Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,949 members, 7,963,027 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 12:25 AM

Pastor Umo Eno Vows To Empower Oro Fishermen, Youth, If Elected A'ibom Gov - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pastor Umo Eno Vows To Empower Oro Fishermen, Youth, If Elected A'ibom Gov (322 Views)

Umo Eno Kneels Down As Governor Udom Annoints Him As Successor (Photo) / 2023: Udom Presents Umo Eno As ‘God Anointed’ Candidate / Sowore Pledges To Abolish The Senate If Elected President In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Umo Eno Vows To Empower Oro Fishermen, Youth, If Elected A'ibom Gov by FirstMediaNaija(m): 5:22pm On Mar 04, 2022
* Pastor Umo Eno vows to empower Oro Fishermen, Youth, if elected A'Ibom Gov*

The leading aspirant for the hill top mansion race in Akwa Ibom State at the forth coming Governorship Election, Pastor Umo Eno has assured of his plans to empower fishermen and youths in Oro nation with adequate fishing equipment, including boats to better their lots and to bring in foreign investors to explore the huge economic potentials as well as natural resources embedded in Oron coastal region of Akwa Ibom State.

Eno, who is currently the commissioner for Lands and Water Resources in the state, gave the assurance during a familiarization meeting with Oron Federal Constituency Media Professionals, last Monday at his Signature by Royalty Hotels, Ewet Housing Estate, Uyo.

He said his administration will leverage on abundance natural resources deposited by nature in Oro land, with the view to creating wealth for the people of the area, especially the youths and the generality of Akwa Ibom people.

The Frontline gubernatorial aspirant of the Peoples Democratic Party in the state, maintain that gone are the days when political jobbers will come with their intrigues of donating farely used cars, all in the name of empowering the people, without any hope of what would be used to service or maintain such cars, but rather they should remained focused and be able to provide jobs to the unemployed youths in the state instead, which he noted will sustain them.

The Nsit Ubium born business man and preacher of the gospel, told members of the press that he has put in solid good years to invest in Akwa Ibom State, thereby contributing his quota in a bid to reduce unemployment rate as well as putting food on people's table.

"I started investing in this state some 30 years ago, providing jobs, engaging in wealth creation and putting food on people's table. I'm not an accidental money maker, I don't go anywhere, I don't have government money around me, all my children are here and it shows that I have faith in this state.

"Modesty will forgive me, I don't need anything in life again, our last child is in the university now. Someone told me last year that I will be running for Governorship and I said I was waiting for the governor to endorse whoever God laid in his heart, so that we can work with that person, but it turned out to be myself. This is a burden on me, when you go out and see the number of youths running around without jobs, you'll would know that there is a problem. I see this as destiny calling on me to do something and I am passionate about it.

"All my investments are here, if this state fails, everything I have will also fail. They have alternatives, please look for that man who do not have plan B, that man who says we die here, that man whose only option is Akwa Ibom State", Pastor Eno said.

The Governorship hopeful promised to do his best to sustain the legacies of Governor Udom Emmanuel of Akwa Ibom State and to ensure that the youths are gainfully employed and empowered, while maintaining the peaceful atmosphere currently being enjoyed in the state.

In his remarks at the event, the DG of Pastor Umoh Eno Campaign Organization and a former Nigerian Ambassador to the Federation of Russia and Belarus, Chief Assam Assam, SAN said an average Oron person was known for hard work and dedication to duty and called on the people of Oro nation to embrace and receive Pastor Umo Eno, whom he believed has the capacity to turn the fortunes of the state around for the better.

He eulogized the likes of Late senator Victor Akan, who was a colosus in politics of Nigeria, Chief Etim Edet, who was a seafarer, Imason, who was an industrialist and a chemical engineer, Chief Ambe Abasi, who built a white house, Dr Esin, who went to Harvard, Chief Etienam, who started Namoba automobile business and other prominent men from Oron who contributed their best to lift people out of poverty and said the time has come for the state to begin to prop up some industrous persons like Umo Eno, to drive the economy of the state.

Those present at the meeting were the commissioner for Culture and Tourism, Mr Oman Esin, his counterparts in the State Ministry of Environment and Mineral Resources, Sir Charles Udoh and Mr John Etim of Power and Petroleum Ministry, the chairman of Oron Federal Constituency Media Professionals, Comrade Marshal Abia among others.

#PastorUmoEno4gov2023

Re: Pastor Umo Eno Vows To Empower Oro Fishermen, Youth, If Elected A'ibom Gov by Rastaramsey(m): 5:24pm On Mar 04, 2022
Pastor wan use small scope steal grin grin
Re: Pastor Umo Eno Vows To Empower Oro Fishermen, Youth, If Elected A'ibom Gov by CatANDratTHEORY: 5:33pm On Mar 04, 2022
Na so all of una dey always vow but once the power comes, una go turn demigod. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Court Sacks All 17 PDP Lawmakers That Defected To APC In Ebonyi / Fmr President Obasanjo Commends Gov. Uzodimma On Developmental Strides / Igbo Presidency: Old Age Worries Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.