Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,821 members, 7,972,936 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 10:31 PM

..... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / ..... (935 Views)

She's Asthmatic... Advice Pls / My Story- Sincere Advice Pls. / I Want To Quit Dating My Girlfriend,but 1 Thing Is Trying To Stop Me.advice Pls! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

..... by Ymodulus: 5:36pm On Jul 29, 2011
Re: ..... by amblors(m): 5:47pm On Jul 29, 2011
"Yorubas are illiterates" thats weird and,

anyways back to your post.
this doesnt sound like a serious issue to me,
you easily ask her how many kids she'll like
and you say how many you want and probably xplain to each other y.
if its a relationship thats heading for the alter,you MUST discuss and agree on it,
if you can't agree on it, then you're right to break it off, their plenty problems in marriages as it is
don't add an AVOIDABLE one to the problem menu

the adoption part is em, pretty delicate.

goodluck
Re: ..... by iice(f): 6:03pm On Jul 29, 2011
Again, if the end result is not desired by both, what is the problem?
If you explained your stance and she explained hers and you both can't compromise, then there isn't any issue na in forcing it. The relationship, that is.
Re: ..... by livedit(f): 6:09pm On Jul 29, 2011
No it's not anything wrong with expressing your future plans about having children to your fiancee. This is something that needs to be discuss anyway through marriage counciling. This will determine if the two of you are a suitable pair. If she is not willing to go along with your plans about having these two children then you may want to reconsider marrying her. Children are important and it's a life altering decision and why bring children in this world (granted she gives in just to please you) you don't want and will regret. This would cause even more issues within the marriage. You are at your very right to want what you want as she is to her's.
Re: ..... by claremont(m): 6:13pm On Jul 29, 2011
Ymodulus:

Is it wrong to tell a gal b4 marriage dat u need only a kid and u will adopt one more?

Also if she does not agree and u two are havin a close relationship, is it also wrong to show her d door xplaining to her your reason y u cant go on wit d relationship?

Pls your reply is needed.
Nothing wrong in discussing specific issues with your potential spouse before taking the plunge into marriage, actually that's the best time to agree on certain things with her. If you both cannot agree on specific issues before marriage, then it might be best to go your separate ways. No matter how you look at it, a broken relationship is always better than a broken marriage!
Re: ..... by HighChief4(m): 7:49pm On Jul 29, 2011
I dont see anything bad with discussing such important things before marriage, but you also have to be open to her own suggestions while doing so. Your decissions must not be final
Re: ..... by JackPotts: 7:55pm On Jul 29, 2011
Can you just clarify one thing for me?
You wish to have a child with your partner, and then adopt another child?
Re: ..... by Ymodulus: 8:25pm On Jul 29, 2011
^^^^^^ i wish not to have more dan a kid friend. Am not bothered if d first is a gal. Just need one biological kid and one adopted kid.
Re: ..... by mansteveo: 8:33pm On Jul 29, 2011
it is that u want to have one 4 ur husband and adopt another out
Re: ..... by JackPotts: 8:34pm On Jul 29, 2011
i wish not to have more dan a kid friend. Am not bothered if d first is a gal. Just need one biological kid and one adopted kid.

Ah I see. Well good relationships are built on honesty. So it's best to lay the cards on the table from the outset. If your spouse doesn't want the same thing, then I guess she is not the right woman for you.

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Guy Take Care Of A Lady / Tyrese And Rev.run Relationship Survey / Pity Or Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.