Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,263 members, 7,960,899 topics. Date: Saturday, 28 September 2024 at 11:48 AM

Road Worthiness: The New Area Of Corruption In Lagos - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Road Worthiness: The New Area Of Corruption In Lagos (147 Views)

Venza, G-wagon, Range, Bentley.. The Moral Decadence Of Corruption / Truck Carrying Bottles Of Drink Goes Up In Flames In Warri Area Of Delta. Photos / Corruption In Nigeria Won’t End Overnight – Denmark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Road Worthiness: The New Area Of Corruption In Lagos by osaroodion(m): 9:01am On Aug 17, 2022
Good morning everyone, I'll make this brief.
The new laws of applying for road worthiness and getting your vehicle cleared after inspection has become the area of corruption in Lagos.

I have a haulage) logistic company. Just last week here, one of my driver's took a bus for inspection, they failed the text without citing any issue and subjected us to pay 7k before they passed the vehicle and cleared it.

Yesterday, I took my personal car for inspection, Venza 2015....they failed the test without any reason and subjected me to pay 5k before issuing the road worthiness. At first, I refused paying but then I was advised that my face has been marked and even If I come with a tear rubber vehicle, I'll still fail the test.

Not to this morning, one of my trucks due for inspection today 17/08 went to the cele branch for inspection. It's a 6 tire truck and the driver was told he'll fail the test except he agrees to pay 15k. I got so angry, I didn't know what to do, who to call, not because its a huge money but these kind of things are very bad and painful. The govt just created this channel to suffer genuine people who are doing bussiness.

I also heard they have target and they report to their ogas at the top.

Pls we really need to take this issue seriously...I don't know who else has experienced this.

@mods pls help move to the front page.
Re: Road Worthiness: The New Area Of Corruption In Lagos by yomi007k(m): 9:08am On Aug 17, 2022
The problem is not the government, the problem is the humans.

That's why I tell people that what we need is Behavioural Change from the top, down to the grassroot.

Hopefully, this thread will get to front page and they will be exposed.

Thanks for speaking out.
Re: Road Worthiness: The New Area Of Corruption In Lagos by osaroodion(m): 9:11am On Aug 17, 2022
After paying the govt for the document, the money these guys are requesting for is far more than the actual amount I paid to the govt. This is very annoying. I'm just so upset now.

Plus you have to be in the queue for several hours before you're attended to. They have less than 20 centres in Lagos despite the huge motorist we have.
Re: Road Worthiness: The New Area Of Corruption In Lagos by incandescentena: 9:17am On Aug 17, 2022
Take this complaint to Twitter and tag Lagos state governor, VIO, Dss, Icpc, Efcc.

Hopefully we will get a response

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road Worthiness: The New Area Of Corruption In Lagos by osaroodion(m): 9:20am On Aug 17, 2022
incandescentena:
Take this complaint to Twitter and tag Lagos state governor, VIO, Dss, Icpc, Efcc.

Hopefully we will get a response
Doing that right away. Thanks.
Re: Road Worthiness: The New Area Of Corruption In Lagos by incandescentena: 9:22am On Aug 17, 2022
osaroodion:
Doing that right away. Thanks.

Please do.

(1) (Reply)

Best Solar Power Company In Greater Noida / Sdfsfdsfgrdgter / Data Analyst Course

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.