Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,015 members, 7,960,240 topics. Date: Friday, 27 September 2024 at 03:37 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (391) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5591006 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) ... (2357) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Brite02(m): 11:17pm On Jul 21, 2013
Kingjames:

Bros whats ur rx model pls?

Are u an active suscriber? as in are u using mytv card?

I hv a bad feeling that this upgrade might disable the patch function, can u pls confirm if u can still pop out the window where u input Biss key.

Finally was the infinity/consat issue sorted; can u now view those channels?

Awaiting ur response
tx.

Bro... The user Setoop above me have said it all, there isn't no better explanation than what he has just stated.

As for if am using mytv card... Since I started doing FTA I have never used/subscribe with MYTV.

Secondly, whether it will disable patch after upgrade. Well that I don't know because I have never used/ or using a patch. So I guess for does who uses patch for biss key stuff this question is open for you.....

Receiver---- strong4669XII

As for the infinity stuff, I will give it a try to find out if there is any changes at all...
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Brite02(m): 11:24pm On Jul 21, 2013
FreeTVguru:

Mine has also improved just like yours, its not an upgrade ting coz am using srt4930 and without any upgrade it has just gone up like that

Thanks bro....NOTED

Try do some tweaking on your lnb, please which other free channels are you talking about? Are you tracking with this frequency 10803 h 30000? Then you blindscan
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Boadu: 11:25pm On Jul 21, 2013
Excellent delivery! Many thanks for adding to what Prof Olenyi had earlier indicated. Pls Setoop is this applicable to all strong decoders? Pls help me because both my srt4669XII and srt 4330 badly need upgrade.
Setoop: For those ask for how their box can be upgraded through OTA ,pls note that if you don't have any dish facing my tv direction (68.5 E) . It will not be possible , so you have to take your to anybody around you that has mytv among his setup . For those that has mytv as part of their setup , just blindscan your decoder , at end of it you will see new software on your screen , then off your box and on it again , your decoder will sure be upgraded . Also it not the upgrading that increase signal quality on daarsat . Daarsat is currently upgrading their satellite to improve their service
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Brite02(m): 11:39pm On Jul 21, 2013
Boadu: Excellent delivery! Many thanks for adding to what Prof Olenyi had earlier indicated. Pls Setoop is this applicable to all strong decoders? Pls help me because both my srt4669XII and srt 4330 badly need upgrade.

Yeah. 0TA mytv upgrade is applicable to all strong decoders. Just position your dish @MYtv position then follow up what 0LENYI said in his previous post. Maybe other FTA non-strong decoders maybe using a patch. I stand to be corrected if am wrong. Wait a minute is your srt4330 an mpeg4 decoder?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Boadu: 11:57pm On Jul 21, 2013
Yes it is.
Brite02:

Yeah. 0TA mytv upgrade is applicable to all strong decoders. Just position your dish @MYtv position then follow up what 0LENYI said in his previous post. Maybe other FTA non-strong decoders maybe using a patch. I stand to be corrected if am wrong. Wait a minute is your srt4330 an mpeg4 decoder?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Boadu: 11:59pm On Jul 21, 2013
Most grateful for your time. Yes my decoder is mpeg4..
Brite02:

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 2:24am On Jul 22, 2013
upright2010: Sorry 4 being late my oga Olenyi i didn't come online yesterday but kindly accept my belated birthday wishers. May God restore all ur lost, hidden and snatched glory in Jesus Name

Amen to dat @upright2010. Am grateful for the nice wishes. Was heart warming. Kindly accept my warm regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 2:38am On Jul 22, 2013
Brite02:

Secondly, whether it will disable patch after upgrade. Well that I don't know because I have never used/ or using a patch. So I guess for does who uses patch for biss key stuff this question is open for you.....

Receiver---- strong4669XII

U could easily find this out by pressing menu, installation. Is their an ''options'' submenu at the bottom of the list of menus under installation? If no, exit menu and press 6969 twice. Does it show ''patch off, patch on''? Go back to menu, installation. Is the options submenu now dia?

Also while on any channel, try pressing 8280. Does it bring out the biss input interface.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by FreeTVguru(m): 5:08am On Jul 22, 2013
Brite02:

Thanks bro....NOTED

Try do some tweaking on your lnb, please which other free channels are you talking about? Are you tracking with this frequency 10803 h 30000? Then you blindscan

KZN and Bay TV from amos5 @17E
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kyleege(m): 5:47am On Jul 22, 2013
i24 news english on ses 5 @5'e tp 11823v27500

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Fred4life(m): 6:31am On Jul 22, 2013
Fred4life: @ olenyi is avata doungle stil workn if yes how muCH IS IT.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Rextab(m): 7:04am On Jul 22, 2013
FreeTVguru: Guys I tracked w3c and got a 92% signal quality on scrambled french Channels the likes of Canal + etc but surprisingly the frequencies of those free channels are not hitting green, got 203 channels with only france24, kzn and bay tv showing,what should I do to hit green this frequency 10804? Am using srt4930. Location: southern africa

tweak your Lnb
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kibukila(m): 7:13am On Jul 22, 2013
Those on Eutelsat w4@36E can you confirm that more channels added on the TING package including Press TV.I am not on this bird now.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Fred4life(m): 8:43am On Jul 22, 2013
PLS GUYS HOW MUCH FOR AZSKY G1+ AND ÌS IT STILL WORKING.....PLS ASSIT ME O.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 8:50am On Jul 22, 2013
Fred4life: @ olenyi is avata doungle stil workn if yes how muCH IS IT

[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1211977_willy-wonka-wilder_jpg685e731a60e55e8020a88c489eb8eecd[/img]

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Fred4life(m): 9:53am On Jul 22, 2013
u dnt want to help me or wat.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by hon1977: 10:34am On Jul 22, 2013
FreeTVguru: Guys I tracked w3c and got a 92% signal quality on scrambled french Channels the likes of Canal + etc but surprisingly the frequencies of those free channels are not hitting green, got 203 channels with only france24, kzn and bay tv showing,what should I do to hit green this frequency 10804? Am using srt4930. Location: southern africa
In southern Africa where caz if u are in SA and Zimbabwe and some parts of Zambia its very difficult to hit green on those 2 tps which beams fta channels caz the footprint covers central africa from Madagascar to West Africa slicing the north of Zim,Central Zambia and Malawi.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by freshp(m): 10:39am On Jul 22, 2013
Fred4life: PLS GUYS HOW MUCH FOR AZSKY G1+ AND ÌS IT STILL WORKING.....PLS ASSIT ME O.

how many times have you been told that such issues are not to be discussed here....its that simple but fyi its not working for now...maybe never. grin grin grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ebenz4(m): 11:42am On Jul 22, 2013
Plz help me out oo.. Is it true dat 4669xii box can nw watch infinity nd consat.. ℓ̊ mean welther d signal is stable
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by FreeTVguru(m): 3:50pm On Jul 22, 2013
hon1977:

In southern Africa where caz if u are in SA and Zimbabwe and some parts of Zambia its very difficult to hit green on those 2 tps which beams fta channels caz the footprint covers central africa from Madagascar to West Africa slicing the north of Zim,Central Zambia and Malawi.

Am in Malawi, southern part
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lunsat(m): 3:57pm On Jul 22, 2013
FreeTVguru:

Am in Malawi, southern part

I am in Lusaka and that TP is green, loud and clear.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Boadu: 5:05pm On Jul 22, 2013
Still counting on you sir.
SULIEMAN3: i can't say sha but i am still looking forward to getting one from a friend.
@olenyi, to know how less common the reciever is, the person i contacted to get one from don't even know that there is a such model.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Brite02(m): 6:15pm On Jul 22, 2013
@all...

It is said by MYTV that one can read newspaper via their receiver especially if you have gotten the latest software upgrade on your receiver or you have the latest strong receiver like srt4922 etc... I was testing the possibility, mine was downloading until PHCN took light....

Below is snapshot of it, when there is light I will conclude this possibility

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Kingjames(m): 6:52pm On Jul 22, 2013
Brite02:

Bro... The user Setoop above me have said it all, there isn't no better explanation than what he has just stated.

Hello brite,
Am not trying to find out how to upgrade my stb OTA, hence with due respect to Setoop's explanation, it has no relevance to my enquiry.
I/we want to know like I highlighted how the upgrade has improved ur rx (eg fixing the infinity signal)
or the possible demerits (eg if it disabled the patch function)
however since you dont know, I call on those who did the OTA upgrade to relay the impacts to the forum.
Tx.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Kingjames(m): 6:58pm On Jul 22, 2013
olenyi:

U could easily find this out by pressing menu, installation. Is their an ''options'' submenu at the bottom of the list of menus under installation? If no, exit menu and press 6969 twice. Does it show ''patch off, patch on''? Go back to menu, installation. Is the options submenu now dia?

Also while on any channel, try pressing 8280. Does it bring out the biss input interface.

Regards.

tx bros.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Kingjames(m): 7:13pm On Jul 22, 2013
ebenz4: Plz help me out oo.. Is it true dat 4669xii box can nw watch infinity nd consat.. ℓ̊ mean welther d signal is stable

Someone said so here and thats what we are trying to find out.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SULIEMAN3(m): 8:57pm On Jul 22, 2013
Boadu: Still counting on you sir.
oga, i'm sory nothing has been recieved from him and i don't think he will be to get me any as he was telling me this evening that he has not come accros anyone to download.
Infact, i cannot tell u the rx is a trouble one.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by wasman01(m): 9:00pm On Jul 22, 2013
@ all gurus in d house i hail oooO. i nail ab7 wit my 1m dish and amos 5 with another 1m dish. my main problem is after 5hrs of tracking i c dat all jsc+ i got on ab7 are scramble & optima, mega sport, setanta & some channels on w3c are also scramble. plz how can i unscramble, i will be very gratful 4 fast reply
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by wasman01(m): 9:01pm On Jul 22, 2013
Kingjames:

Someone said so here and thats what we are trying to find out.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Boadu: 9:16pm On Jul 22, 2013
All those channels are subscription based, as Prof Olenyi will put it!!! Unless you buy their card or pay their monthly subscription.
wasman01: @ all gurus in d house i hail oooO. i nail ab7 wit my 1m dish and amos 5 with another 1m dish. my main problem is after 5hrs of tracking i c dat all jsc+ i got on ab7 are scramble & optima, mega sport, setanta & some channels on w3c are also scramble. plz how can i unscramble, i will be very gratful 4 fast reply
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Boadu: 9:26pm On Jul 22, 2013
Most grateful for your time sir.
SULIEMAN3: oga, i'm sory nothing has been recieved from him and i don't think he will be to get me any as he was telling me this evening that he has not come accros anyone to download.
Infact, i cannot tell u the rx is a trouble one.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 9:37pm On Jul 22, 2013
@olenyi,

Happy birthday to you from the house. In this short space of time, you have done so much to lift the standard of FTA through incisive research and well thought out responses to newbie enquiries. While the rest of the pack take a back seat, cluttered by ever present, less noble issues of everyday living, you still manage to eek out time to assuage the yearnings of many would-be FTA hobbysts.

Keep the fire burning, brother. Keep the flag flying. VIVA FTA!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) ... (2357) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.