Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,063 members, 7,960,384 topics. Date: Friday, 27 September 2024 at 07:05 PM

Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here - Travel (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here (189095 Views)

Dv Lottery 2013/2014 / Dv Lottery! How Do I Fill These? / 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (92) (Go Down)

Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by brightmon: 7:48pm On Sep 20, 2012
cheriphyom:

But the guy no collect our passport ooo. My marriage is a year and 2months. So many pple were denied today. I saw a couple with kid denied. My wife question.

CO- what are u doin in Nigeria?
Wife- I am a student.
CO- which sch
Wife-mmmmmm
Co- what is discipline?
Wife-mmmmmm
Co- tell me ur course code dis semester.
Wife- bla bla
Co-ok ok ok ok ok ok

Co-when did u finsh secondary sch
Wife-mmm
Co-u had A in all ur subjects..tell me more on each
Wife---bla bla
Co--ok ok ok ok.
Yes, your passport is not collected cos you were ask to come back on monday and pls note Temmytanny's advice.
It seems you not Nigerian and might have been the reason.
Pls, do you have an idea why the couple with kid was denied or any of those that was denied?
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by nifty: 8:23pm On Sep 20, 2012
i am happy that as this fiscal year rounds up that atleast large number of us on this foeum has been succesful i can remember when i found this page on here it was like i found a treasure it was barely on its 5th page then look at it now it has grown buh nt been having much time to contribute since i moved to the usa wish everyone a safe journey here...................God bless America.......LOL.....GOD bless naija
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Kemzone2003: 7:25am On Sep 21, 2012
cheriphyom:

But the guy no collect our passport ooo. My marriage is a year and 2months. So many pple were denied today. I saw a couple with kid denied. My wife question.

CO- what are u doin in Nigeria?
Wife- I am a student.
CO- which sch
Wife-mmmmmm
Co- what is discipline?
Wife-mmmmmm
Co- tell me ur course code dis semester.
Wife- bla bla
Co-ok ok ok ok ok ok

Co-when did u finsh secondary sch
Wife-mmm
Co-u had A in all ur subjects..tell me more on each
Wife---bla bla
Co--ok ok ok ok.

IF YOUR MARRIAGE IS 14 MONTHS OLD..AS A WINNER OF 2012 DV WHOSE REGISTRATION WAS DONE OCT 2010(24 MONTHS AGO) AND RESULT RELEASED IN JUNE 2011(18MONTHS AGO) MEANING U GOT MARRIED AFTER THE RESULT OF THE DV WAS RELEASED.

THEY WILL NEED TO CHECK IF THE MARRIAGE IS GENUINE..SO DONT WORRY IF THERE IS NOTHING TO HIDE...ITS JUST A NORMAL PROCEDURE..BUT PRAY THEY CONCLUDE IT BEFORE 30TH SEPTEMBER 2012..SEE BELOW REFERENCE DOCUMENTS OF DEPARTMENT OF STATE USED FOR YOUR CASE.

(CT:VISA-1768; 10-31-2011)
Any applicant for a DV visa who fails to establish that they possess the requisite qualifications, including a valid entry for participation in the DV program, is ineligible under INA 212(a)(5)(A)(i) (8 U.S.C. 1182(a)(5)(A)(i)). It is not appropriate to refuse a DV applicant under INA 212(a)(5)(A)(i) (8 U.S.C. 1182(a)(5)(A)(i)) when a fraud investigation is needed before determining whether an applicant is qualified for a DV (e.g., if you suspect that the DV applicant does not possess the requisite education or work experience or if you suspect that the DV derivative applicant does not possess the requisite relationship to the DV principal applicant). In those cases, you must refuse the application under INA 221(g) pending the outcome of a fraud investigation.
9 FAM 42.33 N9.2 INA 221(g) Refusals
(CT:VISA-1090; 10-23-2008)
a. Interviewing officers should verbally impress on the applicants at the time of refusal, the importance of returning to the embassy quickly, preferably within the same month, with the necessary information to overcome the
U.S. Department of State Foreign Affairs Manual Volume 9 - Visas
9 FAM 42.33 Notes Page 10 of 11
refusal. Officers should advise applicants that failure to return within the month may mean that visa numbers will no longer be available for them and they may miss their opportunity to obtain a visa.
b. Posts should prepare a stamp to be stamped on the Form OF-194, The Foreign Service of the United States of America Refusal Worksheet, refusal letters of DV applicants refused under 221(g), with the following message:
ATTENTION: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES CAN A VISA BE ISSUED OR AN ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS OCCUR IN YOUR CASE AFTER SEPTEMBER 30, ____.
VERY IMPORTANT: BECAUSE OF THE LIMITED NUMBER OF VISAS THAT MAY BE ISSUED UNDER THIS PROGRAM, VISAS MAY CEASE TO BE AVAILABLE EVEN BEFORE THIS DATE. THIS IS ESPECIALLY TRUE THE CLOSER TO SEPTEMBER 30 AN APPLICATION OR RE-APPLICATION IS MADE.
c. Cases that are in 221(g) refusal status at the end of the fiscal year may be left in that status. You do not need to enter an additional refusal (such as (5)(A)(i)) to close the case.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by fregur: 8:13am On Sep 21, 2012
Hello house,pls I need advice on flight booking things.Thanks.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Kemzone2003: 8:23am On Sep 21, 2012
fregur: Hello house,pls I need advice on flight booking things.Thanks.

Check out this site or give them a call..you might get a good deal

http://www.wakanow.com/ng/
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by mogzy(m): 8:50am On Sep 21, 2012
@Cheriphom, Congrats in advance. just try and be consistent with your wife. the scrutiny might continue on monday referring to your last interview.
wish you the best.

@temmytanny, @nifty, how are you guys, hope US is doing you good? like to know the possibility of getting the green card and SSN within one month.
my plan is to travel on a one month time-off from my office, get those stuff, seek for placement at the home office in the US and then come back to process my transfer/resignation.

need contributions forumites over there
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Kemzone2003: 9:10am On Sep 21, 2012
mogzy: @Cheriphom, Congrats in advance. just try and be consistent with your wife. the scrutiny might continue on monday referring to your last interview.
wish you the best.

@temmytanny, @nifty, how are you guys, hope US is doing you good? like to know the possibility of getting the green card and SSN within one month.
my plan is to travel on a one month time-off from my office, get those stuff, seek for placement at the home office in the US and then come back to process my transfer/resignation.

ONCE YOU GET YOUR GREEN CARD YOU ARE FREE TO TRAVEL BACK TO NIGERIA BUT YOUR STAY IN NAIJA SHOULD BE BRIEF SAY BTW 3-6MONTHS IS STILL ACCEPTABLE WITH VALID REASON.

Below are guidelines from USCIS

Does travel outside the United States affect my permanent resident status?
Permanent residents are free to travel outside the United States, and temporary or brief travel usually does not affect your permanent resident status. If it is determined, however, that you did not intend to make the United States your permanent home, you will be found to have abandoned your permanent resident status. A general guide used is whether you have been absent from the United States for more than a year. Abandonment may be found to occur in trips of less than a year where it is believed you did not intend to make the United States your permanent residence. While brief trips abroad generally are not problematic, the officer may consider criteria such as whether your intention was to visit abroad only temporarily, whether you maintained U.S. family and community ties, maintained U.S employment, filed U.S. income taxes as a resident, or otherwise established your intention to return to the United States as your permanent home. Other factors that may be considered include whether you maintained a U.S. mailing address, kept U.S. bank accounts and a valid U.S. driver’s license, own property or run a business in the United States, or any other evidence that supports the temporary nature of your absence

What documents do I need to present to reenter the United States?
If seeking to enter the United States after temporary travel abroad, you will need to present a valid, unexpired “green card” (Form I-551, Permanent Resident Card). When arriving at a port of entry, a U.S. Customs and Border Protection Officer will review your permanent resident card and any other identity documents you present, such as a passport, foreign national I.D. card or U.S. Driver’s License, and determine if you can enter the United States.

FOR DETAILS....SEE LINK BELOW
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=0c353a4107083210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=0c353a4107083210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 9:17am On Sep 21, 2012
Hello House pls i want to knw d exact fee 4 medical,am a dv2013 winner.tanx
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Kemzone2003: 9:23am On Sep 21, 2012
jidedon2000@yah:
Hello House pls i want to knw d exact fee 4 medical,am a dv2013 winner.tanx
CHECK FOR YOUR RESPONSE ON 2013 DV
https://www.nairaland.com/927190/dv-2013-winners-meet-here/108
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Flobzy4real: 9:37am On Sep 21, 2012
Hello House,
This is my story,
I and my hubby went for interview in July due to the insufficient money we held, I was interview first but he left the hall.
This were the question:
Co: raise your hand...oaths
Me: I promise
Co: we just trying to check that you are qualified for the diversity visa.
me: ok
CO: What is your highest qualification
Me: BSC
CO: OH! That is from university of XXXXXX
Me: Yes
CO: What did u learn from ur professional training
ME: XXXXXX
CO: What course did you do in your bsc
CO: Which of them were your best subject
Co: What is the element of Balance sheet
Me: XXXXXX
Co: Did u write a project?
Co: On what
Me: XXXXX
Co: What r the challenges of Human Resource Accounting
Co: Where do u work
Co; What do the company do
Co: What do u do
Co: What Accounting Software do u use
Me: XXXXXXX
Co: Is that the best?
Co: Where is ur Hubby
Me: I told her we did not come in with enough money but some money are in the Car.
Co: Ok, When were we married
ME: XXXXXXX
Co: That is few month ago, When and where did you meet ur hubby
Co: What did he study
Co: Any pic before ur marriage
ME: Yes, Give her our NYSC and Convocation Pics
Co: How many siblings does ur hubby has
Co: Can u come back by 1pm with Ur Hubby
By 1pm With my hubby only
CO: Who is that lady sitting over there
Hubby: XXXXX
Co: When u met her where was she living
Co: How many Siblings do u have
Hubby: XXXX
Co: What did u study
Hubby: XXXXXX
CO Ask question in my hubby's field and he answer everything correctly
CO: Bring your wife passport then go to this address to collect your visa.
This is now the beginning of my experience. Two days later I was called to come for another Interview
and on the day to collect the visa I was called again to come for interview with different date.
I honored the earlier date but was told to come i the later date.
On the Day, They revealed to me that My hubby had a case with SFU Ikoyi which i did not know. The embassy wanted to be sure that I don't know about
it and they also doubted our marriage.
We were referred to SFU so that they can send their findings to the embassy. Later I was called by 10pm by an official from us embassy to speak with my Hubby. Hubby traveled to Ibadan for a family issue which i told him. He immediately called my hubby to confirm his whereabouts.
Then, This week, the embassy called us to come next week again which I don't know what they want or if it will be further interview.
or to collect our visa with is still with them.
Please advise.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by cheriphyom: 9:42am On Sep 21, 2012
Kemzone2003:

IF YOUR MARRIAGE IS 14 MONTHS OLD..AS A WINNER OF 2012 DV WHOSE REGISTRATION WAS DONE OCT 2010(24 MONTHS AGO) AND RESULT RELEASED IN JUNE 2011(18MONTHS AGO) MEANING U GOT MARRIED AFTER THE RESULT OF THE DV WAS RELEASED.

THEY WILL NEED TO CHECK IF THE MARRIAGE IS GENUINE..SO DONT WORRY IF THERE IS NOTHING TO HIDE...ITS JUST A NORMAL PROCEDURE..BUT PRAY THEY CONCLUDE IT BEFORE 30TH SEPTEMBER 2012..SEE BELOW REFERENCE DOCUMENTS OF DEPARTMENT OF STATE USED FOR YOUR CASE.

Any applicant for a DV visa who fails to establish that they possess the requisite qualifications, including a valid entry for participation in the DV program, is ineligible under INA 212(a)(5)(A)(i) (8 U.S.C. 1182(a)(5)(A)(i)). It is not appropriate to refuse a DV applicant under INA 212(a)(5)(A)(i) (8 U.S.C. 1182(a)(5)(A)(i)) when a fraud investigation is needed before determining whether an applicant is qualified for a DV (e.g., if you suspect that the DV applicant does not possess the requisite education or work experience or if you suspect that the DV derivative applicant does not possess the requisite relationship to the DV principal applicant). In those cases, you must refuse the application under INA 221(g) pending the outcome of a fraud investigation.
9 FAM 42.33 N9.2 INA 221(g) Refusals
(CT:VISA-1090; 10-23-2008)
a. Interviewing officers should verbally impress on the applicants at the time of refusal, the importance of returning to the embassy quickly, preferably within the same month, with the necessary information to overcome the
9 FAM 42.33 Notes Page 10 of 11
refusal. Officers should advise applicants that failure to return within the month may mean that visa numbers will no longer be available for them and they may miss their opportunity to obtain a visa.
b. Posts should prepare a stamp to be stamped on the Form OF-194, The Foreign Service of the United States of America Refusal Worksheet, refusal letters of DV applicants refused under 221(g), with the following message:
ATTENTION: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES CAN A VISA BE ISSUED OR AN ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS OCCUR IN YOUR CASE AFTER SEPTEMBER 30, ____.
VERY IMPORTANT: BECAUSE OF THE LIMITED NUMBER OF VISAS THAT MAY BE ISSUED UNDER THIS PROGRAM, VISAS MAY CEASE TO BE AVAILABLE EVEN BEFORE THIS DATE. THIS IS ESPECIALLY TRUE THE CLOSER TO SEPTEMBER 30 AN APPLICATION OR RE-APPLICATION IS MADE.
c. Cases that are in 221(g) refusal status at the end of the fiscal year may be left in that status. You do not need to enter an additional refusal (such as (5)(A)(i)) to close the case.

Thanks bro...I pray they conclude before 30th oo. Will keep u posted.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by cheriphyom: 9:49am On Sep 21, 2012
mogzy: @Cheriphom, Congrats in advance. just try and be consistent with your wife. the scrutiny might continue on monday referring to your last interview.
wish you the best.

Thanks oo mogzy..will keep u in touch...sir.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Kemzone2003: 10:09am On Sep 21, 2012
Flobzy4real: Hello House,
This is now the beginning of my experience. Two days later I was called to come for another Interview
and on the day to collect the visa I was called again to come for interview with different date.
On the Day, They revealed to me that My hubby had a case with SFU Ikoyi which i did not know. The embassy wanted to be sure that I don't know about
We were referred to SFU so that they can send their findings to the embassy. Later I was called by 10pm by an official from us embassy to speak with my Hubby. Hubby traveled to Ibadan for a family issue which i told him. He immediately called my hubby to confirm his whereabouts.
Then, This week, the embassy called us to come next week again which I don't know what they want or if it will be further interview.
Please advise.
MY PERSONAL OPINION PLS...IF YOU HUBBY CAME OUT CLEAN TO YOU ON THE POTENTIAL ISSUE THAT RAISED THE RED FLAG WITH SFU..DONT BE MAD WITH HIM EVERY COUPLE KEEP ONE SECRET OR THE OTHER FROM EACH OTHER.IF YOU BELIEVE HIM AND THINK AND IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SERIOUS CRIME....THEN YOU ARE GOOD TO GO.

THEY ARE CALLING YOU TO CONCLUDE YOUR CASE AND CLOSE IT OUT.REFER TO PROCEDURE BELOW FOR DETAILS AND THAT OF CHERIPHOM
9 FAM 42.33 PN6.3 Clearances
9 FAM 42.33 Procedural Notes Page 6 of 7
a. The KCC conducts Consular Lookout and Support System (CLASS) name checks on all applicants and submits Visas Eagle Security Advisory Opinion (SAOs) where required. For applicants determined to require a SAO other than a Visas Eagle, an electronic note is made in the case record. You must make the final determination as to whether an SAO is required.
b. Extracts of DV cases are electronically forwarded to National Visa Center (NVC), where an agent of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) processes national crime information center (NCIC) clearances. When a valid hit is identified on an applicant, an NCIC extract is printed and forwarded to KCC for inclusion in the case file. Posts must then take fingerprints, and forward them to the NVC so that the hit may be confirmed.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by dridowu: 10:51am On Sep 21, 2012
This is my story,
I and my hubby went for interview in July due to the insufficient money we held, I was interview first but he left the hall.
This were the question:
Me: I told her we did not come in with enough money but some money are in the Car.
Please advise.

short of word but ask for God favour. Ur visa will be issued b rest assured
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by ebykings(f): 11:16am On Sep 21, 2012
This is my story,
This were the question:
Please advise.

My dear enter into serious prayer for God's favour on dat last chance given. Dont be afraid the Lord who started it will perfect it. u are blessed.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Nobody: 1:01pm On Sep 21, 2012
This is my story,
This were the question:
Please advise.

Whao!
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 2:34pm On Sep 21, 2012
wish you the best.

some one in boston got his own within 8days. I guess location matthers but am sure u can get it within 3weeks if no issues
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 2:40pm On Sep 21, 2012
This is my story,
This were the question:
Please advise.

CIA intelligence playing out here. Remain firm and consistent. Stick to the truth. You will always have to remember a lie in order to defend it. The truth lives with you. God will see you through. FEAR NOT!!!
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Tiwanna(f): 7:58pm On Sep 21, 2012
This is my story,
This were the question:
Please advise.

god will help u my sister, just believe and have faith and the visa will be given to u. there is nothing impossible for God to handle.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by masterfarm: 9:01pm On Sep 21, 2012
This is my story,
This were the question:
Please advise.

they might have finished their investigation. If the case has been concluded then your visas will be issued. But above all, PRAYER IS THE KEY. You will Testify here soon. God be with u and always put ur trust in God.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Jumicke: 11:05pm On Sep 21, 2012
brightmon:
yes ohhh, congrate. Pls post it ohh, we waiting. Am so happy to hear this and i pray it will same good news we will be geting form DV2013 when it starts in few wks time.

Pls when is it going 2 start. I mean DV2013
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Tiwanna(f): 11:37pm On Sep 21, 2012
Jumicke:

Pls when is it going 2 start. I mean DV2013

2013 interview starts in oct, while registration for dv2014 starts on the 2nd of oct. dv2013 second batch results will be released in oct 1 or early part of oct.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by jacksyno(m): 8:38am On Sep 22, 2012
This is my story,
This were the question:
Please advise.

I don't see them denying you guys your visas if there's nothing to hide. The visa is yours- go collect it!
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Leripa(m): 1:33pm On Sep 22, 2012
temmytanny: some one in boston got his own within 8days. I guess location matthers but am sure u can get it within 3weeks if no issues
Brother mi, how far? gbogbo ile nko? my warmest regards to your family.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by imperiouxx(m): 2:47pm On Sep 22, 2012
Hi guys, if someone is studying in US and won the visa lottery, is it necessary the person go back Nigeria for interview?
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 2:54pm On Sep 22, 2012
Leripa:
Brother mi, how far? gbogbo ile nko? my warmest regards to your family.
fine bro
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by jacksyno(m): 3:32pm On Sep 22, 2012
imperiouxx: Hi guys, if someone is studying in US and won the visa lottery, is it necessary the person go back Nigeria for interview?
I don't think so.. Read their site very well there is a link for winners already in the US.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Nobody: 3:38pm On Sep 22, 2012
imperiouxx: Hi guys, if someone is studying in US and won the visa lottery, is it necessary the person go back Nigeria for interview?

AOS-Adjustment of Status, u can still CP-Consular processing.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by imperiouxx(m): 4:12pm On Sep 22, 2012
ferdiii:

AOS-Adjustment of Status, u can still CP-Consular processing.

Thanks but still not getting it. It's for a friend who is also studying in US. I will give the lottery shout out this year. I didn't enter for it last year because of my student visa preparation which pay off at last. I just want to be sure he won't be going back to Nigeria because of studying demand here.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by imperiouxx(m): 4:13pm On Sep 22, 2012
jack_syno:
I don't think so.. Read their site very well there is a link for winners already in the US.

Abeg this thread is long to start with, who can help with this link or the page number?
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Nobody: 4:45pm On Sep 22, 2012
imperiouxx:

Thanks but still not getting it. It's for a friend who is also studying in US. I will give the lottery shout out this year. I didn't enter for it last year because of my student visa preparation which pay off at last. I just want to be sure he won't be going back to Nigeria because of studying demand here.

I got it. Has he been selected for DV 2013? If yes,it's USCIS that does that if he prefers AOS. Check this link http://www.immihelp.com/green-card-lottery/green-card-free-lottery.html or go to this forum http://forums.immigration.com but remember he must deal with KCC & USCIS directly. The link and its contents should guide him.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by cheriphyom: 5:55pm On Sep 22, 2012
ferdiii:

I got it. Has he been selected for DV 2013? If yes,it's USCIS that does that if he prefers AOS. Check this link http://www.immihelp.com/green-card-lottery/green-card-free-lottery.html or go to this forum http://forums.immigration.com but remember he must deal with KCC & USCIS directly. The link and its contents should guide him.

Hello house, who does the interview during second interview. is it a black consular or white consular?

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (92)

Any Nairalander In Abidjan? / 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand / Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.