Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,481 members, 7,961,484 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 06:47 AM

Why Is Nairaland Like This? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Why Is Nairaland Like This? (366 Views)

Why Is Nairaland Shielding Kwankwaso? / Seun Is Nairaland Specially For Muslims Or Every Religion???? / If You Go Out Dressed Like This SARS Will Never Stop You (SEE PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Nairaland Like This? by Hamatoyowshi: 10:29am On Apr 03, 2022
I saw the below linked thread on frontpage.

https://www.nairaland.com/7059855/planning-relocating-north-south-west

The OP is asking for guidance relocating from SW from North. Now, instead of befitting answers, every comment on the first page is filled with tribalism and religious bigotism.

This has made me sad and wondering: how do these Nigerians live with so much hatred in them? Are these regular Nigerians I meet during my day-to-day activities? Why do we hate each other so much?

I'm saying this because I'm a product of two of these tribes; I have lived in all five of the six geo-regions spending nothing less than 2 years in each; the best friends I have had are of tribes different from mine.

Is it just me seeing this way? Or there is something wrong somewhere?

To those that have been to other countries, is tribalism a thing there? Why us?

I'm down mehn!

Why Nigerians Why?
Re: Why Is Nairaland Like This? by ignis: 10:31am On Apr 03, 2022
Nairaland have been invaded by tribal bigots. Which is a reflection of the Nigerian economy at large.

Dr. Nelo in the Abuja-Kaduna bound train, who tweeted and solicited for the prayers of Nigerians after she was shot, was wished death instead.
Re: Why Is Nairaland Like This? by longetivity(m): 10:39am On Apr 03, 2022
Nigeria should just break up
Re: Why Is Nairaland Like This? by YeyeGbami: 10:46am On Apr 03, 2022
No dey mind all those fools. Na online dem dey get mouth.
Re: Why Is Nairaland Like This? by chatinent: 10:51am On Apr 03, 2022
Did we agree to live together before the colonial amalgam?
Re: Why Is Nairaland Like This? by Nemesis0147(m): 10:56am On Apr 03, 2022
Don’t take what you read online serious!
Most of those people has close friends and neighbors from different ethnic groups.
Re: Why Is Nairaland Like This? by Chiraq77(m): 10:58am On Apr 03, 2022
I Blame the Zombie Mods on this God Damned Forum that allows such comments like that to be Visible

Death to all Tribalistic Mods

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nairaland Like This? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 11:09am On Apr 03, 2022
Hamatoyowshi:
I saw the below linked thread on frontpage.

https://www.nairaland.com/7059855/planning-relocating-north-south-west

The OP is asking for guidance relocating from SW from North. Now, instead of befitting answers, every comment on the first page is filled with tribalism and religious bigotism.

This has made me sad and wondering: how do these Nigerians live with so much hatred in them? Are these regular Nigerians I meet during my day-to-day activities? Why do we hate each other so much?

I'm saying this because I'm a product of two of these tribes; I have lived in all five of the six geo-regions spending nothing less than 2 years in each; the best friends I have had are of tribes different from mine.

Is it just me seeing this way? Or there is something wrong somewhere?

To those that have been to other countries, is tribalism a thing there? Why us?

I'm down mehn!

Why Nigerians Why?
Bros u lie, more & more people are returning back home (state/village of origin) to work in private or public sector or to start their own business. Is only in few cases or places that this diversity is really working.

Fewer intermarriages these days...
In a Facebook post only people of same tribe react, replying & commenting
Re: Why Is Nairaland Like This? by ChemicalReaction(f): 11:10am On Apr 03, 2022
Make no mistake, nairaland is a reflection of the what the larger society is all about- just that, unlike the everyday people we meet, it is a faceless forum that gives people the morale and confidence to expose their inner conviction.

Would you really blame us? Nigeria is a country divided against ethnic, religious and party lines, and politicians have done more evil by exploiting these differences to rather incite us against each other.

It's normal for people to be emotionally attached to their ethnicity. And the truth is, most people you meet in real life also display some form of resistance if you talk about their tribe in some type of way- just that real life doesn't give them the room to be dispicable and wish harm to others.

What is more fascinating is the fact that same Nigerians who hate themselves so much on here would scream racism or xenophobia when it's a stranger doing his thing.

These same people would also be united when it comes to other spheres of life. In my dealings with people, I as much as possible avoid conversations that would lead to tribal or religious sentiments. I don't have strength to hate biko..

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nairaland Like This? by nawa4naija(m): 11:26am On Apr 03, 2022
My brother, no reason am, it’s been like that for ages

Re: Why Is Nairaland Like This? by Alakoyequdus20: 12:03pm On Apr 03, 2022
Tribalism take us to no where we should rather stop this non*ense. So distingues going through the trend is so sad on how people quote

(1) (Reply)

What Are Some Of The Tactics You Know For Catching Criminals / Met Officers Have Been Dismissed Due To Racist Meghan Whatsapp Post / Operation Safe Haven: Nigerian Troops Arrest Three Gun Runners, Kidnappers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.