Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,472 members, 7,961,461 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 05:59 AM

Wind Or Word? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Wind Or Word? (298 Views)

Kumuyi And The Wind Of Change / Pastor Enenche: 'Evil Wind Brought Corona Virus, It Will Expire In 21 Days’ / Why Is The Law Or Word (bible) Of God Almighty Sold? Is There A Conspiracy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Wind Or Word? by toyinaremu(f): 10:53am On Jul 21, 2022
Bro Peter was enjoying his cruise on the sea when the situation suddenly changed. The wind was tossing the ship here and there, and fear began to creep in. Flashes of drowning, death and losing loved ones were becoming overwhelming.

The captain of the ship was as confused as the people on the ship as he tried everything possible, but nothing could help or calm the wind. In the midst of this, a strange being was seen on the water and at this time, their fear tripled! Could it be the underwater people coming to finish us? Or what is this one for heaven's sakes, they lamented with great fear.

"I am one of you, don't be afraid," the person said and Bro. Peter, being inquisitive, came up to say "how come you are not afraid and even on the water? If you are true, call me to join you too". "Come" he was told, and he stepped down from the ship, looking at this being.

(Matt.14:23-31 paraphrased)
Yes, Jesus told Peter to come, and that Word became a force, it was an activation of boldness. At that word, he walked on the water just like Jesus. Unfortunately, he took his face off the Word to the wind and he began to sink.

What has God said about this your waiting period? Are you still holding on to His Word or you're beginning to count your years and thinking it is getting too late? If God will not give me my spouse, I can help myself, isn't that your thought now?

Are you now looking at how Brother Lagbaja and Sister Tamedu shut down the internet about their proposal and you're losing focus on the Word of God/Jesus the author and the finisher of your faith for your time and season? Remember, what you look at in a challenging time will determine how you will go through it or how far.

I am here this morning to remind you, that though this season seems long, tiring, and worrisome, you have to continue to press on because your time is nearer than yesterday. Keep holding on, He will come through for you, be encouraged.

Delay is not denial. It is the preparation for a destiny that is needed to be fulfilled. Take your eyes off the wind and focus on the Word.

(1) (Reply)

My Idea On Whatsapp Bible Study / Happy Birthday Blessed Mother! / ??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.