Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,017 members, 7,960,240 topics. Date: Friday, 27 September 2024 at 03:39 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (393) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5591009 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) ... (2357) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by akinsola118: 8:38pm On Jul 23, 2013
plzzz guys , how many free channels and d tp will i pick wit my hitv mpeg2 decoder.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by upright2010: 9:56pm On Jul 23, 2013
upright2010: @all, kindly help me 1. if sirus4, w3a, new dawn and 7w are trackable with mpeg 2rx and if so with what tps? 2. Which of strong rx is better in term of futuristic advantage, 4940, 4975, 4922a ... Thanks
kindly do justice to dis my issue cos i've been trying to nail sirus 4 and 7e using rx ..53 but to no avail. Cheers.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by greymwasonko: 11:59pm On Jul 23, 2013
get my advice sir, just truck ses 5 12017 H 29950
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 7:17am On Jul 24, 2013
the secret behind sw update of ur rx is knowing what u want and not about the latest sw update. For srt 4922 series users,sw 124p remains d best. Better than sw 126p and OTA released sw 128p. Only good observant users would take note of d difference in terms of signal strength and menu capabilities.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Boadu: 7:32am On Jul 24, 2013
Yesterday,I upgraded my srt4669XII with the latest software from crosat.us yet it can't open infinity channels. I wonder!!!
ayolacz: the secret behind sw update of ur rx is knowing what u want and not about the latest sw update. For srt 4922 series users,sw 124p remains d best. Better than sw 126p and OTA released sw 128p. Only good observant users would take note of d difference in terms of signal strength and menu capabilities.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jossyboy2580(m): 8:19am On Jul 24, 2013
Gud morning all, 2 days ago i nailed astra 2f with 12522v19531 and i got 75 to 76 % signal quality but a friend f mine has sumtin around 80 or so. I used my second dish to huk up ew4 dstv position and got (mbc2,cnn,atn,tbc,zee cenema,aljazera etc) they were aving dolar sign and stil showin while others like dubai sports nd co without dolar were givin no audio/video. My signal quality is around 75% also. Am using dis dish dat has space writen on it am thinkn it wil be 65%, pls how cn i manage dem cus i ve 1 lnb left wit me. Thanks in advance
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 9:42am On Jul 24, 2013
Jossyboy2580: Gud morning all, 2 days ago i nailed astra 2f with 12522v19531 and i got 75 to 76 % signal quality but a friend f mine has sumtin around 80 or so. I used my second dish to huk up ew4 dstv position and got (mbc2,cnn,atn,tbc,zee cenema,aljazera etc) they were aving dolar sign and stil showin while others like dubai sports nd co without dolar were givin no audio/video. My signal quality is around 75% also. Am using dis dish dat has space writen on it am thinkn it wil be 65%, pls how cn i manage dem cus i ve 1 lnb left wit me. Thanks in advance

@jossyboy2580, Dia's nothing to manage dia. All ur setup are in order. So go ahead and enjoy it as it is.

As for ur spare lnb, dis is what we do, put it under the Dstv lnb and use it to track joy tv (12522 v 19531) and find a way to tie it dia. Then use the other dish dat is focused on joy tv to track Amos (11881 v 27500). Just stand at the back of the dish and raise it up a bit and to ur right a little. When u hit green, try and bring up the signal as much as possible by fiddling the lnb and the dish. Then while still dia, check to make sure dat 11024 H 03333 is also green and at about 55 - 60%. It shouldn't be high. Den blindscan.

The below picture will guide u on how to affix the spare lnb for joy tv on the Dstv dish.

Regards.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 9:49am On Jul 24, 2013
akinsola118: plzzz guys , how many free channels and d tp will i pick wit my hitv mpeg2 decoder.

How many dishes do u have? If u can, click on my profile and check my back posts. I think Dia's a place I detailed very clearly how to track with HITV receiver. But just so u know, if u're a newbie, its going to be quite difficult for u as its turner is not that sensitive. But if u can, try and read that my post and lets take it from their.

My warm regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 9:55am On Jul 24, 2013
smiley
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 9:56am On Jul 24, 2013
upright2010: @all, kindly help me 1. if sirus4, w3a, new dawn and 7w are trackable with mpeg 2rx and if so with what tps?

They are trackable with mpeg2 rx
Sirius4 12017 v 29950
W3a 11192 v 03210 / 12728 v 30000

http://www.flysat.com/satlist.php

2. Which of strong rx is better in term of futuristic advantage, 4940, 4975, 4922a ... Thanks

Get 4922A
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by upright2010: 10:36am On Jul 24, 2013
olenyi:

They are trackable with mpeg2 rx
Sirius4 12017 v 29950
W3a 11192 v 03210 / 12728 v 30000

http://www.flysat.com/satlist.php

Get 4922A
thanks a lot 4 alws being there for me. But are the mbc there mpeg 2 or 4. Cos i'v ever tracked it with mpeg4 using 65cm dish but all d channels there weren't showing so i tot i was on a wrong sat. Kindly guide me more on this. Regards
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SULIEMAN3(m): 11:07am On Jul 24, 2013
More than 42 hrs since yesterday, i was not able to post and qoute in this forum untill now.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SULIEMAN3(m): 11:10am On Jul 24, 2013
upright2010: thanks a lot 4 alws being there for me. But are the mbc there mpeg 2 or 4. Cos i'v ever tracked it with mpeg4 using 65cm dish but all d channels there weren't showing so i tot i was on a wrong sat. Kindly guide me more on this. Regards
yes, mbc on w3a transmits on mpeg2.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 11:37am On Jul 24, 2013
upright2010: thanks a lot 4 alws being there for me. But are the mbc there mpeg 2 or 4. Cos i'v ever tracked it with mpeg4 using 65cm dish but all d channels there weren't showing so i tot i was on a wrong sat. Kindly guide me more on this. Regards

U can't get them with 60cm. 90cm up.
And by the way, did u even bother to check up the link I gave u. Apart from me telling u, the link should have also told u its mpeg2.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jossyboy2580(m): 1:01pm On Jul 24, 2013
olenyi:

@jossyboy2580, Dia's nothing to manage dia. All ur setup are in order. So go ahead and enjoy it as it is.

As for ur spare lnb, dis is what we do, put it under the Dstv lnb and use it to track joy tv (12522 v 19531) and find a way to tie it dia. Then use the other dish dat is focused on joy tv to track Amos (11881 v 27500). Just stand at the back of the dish and raise it up a bit and to ur right a little. When u hit green, try and bring up the signal as much as possible by fiddling the lnb and the dish. Then while still dia, check to make sure dat 11024 H 03333 is also green and at about 55 - 60%. It shouldn't be high. Den blindscan.

The below picture will guide u on how to affix the spare lnb for joy tv on the Dstv dish.

Regards.
thank u very much my bros i appreciate ur help. Am thinking if i could hit sirius 4 wit anoda lnb on d amos sat, i can use up d whole lnb input n my diseqc.. But bros i dnt knw how to thank u o, and to every1 n dis forum nice work here..
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jossyboy2580(m): 1:02pm On Jul 24, 2013
olenyi:

Regards.
thank u very much my bros i appreciate ur help. Am thinking if i could hit sirius 4 wit anoda lnb on d amos sat, i can use up d whole lnb input n my diseqc.. But bros i dnt knw how to thank u o, and to every1 n dis forum nice work here..
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by upright2010: 1:17pm On Jul 24, 2013
olenyi:

U can't get them with 60cm. 90cm up.
And by the way, did u even bother to check up the link I gave u. Apart from me telling u, the link should have also told u its mpeg2.

Regards.
thanks @Suleman n Olenyi. I had already posted b4 checking d link. More blessings.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 2:22pm On Jul 24, 2013
Jossyboy2580:

If u want more, u could get an 8 in 1 Diseqc switch at around #2000. But go on and try out the suggestions I gave u.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 2:32pm On Jul 24, 2013
upright2010: thanks @Suleman n Olenyi. I had already posted b4 checking d link. More blessings.

We are not here to play u know. We mean business. So every answer/solution anyone gives u here is well thought out. Its not when one takes their time to direct u, u go about asking some more questions without first checking out the answer given to u. So what's the essence of one profering an answer/solution to u when u will ignore it. The person could as well ignore u and face other more serious people.

Pls be guided and lets avoid a re-occurrence.

My regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 2:35pm On Jul 24, 2013
@Remmyjex, I see u. cheesy

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jossyboy2580(m): 3:25pm On Jul 24, 2013
olenyi:

If u want more, u could get an 8 in 1 Diseqc switch at around #2000. But go on and try out the suggestions I gave u.

Regards.
ok bro i'l try it on saturday. Thanks. Wat is d lnb skew my joytv is at 1 o clock and my dstv at 7 o clock, wat is d actual skew incldin d amos, pls dnt be angry dat am over bothering you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by upright2010: 4:28pm On Jul 24, 2013
olenyi:

We are not here to play u know. We mean business. So every answer/solution anyone gives u here is well thought out. Its not when one takes their time to direct u, u go about asking some more questions without first checking out the answer given to u. So what's the essence of one profering an answer/solution to u when u will ignore it. The person could as well ignore u and face other more serious people.

Pls be guided and lets avoid a re-occurrence.

My regards.
i'm very sorry my oga. Pls don't be annoyed and i promise it wont happen again. U ar alws be my mentor so pardon me . Thanks 4 ur tiredless efforts.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Boadu: 4:48pm On Jul 24, 2013
Hello Gurus, pls I want you to recommend a quality diseqc for me. I've bought three different types of Diseqc, but they all reduce signal quality. Sometimes, the signals go red completely. Pls help me out.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Remmyjex(m): 4:50pm On Jul 24, 2013
olenyi: @Remmyjex, I see u. cheesy

Regards.
Am hapy to associat wt U my dear,hp 2 learn more frm u.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 5:21pm On Jul 24, 2013
odilibe: My 2.4mtr pan antenna now disabled..very strange! Inverto black ultra quad offset lnbf with cut feed-horn beats inverto red classic c120 quad and inverto black pro twin c120 lnb on my 3mtr locally made dish pointing to nilesat 7west in Enugu...while the red classic quad lnb slightly better than the black pro twin c120 lnb on my 2.4mtr dish..

Finally tested amiko alien 2 ..in nigeria with android phone hotspot open wifi all web application ยค iptv, webtv, web portal; filmon tv etc working very well in nigeria..though needs high speed internet that is all for now

Cheers

@odilibe,
Congrats for finally putting boots on FTA ground. At least this dispels all previous misconceptions about your being just a 'cut and paste' guru as someone wrongly accused some time ago. grin

Ok, now seriously, it looks like your findings seem to corroborate our earlier reports on the inverto red classic being the best among the pack. As for the Amiko needing a high speed connection, that is hardly surprising given the data intensive nature of satellite broadcasts.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 6:43pm On Jul 24, 2013
George_D:

@odilibe,
At least this dispels all previous misconceptions about your being just a 'cut and paste' guru as someone wrongly accused some time ago. grin

Don't mind him. Forgetting that @odilibe, because of his location, can't really help it, because if he should post his own exploits, it wouldn't tally with what we have here.

@odilibe, carry go brother. We appreciate the one's u can input.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 6:45pm On Jul 24, 2013
Boadu: Hello Gurus, pls I want you to recommend a quality diseqc for me. I've bought three different types of Diseqc, but they all reduce signal quality. Sometimes, the signals go red completely. Pls help me out.

Why not change ur dealer, and also try out strong or supermax product. And also, are u sure ur set ur Diseqc port numbers correctly in ur receiver?

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 6:47pm On Jul 24, 2013
Jossyboy2580:
ok bro i'l try it on saturday. Thanks. Wat is d lnb skew my joytv is at 1 o clock and my dstv at 7 o clock, wat is d actual skew incldin d amos, pls dnt be angry dat am over bothering you

Leave ur joy tv skew as it is and try it. U can den adjust as necessary.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 6:48pm On Jul 24, 2013
upright2010: i'm very sorry my oga. Pls don't be annoyed and i promise it wont happen again. U ar alws be my mentor so pardon me . Thanks 4 ur tiredless efforts.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 6:49pm On Jul 24, 2013
Remmyjex: Am hapy to associat wt U my dear,hp 2 learn more frm u.

wink
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 6:57pm On Jul 24, 2013
SULIEMAN3: More than 42 hrs since yesterday, i was not able to post and qoute in this forum untill now.

Guy wetin happen. Who come ban u, Pyguru? cheesy

Remember that my post about even our Oga at the top gets banned sometimes/his posts hidden? This was exactly why I posted that screenshot. So grin and bear it when it happens.

Or better still like I use to do, open an alternate account with ''SULIEMAN2'' so dat when dat one goes down, u continue with the alternate account until u finish serving ur sentence. grin

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Boadu: 7:05pm On Jul 24, 2013
Most grateful sir. Your advice is well taken.
olenyi:

Why not change ur dealer, and also try out strong or supermax product. And also, are u sure ur set ur Diseqc port numbers correctly in ur receiver?

Regards.

(1) (2) (3) ... (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) ... (2357) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.