Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,249 members, 7,936,818 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 12:52 AM

Keeping Up With The Chukwumas Vol.1 (18+) [Book 3 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Keeping Up With The Chukwumas Vol.1 (18+) [Book 3 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] (11218 Views)

Ideal (18+) [book 4 Of Xav-verse] [completed] / Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] / The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Keeping Up With The Chukwumas Vol.1 (18+) [Book 3 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 8:35am On Apr 01, 2022
Eddysilver:

But not vex o, when you go release action story or even adventure or horror story sef. All the stories from the bridge to this one nah just family and relationships with a touch of comedy.
I remain your loyal fan (even standing fan sef grin )
#£DDI$ILV£R

Below are my book slate from now till 2032 and beyond (probably). If you look at them, you'll notice diversity of genre. Lot's of them are adventures and actions. There's also horror (The Curse), Comedy (W.I.E.R.D) and Christian Apologetic (Transformation: The God Concept), my upcoming book IDEAL, is an erotica.

I'm a fan of diversity but the thing is, everything will, must and should occur in their own time. This year 2022 is for romance and erotica but from next year, I will be going into action and adventures with The Galatic Force, a star war - Star trek - Dune styled story. So till then but for we just have to deal with romance and family cool

Waoh did is the longest thing I have ever typed on NL and it's on a borrowed phone (nah wa for me oh). Anyway I dey hope say pesin go dash me phone this year. undecided undecided wink wink grin grin grin grin

Doings grin grin grin

You could be that person O grin grin grin grin grin grin
Good Night

Let's hope wink

#Xavier

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Keeping Up With The Chukwumas Vol.1 (18+) [Book 3 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 8:46am On Apr 01, 2022
Dedicated to Bam17. Apologies for not mentioning you earlier cool cool cool

CHAPTER THIRTEEN, EPISODE SEVEN: BIRTHDAYING THE BASH

"Morgana, what's keeping you up there?" Brie screamed.

"Coming Mum," Morgana replied as she descended the stairs.

"And what's that you are putting on? It's too body revealing. Go upstairs and change it now," Brie ordered.

"But mum," Morgana protested.

"Don't mum me. Do as I say," Brie ordered authoritatively. Morgana scampered upstairs murmuring.

"And Leo, it seems you are getting addicted to this video game of yours," Brie said snatching the PSP console from Leo.

"Next time, if I see you playing this game." She raised the console. "At odd times, you will be barred from ever playing it. Dont say anything. Just quietly walk to the car," she ordered Leonardo.

"Liv, will you keep that phone down for once, your dad is waiting for you guys in the car," Brie screamed at Liv who obeyed her instructions instantly. No one dares reluctantly obey Brie talk more of disobeying her in a scenario like this, well, it's scientifically proven that it's one of the one thousand ways to die.

"Morgana, what's keeping you up there? We are already late for Church," Brie said to Morgana upstairs. In no time, Morgana descended the stairs in a changed dress.

"If you two return before us, prepare lunch. You are aware of what to prepare right?"

"Yes ma'am," Loveth and Cynthia chorused.

"Good," Brie said and walked out of the house.
In a matter of minutes, the Chukwumas were all seated in the car enroute church. They are attending service at the Enugu State headquarters of Living Faith Church, their church of worship. Tagged along with the Chukwumas to church that morning is Jacob after he was asked or more like forced the previous day by Brie to come along with them to church.

To Jacob, waking up on a Sunday morning, preparing and going to church is a herculean task. He prefers to lie down lazily on the bed all morning seeing a movie, and to justify his act, his default statement is always "God knows my heart".

"So Jacob, I will like you to come along with us to church tomorrow," that was Brie inviting Jacob to church the previous day. Jacob squeezed his face to depict uncertainty.

"Ehhhhhhhhh, I don't think that will be possible," he replied.

"Why?"

"It's just that going to church is not my thing."

"Really? Tell me why," Brie said, folding her hands across her chest.

"It's ermm just that I don't like going to church, it's not that I hate church ohhh, it's just that, let me put it this way, I do go to church but not often, just once in a while and besides, God knows my heart."

"But He doesn't know your face. Get ready. Tomorrow, you are coming along with us to church whether you like it or not."

"But Madam."

"Shhhhhhhhh, get ready. I haven't seen any reason why you shouldn't go to church."
And that was how Jacob found himself sitted with the Chukwumas in the car driven by Jeffrey as they head to church that morning. The 3Cs were surprised and couldn't hide it when Jacob joined them that morning, since they knew him as someone who sees going to church as a difficult task.

"You're coming along with us to church?" Liv asked with surprise and awe.

"Yes. Any problem with that?" Jacob replied her giving the 3Cs the 'see you better mind your business this morning because I'm in no mood for it' look.

"No. There is no problem with that. It's a good thing," Liv said grinning wildly and weirdly.

"Guys, we have a problem," Leo said to his siblings, they are assembled in Liv's room. Earlier that day during lunch, Jeffrey had announced to the family that he has decided to throw a party for his birthday which will be coming up in five days time. Specifically, he said to the kids that he couldn't wait to see the gift the 3Cs have prepared for him which took them months to plan for.

"We all know we weren't planning or thinking about any gift for him on his birthday. We only said that to save our asses from dad last year so that he wouldn't know about the assault on Nathan," Liv said.

"So what are we going to do? It's not like we are going to walk up to dad and say hey Dad, we just wanna tell you that we your beloved well brought up and well behaved adorable kids don't have any gift for you, which he will definitely reply by asking why, then we say because we weren't planning on any birthday gift for you rather we only told you that we were doing so to prevent you from knowing the fact that we planned an assault on a dude whose name is Nathan, who has been frustrating Morgana, your beloveth daughter's life," Morgana said.

"That will be the dumbest of all dumbest idea I have, is and will ever hear. You know that's suicide and we're definitely not the suicide squad," Liv said.

"Right now, we have two options. The first is to tell Dad the truth while the second is to think of something to gift him and from the look of things, the first option is a risk I'm not even dreaming of taking, I don't know for you two," Leo said.

"No way."

"There is no way we are doing that."
Liv and Morgana said respectively.

"And that leaves us with the second option. So guys what do you think we should gift dad on his birthday and remember it has to be something worth planning months for," Leo said.

Suggestions ranging from varieties of clothes, shoes, belts, caps, wrist watches, accessories and gadgets were made by the 3Cs but none seemed good enough to be picked.

"Guys, is there anything we want to get for dad that he can't actually buy for himself?" Morgana asked.

"There isn't," Leo replied.

"But we still have to get him something," Liv said.

"You're right Liv, that is why I think we should get him something he can't buy with money," Morgana suggested.

"That is if such a thing exist," Liv said.

"Of course it does. I have an idea," Morgana said.

"Really! What is it?" Leo asked. Morgana told them the idea.

"That's a brilliant idea, Morgana," Liv exclaimed excitedly. "I'm in."

"Guys this is how the role will be shared to ensure an effective and efficient result and of course, an on time one," Morgana said and went on to disseminate the role.

"Now we all know what to do, let's get doing them," Leo said and they dismissed.

Brie walked into the master bedroom. She walked to her dressing table and removed her earrings, necklace, wrist watch and the bangles she adorned her hands with and dropped them on it. She looked at her husband through the dressing mirror hung on the wall slightly above the dressing table who is so engrossed in whatever he is doing on his laptop. She sighed as she caressed her wedding ring on her finger. She removed it and placed it on the table and made her way to the bathroom.

Minutes later, she came out of the bathroom putting on a light blue night robe over a lingerie of same colour. The lingerie which stopped at a considerable length from her knees, exposed her cleavage and thighs. It also did a good job of hugging her skin and revealing her curves.

"I can see you are busy with work," Brie said as she walked slowly towards the bed.

"Yeah, I really need to get this project done with once and for all," Jeffrey replied not taking his eyes off the laptop.

"So, about your birthday party..." Brie said as she sat on the edge of the bed close to her husband. "Are you considering hiring a party planner or you're just gonna handle things on your own?" She asked. Jeffrey paused what he was doing and stared at his wife contemplating.

"Hmmmmmmmm, I think hiring a party planner will be a good idea, giving the fact that it's going to relief me of loads of work." He paused. "Including you also," he concluded.

"Talking about work," Brie said crawling seductively towards him. She bit her lips. "Don't you think you need to suspend this for now?" She purred, taking away the laptop from him, placing it on the side stool beside the bed.

She smiled, winked at him seductively and straddled him. He wanted to protest but was interrupted as Brie locked her lips with his, they engaged in a long sensual passionate kiss. The tempo of their kiss increased as their moans and groans filled the room giving way to a night of bliss and ecstasy.

The preparation for Jeffrey's birthday party kicked off at full scale. The 3Cs weren't left out as all hands were on deck working on the perfect gift for their father not just for the sake of wanting to gift him such but also and majorly to save themselves from the mess their actions has gotten them into.

"I'm counting on you. Please make sure everything goes well. I don't want anything going south," Jeffrey said to a brown skinned lady putting on a black long sleeve button shirt over a white pencil skirt with a matching black high heel shoe.

"Don't worry, I'm a professional in this. You are going to have a wonderful party. You have my word," the lady who turns out to be the party planner assured Jeffrey as they stepped out of the house.

"So what do you consider getting as a birthday gift for your husband?" Emediong, Brie's friend, asked her as they walked into the mall.

"I don't know yet, but it's gonna be unique," Brie replied giving Emediong a smirk.

"I see, a unique gift for someone unique," Emediong teased winking at Brie. They moved from one section of the mall to another doing their business of buying.

"I've found something unique for him," Brie said to Emediong with a smile on her face holding a box package.

"Everything is all set and done," Leo said to his siblings gathered in Liv's room.

"Let's hope this convinces him because a lot is at stake," Liv said anxiously.

"Don't worry sis. I'm optimistic it's going to. Besides, our gift to him is something he wouldn't have thought of even in his wildest dreams," Morgana said assuringly.

#Xavier
#KUWTC
#Xav-Verse
#TheOrganization

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Keeping Up With The Chukwumas Vol.1 (18+) [Book 3 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 8:52am On Apr 01, 2022
Okay Dearest, that's all for the week. Till Monday.

Don't forget to drop your comments, likes, shares and mentions/ invites. I'll really appreciate them.

Don't forget the book is out on Okadabooks
https://okadabooks.com/book/about/keeping_up_with_the_chukwumas_vol_1/45603

Also you can read my other books, books set in the Xav-Verse, on Nairaland. Click on my Bio to read them. Thanks

#Xavier

1 Like

Re: Keeping Up With The Chukwumas Vol.1 (18+) [Book 3 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 9:05am On Apr 01, 2022
Eddysilver, Teddybliss, jullyrosy, Semako36, Ihawarl1, froze6, Jalynn, Kdavid, Dybala11, Honsky001, dawno2008, MrCork, YoungBruzzy, Plus1ne, Slimsophiediva, Carterj007, tomic1, Zeedrou8, Vlip42, dappydonatt, silverlinen, Mjay12355, PrinceMon101, Guyxander, Salahdin.

Update has been released cool cool cool

#Xavier

Re: Keeping Up With The Chukwumas Vol.1 (18+) [Book 3 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Eddysilver(m): 3:26pm On Apr 01, 2022
*panting* I finally caught up with this story. Xavier5 you 2much abeg.
But for fred matter I would have destroyed himangry

1 Like

Re: Keeping Up With The Chukwumas Vol.1 (18+) [Book 3 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Teddybliss: 3:38pm On Apr 01, 2022
Omo I love this suspense

I hope those 3Cs got him something worth waiting for
Re: Keeping Up With The Chukwumas Vol.1 (18+) [Book 3 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 5:02pm On Apr 01, 2022
Eddysilver:
*panting* I finally caught up with this story. Xavier5 you 2much abeg.
But for fred matter I would have destroyed himangry

Re: Keeping Up With The Chukwumas Vol.1 (18+) [Book 3 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 5:04pm On Apr 01, 2022
Teddybliss:
Omo I love this suspense

I hope those 3Cs got him something worth waiting for

Let's hope ohhhhh. Otherwise, Dem go collect grin

#Xavier

1 Like

Re: Keeping Up With The Chukwumas Vol.1 (18+) [Book 3 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 3:11pm On Apr 02, 2022
Good Day Folks, How Is It Going For Y'all

1 Like

Re: Keeping Up With The Chukwumas Vol.1 (18+) [Book 3 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 9:25am On Apr 03, 2022
Happy Sunday Fellas. Wishing you a great day ahead

Re: Keeping Up With The Chukwumas Vol.1 (18+) [Book 3 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 9:21am On Apr 04, 2022
CHAPTER FOURTEEN, EPISODE SEVEN: BIRTHDAYING THE BASH

The atmosphere at the Chukwuma's mansion reeked of celebration as people could be seen discussing, chatting, laughing, drinking, chewing and eating in groups, the DJ doing a good job at entertaining everyone with sensational music, as a testimony to that, people could be seen showing off their dancing skills at the center of the living room which serves as the dance floor as they danced away the night with excitement, pleasure and vigor. Jeffrey's party is an indoor party which takes place in the living room, large enough for such purpose.

"Happy birthday my prince charming," Brie said as she walked into the master bedroom, she slowly walked towards Jeffrey who stood facing the dressing mirror hung on the wall.

He is claded in a white round neck polo with an inscription of "YEAH, YOU GOT IT, I'M THE BIRTHDAY GUY" written boldly on it in black over a black jean trouser with a black boot, to crown it all, is a black short hand jacket worn over the shirt. The aim is to look stylish, cool and funky. Jeffery turned towards his wife, smiling, when he heard her voice.

"Thanks baby," he replied. She walked up to him, curled her hands round his neck, he placed his hands on her waist which she moved to her butt.

"That's where they should be," she said. She planted a chaste kiss on his lips.

"You look great tonight," she complimented staring at him.

"But not better than you," he replied.

"Oh pleaaaaaazzee. If that's to flatter me, you failed woefully," Brie said as they disengaged.

"At least I tried," Jeffrey countered. Brie walked over to the dressing table, opened one of the drawers and brought out a wrapped present, she turned and moved towards her hubby.

"I want to be the first to wish and gift you. Once again, happy birthday," Brie said and handled the present to him who wasted no time in unveiling it revealing a diamond watch.

"Wow, this is so lovely. It's must have cost you a fortune," Jeffrey said excitedly.

"For you, no, because the greatest fortune I have aside God, is you," Brie said smiling.

"Awwwwwn, that's lovely to hear," Jeffery said emotionally as he engaged her in a hug. Someone coughed to gain their attention, they disengaged to look at the person.

"Sorry to spoil the moment," Morgana said staring at her parents.

"Grand ma and dad have arrive. They request of you," she informed and walked out of the room smiling.

"Lest I forget, your parents called me earlier today to wish me, they also apologised for not been able to attend the party and oh lest I forget, my birthday gift from them will arrive soonest. It seems you weren't the first to do the wishing," Jeffrey said teasing Brie with the last statement.

"That's nice of them but be rest assured, I'm going to beat that feat next year," Brie said and winked. "But anyways, at least I still got being the first to gift you to console myself with." They walked hand in hand to the party downstairs.

"Here they come," Chief Nonso Chukwuma said as he nudged his wife lightly in reference to the approaching figures of Jeffrey and Brie.

"Oh, see my birthday baby looking so dashing and handsome," Sandra said spreading her arms for a hug.

"Mum, stop embarrassing me, I'm not a kid anymore" Jeffrey said jokingly, hugging his mother.

"Sharap, no matter how big or old you are, even if you are as tall as Burj Khalifa, you are still my baby," Sandra said teasingly to Jeffrey after they disengaged.

"Okay ma, for peace to reign, I've heard," Jeffrey responded. He went further to hug his father.

"Dad... mum, hope you got something for me?" Jeffrey said mimicking the tone of a kid which brought out laughter from them after the hugging session by the two generational couples.

"Trust me son, your mum and I have a surprise for you," Nonso replied amidst laughter.

"I definitely can't wait."

"So my daughter, how are you?" Nonso asked Brie.

"I'm good father. I can see you're looking glamorous this evening," Brie replied.

"Why won't he look glamorous when I'm taking very good care of him?" Sandra chipped in.

"That's absolutely true, just like Brie is taking care of Jeffrey," Nonso said.

"Or me taking care of her," Jeffrey interjected.

"My friend shut up. It is evident in you how well your wife takes good care of you. See how fat you've become," Sandra said to Jeffrey which prompted laughter from them.

"Mum!!" Jeffrey exclaimed.

"Ehee... tell me I'm lying," Sandra countered.

As the party progressed, Jeffrey and his family were called on stage, which is the center of the living room. The MC led a toast in wishing Jeffrey a happy birthday followed with cutting of cake by Jeffrey along with his family to feeding of cake by Jeffrey and family to one another, this was followed by every other ritual synomynous with birthday parties. Jeffrey gave his speech thanking everyone for coming to celebrate with him, he thanked his family for standing by him and making his birthday a success and a memorable one, he professed his Love for them.

Morgana cleared her throat to get everyone's attention after Jeffrey concluded his speech.

"Today, we are celebrating someone special." She paused to stare at everyone for a moment. "Which is our father, and we his children, the 3Cs, are not left out of it. Months ago, we promised him we were planning a surprise for him for his birthday which is today, ever since then, he has been looking forward to it. Well this moment is the D-momemt, the moment we've all been waiting for most especially my dad," Morgana said, everyone laughed in response to her last statement.

When the laughter had quietened, Morgana nodded at Leo who pressed a button on a remote towards the projector hanging on the wall which came alive immediately. A motion picture of several slides displaying pictures of Jeffrey right from his childhood days to the present with a cool music playing at the background appeared on the projector. After that, a slide with the below words appeared before the video ended.

"To a mentor, protector, leader, guardian, provider, disciplinarian, visioner, a man of selflessness, high moral values and principles and most importantly, the best and loving father and husband in the entire universe.
WE LOVE YOU_____3Cs"

"We thought and reasoned among ourselves, what is it we should get for you that you can't get for yourself, and then it struck us. Love, family and memories, which is the best gift one can ever receive or gift to someone else. That's why we want to let you know that, we are behind you, to watch your back, support you, care and cherish you and most importantly we love you to eternity and beyond," Liv said with emotions which surged through the entire living room.

"These are portraits of you dad," Leo said holding a large portrait of Jeffrey while Morgana holds a smaller hand held one.

"This portraits symbolizes our love and support for you. This portrait is not for you to see and admire a drawing of yourself but to act as a reminder that in your good and bad times, ups and downs, thick and thin, turbulence and calm times, you should remember that there are people who sincerely and deeply love you and are willing and ready to sacrifice the universe for you," Leo said, and along with Morgana handed the portraits to Jeffrey who was overwhelmed by emotions. He couldn't hold it anymore as he engaged them in a sweet embrace, planting kisses on their foreheads. Swoon washed through everyone present.

"I love you kids a lot, you are the best thing that has ever and will ever happen to me," Jeffrey said.

"Thanks for giving me such lovely and wonderful kids. They are the best gift you have and will ever gift me," Jeffrey said to Brie who stared at him lovingly with smiles.

"Uuuuuuuuhhhhhhh," Brie exclaimed sweetly. Jeffrey held Brie's left hand in his, his right hand settled on her waist who in turn placed her right hand across his neck, they moved their bodies slowly in unison, dancing in harmony to the soft music been played, along with other couples on the dance floor.

"One more gift to go tonight. It's the climax of it all," Brie whispered and exhaled on his ear sensually.

"Nne, this thing you intend to do, odikwa very risky ohhh, don't make me hard because I won't be able to contain myself," Jeffery replied which brought out giggles from the both of them.

"By the way, this stud right here is a man of capacity."

"There is no capacity in this, because by the time I'm done with you, you won't be able to ride a bike."

"Gosh, I love you. Challenging, intimidating, vibrant, naughty, crazy and domineering," Jeffrey exclaimed lowly.

"The bedroom will go up in flames," Brie said and locked her lips in his in a deep and long kiss as they move their body to the soft music.

"Thank God, everything is over now," Leo said.

"And we've been able to save our asses. Wheew," Liv said swiping her finger across her forehead signifying relief.

"I told you guys everything will be okay," Morgana said smiling victoriously at her siblings.

"Wow, that's my jam," Liv exclaimed as one of her favorite music began playing, she moved towards the dance floor backward, moving her arms and upper body in a rotational manner from left to right unisonally, resulting in a weird and funny dance step leaving Leo and Morgana staring at her with amusement and awe.

In a matter of minutes, everyone was seen on the dance floor showing off their dancing skills and rocking their body to the music been played by the DJ as they danced the night away.

#Xavier
#KUWTC
#Xav-Verse
#TheOrganization

1 Share

Re: Keeping Up With The Chukwumas Vol.1 (18+) [Book 3 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 9:25am On Apr 04, 2022
Okay dearest, that's it for Monday. Next Update comes up on Wednesday.

Please don't forget to leave your comments, likes, shares and invites/ mentions. Thanks.

The book is also out on Amazon and Okadabooks. Links are posted below. Your Patronage will truly be appreciated.

Gracias

#Xavier

Re: Keeping Up With The Chukwumas Vol.1 (18+) [Book 3 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 9:28am On Apr 04, 2022
You can get the book, that's if it's worth your money, on Okadabooks and Amazon You can get it via;

OKADABOOKS:

https://okadabooks.com/book/about/keeping_up_with_the_chukwumas_vol_1/45603

AMAZON:

1.) Page Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09MKT86XC/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_hsch_vapi_tkin_p1_i0
2.) ASIN: B09MKT86XC (use the ASIN to easily search for the book on Amazon. The ASIN serves as the book's Amazon's code)

Please do ensure you follow me on those platforms and also leave your review there likewise rate the book.

Please if you've bought the book, for the love of anything you hold dear, ABEG, DON'T POST SPOILERS OR PLAGIARISE MY WORK, otherwise, na lawsuit you go chop, I mean am angry , remember, it's a copyrighted work.

#Xavier

1 Share

Re: Keeping Up With The Chukwumas Vol.1 (18+) [Book 3 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 9:30am On Apr 04, 2022
Eddysilver, Teddybliss, jullyrosy, Semako36, Ihawarl1, froze6, Jalynn, Kdavid, Dybala11, Honsky001, dawno2008, MrCork, YoungBruzzy, Plus1ne, Slimsophiediva, Carterj007, tomic1, Zeedrou8, Vlip42, dappydonatt, silverlinen, Mjay12355, PrinceMon101, Guyxander, Salahdin, Bam17, Minemrys

E Don Happen Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh grin cool cheesy tongue wink

#Xavier

Re: Keeping Up With The Chukwumas Vol.1 (18+) [Book 3 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by froze6(m): 12:43pm On Apr 04, 2022
Thanks for the update.

1 Like

Re: Keeping Up With The Chukwumas Vol.1 (18+) [Book 3 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 8:25am On Apr 06, 2022
CHAPTER FIFTEEN, EPISODE EIGHT: WORLD WAR 3Cs

It's the period of science. The period when the management of the 3Cs' school, Xav Academy, Enugu, a subsidiary of Xav Group organises an annual program known as "The Science Fair". It's a platform where the students of the school are given the opportunity to showcase their science talents via their science projects. Positions and awards are always given to the top five best students of the fair. The fair is for all students, both art and science, that wishes to participate, and it involves all fields of science and technology.

Amongst other things 2022 brought, was the new academic session in its ninth month, which conventionally saw the 3Cs progressed in their classes. Morgana is currently in senior secondary three --- SS3. Leo in SS2, and Liv who wrote and passed her junior WAEC is in SS1.

The pre science fair week is always characterised by activities of students busying around in groups or individually, about their projects, the 3Cs aren't left out. Each of them with his or her reasons for participating.

For Leo, being a tech genius, the highest position he has attained is the second position and he is determined this year to break that jinx and cling the position, first.

"Yeah, nothing, absolutely nothing, can stand in my way of coming first this year. Science fair, October 2022, here I come," Leo said staring at his built project.

For Morgana, it's just a case of challenging herself and unveiling hidden talents in her whether she wins or not.

For Liv, it's just about fulfilling all righteousness.
"Who cares about winning? I just wanna do it to avoid feeling left out. I don't wanna be the only one out of the 3Cs that isn't involve in this so called science fair." That is her anthem.

But no matter the reasons for each and everyone of them participating, one thing is certain, they are all participating and there is excitement in the air and readiness for the D-Day.

"Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!!!!!" Leo screamed his lungs out at the sight before him. Laying broken, shattered and scattered is his jinx breaker, his almighty ticket to the first position. His feet became weak and shaky, he fell on his knees under it's impact staring at his broken dream before him. His ear piercing and foundation shaking scream attracted every living soul in the house, except for the authority who weren't at home, to his room. They were all shocked at the sight that greeted them.

"O... M... G," that was Liv exclaiming in a not too low tone.

"Leo, I'm sorry, I know how..."

"Who is responsible for this?" Leo asked cutting off Loveth. He has a monster humbling look on his face.

"I'm asking, who did this?" Leo yelled with rage in his eyes.

"Leo, calm down," Morgana pleaded walking towards him.

"Don't, I repeat, don't you ever, eeeevvvvverrrrr, ever ever ever ever ever ever tell an angry Leo to calm down," he yelled at Morgana who paused on her track automatically.

"I see, no one wants to say anything right? Okay. No problem, no problem at all ohhhh. But guess what, I will fish out whosoever is responsible for this..." he said pointing to his damaged project. "And that person is going to pay," Leo said furiously meaning every word. He walked out of the room leaving everyone tense.

"I've never seen him this angry before. This project must have meant a lot to him," Jacob said squatting to pick the shattered pieces of Leo's project. He dropped them on the floor and walked out of the room as everyone starts to leave.

"Liv, I'm just confuse, I don't know what to do, how am I going to tell him that I mistakenly broke his science project?" Morgana said to Liv, worried. They were on the roof of the Chukwuma's mansion sorrounded by parapet built to prevent people from falling off the roof mistakingly. Liv's science project is on the parapet.

"You just have to," Liv advised.

"But he is so angry."

"Not as angry as he will be when he finds out on his own. Listen big sis, you didn't do it on purpose right? It was a mistake. Tell him and apologize to him. I'm sure he will understand and forgive you. Leo is a considerate guy," Liv advised.

"No, I'm not considerate," Leo's voiced boomed from behind, Liv and Morgana sprang to their feet with the speed of light as if their sits were suddenly set on fire.

"Leo, you are here?" Morgana stammered as Leo walked menacingly towards her.

"So it's you. Why? Morgana why? Why did you do this to me? You know how much that project meant to me. Why did you damage it?" Leo asked with sadness and anger.

"Leo, I'm sorry. It was a mistake. I didn't damage your project on purpose. I know how much it meant to you. Please forgive me, I'm sorry," Morgana pleaded.

"Okay. It's okay. Apology accepted. The damage has been done already and there is nothing that can be done about it," Leo said shocking Liv and Morgana.

"You mean, we are good?" Morgana asked.

"Absolutely," Leo said and walked off. Liv and Morgana squeeled and jumped in happiness holding each others hands.

"That was easy," Liv said joyously. She paused as she saw Leo coming towards them with Morgana's science project. He hit the project on the floor damaging and breaking it into pieces. Liv and Morgana were surprised and shocked at his actions while he stood staring at them, an evil smirk plastered on face. Morgana tried saying something but couldn't as she was shocked beyond measures. Her lips were moving but no sound came out, tears welled up in her eyes, it ran down her cheeks.

"Do you really think I will forgive you that easily? No dear. You didn't damage my project mistakenly, you did it on purpose. What do you take me for? A dummy? You've always been jealous of my achievement in the science fair, so you hatched all this plan to make sure you stopped me from participating this year. You knew how important this year's science fair is to me, this was the year I wanted to break the jinx and take first but no, you didn't let that cos you broke my jinx breaker, my science project behind my back only for you to come to my face and tell me it was a mistake, who believes that? Tell that to the pigs. I spent months building that project only for you to damage it. Now, nothing can be done because the science fair is just a week away. So if I'm not participating in the science fair, you aren't either," Leo said angrily, unremorseful and contented with his action.

This single vengeful act of Leo resulted in a crisis which tore the 3Cs apart. Anger, pain, hatred and revenge became the order of the day and the days following for the 3Cs. After the shocking revengeful action of Leo, the duo were engaged in a verbal face off when Leo mistakenly hit Liv's science project which was on the parapet when he raised his hands during an outburst as a result of him standing close to it. The project crashed on the ground below shattering into pieces. That was how Liv got involved in the feud. The 3Cs got into an intense face off blaming each other for their misfortune.

Leo blamed Morgana who in turn blamed him while Liv blamed both. The latter was blamed for ruining the former's science fair project whose payback action led to her project being damaged. One wouldn't have expected Liv to be angry that her project was damaged considering her nonchalant attitude towards it but hey, who wouldn't be mad, angry and sad over the damage of something he or she spent so much time putting in his or her best in doing even if it was done nonchalantly? That was the exact case with Liv.

A life long relationship between the 3Cs is been threatened. Will anything be done to curtail it or will it blow out of proportion catastrophically?

The feud between the 3Cs has gotten to a point where they couldn't stand each other's presence. Who could have thought that such a day will come when the 3Cs will be torn apart.

"Mum, please pass me the bowl of sauce," Morgana requested of Brie.

"Leo, pass it over to her," Brie ordered Leo who scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"Why should I do it?" he asked. Brie was taken aback by his question.

"Because you are close to her and it's an order from me to you," she replied.

"I'm sorry mum, I can't," he said defiantly, all eyes on the dining table turned to him, surprised.

"What! Why?" Brie asked, taken aback.

"Because I can't pass a bowl of sauce to a jealous girl I call my sister who has the guts to go behind my back and destroy my dream," Leo said giving Morgana a cold look who also reciprocated it back to him.

"What do you mean by that?" That was Jeffrey.

"What I mean is, I can't give a bowl of sauce to someone who broke my science project intentionally simply because she was jealous of me coming first at the science fair," Leo said shocking his parents.

"I regret calling you my sister," he said angrily and with hatred to Morgana.

"Is this true Morgana?" A puzzled Brie asked.

"Yes num."

"What!!?" Jeffrey exclaimed in shock.

"But mum, it wasn't intentional, it was a mistake. I didn't do it on purpose and besides, I apologized to him but guess what?" Morgana said, pausing to stare at her parents and then at Leo who was eating his food as if he wasn't the one been discussed. She glanced at Liv who just rolled her eyes the moment their gaze locked.

"He broke mine also after he refused to accept my apology," she said staring sternly at her parents and Leo at interval.

"Yes, I did that because you can't participate if I don't participate which of course is your fault," Leo barked out her.

"Don't yell at me, you unforgivant," Morgana yelled back at him.

"And what will you do?" Leo challenged.

"Will you immature beings just shut up!! If only you ostriches have common sense to handle issues, my science project wouldn't have been destroyed. That was something I put in my best to build but it's all gone because of you shameless beings," Liv said with rage.

"Mind what you say Liv, I won't sit here and watch you insult me," Leo thundered at her.

"And what will you do? You two should be ashamed of yourselves."

"Mind your tongue Liv or else..." Morgana threatened.

"Or else what? Tell me, or else what? If you haven't been jealous and hatred filled towards Leo which made you damage his project, all this wouldn't have happened, toothless dog," Liv replied Morgana rudely which prompted Morgana to throw the glass cup beside her on the table at Liv who impulsively dodged, narrowly missing it's hit. The content of the cup spilled across the table, on Liv and on the floor where it landed shattering into pieces. This action of Morgana shocked Jeffrey and Brie who have been silently watching the drama with shock and confusion.

"Will you three stop all this drama!!!" Jeffrey thundered angrily. Everywhere became calm.

"No more words from you three. Once you are done here, meet me in my room. This new found madness has to stop," Jeffrey ordered authoritatively.

"Sorry dad. I've lost my appetite. I can't eat anymore, not in the same table with them," Leo said referring to Liv and Morgana with disgust, the sisters hissed at his utterance.

"I will be in your room waiting," Leo said getting up from his sit, he walked out of the dinning room and went upstairs leaving behind a tensed mode on his parents excluding Morgana and Liv who don't care at all.

#Xavier
#KUWTC
#Xav-Verse
#TheOrganizationSaga

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Keeping Up With The Chukwumas Vol.1 (18+) [Book 3 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 8:28am On Apr 06, 2022
Eddysilver, Teddybliss, jullyrosy, Semako36, Ihawarl1, froze6, Jalynn, Kdavid, Dybala11, Honsky001, dawno2008, MrCork, YoungBruzzy, Plus1ne, Slimsophiediva, Carterj007, tomic1, Zeedrou8, Vlip42, dappydonatt, silverlinen, Mjay12355, PrinceMon101, Guyxander, Salahdin, Bam17, Minemrys, TheKingIsHere, abduleez1, BankyGee, Pu7pl3, Ann2012, BlackManta

Updates has dropped.

#Xavier

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Keeping Up With The Chukwumas Vol.1 (18+) [Book 3 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 8:32am On Apr 06, 2022
Okay famz, that's it for Wednesday, till Friday. Please don't forget to leave your comments, likes, shares and mentions/ invites.

The book is also on Okadabooks, your patronage is highly welcomed.

Gracias

#Xavier

Re: Keeping Up With The Chukwumas Vol.1 (18+) [Book 3 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by mekonglobal(m): 11:17am On Apr 06, 2022
Xavier the great! Keep up with the good work you're doing here.

1 Like

Re: Keeping Up With The Chukwumas Vol.1 (18+) [Book 3 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 3:47pm On Apr 06, 2022
mekonglobal:
Xavier the great! Keep up with the good work you're doing here.

Thanks bro. It means a lot cool

1 Like

Re: Keeping Up With The Chukwumas Vol.1 (18+) [Book 3 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 10:47am On Apr 07, 2022
Re: Keeping Up With The Chukwumas Vol.1 (18+) [Book 3 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 10:04am On Apr 08, 2022
CHAPTER SIXTEEN, EPISODE EIGHT: WORLD WAR 3Cs

The 3Cs' feud intensified every passing hour despite their parent's plans to settle it ranging from advises, to promises of heaven and earth on the condition of settling their feud, to threats, but the 3Cs remained adamant refusing to oblige to their parent's wish and demand. The family meeting anchored by Jeffrey after dinner to sort things out was furtile so was every other meeting called for similar purpose, they've all been a flop as the 3Cs continued on the path of conflict, this has left Brie and Jeffrey extremely worried.

Brie couldn't imagine or believe there will be a day when the 3Cs will be at each other's neck. She has watched and seen her babies grow loving, caring and watching out for each other ever since they were kids. Although, they do have conflicts here and there which is common among siblings, such conflicts don't get to the level the current one is. She wondered how a life long relationship will just be shattered just because of a not too delicate issue. She vowed to make things right between her babies no matter what.

The 3Cs has made it a hobby to attack each other verbally wherever and whenever they cross path, be it at home, school or anywhere they get to see each other. It almost got physical when Leo raised his hand on Morgana during a confrontation shocking Morgana, Liv, Leo himself and Jacob who came just in the nick of time and prevented things from escalating. Leo never imagined even in his dreams, that he will raise his hand against his sisters most especially his elder sister, Morgana. Leo, typical of the 3Cs in the present circumstance, blamed Morgana stating that if she hadn't called him names, he wouldn't have slapped her. This action of Leo increased the tension among the 3Cs.

Liv closed the door to her room after she walked in, she flung her school bag on the floor beside the bed and walked tiredly towards the bed. She sat on it, lowered her body to remove her shoes and socks, after that, she lay on the bed facing the ceiling.

"Now back to this boring hole," she thought to herself. In as much as the 3Cs were having jolly days tearing each other apart, ironically, they still missed each other as loneliness and boriness crept in.

Having lived all their lives growing up, being fond of each other, doing things together, confiding and helping each other out, watching out for each other's back, the feeling was mutual given the fact that they share a unique bond not just as siblings but as best friends. Staying clear off each other sounded as fun and easy to comply to but with time, it seemed harder and difficult than they imagined.

"Only if we weren't at each other's neck, I wouldn't have been lying down here sulking up in loneliness. Gosh! I'm tired of coming back home to meet this emptiness. I need to talk to someone, anyone, since my siblings aren't available," Liv thought aloud in her lying state.

"I think I should go talk to mum, she is always willing to hear me out. Thank goodness she is at home today but I just hope she isn't busy," she soliloqued as she got up from the bed and walked towards the door.

"Why don't I freshen up first?" She said, turned back and walked towards the bathroom.

"Mom, I can't take this anymore. I'm just confuse, I don't know what to do," Leo said to Brie with a worried expression. He sat on the bed with his mother in his parent's room, his legs locked together. He has a pillow on his thighs on which he placed his hands.

"What's the matter sweetie?" Brie asked concerned, she placed the laptop she was working with on the side stool beside the bed and adjusted her self closer to her son. She rubbed his cheek gently and lovingly.

"When this feud between my siblings and I began, I thought I could carry on without them mum but now I just feel lonely without them. I miss them," Leo said gently and sincerely. Brie smiled.

"If you miss them, then you know what you have to do," she said raising a brow.

"No mum. No, that can't happen."

"Why?"

"Mum, you can't actually expect me to apologise to them, it's their fault, well it's Morgana's fault, so if anyone is to apologise here, it should be them not me."

"You are the one who just said you miss them and can't take it anymore."

"But..."

"No but. If you miss them, then you should look for a way to set things straight with them even if they aren't ready to. Remember, if the mountain doesn't come to Mohammed, Mohammed must go to the mountain."

"But mum, that will be a mockery on my ego. I have an ego to protect."

"Forget about ego. This is about doing the right thing. It's called wisdom." Brie paused looking at Leo. She continued, "Wisdom is being egoistic and intrepid at the right time and being foolish and timid at the right time and not the other way round. The situation at hand requires you to be foolish but that doesn't necessarily mean you are one."

"But why must I be the one to do it?" Leo asked defiantly.

"Because it's called responsibility. If you take up the responsibility to patch things up with your siblings in negligence to your ego, saving a life long relationship between you and your siblings from going south completely, it means only one thing," Brie said fixing her gaze on him.

"What?"

"That my baby is now grown up. He is now a matured and wise young man."

"But..."

"Shhhhhhh. Just think about it," Brie advised and cuddled him up in her arms, he placed his head on her bossom. She hoped silently this will change her son's heart and make him take the initiative to set things right.

Morgana overheard the conversation between mother and son. She was actually on her way to her parent's room to talk to her mother since she was also affected by the wave of loneliness and nostalgia. She stopped at the door of her parent's room when she overheard Leo and Brie conversing. After the Mother and son conversation, she turned to walk off but saw Liv standing before her. Judging from Liv's demeanor, Morgana could tell she also heard the conversation. They locked gaze for sometime, thereafter, Morgana walked passed her. Liv stared at her sister's retreating figure and back at the door of her parent's room. She walked away in deep thought.

Ever since Leo's conversation with his mother, a lot has been going through his mind, not just his but his siblings as well who coincidentally overheard the discussion. The 3Cs without doubt missed each other a lot but ego and pride won't let them resolve things. Each one of them waiting for the other to make the first move. Brie on the other hand kept on persuading them on the need for them to forget about their ego and save their relationship, she also created the atmospheres for such to happen but pride and ego wouldn't let things fall through.

"No, I can't do it, let them do it. They should make the move first," that's always their default statement.

The Chukwumas were all sitted round the dinning table having dinner. The atmosphere at the table was a very quiet one. The only sounds that could be heard were those of the food been munched and those of the cutleries as they came in contact with each other and the plate. The atmosphere was less tense this time around unlike previous times because the 3Cs are beginning to tolerate each other's presence. Someone gently hit the glass cup with a spoon to get everyone's attention, that person turns out to be Morgana, all eyes turned to her. Morgana stared at her family briefly and let out a cough afterwards.

"I have something to say," she said staring from her parents to her siblings one after the other who in turn fixed their gaze on her wondering what she had to say.

"What is it honey?" Jeffrey curiously asked.

"Erm erm it..." She stuttered.

"Come on sweetheart, what is it? say it," Brie persuaded. Morgana took in a deep breath and released it.

"Well, technically, this is for Leo and Liv." She paused and turned towards the subjects.

"This past days have been a rough one for us. We've been shredding each other apart but to be sincere I miss you guys a lot, I miss my Leo and my Liv. I miss not just my siblings but my friends, best friends and I really want us to be back together again. I'm sorry for everything that has happened. Leo, I'm sorry for damaging your science project even though it wasn't intentional but what matters most is that, I damaged it. I know how much that project and the science fair meant to you. I'm sorry for being the one to shatter your dreams of coming first at the science fair. I want you to know that I am not jealous of your geniusity but I'm proud of you and I know that one day, your dream for the science fair will be a reality, first position things. Liv, I'm really sorry for also being responsible for damaging your project. I know you invested a lot of time and energy into it. If I hadn't damaged Leo's project which led to a confrontation between the both of us, your project would have been intact. Please forgive me. I love you all," Morgana said.

That apologetic speech by Morgana was the ice that was needed to break the camel's back. The 3Cs made up with each other, apologised and hugged, ending days of feud and saving a life long relationship. This made their parents extremely happy. Brie heaved a sigh of relief that at least the crisis was finally over and her babies were back with each other again.

The next day at school, the principal announced that the science fair which was to be held the next day which is Saturday has been postponed to next term due to certain reasons.

"Can this get any better?" Liv said to her siblings who were sitted along with her in the car as Jacob drove them home from school.

"I can't believe we quarrelled over something that wasn't even going to hold. How foolish of us," Morgana said shaking her head.

"Yeah," Liv replied.

"That means I've got another chance of making my science fair dream a reality. This time I'm not gonna leave any stone unturned. Nothing, absolutely nothing is stopping me this time around," Leo soliloqued with a determined look. Morgana and Liv gave him weird looks.

#Xavier
#KUWTC
#Xav-Verse
#TheOrganizationSaga

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Keeping Up With The Chukwumas Vol.1 (18+) [Book 3 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 10:06am On Apr 08, 2022
Okay dearies, that's it for today's episode, till Monday.

Don't forget your likes, shares, comments, invites/ mentions and of course patronage on Okadabooks.

Click on my profile to read my other stories. Stories set in the Xav-Verse.

Gracias.

#Xavier

Re: Keeping Up With The Chukwumas Vol.1 (18+) [Book 3 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 10:09am On Apr 08, 2022
Eddysilver, Teddybliss, jullyrosy, Semako36, Ihawarl1, froze6, Jalynn, Kdavid, Dybala11, Honsky001, dawno2008, MrCork, YoungBruzzy, Plus1ne, Slimsophiediva, Carterj007, tomic1, Zeedrou8, Vlip42, dappydonatt, silverlinen, Mjay12355, PrinceMon101, Guyxander, Salahdin, Bam17, Minemrys, TheKingIsHere, BlackManta, abduleez1, Pu7pl3, BankyGee, Ann2012, safarigirl.

#Xavier

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Keeping Up With The Chukwumas Vol.1 (18+) [Book 3 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by froze6(m): 10:22am On Apr 08, 2022
Digested. Already
Anyone who doesn't like ghost, horror movie should not attempt to watch it especially in the night.
Me.
It's not ok for them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Keeping Up With The Chukwumas Vol.1 (18+) [Book 3 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 11:18am On Apr 08, 2022
froze6:
Digested. Already
Anyone who doesn't like ghost, horror movie should not attempt to watch it especially in the night.
Me.
It's not ok for them.

Abi ohhhhhhhhhh. Me, when I started seeing horror films, I didn't dare watch it at night. I do it then in the afternoon especially in a public place grin. But now, oga izza jagaban. Horror movies don't freak me out anymore cool

#Xavier

1 Like

Re: Keeping Up With The Chukwumas Vol.1 (18+) [Book 3 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by mekonglobal(m): 5:50pm On Apr 08, 2022
I suspected Leo all along but seeing that he was also a victim, i had to dismiss the idea. What a gut that young man posses. Ride on bro. Enjoying this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Keeping Up With The Chukwumas Vol.1 (18+) [Book 3 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 6:00pm On Apr 08, 2022
mekonglobal:
I suspected Leo all along but seeing that he was also a victim, i had to dismiss the idea. What a gut that young man posses. Ride on bro. Enjoying this.

Swears, some people's guts can be choking.

Thanks bro

Re: Keeping Up With The Chukwumas Vol.1 (18+) [Book 3 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by mekonglobal(m): 6:08pm On Apr 08, 2022
Xavier5:

Swears, some people's guts can be choking.
Thanks bro
Sure truth. My pleasure.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Keeping Up With The Chukwumas Vol.1 (18+) [Book 3 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 1:37pm On Apr 09, 2022

Re: Keeping Up With The Chukwumas Vol.1 (18+) [Book 3 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 9:03am On Apr 11, 2022
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN, EPISODE NINE: THE CROSSROAD VS THE CHOICE

Dedication
This chapter is dedicated with Love from Me to all teenagers worldwide who are at a crossroad in their lives. I hope the right decision is made by you all because your future depends on it. GOD BLESS YOU ALL_______Xavier.

The Greatest Problem Of Life Is Choice______Xavier.

Life itself is complex and mysterious, being made up of countless turns, twist, fate, paths, crossroads, puzzles, ups and downs. It is one of the most unstable if not the most unstable force that exist in the universe. It gives you a path to follow giving you the impression that it's a straight, one way and rectilinear force only for you to be hit unexpectedly with sudden twist and turns.

Life is a puzzled embedded force with lots of crossroads. There comes a time in the life of every human when he or she will inevitably encounter or face a crossroad and right there, one is faced with one problem, CHOICE. The choice made at such point determines the path in which one's life is channeled which could be positive or negative.

At this critical point, billions of persons have been able to utilize the full potentials of one the greatest gift ever given to man by God, which is free will, to make decisions at the crossroads of their lives in other to channel their lives on the right path. Decisions they are grateful they made while other billions made decisions at the critical point which they live to regret. Everything boils down to one thing, CHOICE. That force that determines how one's life would go. The 3Cs aren't exempted from it. They are at a crossroad which is a critical point of their life. Will they conquer it or will they be conquered by it? What will be their decisions that will determine which path their lives flows? What will be their CHOICE?

Liv paced to and fro the garden beside the Chukwuma's Mansion. Jeffrey being a lover of nature didn't slack in planting gardens round his house. The gardens comprised of beautiful flowers, ornamental trees which offer shades, well trimmed lawns and concrete sits and tables located under few out of the many shades provided by the trees. Deep in thought, she wondered if it will be possible to do what her friends had demanded of her earlier in school today. To her, it's impossible, not that she doesn't have the guts to do it, her fear is, what if something goes wrong or if she is apprehended?

"Hmmmmm," she sighed as the words of her friends echoed in her ears. Her mind travelled back few hours earlier.

"The party was the bomb. It was one hell of a party," Juliana exclaimed excitedly.

"Yeah, I had a swell time," Cherry replied her.

"Wait, what party is that and when?" Liv asked.

"Mercy's elder sister friend's birthday bash on Saturday at 10:00 pm," Cherry replied.

"At such an odd hour?" Liv asked, surprised.

"Yeah, it's a pity you couldn't come," Cherry said.

"Like she has ever attended any party of such," Mercy said mocking Liv.

"Whatever," Liv said with the wave of the hand.

"You missed a lot Liv, it was funtastic," Cherry said.

"But wait. How do you girls do it, I mean, do your parents allow you baes attend parties at such an ungodly hour?" Liv asked inquisitively.

"Nope. Which parent will let you go out most especially to attend a party at such an hour? We sneak out," Juliana said.

"What!!!" Liv exclaimed almost screaming.

"What if you get caught or something goes wrong out there?" She asked her friends knowing what awaits anyone caught sneaking out of or into the house at such an hour by her parents most especially her dad. "Don't you get punished?"

"For me, all they will do is what they've been doing since the evolution of man, talk. All they will do is just to talk, telling me one thousand and one reasons why I shouldn't sneak out of the house and what will happen if I do it but guess what bae, nothing ever happens," Mercy said.

"Liv, first, to be a sneaker and late night party attender, you have to be optimistic, so nothing is gonna wrong. Secondly, if I get caught, one thing is sure, I had fun, so even if I get punished, it isn't going to overwrite the fact that I had fun and besides I'm use to it already. Girls am I communicating?" Juliana said.

"Yeah, you are," Mercy and Cherry replied in unison.

"So my elder sister's boyfriend will be having a party at his house same time this Friday, are you gonna come?" Mercy asked Liv.

"You know I can't, considering the scenario at home," Liv said.

"Coming from someone that claims to be a bad bitch," Mercy taunted.

"You know I don't claim to be so, I live it," Liv defended.

"Well, I want you to upgrade that bad bitch of yours to the level were you sneak out of your house without fear to attend late night parties. So girl, are you doing it?" Mercy said sternly, she folded her arms across her chest beneath her bossom.

"You girls are serious about this right?" Liv asked staring at her friends who nodded in reply. They stared at her expecting her reply.

"This is really a tough decision to make, I'm just confuse. If I do what I've been asked to do, I have a feeling that something might go wrong, or is it nervousness? Am I nervous? What if I get caught? I will be as good as dead. Is the fun worth it? On the other hand, if I choose not to do it, the girls will see me as not bad a bitch enough. My confusion keeps getting deeper. I'm at a crossroad, I don't know which path to choose. I need to talk to someone," Liv muttered to herself as she got off her mind travel. She went and sat on one of the concrete sit in the garden.

One may choose to call it coincidence or fate but one thing is sure, irrespective of what one chooses to call it, it doesn't overwrite the fact that the 3Cs are in a trial period together at the same time in different circumstances. A period were teenagers like them are faced with a crossroads, a point were they need to make decisions to scale through, a choice that will shape their life and the path it follows.
Leonardo is been faced with the issue of engaging in premarital sex, having been pressurized by his friends to do it stating that for him to officially become a man, he has to have sex.

"Only boys stay celibate dude, real men don't. For you to leave your boyhood behind, you have to let go of that thing you call virginity. That's the only way to be initiated into manhood just like us brah," Andrew, one of Leo's friends said to him.

"Who still keeps his or her virginity nowadays?" Robert said and scoffed.

"I do," Leo replied him.

"Bro, listen to me. Girls are the only one that has and tend to perserve their virginity and not we, guys. So stop being a sissy and be a man for once. Break that virginity of yours, sex a lady, use that thing in between your legs," Obinna said pointing at Leo's crotch.

"Help me explain to him," Christian chipped in.
For Morgana, she is being faced with the problem of engaging in a sexual relationship by her friends, Ruth and Sophia, whose pressure intensified when they found out that she has a crush on Michael, the senior prefect.

"Girl, you better sit up and do the needful before some other girl get him. You know you aren't the only contender," Ruth said to Morgana.

"I know, but at this age, am I not too young to start dating?" Morgana asked.

"Are you kidding me? Are you seriously asking that? At 17, you still think you are still young to date? No girl, you are long overdue. Teens of 10, 11, 12 years have started dating and here you are thinking you are still young to date. My friend get up and explore like us," Sophia concluded her lecture leaving Morgana pondering.

The 3Cs have critical issues laid out in front of them, choices needs to be made but the question is, what will be their CHOICES?

Brie sighed and dropped her bag on the large brown mahogany table in her office and sat on her sit behind it. On the table is a desktop computer placed on the right side of it, piles of neatly arranged files located on the left side of the table, a rectangular cuboid polished wooden inscription that reads,

MRS BRIE CHUKWUMA.
SPECIAL ADVISER TO THE GOVERNOR ON EDUCATION

is also positioned on the table.

"Teenagers," she muttered as her thoughts wandered to her kids. As a parent, she knows that there will come a time in the life of her babies when they will be inevitably faced with the problem that confronts teens, peer pressure. She found out about the pressures on the 3Cs by their peers when she overheard Leo speaking with Jacob and Felix about his, and Liv and Morgana speaking to the maids, Cynthia and Loveth about theirs.

She wondered why the 3Cs chose to confide in the domestic workers about such sensitive issues rather than her and Jeffrey, their parents, and this makes her wonder what other secrets the kids are keeping from them, their parents.

"Well, I have a lot to discuss with the kids but that will be later, for now, duty calls," She soliloqued. She took a file from the pile of files on the table and began working on it.

#Xavier
#KUWTC
#Xav-Verse
#TheOrganization

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Keeping Up With The Chukwumas Vol.1 (18+) [Book 3 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] by Xavier5(m): 9:05am On Apr 11, 2022
Okay folks, that's it for today. Next Update comes up on Wednesday.

Don't forget to leave your comments, likes, shares and invites/ mentions.

The book is also on Okadabooks, your patronage will be highly appreciated.

Gracias

#Xavier

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Foreign Literature Class Will Be Treating My Short Story. I'm Amazed. / Beautiful Love Song / Why Are There No Millionaire Fiction Writers In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 205
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.