo!!

The previous election APC had 5, APGA had 1 PDP had 1.

Today APC has 3 PDP has 3.

What does that suggest?

You lack depth and you are grossly misinformed.

You are confusing the general election with the local election hence your invalidity and nonsensical views.

You are a baby in politics my dear.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Advises Consensus Option At APC National Convention by Dapson73(m): 6:39pm On Feb 23, 2022
djon78:

And you think the president doesn't have the final say?

If Buhari doesn't support Tinubu, he will not even win the primaries talkless of presidential election

President's don't play with there successors
And the president controls the machinery, everything even inec

So you guys just pray the president supports una principal. But as it stands now, the cabal in the seat of power runs everything and it seems the president has there listening ear

What then happened to Jonathan with all the control of the machinery?
Face reality and stop being childish. Even if Buhari has another candidate at heart, he will be victimized with Asiwaju networking and give in at the end.
He knows the strength of Jagaban, the lion of bourdilon himself. When lion roars, other animals fidget.
Re: Buhari Advises Consensus Option At APC National Convention by israelmao(m): 7:39pm On Feb 23, 2022
fyneguy:

Lol When I say Masari controls the APC, of course, it's about the majority. He will influence delegates, mostly appointees, legislators and party executives. In most cases, they deliver bloc votes, with negligible dissents.

Please ,this is a just vague statement until you are able to establish it statistically.How many of the delegates,appointees,legislators,Masari will be able to influence on behalf of Tinubu and voters when it comes to general election?And remember Kastina is just a drop in a big ocean considering Nigeria.Mellow down your toga of pride about Tinubu.We're talking about someone becoming the president of Nigeria and you're fixated on Kastina.
Re: Buhari Advises Consensus Option At APC National Convention by djon78(m): 8:36pm On Feb 23, 2022
Dapson73:

What then happened to Jonathan with all the control of the machinery?
Face reality and stop being childish. Even if Buhari has another candidate at heart, he will be victimized with Asiwaju networking and give in at the end.
He knows the strength of Jagaban, the lion of bourdilon himself. When lion roars, other animals fidget.

Jonathan was an extremely weak president, don't even go there

Obasanjo and Buhari are on a different level.

People that were running there mouth during Jonathan regime, they born them well make dey talk now

Most of you folks don't even know what you have got yourself into. Buhari has the final say and he will definitely surprise Nigerians.
Re: Buhari Advises Consensus Option At APC National Convention by 1831one1: 4:37am On Feb 24, 2022
[s]
post=110463058:
Anything to move our darling nation forward is all we want @[/color].

God bless our darling Daddy President Muhammadu Buhari and his amiable Vice president Prof Yemi Osinbajo for all they are doing to make this once battered and looted nation.

God bless all good, sane, honest and hardworking [color=#006600]Nigerians.

God bless Nigeria
[/s]
Re: Buhari Advises Consensus Option At APC National Convention by Dapson73(m): 6:22pm On Feb 24, 2022
djon78:

Jonathan was an extremely weak president, don't even go there

Obasanjo and Buhari are on a different level.

People that were running there mouth during Jonathan regime, they born them well make dey talk now

Most of you folks don't even know what you have got yourself into. Buhari has the final say and he will definitely surprise Nigerians.

Cele ntan e.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fayemi Congratulates Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, APC Presidential Candidate / Best Military Rule Worse Than Any Democracy – Ihejirika / "Avoid Me, Davido" Buhari Fights Davido Over His Ridiculing Comment (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.