Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,470 members, 7,961,457 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 05:54 AM

Russians Queue For Cash As West Targets Banks - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russians Queue For Cash As West Targets Banks (252 Views)

Waiting Time In Queue To Pay Respects To Queen Elizabeth II Stretches To 19 Hour / Iran Identifies 35 US Targets For Retaliatory Strikes After Soleimani's Death / California Legalizes Sales Of Marijuana, Hundreds Queue Up To Purchase(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Russians Queue For Cash As West Targets Banks by jmoore(m): 10:16am On Feb 28, 2022

MOSCOW/LONDON -- Russians waited in long queues
outside ATMs on Sunday, worried that new Western
sanctions over Moscow's invasion of Ukraine will
trigger cash shortages and disrupt payments.
Moves to block some Russian banks from the SWIFT
global payments system and freeze the Bank of
Russia's reserves are expected to deal a severe
economic blow, although Russian authorities and
lenders sought to assuage fears.

"Since Thursday, everyone has been running from ATM
to ATM to get cash. Some are lucky, others not so
much," St. Petersburg resident, Pyotr, who declined to
give his last name, said.

Russians waited in long lines amid concerns bank cards may cease to function, or that banks would limit cash withdrawals.
While the SWIFT move will hinder Russian banks from
communicating with international peers, analysts say limiting the use of more than US$630 billion in international reserves could prove even costlier for Russia.
Sergey Aleksashenko, a former deputy chairman of the
Russian central bank who now lives in the United States, said that Russia's national wealth fund would effectively disappear.
"(President Vladimir) Putin and (former Finance
Minister Alexei) Kudrin built it up for years, thinking
about a major war," he said. "War has come, and there
is no money."

Source,>> https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/world/russians-queue-for-cash-as-west-targets-banks-over-ukraine-1.5798269

Re: Russians Queue For Cash As West Targets Banks by Ahmback(m): 10:18am On Feb 28, 2022
This is what we have been trying o tell #Putin, he's gonn' make his country suffer

1 Like

Re: Russians Queue For Cash As West Targets Banks by FERNANDEZISBACK: 10:19am On Feb 28, 2022
Putin will regret ever invading Ukraine.. bloodthirsty monster..evil shall not prevail in our world..

1 Like

Re: Russians Queue For Cash As West Targets Banks by DoggoneDogg: 10:26am On Feb 28, 2022
If we check now we go see say na old pix of 2009.

If all these problems are happening to Russia, how come its Ukraine that still needs aid?? I haven't heard any Russian asking for help

Common sense isn't common. Lol grin

1 Like

Re: Russians Queue For Cash As West Targets Banks by jmoore(m): 10:29am On Feb 28, 2022
DoggoneDogg:
If we check now we go see say na old pix of 2009.

If all these problems are happening to Russia, how come its Ukraine that still needs aid?? I haven't heard any Russian asking for help

Common sense isn't common. Lol grin
If? Assumption!! Why not check and conclude?
If If If... bla bla bla...
Re: Russians Queue For Cash As West Targets Banks by DoggoneDogg: 10:31am On Feb 28, 2022
[s]
jmoore:

If? Assumption!! Why not check and conclude?
If If If... bla bla bla...
[/s]

I'd rather queue at an ATM for 2hrs than abandon my belongings & flee to Cotonou border fighting for Beninoise to accept me as a refugee.

1 Like

Re: Russians Queue For Cash As West Targets Banks by jumper524(m): 10:40am On Feb 28, 2022
isn't it already obvious the media is stationing our mind one sidedly. they are making it seems as though Ukrainians are winning and having a good way to hype the death of Ukrainians.
the reality on ground now is that Russians are not even killing Ukrainians army again but instead arresting them. the eu have seen this that's why they are now deploying weapons to Ukraine and it's same reason Ukrainians are still running away. you can't be winning and running. read the entire major news headlines for the past 3 days. it's always Ukrainians killing Russians army and you expect us to believe Russians has not succeed in any chamber.
presidential wall was attacked in kyiv but we only saw it on twitter BBC and cnn kept mum. blacks are being discriminated at boders including black women and children BBC and cnn shuuu.
at this junction isn't it clear the reports are no longer neutral but onesided?
every report including Ukrainians death seems to favour Ukrainians calling the dead people hero's while those gingering them have refused to send in troops to also die as heroes sorry kill Russian troops as heroes as the media wants us to believe. .

1 Like

Re: Russians Queue For Cash As West Targets Banks by YinkaOlusesi16(m): 10:43am On Feb 28, 2022
Putin has already cripple the economics of his country with his power drunk actions.
Re: Russians Queue For Cash As West Targets Banks by jmoore(m): 10:45am On Feb 28, 2022
DoggoneDogg:
[s][/s]

I'd rather queue at an ATM for 2hrs than abandon my belongings & flee to Cotonou border fighting for Beninoise to accept me as a refugee.

I thought you got higher opinion. You disappointed your masters.
Re: Russians Queue For Cash As West Targets Banks by nurudeen181(m): 11:19am On Feb 28, 2022
photo couldnt be verified even by using the link provided as the source.... what help will this have in the solution to the problem
Re: Russians Queue For Cash As West Targets Banks by jmoore(m): 12:23pm On Feb 28, 2022
nurudeen181:
photo couldnt be verified even by using the link provided as the source....
what help will this have in the solution to the problem
Stop forming FBI if you don't know how to verify picture.

(1) (Reply)

Donald Trump Hits Hard On President Biden Over Russia Ukraine's War / Report Indicates Chinese Officials Has Some Knowledge Of Russia's Invasion / The Real Story About Russia And Ukrainian War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.