Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,232 members, 7,936,788 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 11:26 PM

Outrageous Customs Duty Of 754000 Naira For Iphone And Tablet By Ups - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Outrageous Customs Duty Of 754000 Naira For Iphone And Tablet By Ups (945 Views)

Umueledi, Abia Protests With Coffin Over Outrageous EEDC Billing (Pics, Video) / How Indians Evade Customs Duty, Abuse Fast Track System / Slay King Killed For Stealing iPhone And Laptop In Edo. Graphic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Outrageous Customs Duty Of 754000 Naira For Iphone And Tablet By Ups by ChidiOGUDU123: 5:39pm On Mar 27, 2022
I ordered for an iPhone and a tablet from the USA which was sent through UPS. When it arrived in Nigeria last week UPS sent me an SMS that required me to pay the sum of 339000 naira as custom duty. I called to register my complaint and then they sent me another email that increased the custom duty to almost 754000 Naira. The only reasonable item that I shipped was an iPhone 13 and a tablet. The other items are just a watch and earbud.

I have asked the sender to recall the items to avoid unnecessary stress with the UPS. I have received several packages through other courier companies without issues and the customs charges seem to be confusing and conflicting. They just slam arbitrary charges on you and force you to pay into UPS account despite the fact that custom duties and other federal government revenues are supposed to be deposited via remitta. I have attached the customs bills sent by UPS to my email and I would like you guys to look at it carefully to know how genuine it is. It does not look real and authentic and after showing it to some customs officials they said it is a scam. Even when I imported a car from Canada this year I did not even pay up to 754,000 Naira to clear it.

Who else has had this issue with UPS before. How di you get it resolved.

Re: Outrageous Customs Duty Of 754000 Naira For Iphone And Tablet By Ups by Nackzy: 5:49pm On Mar 27, 2022
Thank God you're smart
Re: Outrageous Customs Duty Of 754000 Naira For Iphone And Tablet By Ups by Tetrahedron(m): 5:52pm On Mar 27, 2022
Omo, so UPS has been blended into the Nigerian system!

Anyway it’s Nigerians doing what they know best!

Scam-Country
Re: Outrageous Customs Duty Of 754000 Naira For Iphone And Tablet By Ups by ChidiOGUDU123: 11:41pm On Mar 27, 2022
Tetrahedron:
Omo, so UPS has been blended into the Nigerian system!

Anyway it’s Nigerians doing what they know best!

Scam-Country
imagine 750,000 naira for just a phone and tablet
Re: Outrageous Customs Duty Of 754000 Naira For Iphone And Tablet By Ups by MansoryMX(m): 1:10am On Mar 28, 2022
ChidiOGUDU123:
I ordered for an iPhone and a tablet from the USA which was sent through UPS. When it arrived in Nigeria last week UPS sent me an SMS that required me to pay the sum of 339000 naira as custom duty. I called to register my complaint and then they sent me another email that increased the custom duty to almost 754000 Naira. The only reasonable item that I shipped was an iPhone 13 and a tablet. The other items are just a watch and earbud.

I have asked the sender to recall the items to avoid unnecessary stress with the UPS. I have received several packages through other courier companies without issues and the customs charges seem to be confusing and conflicting. They just slam arbitrary charges on you and force you to pay into UPS account despite the fact that custom duties and other federal government revenues are supposed to be deposited via remitta. I have attached the customs bills sent by UPS to my email and I would like you guys to look at it carefully to know how genuine it is. It does not look real and authentic and after showing it to some customs officials they said it is a scam. Even when I imported a car from Canada this year I did not even pay up to 754,000 Naira to clear it.

Who else has had this issue with UPS before. How di you get it resolved.

I asked a friend in Alabama, USA to buy me iPhone 13pro max, a shoe, track suit. Just 3 Items. Bro na 275k I pay for pose office before I collect am! I asked why that amount and they told me custom fixed the price and not them. I called heaven and earth connection I get but the price was truly fixed by custom when I asked why such wickedness from custom I was told point blank that the new Custom comptroller wants to recover the money he paid to get the position, also remit last minute looting to the cabals and godfather who gave him the position. Nigeria is a dead country, we just don’t want to tell ourselves the bitter truth.
Re: Outrageous Customs Duty Of 754000 Naira For Iphone And Tablet By Ups by xristos(m): 7:05pm On Aug 19, 2023
MansoryMX:

I asked a friend in Alabama, USA to buy me iPhone 13pro max, a shoe, track suit. Just 3 Items. Bro na 275k I pay for pose office before I collect am! I asked why that amount and they told me custom fixed the price and not them. I called heaven and earth connection I get but the price was truly fixed by custom when I asked why such wickedness from custom I was told point blank that the new Custom comptroller wants to recover the money he paid to get the position, also remit last minute looting to the cabals and godfather who gave him the position. Nigeria is a dead country, we just don’t want to tell ourselves the bitter truth.
embarassed embarassed

(1) (Reply)

Today 29 Tuesday New Cult War About To Start In Ijebu Ode Start Running / BREAKING: Police Declares 12 Persons Wanted Over Ananmbra Killings / Land Of The Rising Sun: Man Stabbed Brother To Death In Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.