Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,176 members, 7,960,668 topics. Date: Saturday, 28 September 2024 at 07:42 AM

Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! (28186 Views)

Poll: 'War' On Nairaland: Which Side Are You On?

Nigerians In Nigeria: 47% (73 votes)
Nigerians In Diaspora: 52% (82 votes)
This poll has ended

Helping New Nigerians in Diaspora / Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? / Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! by moladun(f): 7:15am On Aug 20, 2007
hehehe, i am not liked it wen peoples are fought, let us all lived in peace
Re: Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! by BABEELOVE(f): 8:03am On Aug 20, 2007
I see there are more UN members in the house despite all attempts to "pose" denge dengelly as a UNIN or a UNID!!!!  Keep the love flowing peeps! tongue  Despite what some of you think, we are one and the same despite any expressions of self or neighbourly hate, and will always be one.
Re: Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! by mellow(m): 8:45am On Aug 20, 2007
BABEELOVE:

I see there are more UN members in the house despite all attempts to "pose" denge dengelly as a UNIN or a UNID!!!! Keep the love flowing peeps! tongue Despite what some of you think, we are one and the same despite any expressions of self or neighbourly hate, and will always be one.

Still de feel you jare !!![/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! by ebos(m): 9:10am On Aug 20, 2007
NEUTRAL BROADCASTER (LIVE)

The report reaching us has it that despite uneasy calm that returned some days ago, a particular group known as Suicidal Crusaders has resorted to carrying suicide attacks on the perceived enemies. This has resulted to tension as Troops Build-ups on the borders have continued by both sides. Our reporters in Lebanon confirmed that Suicidal Crusaders – a group in NINs who claimed responsibility of the first attack that led to A-Day-War is recruiting Hezbollah members- a group known to have shared the same ideology with al-Qaida. In view of this, the UN has warned Hezbollah to stop their interference in the conflicts, settling scores and arming Suicidal Crusaders, and to stop being part of covert plans to destabilize the peace process. However, the notorious Paw Paw who is at large now and a member of the radical group with ties to al-Qaida or at least al-Qaida-style militancy and doctrine was sighted in Palestine addressing a Hamas Group on the need to front for their military intelligence aimed at destabilizing any peace imitated by the Commander-In-Chief Oluweseun.
Re: Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! by PawPaw3(m): 9:14am On Aug 20, 2007
@Babeelove
Really? Na wah oh. If you are a new member for real, why did you not read the posts from the beginning?
TRUST NO ONE HERE OH!!!! e fit be paw paw sef!
No one to cyber with today?
I would have obliged but I have my princess beside me, and some of us have to do a real job to make ends meet, time is of essence here sweetie.

@zigbo
tomorrow na u go ask if uk na abroad. as u take watch d match on tv,na so we jst go balance for stadium dey watch am live at the end of the day we shake hands with this fellas.
In your dream, your warped dream that is. Even if you wanted to shake their hands by the time you finish washing all the pots and pans in the stadium kitchen they would have left the stadium. Take a day off next week.
Re: Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! by PawPaw3(m): 9:19am On Aug 20, 2007
@PTH
This one na correct NINs member. NEPA just bring light for their area after months in darkness.
Did you leave Nigeria in the sixties? You view Nigeria like a man stuck in the sixties. After 40yrs in America, time to visit home bro.
Welcome to the real world brother.
Your real world of pots and pans. . I do lend money to "Stranded Nigerian Americans in Nigeria" (the so-called SNAN) to buy ticket. They arrive with $1000 and expect to spend 2months.

@toshmann
this dude no even know say them no play de match for old trafford. the match was played in the city of manchester stadium and man city displayed sound soccer artistry that baffled man utd to their wits end
Either you watched a different match or you were told of the match. A match where man u had 51% of game play as against the 39% of city. Stick with what you know and leave Football for football fans. (Note the use of the word Football or were you watching "sucker"wink
Re: Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! by PawPaw3(m): 9:22am On Aug 20, 2007
@omoge (The diaper changing machine)

it's about deported people and visa seekers frustrations
Have you beaten "Turbo babyosisi's" record? Last time I checked, she does 10 old people in 30 mins. I see you are here too often and I was wondering if you've perfected your skill.
Should you break her record, don't even think of coming to Nigeria with the award. Keep it with you there my sister.
Anyway I've got a business to run, see ya. Don't work too hard o, my sister.
Re: Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! by PawPaw3(m): 9:27am On Aug 20, 2007
@ebos
However, the notorious Paw Paw who is at large now and a member of the radical group with ties to al-Qaida or at least al-Qaida-style militancy and doctrine was sighted in Palestine addressing a Hamas Group on the need to front for their military intelligence aimed at destabilizing any peace imitated by the Commander-In-Chief Oluweseun.

Where did you hide when Israel was bombing your arse? Did you hide in a hole? I was sitting in my air-condictioned house watching it like video game
Re: Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! by BABEELOVE(f): 9:39am On Aug 20, 2007
This UN ambassador of Peace is definitely on her way to Honululu! kiss

Zooooooooms off!

Switches to "read only" mode!
Re: Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! by ajadrage: 9:49am On Aug 20, 2007
Babeelove, sorry oh, but I used to know some Barbara girl, she in London now and your name just happened to ring bells in my head. If to say ur pix day ur profile I for know sha. Abeg no vex ehn. Only it just brings back memories
Re: Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! by BABEELOVE(f): 10:07am On Aug 20, 2007
ajadrage:

Babeelove, sorry oh, but I used to know some Barbara girl, she in London now and your name just happened to ring bells in my head. If to say your pix day your profile I for know sha. Abeg no vex ehn. Only it just brings back memories

I understand! tongue
Re: Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! by ebos(m): 10:19am On Aug 20, 2007
@ Paw Paw
Paw-Paw:

Where did you hide when Israel was bombing your arse? Did you hide in a hole? I was sitting in my air-condictioned house watching it like video game

I was just a free man covering the report you were watching. Just as I covered this very report.
Re: Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! by gilgee(m): 10:45am On Aug 20, 2007
@PAW-PAW
    My dear,
Am beginning to perceive the reason why peace should be initiated hence am sponsoring a reconciliation party single handedly.
  Before initializing that, I would love to know from the sincere side of you, the major reason that catalyzed this civil war against  the NsID, and also intimate us the spectators your terms of reconciliation  and pay off price.
I and the entire PMO (Peace Making Organization) have resolved to inculcate peace into the union of NsIN and NsID.
   However, we have been acquainted with the fact that you and some of your heroic warlords have been denied visa severally, thus we shall obtain Iraqi visas for you and your associates as arrangements have been made for you to join the US Military as shoe cleaners for a start, while we make arrangements for a swift promotion to the post of sewage tank cleaners.
   Conclusively, be informed that your urgent response is highly essential because the queue at the embassy would be much this week, as information reaching us quotes “Many NIN patriots have applied for Iraqi visas without the knowledge of their leaders/generals/combatants. They termed the actions of Gen PAW PAW and cohorts as mere jealousy and frustration. They stressed the need to work in Iraq and Sudan as shoe cleaners and if possible shit packers as their family members are living on the feeding scale of 0.7:10 as a result of food scarcity and they are tired of enjoying the poverty amidst their present location (Naija)
  Thanks for your anticipated cooperation.
Always at your service,
Mr. Gilgee shit money dey sweet Esq.
Re: Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! by mconqueror(m): 12:31pm On Aug 20, 2007
D I S C L A I M E R!!!

these nit wits so called millitants both NIN and NID

spreading their dirty linen in the open are either immatured,
or dumb[really really dumb!]

Because i wonder if they realise what they are doing to the already
soiled image of our beloved country!

LONG LIVE F.R.N!!!
Re: Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! by Euclid(m): 12:47pm On Aug 20, 2007
Hi All,

It is with great interest that i observe your various musings regarding the NIN and NID syndrome, You are all one and the same however you have suffered 2 distinct experiences in your growth and development. You are quite different regarding your attitude to life and perceptions of success, But one thing is certain your jokes are quite serious!!

The moderator must be asked what his take is on the issues at hand, Thanks to Paw-Paw for raising this unspoken tension that exists between NID's and NIN's, I love the thread and was quite intrigued by some view points, You've all spoken well but my personal take on this is that where do you stand in the newly globalized world?

Would it be better to be a NIN or a NID, The world is changing and i suggest you all harness your skills and koin hands in ensurion that NIGERIANS {Both NID's and NIN's} join forces and confront the common enemy as opposed to causing more division in an already divided entity called Nigeria,

PAW-PAW, Arrange yourself my guy , no your way no be curse, and dont forget say for warri if nothing somethin go always dey fro pipeline,

Im out and the war must come to a truce, Aburi convention abeg!!!!!

Euclidian Rhetoric is Moribund!!!

cool cool shocked shocked
Re: Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! by osereka(m): 2:25pm On Aug 20, 2007
@euclid,
thanks for you kindly intervention.
our elders say 'JOKES ARE ONLY JOKE, WHEN THEY TOUCH THINGS LIGHTLY
                        OTHERWISE THEY BECOMES VALID SERIOUS STATEMENT!
I think we should all try to think NGERIA
                                          pray  NIGERIA
                              and be good NIGERIANS HOME AND ABROAD

I REST MY CASE.

even if you insult me futher, NO COMMENT!       PEACE AND LOVE BRO AND SIS grin
Re: Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! by doyin13(m): 2:29pm On Aug 20, 2007
Euclid:

Exactly why the division must continue.

Euclidean rhetoric dictates that all parties behave rationally.

But the day Naija becomes rational is the day I become a NIN

grin
Re: Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! by fuzek: 2:54pm On Aug 20, 2007
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

war coming to an end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Alluta Continual; Victoria Asserta angry angry angry angry angry

grin grin grin wink wink grin cheesy grin
Re: Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! by tpia: 3:19pm On Aug 20, 2007
Re: Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! by Mariory(m): 3:51pm On Aug 20, 2007
Where's the option for "Who gives a Shit!"?
Re: Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! by PTH(m): 4:07pm On Aug 20, 2007
Mariory:

Where's the option for "Who gives a Shit!"?

they should file their complaints under the auspices of the Uninvolved Nigerians Organisation (UNO).
Re: Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! by BABEELOVE(f): 4:15pm On Aug 20, 2007
fuzek:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

war coming to an end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Alluta Continual; Victoria Asserta angry angry angry angry angry

grin grin grin wink wink grin cheesy grin

Euclid:

Hi All,

It is with great interest that i observe your various musings regarding the NIN and NID syndrome, You are all one and the same however you have suffered 2 distinct experiences in your growth and development. You are quite different regarding your attitude to life and perceptions of success, But one thing is certain your jokes are quite serious!!

The moderator must be asked what his take is on the issues at hand, Thanks to Paw-Paw for raising this unspoken tension that exists between NID's and NIN's, I love the thread and was quite intrigued by some view points, You've all spoken well but my personal take on this is that where do you stand in the newly globalized world?

Would it be better to be a NIN or a NID, The world is changing and i suggest you all harness your skills and koin hands in ensurion that NIGERIANS {Both NID's and NIN's} join forces and confront the common enemy as opposed to causing more division in an already divided entity called Nigeria,

PAW-PAW, Arrange yourself my guy , no your way no be curse, and don't forget say for warri if nothing somethin go always dey fro pipeline,

I'm out and the war must come to a truce, Aburi convention abeg!!!!!

I say I dey for una side! cheesy Don't mind these hungry people.  Na Oprah head dey catch them.  Since no Oprah to fight--them don they chop themselves!  Hungry people! angry
Re: Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! by maki(f): 4:37pm On Aug 20, 2007
with prof soludo's help you guys will soon be running back to naija tongue grin grin grin kiss
Re: Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! by PTH(m): 4:39pm On Aug 20, 2007
maki:

with prof soludo's help you guys will soon be running back to naija tongue grin grin grin kiss

not for many of us marrying foreigners.  grin The Soludisation of the economy is nothing but a ruse.
Re: Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! by Nobody: 4:41pm On Aug 20, 2007
paw paw wrote

@omoge (The diaper changing machine)

Have you beaten "Turbo babyosisi's" record? Last time I checked, she does 10 old people in 30 mins. I see you are here  too often and I was wondering if you've perfected your skill.
Should you break her record, don't even think of coming to Nigeria with the award. Keep it with you there my sister.
Anyway I've got a business to run, see ya. Don't work too hard o, my sister.

paw paw,If I wasn't a Christian,I would have said let thunder fire that internet cafe in Ojuelegba where you're typing from. grin
mind your self o
Re: Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! by evergie(m): 4:58pm On Aug 20, 2007
I don dieeeeeeeeee pawpaw too much jare. lol i can't help it.
Re: Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! by BABEELOVE(f): 5:24pm On Aug 20, 2007
babyosisi:

paw paw wrote
paw paw,If I wasn't a Christian,I would have said let thunder fire that internet cafe in Ojuelegba where you're typing from. grin
mind your self o

Osisibaby!

I see you are well rested. Carry come my sister! Day shift reporting for duty! grin
Re: Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! by Nobody: 5:30pm On Aug 20, 2007
My dear babeelove, I'm done with the AM diapers
na round two we dey now, as soon as I finish my jollof rice and cola grin
Re: Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! by BABEELOVE(f): 5:46pm On Aug 20, 2007
babyosisi:

My dear babeelove, I'm done with the AM diapers
na round two we dey now, as soon as I finish my jollof rice and cola grin

Always a good spot as usual.  I say carry come---your belle full well well! I wish I could say the same!  You are talking to Paw Paw?   He he he he he he he!  Okay! grin  I am

------Observing!

Hmm Ummmm!!!  E Yi Me'! lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! by shango(m): 5:55pm On Aug 20, 2007
And rereading the first couple of pages in the thread I posted about Nigerian Citizenship thread, it hit me how elitist Nigerians in Diaspora really are. There are people in Nigeria 100 times smarter than me, that choose to stay in Nigeria and struggle through living daily life in Naija. It seems most people that find their way to the West, have a "better than thou" attitude like somehow being in the West puts you at an advantage or makes you smarter than your brethren still in the motherland. Again I will argue it requires more smarts and strength of character to carve out a living in Nigeria and some may argue coming to the West is actually taking the easy way out (some not I though). You guys like me here in the States or other Western countries, please, stop the looking down of those back home. They are not stupid or lesser than us and you are not a genius or smart alek for finding your way to the West. Even Mexican Laborers with no education can make it to the USA and carve a living and make enough money to get a lease on that Benz or Audi that you snap pictures of and send back home to give the illusion that you are living it up in the states.

shango your argument is baseless and shallow as a deep sea. did you graduate from college? are you familiar with immigration law? do you know what DUAL CITIZENSHIP means? don't just wake up after drinking OGOGORO and start yabis.

I suppose when you assumed i was in Naija such a comment was perfectly ok to make. My brother has Dual Citizenship having been born in the States. So thanks for the pointless insults and pointing out the obvious.

are you surprised? we have been submerged by members of the "i love Nigeria" brigade of hypocrites.
Their moto seems to be - defending the indefensible.

I do love Nigeria. Obviously you have disdain for her. Its ok though. I mean its ovbious you long abandonded your home country.

@doyin and lovemajek - I know, it just upsets me, people tar every diasporan with the same brush and I want to know what would possess them. I hope its not jealousy?

Jealousy, haha, because Nigerians in Diaspora are living like Kings right? Way to look down on your fellow Nigerians. Elitism is a terrible thing.

They may single handedly be responsible for the lack of progress Nigeria may make if the diasporans feel they can't return or invest without returning. I jsut don't know, it saddens me, it shouldn't but it does. It's like going home and your brother saying 'get out of our fathers house, your sister insulted the new carpet and u don't live here either so you are no longer part of this family'. Is that not painful?

Sorry but I am infact a Nigerian in diaspora and unlike you I chose to see reality for what it is. Mexicans send money by the boatload back to Mexico while working here in the states as laborers for the most part. Yet Mexico is poorer and less developed than Nigeria. And we as Nigerians send even less money than they do so where is this magic dvelopment or reinvestment of Nigerians in diaspora's money coming from. Its bullcrap. Nigeria will only develop and fly from within, NOT FROM THE OUTSIDE. No country has ever developed from the outside, it has never happened AND IT NEVER WILL. So the myth that Nigerians in diaspora will use their supposed new found knowledge and enlightment gotten from the West to better Nigeria is A MYTH.

All I know is that the people who speak the worst about Nigeria in my presence are those who live there. I suppose if you secretly want to leave your country, but can't, it is painful for others who have managed to do so to turn around and tell you how rubbish the place u currently stay is. So I understand the bitterness,

Man, this guy really thinks being able to come to the West is like winning the lottery! Man, good job for you oh, you where able to make it the land of the free and home of the brave all by your own. Want a cookie now?
Re: Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! by shango(m): 5:58pm On Aug 20, 2007
and contrary to the OP, I am a Nigerian in the USA, check my IP, I live in Maryland and I post on my UMD account

So calling me a NINCompoop is not only a daft insult but is non applicable to me.

But if being in the USA I am makes you feel superior or look down on those back in Nigeria then more power to you, I like to think those in Nigeria are as equally resourcefull and hardworking and smart as us living in the West as it is no joke to eck out a living in present day Naija.
Re: Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! by BABEELOVE(f): 6:03pm On Aug 20, 2007
un/un = nid+nin - unid+unin divided by 100%! ---------

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

5 Reasons Why I Love Lagos City / Accident At Alalubosa Ibadan Kills 2 People (Graphic Photos) / 6 Foods You Should Avoid As A First-time Flyer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.