Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,615 members, 7,962,005 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 07:10 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5334) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1891729 Views)

EPL: Huddlesfield Town Vs Manchester City (full time) 1-2 / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5331) (5332) (5333) (5334) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblem2: 4:27pm
Hamas was leveraging on Hezbollah, Hezbollah was leveraging on their vast arsenal of rockets and Iran.All has failed woefully.

Ground invasion next for Lebanon
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 4:43pm
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Unlimited22: 4:46pm
nihilistjnr:

Stone Cold wasn't really a heel sha. He was more of an anti-hero. Obviously being younger than you I only caught the tail end of the WWF era that they use to show late nights on Channel 10 - so them Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior. Hart Brothers etc.

I really came into my own in the attitude era of the early 2000s, so the Rock and Stone Cold are my favourite ever faces, Triple H and Kurt Angle my most hated heels, and Eddie Guerrero my favourite wrestler of all time. E dey pain me die everytime he lost to Rey mysterio - We lie, We cheat, We steal was my motto back then.

RIP Eddie. Viva la raza
Kurt Angle?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 4:50pm
Unlimited22:

Kurt Angle?

Yeah Kurt Angle was the original Randy Orton
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GrammarNazi1(m): 4:54pm
nihilistjnr:

Randy Orton, the legend killer.

When I was younger and I didn't know about kayfabe, I hated the legend killer.

However, when I reminisce about the wresting memories, Randy Orton is indeed a legend of the game.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Unlimited22: 4:57pm
nihilistjnr:

Lol

I used to have someone with a subscription to the WWE network

I don't think I'll class Kurt Angle as a heel. He was a face for long periods and has allowed himself to be used in several comedy spots
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Unlimited22: 4:58pm
GrammarNazi1:

Randy Orton, the legend killer.

When I was younger and I didn't know about kayfabe, I hated the legend killer.

However, when I reminisce about the wresting memories, Randy Orton is indeed a legend of the game.
They all left. Hogan. Cena. Batista. Stone Cold. Rock.

Orton has been a full time performer for 20 years and counting.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 5:01pm
Unlimited22:

They all left. Hogan. Cena. Batista. Stone Cold. Rock.

Orton has been a full time performer for 20 years and counting.
Rick fair and boka T my favorites
Undertaker gives me nightmares with sting
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Unlimited22: 5:01pm
iamoyindamola:

Rick fair and boka T my favorites
Undertaker gives me nightmares with sting
Richard David Fliehr.

Sting, my man.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 5:07pm
Unlimited22:

Richard David Fliehr.

Sting, my man.
I use to criticize Rick because of his antics until my dad told me he’s a good fighter that was getting old
Truly he was good in his days, all these new ones turn wrestling to stunt and doesn’t look real again
I remember the day undertaker was beaten and thrown into the coffin
Or when Randy ortom back was filled with office pins
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 5:11pm
Unlimited22:

Lol

I used to have someone with a subscription to the WWE network

I don't think I'll class Kurt Angle as a heel. He was a face for long periods and has allowed himself to be used in several comedy spots

You're a lot younger than me so you might not know.

I was begging my dad to take us to Madison Square Garden in that era.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by WhoDeyHause: 5:13pm
Segedinho:
Happy birthday to me
Senior eye of the gods, happy birthday, long life and prosperity for you boss.
But why you and ebuka birthday come follow each other?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 5:14pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1aqX3nG1kw?si=_ik01Sgp6XO8XbVE

Unlimited22 remember I was talking about Summerslam 2002 in particular.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Unlimited22: 5:21pm
nihilistjnr:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1aqX3nG1kw?si=_ik01Sgp6XO8XbVE

Unlimited22 remember I was talking about Summerslam 2002 in particular.
My poiny wasn't that Kurt wasn't an effective heel. He was one of the quickest learners of the wrestling business to have ever lived.

My point was he was also a face for long periods and was unafraid to make himself the butt of the joke, and as such I don't know if I can classify him strictly as a heel.

Check out his feuds with Booker T and Shawn Michaels in 2005/6 and see proper heel work
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Unlimited22: 5:21pm
iamoyindamola:

I use to criticize Rick because of his antics until my dad told me he’s a good fighter that was getting old
Truly he was good in his days, all these new ones turn wrestling to stunt and doesn’t look real again
Lol

Wrestling has never been 'real'. Never.

Na nostalgia glasses you dey use talk.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by chrisooblog: 5:25pm
You mean Chris Benoit. A former WWE wrestler and neuroscientist theorized that Benoit most probably had a degenerative brain disease caused by concussions wrestling over the years.

The Bret Hart bit brought back memories. Still angry at McMahon the way he treated such and talented, loyal, and upstanding guy like the Hitman The Best There Was, The Best There Is, and The Best There Ever Will Be cool

raumdeuter:

I thoroughly enjoyed it and brought back memories of my youth.

At the end of it, I went to Wikipedia and was checking the wrestlers personal profiles. Found out Triple H married Vince McMahons daughter

I even spent time researching Undertaker one of the greats of the game how they started

I even spent some time watching some old wrestlemania even some old Royal rumble

I even watched how Bret Hitman Hart was supposed to throw the fight against Shawn Michael and he didn't want to but the referee counted him out, he went to beat up Vince McMahon, the sad parts like when Owen Hart jumped to his death on the ring and when Chris Jericho offed his entire family

What is called wrestling these days is a joke or say we don grow old pass the days

Undertaker has like 15 surgeries, same with Hulk Hogan, Stone Cold. The number of hits they get to their body and especially the head can't be healthy
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 5:29pm
cc:
Obainojazz

Sympathizers don reach Australia.
It's even funny because they're listed as a terror group in Australia. They're marching in different cities like Sydney and Melbourne waving flags belonging to prohibited 🚫group.

https://www.aap.com.au/news/protesters-wave-hezbollah-flags-at-australian-rally/

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 5:30pm
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 5:31pm
If your Aussie government no arrest all of dem and put them in jail then you will agree with me that you're living in a terrorist state
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 5:46pm
Unlimited22:

Lol

Wrestling has never been 'real'. Never.

Na nostalgia glasses you dey use talk.
Yeah but these guys made it look real
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 6:14pm
iamoyindamola:

Yeah but these guys made it look real
some of the hits were real to some extent.. the bloods and injuries was real.. but all in all, it was all an entertainment
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 6:27pm
iamoyindamola:

Ric Flair is a good technical ground wrestler but not a high flying wrestler.

In terms of technique, the best of my era are:

Mr Perfect
Macho Man
Shawn Michaels
Brett Hitman Hart
Razor Ramon
Ricky the Dragon Steamboat
Christian and Edge

For 2000s attitude era to 2010 you can add

XPac
Rey Mysterio
Rob Van Damme
Matt and Jeff Hardy
Eddie Guerrero
CM Punk

I've lost track since then. I hardly followed wrestling after 1997 but still had it on for one or two from 1997 to 2010

The greatest ever match I've watched live is Shawn Michaels Vs Razor Ramon ladder match in 1995

The greatest wrestling match ever which I watched retrospectively is Macho Man Vs Ricky the Dragon Steamboat - widely acknowledged as the greatest match of all time
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 6:35pm
WhoDeyHause:

Senior eye of the gods, happy birthday, long life and prosperity for you boss.
But why you and ebuka birthday come follow each other?
One na left eye, d. Other na right eye...

Baba know Wetin him dey do

Thanks
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 6:36pm
raumdeuter:

Segedinho Baba. Congratulations. Many happy returns
thanks boss
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Shegzdave: 6:52pm
seankafor:
https://pixeldrain.com/api/file/3tPPvTiY?download

This will lead you straight to downloading the zip file, then you unzip it and then watch..

Alternatively you can go through this link

https://pahe.ink/mr-mcmahon-season-1-complete-web-dl-720p-1080p/

If you can maneuver your way through the ads, I use ad blocker so not a problem for me
Thanks
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DeadPresidents: 6:52pm
nihilistjnr:

Stone Cold wasn't really a heel sha. He was more of an anti-hero. Obviously being younger than you I only caught the tail end of the WWF era that they use to show late nights on Channel 10 - so them Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior. Hart Brothers etc.

I really came into my own in the attitude era of the early 2000s, so the Rock and Stone Cold are my favourite ever faces, Triple H and Kurt Angle my most hated heels, and Eddie Guerrero my favourite wrestler of all time. E dey pain me die everytime he lost to Rey mysterio - We lie, We cheat, We steal was my motto back then.

RIP Eddie. Viva la raza

Eddie Guerrero–Latino Heat. You know ball. That Ese‘s death hit me hard back in the day menh. Shoutout to my boy Jeff Hardy also

Raumdeuter, I think it was Chris Benoit that offed his entire family not Chris Jericho
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 6:53pm
All those Ali, Nabil, Qasim, Nadeem or whatever that LordAdam16 was naming as next up in Hezbollah organisational structure, he should kindly check if their names are among the fallen. Ain't nobody got time to be learning the names of dead men walking

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 7:02pm
E be like we go send Nihilistjnr to investigate that Raisi Eli Kopter crash again

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 7:07pm
Unlimited22:

My poiny wasn't that Kurt wasn't an effective heel. He was one of the quickest learners of the wrestling business to have ever lived.

My point was he was also a face for long periods and was unafraid to make himself the butt of the joke, and as such I don't know if I can classify him strictly as a heel.

Check out his feuds with Booker T and Shawn Michaels in 2005/6 and see proper heel work

I was talking about the era I used to follow wrestling religiously. I was playing WWE SMACKDOWN - just bring it, and shut your mouth on PS2 obsessively. In that era, Kurt Angle was the main villain in WWE. Not just a villian - The main villain

nihilistjnr:

RIP Eddie. Viva la raza

By 2005/6 I was in university and off wrestling. This isn't an academic debate about heel effectiveness or anything like that. It's not even a debate. I literally lived that era.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5331) (5332) (5333) (5334) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: nihilistjnr, Shegzdave, Hohenheim(m), 6ixT8, GloriousGbola, Afz9095(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.