Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,948 members, 7,963,024 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 12:17 AM

Opinion: Pundit Recommend Regional Government In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: Pundit Recommend Regional Government In Nigeria (552 Views)

Reps Disown Trending Draft Bill Seeking Return To Regional Government / Who Will You Pick To Lead Your Region If Regional Government Is Reintroduced? / A New Bill For Regional Government Being Considered By National Assembly? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: Pundit Recommend Regional Government In Nigeria by FirstMediaNaija(m): 8:34pm On Jun 09, 2022
Opinion: Pundit recommend regional government in Nigeria

Re: Opinion: Pundit Recommend Regional Government In Nigeria by gasparpisciotta: 8:37pm On Jun 09, 2022
Regional government is the best, let the 6 geo-politico regions compete for development
Re: Opinion: Pundit Recommend Regional Government In Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 8:38pm On Jun 09, 2022
Regional government is gone for good, the closest you can get is regional party, regional government is unstable, does not favour minority and keeps excessive power at the regions which were easily abused not to talk of the promulgation of anti other laws, regional government was a sham, I'm glad it is now part of our history.
Re: Opinion: Pundit Recommend Regional Government In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jun 09, 2022
WHY STOP AT REGION? WHY NOT JUST BREAK IT UP?

SAY NO TO UNITY BEGGING

ON YORUBA NATION WE STAND

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Pundit Recommend Regional Government In Nigeria by gasparpisciotta: 8:41pm On Jun 09, 2022
AlexBells:
Regional government is gone for good, the closest you can get is regional party, regional government is unstable, does not favour minority and keeps excessive power at the regions which were easily abused not to talk of the promulgation of anti other laws, regional government was a sham, I'm glad it is now part of our history.

Oga,
Regional government is closer to the people.
Power is too concentrated in Abuja

Regional parties will be biased once at the center that is what we practice presently

But a regional government if well run, will bring more developments to the states
Re: Opinion: Pundit Recommend Regional Government In Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 8:45pm On Jun 09, 2022
gasparpisciotta:

Oga,
Regional governments are closer to the people.
Power is too concentrated in Abuja
It lie, you mean to tell me that regional Kaduna is closer to Igala than Lokoja is to Igala.

The current system is closer to the people what you can agitate for is state autonomy.

Which particular power is concentrated in Abuja, so which power do you want in the regions, regional police?, No Nigeria is not ripe for that also the Military is unitary, then the single service system, Nigeria is okay this way, get used to it or get your passport.
Re: Opinion: Pundit Recommend Regional Government In Nigeria by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 8:54pm On Jun 09, 2022
Don't insult igbos...

OYE is watching

You can argue without insults..

Re: Opinion: Pundit Recommend Regional Government In Nigeria by gasparpisciotta: 8:55pm On Jun 09, 2022
AlexBells:

It lie, you mean to tell me that regional Kaduna is closer to Igala than Lokoja is to Igala.

The current system is closer to the people what you can agitate for is state autonomy.

Which particular power is concentrated in Abuja, so which power do you want in the regions, regional police?, No Nigeria is not rope for that also the Military is unitary, then the single service system, Nigeria is okay this way, get used to it or get your passport.

Sorry bro

Re: Opinion: Pundit Recommend Regional Government In Nigeria by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 8:56pm On Jun 09, 2022
jerseyboy:
WHY STOP AT REGION? WHY NOT JUST BREAK IT UP?

SAY NO TO UNITY BEGGING

ON YORUBA NATION WE STAND

For this alone,I don like you be that..

Jeun lo....your head is there..

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Pundit Recommend Regional Government In Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 8:59pm On Jun 09, 2022
gasparpisciotta:

Sorry bro
Bye to regional government lol. You never see anything so that Una go have regional police to intimidate others in your region I laugh
Re: Opinion: Pundit Recommend Regional Government In Nigeria by PussyMiners: 9:09pm On Jun 09, 2022
AlexBells:

Which particular power is concentrated in Abuja, so which power do you want in the regions, regional police?, No Nigeria is not ripe for that also the Military is unitary, then the single service system, Nigeria is okay this way, get used to it or get your passport.
Typical Ibo man.
They can't stay alone reason they abolished regional government . Smh
Re: Opinion: Pundit Recommend Regional Government In Nigeria by PussyMiners: 9:10pm On Jun 09, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:
Don't insult igbos...

OYE is watching

You can argue without insults..
Osu pig from AfghanEASTERN
Re: Opinion: Pundit Recommend Regional Government In Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 9:13pm On Jun 09, 2022
PussyMiners:

Typical Ibo man.
They can't stay alone reason they abolished regional government . Smh
Lol, it is gone for good, get used to it or get yourself a passport, nonsense, if you want to stay in Nigeria you stay, if you don't want to stay, then make case for the exit of yourself and if your people support you, they can go with you,

There would be no regional government, get used to current system, it is more all encompassing and I don't owe you explanation for that, if you don't like it, leave or do the unthinkable.
Re: Opinion: Pundit Recommend Regional Government In Nigeria by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 10:33pm On Jun 09, 2022
PussyMiners:

Osu pig from AfghanEASTERN

2days old accant...

Irrelevant piece of trash

Re: Opinion: Pundit Recommend Regional Government In Nigeria by gasparpisciotta: 7:59am On Jun 10, 2022
AlexBells:

Imagine a situation where:
BAT governs Southwest,
Peter Obi governs southeast,
Atiku Governs Northeast,
Kwankwaso for Northwest,
Wike for Southsouth and
Simon Lalong governs North Central.

Wouldn’t that be a good idea?
Re: Opinion: Pundit Recommend Regional Government In Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 8:08am On Jun 10, 2022
gasparpisciotta:

Imagine a situation where:
BAT governs Southwest,
Peter Obi governs southeast,
Atiku Governs Northeast,
Kwankwaso for Northwest,
Wike for Southsouth and
Simon Lalong governs North Central.

Wouldn’t that be a good idea?

It a terrible idea, south East is unacceptable, you could rather say, imagine a situation where Peter Obi governs Igboland, I care very less whatever means other region should be governed but AlaIgbo is not South East so all of AlaIgbo in one region first and you maybe taken a little serious however no one stopped you from setting up your own regional government so far you are not seeking handout from the center.

As far as the Nigerian unitary government is not dismantled and is supreme, you can go ahead and create any form of regional government you want provided the federal constitution is supreme. You can argue for resources control for state like I said, but changing the current structure is a recipe for chaos.
Re: Opinion: Pundit Recommend Regional Government In Nigeria by PussyMiners: 9:01am On Jun 10, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:

2days old accant...

Irrelevant piece of trash
Osu alusi grin grin

(1) (Reply)

The Long Awaited Nigerian Political Revolution Has Begun / Kogi Deputy Speaker, Three Others Impeached / Investigate The N250m/N255m Cash That Was Found On Peter Obi-Seun Osewa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.