Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,098 members, 7,963,594 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 02:30 PM

Courtesy Sanusi, Nigeria Shines At Global Cfa Conference - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Courtesy Sanusi, Nigeria Shines At Global Cfa Conference (6799 Views)

Lamido Sanusi, Ganduje At Global Islamic Summit In Dubai....photos / Amaechi Shines At A Cowboy Dinner In Lagos (photos) / Senator Aisha Jummai Al-Hassan (Governorship Candidate) Shines At APC Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Courtesy Sanusi, Nigeria Shines At Global Cfa Conference by nagoma(m): 4:25pm On Jul 08, 2011
"The speech was jovial and incisive, with Governor Sanusi holding the audience spell-bound while also passing on the crucial message that Nigeria is not about the negatives that people read about in the media. Admittedly, the country faces all the challenges of many resource-rich developing economies saddled with the classic Dutch disease that makes the economy to be highly dependent on oil exports and revenues to the detriment of other sectors of the economy, nevertheless, the CBN Governor’s emphasis on the efforts that the government has been making in curbing fraud in various facets of life in the country in no small means went a long way in correcting the mindset of many people in the audience."

Poor Sanusi, he is trying to undo the effects of the 419 Nigerian southerners are doing to the world and the same people are heaping the most
obnoxious insults on him here on NL. just because he is a northerner and a muslim and he is succeeding! Carry on with your work SLS -GEJs sees beyond bigotry.
Re: Courtesy Sanusi, Nigeria Shines At Global Cfa Conference by cvibe: 5:10pm On Jul 08, 2011
Carry on SLS
Re: Courtesy Sanusi, Nigeria Shines At Global Cfa Conference by olabukola: 5:58pm On Jul 08, 2011
Gbawe:

What you fail to understand is that this is not my purchase . It is my cousin who was buying the car. In so far as he was happy to pay all the cost that ensured I was not personally inconvenienced [/b]then I was happy to help him out.

You are guilty of how Nigerians myopically jump to conclusion without inspecting things carefully . Asides the AA Inspection fee (around £120.00 at the time) and recovery to [b]Tilbury (around £95.00)
there is nothing else paid for that could have been escaped . Purchase cost and shipping cost are of course necessary and unavoidable for everyone . The recovery guy I use does a lot of work for me , accepts credit cards, and is happy to take vehicles to Tilbury and wait around to pick up the booking-in documents for me.

It is only ITK (I too know) that will make you conclude that an extra £215 spent on a luxury car , purchase for £7 K amounts to " twice the price of that car". The guy still made substantial savings on what he would have paid for a similar vehicle in Nigeria plus he got a car immaculately used and maintained that is a far cry from the right-offs dumped in Nigeria. Based on such erroneous assumption you then conclude "This shows that you have not shipped car from Tilbury before" simply because you are keen to show you are smart or knowledgeable when it is obvious you don't see what you should.
Dudu if you have shipped car from tilbury before you will know that this your recovery story didn't glue. To be honest with you if you get to be honest with if you get to tilbury after 6am you are likely not going to ship your car that day. It takes almost a day to do the stuffs concerning shipping in Tilbury. Who drove the car to the weigh bridge? the recovery man? for £95 kard? you having a laugh mate. Coming to buying the car is not even easy as you made it to look. Are u away you have to sigh a part in the log book that will be sent off to dvla for the change of ownership? who did that for you since you never presented yourself for once during the transact. The AA man or Recovery man? Look we all know that we can do manything transact online but there are some that need ur presence and buying a second hand car is one of them.
Re: Courtesy Sanusi, Nigeria Shines At Global Cfa Conference by gbolahan85(m): 6:19pm On Jul 08, 2011
Time & Posterity wil give a true picture of Lamido Sanusi's banking reform .Soludo was here,we know d story now.
Re: Courtesy Sanusi, Nigeria Shines At Global Cfa Conference by skyranger: 6:33pm On Jul 08, 2011
guys, cash facilitates bribes, fraud and looting of public covers.
isn't this what we want, stop our politician from looting?
no matter how much politicians steal, they can't do anything with it if  they can't make the money disappear, if they wire it directly, that leaves  trail for future reference, so cash is the sure bet.
withdraw naira cash, go to black market and buy dollars from Burea de Change, leaves no trail, carry hard currency abroad (some of our politicians have been caught on this journey) or deposit the USD they bought at the black market in a bank and start wiring the money abroad in 10k USD everyday.
how many Nigerians earn above 150k a month and we alll making noise when the policy is suppose to even protect  the common and poor man in this country.
Re: Courtesy Sanusi, Nigeria Shines At Global Cfa Conference by JimmyBoy1: 6:36pm On Jul 08, 2011
This is good.
Re: Courtesy Sanusi, Nigeria Shines At Global Cfa Conference by Gbawe: 6:52pm On Jul 08, 2011
olabukola:

Dudu if you have shipped car from tilbury before you will know that this your recovery story didn't glue. To be honest with you[b] if you get to be honest with if you get to tilbury after 6am you are likely not going to ship your car that day. [/b]It takes almost a day to do the stuffs concerning shipping in Tilbury. Who drove the car to the weigh bridge? the recovery man? for £95 kard? you having a laugh mate.  The AA man or Recovery man? Look we all know that we can do manything transact online but there are some that need your presence and buying a second hand car is one of them.

You are a liar mate. I personally supervised the shipment of two cars from Tilbury myself as recently as 9 weeks ago. We got to the Port at around 3.30 pm and left around 6.00pm . Stop cutting corners , with all these 'jeun-jeun' shipping 'agents' working from their bedsit. Go with administrative excellence and use the shippers themselves for example Luna shipping. http://www.lunashipping.co.uk/
I have seen most Nigerians arrive at Tilbury with their vehicle only for the system , because of middleman incompetence, to not have a filed entry for their motor vehicle. You then have to wait till the database ratifies your car before you proceed. This is the main cause of delay aside for how some days are[b] unusually[/b] busy. Instead of using agents, go direct and use the shippers that even agent themselves use.

As for the recovery driver, all I can say is that it is either your scale of operation is discrete (non-continuous) or that you need to redefine your outlook, people skill and strategy. Recovery businesses will take vehicles to Tilbury and put your car through if you are a regular customer , with or without a formal account, guaranteeing them certain amount of minimal trade quarterly. On a congested day , you can always give them a little 'sweetener' for unusually lengthy waiting time.  

Coming to buying the car is not even easy as you made it to look. Are u away you have to sigh a part in the log book that will be sent off to dvla for the change of ownership? who did that for you since you never presented yourself for once during the transact.

This is why I called you an ITK. What you write is predicated on the car being a UK registered car . Look on autotrader or Gumtree today and you will see many migrant workers , from all over the EU, selling their left hand drive cars in the UK to buy a right-hooker. Most of these guys end up PXing (part-exchanging) their Foreign registered LHD for a Right hand drive vehicle. The dealer then sells the vehicle on to either those who will re-register it in the UK or to those shipping it abroad. Either way , you are not required to sign anything. you take the car away and the responsibility of legally registering it then falls on you completely. Look at the advertised LHD Range Rover below , for example, and tell me what log book section you will be completing when the vehicle is a Belgian import to the UK :

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/2003-lhd-range-rover-30-diesel-hse-left-hand-drive-satnav-leather-tv-belgium-reg-lhd/83280857

The seller even hints at it by stating :
EUROPEAN IMPORT

ALL DOCUMENTS PRESENT IF YOU WANT TO EXPORT IT OR PUT IT ON UK PLATES

Some of you should just stop doing that Nigerian thing where you think you know too much because you limit yourself to seeing everything from the level you operate at. Keep an open mind and you may learn from others. You need to know that wherever you think you are, others have been there before you. Best to be predisposed to gaining knowledge from them rather than thinking you know it all based on your limited knowledge.
Re: Courtesy Sanusi, Nigeria Shines At Global Cfa Conference by BIGERBOY1: 6:59pm On Jul 08, 2011
My main man, only guys into CFA knows what it is to stand on this podium, abi I lie, where r CFA's at.

Re: Courtesy Sanusi, Nigeria Shines At Global Cfa Conference by FindOut(m): 7:09pm On Jul 08, 2011
splendid arguments, from most forumites so far. Gbawe, Texazzpette, God bless u guys. I usually feel a lot smarter when I read u guys posts. Please keep it up.

Sanusi will always be seen as a muslim northerner who has no business heading the CBN. That however will not deter him from doing his job & receivin commendations & encouragements from people who matter. And as able Jarus also pointed out, he's not infallible, a fact the man acknowledged when he was ''summoned'' by the 'distinguished' senators to defend his pronouncement over their massive 'legal loot'.

Please lets keep tribal and religious sentiments at bay when discussing and commentin on national issues, afterall, we all claim to be intelligent, dont we? smiley

1 Like

Re: Courtesy Sanusi, Nigeria Shines At Global Cfa Conference by phreakabit(m): 7:31pm On Jul 08, 2011
The fact that his of reputable intellect, doesn't rule out the possibility fact that some most of his policies are not flawless, and tilted towards the actualization of his Northern agenda. Lets be honest here. Nigeria is in no way ready to become a cashless society, let alone one that practices "Sharia Banking" where workers are[b] required[/b] to have basic knowledge of Koran.
Re: Courtesy Sanusi, Nigeria Shines At Global Cfa Conference by omaojo1: 7:48pm On Jul 08, 2011
SLS's brilliance has never been in doubt, this he has on several occassions demonstrated to world acclaim yet we sit back to criticize him. The financial market world over is living on govt financial live support so i don't see the offence in bailing out banks-afterall reckless administrators caused our own problem. cashless economy or not: we can sit back and watch smaller African countries pacing along with global trends. Islamic banking: even the bulge brackets with no islamic origin are market leaders in this area.(even our own stanbic ibtc has taken position). Is it because he refused to be made a billionaire by the akingbola's, ibru's and co that we are angry?

BIGER BOY:

My main man, only guys into CFA knows what it is to stand on this podium, abi I lie, where r CFA's at.
I feel you, to stand there no be beans. Any finance top-notch will be happy to be there.
Re: Courtesy Sanusi, Nigeria Shines At Global Cfa Conference by phreakabit(m): 8:11pm On Jul 08, 2011
T[b]he way I see Sanusi's Northern Agenda unfolding :[/b]

1, "Cashless society scheme" ( Which will restrict/scare people from withdrawing large amounts of cash, hence leaving the banks with loads of cash to fund/ invest in  their 3rd project).

2, Islamic Banking system ( To use the readily available cash from the cashless society scheme as loan to Northern businessmen in the form of halal loans under Islamic banking system meaning they don't have to pay " interest" when they pay back the money loaned.

3, Project #3. These Northern businessmen will in turn fund the dream/goal/aspiration which the North has always intend to complete, being the Islamic crusade started by Usman dan Fodio

Call me paranoid? Well just wait and see.
Re: Courtesy Sanusi, Nigeria Shines At Global Cfa Conference by member479760: 8:29pm On Jul 08, 2011
One can't imagine that everyday one need to on the power generator in order to charge common phone, this is big issue we have in this country that our FG is not moving to solve and play a leading role globally in tackling this issue. but they find a cheap way to put themselves thru globally with different economy program that won't work at the end of the day.

ofcourse, whiteman will continue to crown them with awards, they will never tell them the fact. look at asians countries will are on the same level during 60's, where are we now compare to them? same place, but nigerians received global awards far more than these people.
Re: Courtesy Sanusi, Nigeria Shines At Global Cfa Conference by Kx: 8:37pm On Jul 08, 2011
nakedall:

ofcourse, whiteman will continue to crown them with awards, they will never tell them the fact. look at asians countries will are on the same level during 60's, where are we now compare to them? same place, but nigerians received global awards far more than these people.

Something tells me when the oyiboman is dashing the black man series of awards,
he means," see this mumu miss road.
Too much bookery, nothing to show for it.

When will results achieved through serious application of theories land us award
not scholarly exposition of thesis and hypothesis
Nigeria need Benjamin Franklins,Thomas Edisons, not Noble,Economic/political laureates, not SLS.
Re: Courtesy Sanusi, Nigeria Shines At Global Cfa Conference by Wallie(m): 9:03pm On Jul 08, 2011
There seems to be quite a few conspiracy theorists in the house grin I’m surprised no one has accused him of being a member of the Illuminati grin

With regards to the monetary policy, among other things, the withdrawal limits might be to fast track the infrastructural demand that entrepreneurs will take advantage of. The fact is that almost everyone sees the benefits of a cashless society but how can policy makers force private citizens to make the needed infrastructural investment?

As draconian as his methods may seem, an instant demand will be created for point-of-sale terminals, internet access, and the entire supporting infrastructure for a cashless society without waiting 10 years for people to adopt the change naturally. This will result in a huge win for the IT field.
Re: Courtesy Sanusi, Nigeria Shines At Global Cfa Conference by olaolabiy: 9:22pm On Jul 08, 2011
grin grin grin

@all

If only you had any idea what they're saying as they're clapping grin

Oyinbo dey give you award you dey do like sey you sabi.

Sey na the theory developed for Abuja or the language from Abuja he dey yan?

I dey laugh oo. grin
Re: Courtesy Sanusi, Nigeria Shines At Global Cfa Conference by hallmark77: 9:50pm On Jul 08, 2011
I definitely dont hate the north and am a muslim,but cant you guys see that Sanusi is behaving too desperate to keep this job.Something is defintely bad about that guy but time will tell.Ovation ko atewon ni!Tell him to stop making bad statements that depresses the stock market and also creating fear of instability in depositors of Nigerian banks.If he can do that,then I have no problem with him.He can sack all the bank managers in the country,I dont care as long as the system is functioning and I am not been punished for saving money in the banks.
Re: Courtesy Sanusi, Nigeria Shines At Global Cfa Conference by manny4life(m): 10:47pm On Jul 08, 2011
Is SLS a CFA? shocked shocked shocked shocked

Besides, that he was invited to the CFA Conference, and he was called upon to make a speech, it could have been for many reasons. For crying out loud, Nigeria is on the race to be one of the G-20 nations, irrespective of the fact of our declining economy, Nigeria is well acknolegded globally, if someone can prove to me that he was invited because of his wonderful policies, particularly his own personal work, then I'll accept till then, let's forget it.
Re: Courtesy Sanusi, Nigeria Shines At Global Cfa Conference by Jarus(m): 10:54pm On Jul 08, 2011
I have been away from this thread since almost immediately i started the topic, due to autoban from spambot. Now coming back, i have a seen a lot of comments which i will respond to together.

First, if you're new here, Naijaking and co, will tell you that i have been an avid admirer and defender of SLS since 2009. So for the poster saying 'now, it's Sanusi on Nairaland by Jarus and co', i want to tell you that it's not now, we have been in it in this section for 2 years plus.

Sanusi is my role model and far before he became CBN boss, i said that here in March 2009: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-248924.0.html#msg3607203

What i like about him is his brilliance, intellect and courage. Being a writer myself, i learnt from him that contributing to national socio-political issues through regular articles, despite being a corporate executive is very possible. I learnt som many other things from him. And i have only sighted him live just once when he was FBN CEO. But i have self-apppointed myself as his defender, especially against the sickening arguments that he is not qualified as apex bank boss because he did not have an Ivy League degeree. Now tell me, from the way the authors of that article narrated his performance at world Financial Analysts gathering, what more would an Harvard-trained CBN governor do that he did not do there. He delivered the speech ex tempore and got the loudest ovation in a 4-day conference, where, for sure, many top guys from investment banking world would have also talked.

As for ekubear asking for vdeo evidence before he believes what those guys said of Sanusi's performance, then i'm sorry i cant help you. If you think 3 CFA Charterholders(and they are few in Nigeria) out of the 4 recognized enough to represent Nigeria at that conference will lie(with their professional reputation at stake) about Sanusi's performance, then your cynism is beyond redemption.

I have written over 20 articles in the last 2 years and half bordered on Sanusi, simply due to the fact that i personally cant take it when people dismiss somebody simply because of his tribe. Secondly, because he is my role model from his FBN days and i will continue to defend him.

Now, is he infallible? Clearlly no. Have i agreed with all his policies? Yes, except too hastily publlishing bank debtors list in August 2009 where errors were unpardonably found in the list.

Sanusi Lamido Sanusi: so good that his mother named him twice!
Re: Courtesy Sanusi, Nigeria Shines At Global Cfa Conference by Jarus(m): 11:00pm On Jul 08, 2011
manny4life:

Is SLS a CFA? shocked shocked shocked shocked

Besides, that he was invited to the CFA Conference, and he was called upon to make a speech, it could have been for many reasons. For crying out loud, Nigeria is on the race to be one of the G-20 nations, irrespective of the fact of our declining economy, Nigeria is well acknolegded globally, if someone can prove to me that he was invited because of his wonderful policies, particularly his own personal work, then I'll accept till then, let's forget it.

Can you give us other reasons why a global, serious professional body like CFA will invite an African regulator to come and address them, if not for spectacular performance of interest from him? Or do you think he was there to sing for them?
Re: Courtesy Sanusi, Nigeria Shines At Global Cfa Conference by chamber2(m): 12:07am On Jul 09, 2011
Can you give us other reasons why a global, serious professional body like CFA will invite an African regulator to come and address them, if not for spectacular performance of interest from him? Or do you think he was there to sing for them?

To most people, Nigeria is Africa and Africa is Nigeria.Where I live currently, if you tell anyone you are an African the first question will be, are you a Nigerian?So, inviting SLS to speak in such a large conference of finance professionals, to me, has nothing to do with his performance.Charles Soudo is currently a member of the UN advisory council, the only African/black in the group.Was his appointment based on his performance?I am not trying to discredit SLS, but let current economic situation in our country gauge his performance.The position of the CBN, even when occupied by a clown, goes with immense honour and recognition.So, inviting SLS to the conference shouldn't be seen as a surprise.

Sanusi, as i have earlier said is eloquent and undoubtedly brilliant.Most of his policies are good, but his approaches are always very wrong.This is the only problem i have with him.It's not a case of being a northerner or a muslim.His approach to solving problems is just not healthy for a young economy such as ours.Just because there are a few cobwebs in a building does not mean it is about to collapse.What it needs is cleaning.So, blowing issues out of proportion is is just ridiculous.
Re: Courtesy Sanusi, Nigeria Shines At Global Cfa Conference by olaolabiy: 11:13am On Jul 09, 2011
I respect intelligent people more than brilliant people.
This is the reason why I like Sanusi. He's simply intelligent. And, intelligence cannot be bought. Not even in a good university.

Is he honest? Yes! Compared to most Nigerians, yes!

Is a religious bigot? Probably. Well, time will tell.

Do I support his policies? Yes! Apart from his attempt to put a limit on cash deposit. Why do I have to pay in order to save my money?
Re: Courtesy Sanusi, Nigeria Shines At Global Cfa Conference by olaolabiy: 11:15am On Jul 09, 2011
Jarus:

Sanusi Lamido Sanusi: so good that his mother named him twice!
grin grin grin grin grin grin

You no serious ooo
Re: Courtesy Sanusi, Nigeria Shines At Global Cfa Conference by Jarus(m): 12:10pm On Jul 09, 2011
ola olabiy:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

You no serious ooo
grin
grin

Yes na. Abeg make i promote my hero o grin

And guess where that borrowed coinage came to my mind yesterday? Inside BRT bus. grin
Re: Courtesy Sanusi, Nigeria Shines At Global Cfa Conference by macjive01: 12:36pm On Jul 09, 2011
IMO, i think Soludo is the best brain Nigeria has ever produced. Not minding his lapses in not check-mating some of the dubious bankers, Generally, that guy is so brainy, well endowed with massive fore-sight, and amongst  all   his skulduggery in pushing for his reforms.

check out his landmarks

* consolidation= who ever tot it wud happen, arm twisted these politico-bank owners to adhere to a reform that wud protect the poor masses deposit. who tot it will let alone be a success. 

* Introduction of polymer naira note to our most used denomination.

*  The ill-fated proposal for a seamless upward review of our currency to tame inflation and save money from paper currency production.

*  compelling every bank to have presence in every of the 36 states- this singular act ushered in the massive recruitment and actual jobs to the teeming labour market.

*  compelled banks to integrate their various branches accounts , so that a person who opens an account in lagos then happened to be moved to another state didn't have to always go to Lagos, same branch to mk a withdrawal.

* encouraged Nigerian banks to spread all over the world, dominating various economies - serrie lone, liberia, gambia, providing essenstial services and massive financial clot and gain for Nigerian and her businesses .

* mandating every bank to have an affiliate with a foreign western bank to ease money transfer; this act reduced the time it took to mk transfers from a little over 30 days to 3 working days. massively help businesses to process their goods , as well as postgraduate student mking tuition fees payments.

* what else. .   .   .

* was on the verge of doling out a segment of our foreign reserve to our well performing local banks to manage.

* sanusi said he also made provision for banks who might be interested in running islamic banking NON-INTEREST BANKING, laying the frame work and modalities  .

* sorted out our statistics office. monthly performance indexes were duly published. KPIs outlined.

* . .  .  ,  . i can keep going to like two pages, however the question is

WHAT HAS AGANGA, SANUSI AND THE PAST FOUR TO FIVE CBN GOVERNORS ACHIEVED OR EVEN CONCEIVED ?

Sincerely, it is a shame, a very big shame Soludo is not in GEJ government!
Re: Courtesy Sanusi, Nigeria Shines At Global Cfa Conference by HornyJane(f): 1:09pm On Jul 09, 2011
I love this man
Re: Courtesy Sanusi, Nigeria Shines At Global Cfa Conference by macjive01: 1:18pm On Jul 09, 2011
^^^ who ? sanusi ?
Re: Courtesy Sanusi, Nigeria Shines At Global Cfa Conference by macjive01: 1:22pm On Jul 09, 2011
Hot Jane:

I love this man

damn, u toooooo fine girl. Mehn, Those thighs are ravishingly beautiful. lucky boy-friend!
Re: Courtesy Sanusi, Nigeria Shines At Global Cfa Conference by chamber2(m): 1:37pm On Jul 09, 2011
Can You Ride In Bed?

Don't try me there grin grin grin grin
Re: Courtesy Sanusi, Nigeria Shines At Global Cfa Conference by olaolabiy: 2:46pm On Jul 09, 2011
Jarus:

grin
grin

Yes na. Abeg make i promote my hero o grin

And guess where that borrowed coinage came to my mind yesterday? Inside BRT bus. grin
grin
Good one. Very fitting.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC VS PDP Battle Of The Hips ukwu: SEE The 32 Finalist For The 2015 Miss UKWU!! / African Devt Bank To Fund Agro-industrial Park For North West / FG Spent N1.25trn On Debt Service In 5 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.