Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,520 members, 7,961,628 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 10:04 AM

Security tips that might be of benefit to you. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Security tips that might be of benefit to you. (404 Views)

See The Meaning Of "Benefit Boys And SBA Boys", Which Is The Latest Slang Trendi / The True Definition Of Benefit Boys (ICYDK) / Security Tips For Banks Customers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Security tips that might be of benefit to you. by HUSTLER001: 9:41am On May 04, 2022
I just came across a topic about a missing 21 year old,unilag student. I'd always wanted to put up security tips on this platform but due to work I continue to procrastinate. I want to use this medium to give out a few tips on staying safe especially at night. *CARRY A TOUCH LIGHT: you'll bear me witness that most places especially in Lagos do not have street lights. Therefore criminals use this opportunity to carry out their plans. So it is necessary to have a touch light(not touch light of your android or iPhone) with you. *USE A SMALL PHONE MOST OFTEN AT NIGHT: Some people go out at night for different reasons. Whether for fun or for religious reasons,it is adviseable to drop all gadgets that will attract attention towards you at home and make use of a smaller phone(at least for the purpose of communication). *REDUCE YOUR PHONE BACKLIGHT:A lot of people fall prey to this. Brightening your phone backlight at night gives criminals a clue that you are carrying an expensive gadget and so they can take advantage. You never can tell who can be lurking around the corner. *REDUCE YOUR PHONE RINGTONE:I cannot overemphasize on the fact that you should always keep a low ring tone before going out at night. The sound of your ring tone may alert these criminals and give them a clue about the direction you are coming from. You wouldn't want them to rob you off your property and then complement you for having their favourite sing as your ringtone. Do you? *FOLLOW BUSY ROADS OR MAJOR ROADS: It is expected that you should have identified the busy streets or roads around your neighbourhood or even place of work. Haven identified these streets, it is better to use these busy areas as it is more difficult for criminals to perpetuate crime where there is a crowd of people. *AVOID SILENT STREETS: This is an extension of what I talked about up there. A lot of people have fallen prey to thieves simply because they decided to use a shorter route not minding if it is a deserted place. Criminals usually use those places to run their operations as it is comfortable zone for them. *GO IN GROUPS: You know what they say about a pride(group of lions). They are usually stronger when they walk in groups as each one can look out for the other when in danger. The same goes for humans. Always take a family member or a trusted friend along with you when going out at night even if you want to get something in the next neighbourhood. Remember these criminals do not have boundaries. They can strike anywhere at anytime. *ALWAYS SHADOW:'Shadow' is a street slang that means 'look out'. So in a nut shell always be on the look out when walking at night and don't get distracted by listening to music or pressing your gadget. Criminals take advantage of your lack of focus and may dispossess you of your property even before having the opportunity to run. So,don't loose guard! *RUN!: You read it. Right? Do you still want to read in between lines. I guess there won't be time for that when you hear gun shots. Run! but be careful so you don't run into the enemy. Try to locate a residential building and beg neighbours to harbour you for a while until it is safe to go home. I know it can be embarrassing at times especially when you run into two adults making out in their room. But I wonder how they could have been so carried away that they wouldn't just hear the gun shots. grin. Yeah,just wanted to add some humour to the write up. *OBSERVE BEFORE ENTERING A COMMERCIAL VEHICLE: Always observe the passengers before boarding a bus. Don't be too quick to hop in a bus just because you don't want to miss the bus. It is better to arrive late and be safe than to be kidnapped just because you want to catch a bus fast. This is one thing I usually do and it has become a part of me. So when I get into a bus the first thing I do is take assessment of my co-passengers and where I feel uncomfortable, I drop quickly. I'd rather walk if need be. *PUT STUFFS IN NYLON BAGS OR PAPER BAGS: You see,these criminals are always thinking. They are always on the look out for people who carry juicy packages and so using a nylon or paper bag might confuse them to think you are not carrying anything expensive.
I hope these few tips help in keeping us and our family safe. Please share with your family members and stay safe! Cc:lalasticlala.

(1) (Reply)

Zoo Attendant Try To Impress Tourists As Lion Attack Him / Over 21 People Died At New Generation Church While Struggling For Food / Catholic Church Attack In Owo Is A Declaration Of War On Yoruba People-akintoye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.