Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,918 members, 7,959,876 topics. Date: Friday, 27 September 2024 at 09:14 AM

This One Na Yahoo Boy - Lagos Police CP's Team Detain NYSC Member, Demands Bribe - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This One Na Yahoo Boy - Lagos Police CP's Team Detain NYSC Member, Demands Bribe (37089 Views)

I Never Said I Will Scatter Nnamdi Kanu Parent’s Burial – Abia Police CP / Barr. Ifeanyi Ejiofor Petitions Police CP; ACP; Emeka Ofor To British Authority / Plot To Detain Obasanjo Is Real - Fani Kayode, Releases List Of Other Targets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This One Na Yahoo Boy - Lagos Police CP's Team Detain NYSC Member, Demands Bribe by Ghostrye: 1:26pm On Feb 27, 2022
Hashabiah:
I can related with the unlawful detention and arrest but the guy brought suspicion to himself by dressing and leaving his hairstyle like that of a Yahoo boy .

Moral of the story: You can't dress like a harlot and expect not be be treated like a business man . It's impossible
It is only natural your reasoning is affected by the place you live. You have been subjected to slavery for so long, you can't but reason like mental slaves

5 Likes

Re: This One Na Yahoo Boy - Lagos Police CP's Team Detain NYSC Member, Demands Bribe by Smartgeek(m): 1:26pm On Feb 27, 2022
The Nigerian Police are just all about extortion. Being a lawless state, let's all avoid things that easily make the police stereotype people as described by the OP until sanity is restored to the system.

Now he don enter cell, collect beating, get traumatised all for nothing. The police will continue the same thing tomorrow because they will not bear the consequences of their erroneously carried out heinous acts.

Ikorodu is a notorious oppression zone for these wicked officers.

Let's stay safe.
Re: This One Na Yahoo Boy - Lagos Police CP's Team Detain NYSC Member, Demands Bribe by Aksnoopy: 1:26pm On Feb 27, 2022
I was traveling from Lagos to Benin in a sienna bus. I was seated at the front of the car, when we got to a village after Okada town, we were stopped by a police patrol team stationed there. They parked our vehicle alongside two other sienna bus we met there.

A policeman dressed in special force attire came up to me and asked who I was, I showed him my ID. He thereafter asked a guy behind me to step out of the car, he collected his phone and took him to a shed. He accessed his phone and started demanding money from him.

This police me extorted #70,000 from two boys in the other cars and detained the guy from our car just because he was stubborn and had no money to settle.
The policemen assaulted him and tagged him a yahoo boy of which he is.
He urged me to make a video, but I couldnt risk my phone and life.

Our driver had to abandon the guy with the policemen because it was getting late and the guy refused to settle them. They actually asked us to go because they won't release him.

Nigeria is bleeped behind redemption, believe you me!
Re: This One Na Yahoo Boy - Lagos Police CP's Team Detain NYSC Member, Demands Bribe by Slurity(m): 1:27pm On Feb 27, 2022
I blame the police and also blame the guy for his indecency.

1 Like

Re: This One Na Yahoo Boy - Lagos Police CP's Team Detain NYSC Member, Demands Bribe by ivandragon: 1:27pm On Feb 27, 2022
Nigeria security operatives need serious reorientation...

Also, you dress the way you want to be addressed...
Re: This One Na Yahoo Boy - Lagos Police CP's Team Detain NYSC Member, Demands Bribe by ShaqFu: 1:27pm On Feb 27, 2022
You can imagine. They gave him 500 Naira for transport.

Please anybody who knows Daniel should tell him to sue those police men.
Re: This One Na Yahoo Boy - Lagos Police CP's Team Detain NYSC Member, Demands Bribe by Nobody: 1:28pm On Feb 27, 2022
Same thing they did to me many times at Ojo Alaba international
Re: This One Na Yahoo Boy - Lagos Police CP's Team Detain NYSC Member, Demands Bribe by NGArmyTerrorist: 1:28pm On Feb 27, 2022
These things had never happened to you and your family members; the day this thing will happen to you; you will know that Zoo is a better name because you will call it "a worst name you ever known. " The terrorist in uniforms; they had never failed amaze people for a day!
Re: This One Na Yahoo Boy - Lagos Police CP's Team Detain NYSC Member, Demands Bribe by maticar: 1:29pm On Feb 27, 2022
Hashabiah:
I can related with the unlawful detention and arrest but the guy brought suspicion to himself by dressing and leaving his hairstyle like that of a Yahoo boy .

Moral of the story: You can't dress like a harlot and expect not be be treated like a business man . It's impossible
People like you should be panel beated really for reasoning like cows

4 Likes

Re: This One Na Yahoo Boy - Lagos Police CP's Team Detain NYSC Member, Demands Bribe by silverlinen(m): 1:31pm On Feb 27, 2022
Omo oppression for everybody for this country.
Na so one anti-cultism group stop me and my guys for de choice calabar just because we dey with 4matic, and with 2 braided hairstyles for head, them begin dey harass us. Las las na chicken and jollof rice take away with a pack of yoghurt all of them carry comot, with 30k.
All those anti cultist boys na the new sars on the street now.
But this one no go stop us from steady bombing and cashing out.
Re: This One Na Yahoo Boy - Lagos Police CP's Team Detain NYSC Member, Demands Bribe by goslowgoslow(m): 1:32pm On Feb 27, 2022
Hashabiah:

You are a mumu man

4 Likes

Re: This One Na Yahoo Boy - Lagos Police CP's Team Detain NYSC Member, Demands Bribe by maasoap(m): 1:34pm On Feb 27, 2022
DrGoodman:
This is not surprising, in fact, it happens all over the south of Nigeria. Youths are harassed, killed, raped, and maimed by the same armed forces who were armed to protest their lives.

[s] Some part of Northern Nigeria are planning to destabilise the whole country so they can take it over.
[/s]
So they use the armed forces whom are directly under their control to intimidate, arrest, torture, detain, harrass, and even kill many youths for being southerners.

Some are labelled to be ritual killers, yahoo boys or terroriwithout any form of proof, yet they are killed and no records of the crimes are being kept anywhere.

Some people say this is because they northerners want to "tame the south" , they want to discipline every youth to force them to agree to intimidation, others say they are killing off the southern youths to erase any resistance as they plan to invade the south in 2022.

Small sense like this, u no get. Southerners are as bad as northerners, northerners are as suffering as southerners. So, why whipping up the sentiment?
Re: This One Na Yahoo Boy - Lagos Police CP's Team Detain NYSC Member, Demands Bribe by GloriousGbola: 1:34pm On Feb 27, 2022
Hashabiah:
[s][/s] You must be stupid . Even if he's a" programmer ", must he dress like a Yahoo boy and drag the attention of the police ? If a lawyer in today's Nigeria dresses like a Yahoo boy he will still be detained, if not harassed.

Stop talking nonsense.

Continue defending this nonsense and it will still get to you.

I can accuse you or being a yahoo boy because you are in a corolla, because you have a laptop, because you have an iphone. Because you have a backpack.

What you are doing is called moral policing, and if left unchecked will take you all the way to hisbah style where they shave your head for non compliance.

The police have no business with your dressing whatsoever.

People like you will complain tomorrow about hisbah, but here you are defending the same nonsense they do up north

The police are simply looking for any excuse to shake down youths.

3 Likes

Re: This One Na Yahoo Boy - Lagos Police CP's Team Detain NYSC Member, Demands Bribe by NGpatriot: 1:34pm On Feb 27, 2022
The sad part is the fact that these are the actions of Nigerians I'm general, they will shout and rail over corruption, police brutality and bad governance, but allow them to occupy the same position and watch then do the same thing, Nigerians are the bribe collectors at the customs, at the airport, at the NPA, at the passport office, at the drivers licence office...

This is why I don't take their moaning and crying seriously..

Nigerians are generally crooked and corrupt, it's their national character, you hypocrites are all the same, you are just not yet in position of power..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: This One Na Yahoo Boy - Lagos Police CP's Team Detain NYSC Member, Demands Bribe by Mrquote: 1:35pm On Feb 27, 2022
Hashabiah:
[s][/s] You must be stupid . Even if he's a" programmer ", must he dress like a Yahoo boy and drag the attention of the police ? If a lawyer in today's Nigeria dresses like a Yahoo boy he will still be detained, if not harassed.
You want a lawless country and a working country right. I dig. Cow leading morons

1 Like

Re: This One Na Yahoo Boy - Lagos Police CP's Team Detain NYSC Member, Demands Bribe by RealEzee(m): 1:35pm On Feb 27, 2022
Hashabiah:
and Abba kyari dresses like what again?

This is the lamest excuse ever, please don't encourage bad behavior, the likes of Abba kyari are draining this nation's wealth and roaming freely, this mental slavery based on suspicion without proof is just ridiculous!, which one is yahoo boy dressing and hairstyle for goodness sake?

That's how one man was ranting about tattoos, if truly na tattoos be d issue make una go village to pack all those our old mama way get tattoos for hand and leg sef.

3 Likes

Re: This One Na Yahoo Boy - Lagos Police CP's Team Detain NYSC Member, Demands Bribe by Proudlyomonna: 1:36pm On Feb 27, 2022
Hashabiah:
And you quoted me ? That means you're more stupid than me

Thank God you acknowledged you are stupid
Our politicians don't keep fanciable hairstyles,but thier own fraud na on 5g pro max level na�
The dude might be into entertainment you know?why you even reason this matter like this sef angry angry

1 Like

Re: This One Na Yahoo Boy - Lagos Police CP's Team Detain NYSC Member, Demands Bribe by rocknation62(m): 1:36pm On Feb 27, 2022
Hashabiah:
[s]I can related with the unlawful detention and arrest but the guy brought suspicion to himself by dressing and leaving his hairstyle like that of a Yahoo boy .

Moral of the story: You can't dress like a harlot and expect not be be treated like a business man . It's impossible[/s]

Trash

1 Like

Re: This One Na Yahoo Boy - Lagos Police CP's Team Detain NYSC Member, Demands Bribe by ginggerxy: 1:37pm On Feb 27, 2022
Hashabiah:

there's no dress code for criminals anywhere in the world

1 Like

Re: This One Na Yahoo Boy - Lagos Police CP's Team Detain NYSC Member, Demands Bribe by DrGoodman: 1:39pm On Feb 27, 2022

Re: This One Na Yahoo Boy - Lagos Police CP's Team Detain NYSC Member, Demands Bribe by DrGoodman: 1:40pm On Feb 27, 2022
maasoap:

Small sense like this, u no get. Southerners are as bad as northerners, northerners are as suffering as southerners. So, why whipping up the sentiment?

I agree, some parts of the North are also murdering some other parts of the North in a very well orchestrated genocide. See below

Re: This One Na Yahoo Boy - Lagos Police CP's Team Detain NYSC Member, Demands Bribe by Nobody: 1:46pm On Feb 27, 2022
youngsahito:
[b][/b]you talk like a toddler, why do we have freedom in the country. Police Neva reason your mumu head b4.

One thing we should know is that when a set of pple are behaving, dressing or living a type of way, society will represent or tag that lifestyle to them.
So you as a person can avoid to be seen in that way by avoiding those things even at a minimal level, that will help a lot from being tag that way.

You know that yahoo boys have a way of dressing, you as a responsible person just try and avoid that dress pattern, not because it is bad but just not to get tagged or seen as one of them
Re: This One Na Yahoo Boy - Lagos Police CP's Team Detain NYSC Member, Demands Bribe by Grace001: 1:48pm On Feb 27, 2022
Some mumu will still come here and being asking stupid question…

500k Naira monthly or Canada PR

Is this the kind of useless country you want to raise your kids.

You live like 5th class citizen in your own country, harassment all the time. Like it’s forbidden to look good and fresh as a youth, once you look good and smell nice you’re label as a fraudster in your own fatherland.

And some mumu is talking about hairstylist, maybe the government should tell the youths their preferred hairstyles that won’t make them label them as criminals
Re: This One Na Yahoo Boy - Lagos Police CP's Team Detain NYSC Member, Demands Bribe by Omoluabi16(m): 1:53pm On Feb 27, 2022
2023 is around the corner. If you like vote 'igbob presidency' or vote Tinubu because it is 'awa turn' then these thing will not stop.

2 Likes

Re: This One Na Yahoo Boy - Lagos Police CP's Team Detain NYSC Member, Demands Bribe by Yankee101: 1:57pm On Feb 27, 2022
More common in the south
Northerners will resist you
Even soldiers, especially if it's illegal

1 Like

Re: This One Na Yahoo Boy - Lagos Police CP's Team Detain NYSC Member, Demands Bribe by tiswell(m): 1:58pm On Feb 27, 2022
Hashabiah:
And you quoted me ? That means you're more stupid than me
now you just admitted you posses some level of stupidity,that's very nice.
Re: This One Na Yahoo Boy - Lagos Police CP's Team Detain NYSC Member, Demands Bribe by Segzy19: 1:58pm On Feb 27, 2022
Is this how dumb you can be? Since when has dressing or hairstyle become a reason to be arrested, tortured and detained? Are you intelligent like this? No! You are not intelligent....
Hashabiah:

Re: This One Na Yahoo Boy - Lagos Police CP's Team Detain NYSC Member, Demands Bribe by BafanaBafana: 1:59pm On Feb 27, 2022
DrGoodman:
This is not surprising, in fact, it happens all over the south of Nigeria. Youths are harassed, killed, raped, and maimed by the same armed forces who were armed to protest their lives.

Some part of Northern Nigeria are planning to destabilise the whole country so they can take it over.

So they use the armed forces whom are directly under their control to intimidate, arrest, torture, detain, harrass, and even kill many youths for being southerners.

Some are labelled to be ritual killers, yahoo boys or terrorists without any form of proof, yet they are killed and no records of the crimes are being kept anywhere.

Some people say this is because they northerners want to "tame the south" , they want to discipline every youth to force them to agree to intimidation, others say they are killing off the southern youths to erase any resistance as they plan to invade the south in 2022.

That's why they formed smaller terror units and moving from town to town in the south east, murdering people at random and blaming it on UGM with their controlled news media.
Radio Biafra opinion
Police in the south are mostly southerners. Southerners are cruel to each other. That's the story.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This One Na Yahoo Boy - Lagos Police CP's Team Detain NYSC Member, Demands Bribe by BafanaBafana: 2:00pm On Feb 27, 2022
Yankee101:
More common in the south
Northerners will resist you
Even soldiers, especially if it's illegal
Dem fear too much for south.
Re: This One Na Yahoo Boy - Lagos Police CP's Team Detain NYSC Member, Demands Bribe by Tomek09(m): 2:01pm On Feb 27, 2022
Sad.

Cc;
ajumma
abijaj
Pressmybutton
Simplyleo
helinues
Monogamy
Bkayy
Beejayy
NLPolicewoman
Hollah9

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sarki Trends At Number 1 As He Declares Support For Atiku Abubakar / Photos As Floods Take Over Lagos Roads After Heavy Downpour / Ten Unbelievable Things About Nigeria

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.