Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,237 members, 7,936,800 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 12:01 AM

Where And How Did You Meet Your Partner? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Where And How Did You Meet Your Partner? (8053 Views)

How Did You Meet Your Current Spouse or Partner? / How Did You Meet Your Partner And Will You Reveal That At Your Wedding / How Did You Meet Your Partner? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where And How Did You Meet Your Partner? by lilvonz(m): 2:12pm On Aug 18, 2007
What's wrong in that?
An issue every year. Well, it was really not my idea, it was hers.
Re: Where And How Did You Meet Your Partner? by michaelwe1(m): 2:14pm On Aug 18, 2007
mishoo:

Bomb Blast in 2001 and you've produced 10 kids
Tell me, what did you marry, to have produced 10 kids in 6 years
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Where And How Did You Meet Your Partner? by Ralvy(m): 4:18pm On Aug 18, 2007
A couzin's Krib
Re: Where And How Did You Meet Your Partner? by BabaNee2(m): 4:35pm On Aug 18, 2007
Powerful thread. Met mine on Phone (can you imagine) i have this friend who we run things together, he announced to me one day, that he met this lady through another older girlfriend in school. Of course since i am older than my friend, he naturally assumed i should speak with the lady. We didnt talk until some weeks later and that was when i was actually with another intended.
Something strange 'bout the whole thing was that we actually had a big fight the forst time we met, She actually accused me of being too egotisti bla bla bla, (whateever that nonsense is!) anyway, i didn t allow her intimidating nature daunt me in anyway. I kept on, pressed on, and today, i ve come to find the softest pat of her heart, My dear, and that is where i am resting,
Ohhh, we ve had ups and downs though, but she is really given me a beautiful life, Let me just invite you all to a small yet grand wedding, come June, I love that babe, walahi,
Re: Where And How Did You Meet Your Partner? by mindworx: 5:02pm On Aug 18, 2007
I met my spouse in the university, i was to take a predegree course, i met her just 2 months after admission for the predegree course. I was actually scanning around for a beautiful lady in the GNS 001 Class and, boom shocked cheesy! Our eyes turned four. Initially was not able to walk up to her cos she was in the midst of other girls (, just as mountains sorround jerusalem grin), and u know i was very shy to approach a lady then. I looked for a chance when she was alone and approached, like, "excuse me miss, i think we'd met somewhere before, " (if u're really keen in the story, just buzz me mofaloks@yahoo.com). I tell you it's funny kinda but that was (and is) my first relationship, am still in it and i can't stop, She's the best thing dat has ever (and will ever) happened to me before and, i can't stop loving her. and guess what, It's been 6 years now lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Where And How Did You Meet Your Partner? by niceuzor: 9:24pm On Aug 18, 2007
BASETSANA
i'm also praying with you my dear!! wink
Re: Where And How Did You Meet Your Partner? by ytex82(m): 10:22pm On Aug 18, 2007
lilvonz no worry i believe u.
Re: Where And How Did You Meet Your Partner? by Sassykes(f): 10:45pm On Aug 18, 2007
We met on a plane trip to Australia, I was going to Australia with a group of friends and he was going with a group of friends, it was spring break and viola we all ended up in the same hotel and it was so cool. Cuz we were all from NYC and we all hung out and and when we got back from the vacations we all kept in touch but he kept calling me more than his friends did, then asked me out one day to see a movie. I went, it was a blast and we ended up going on the tram and that was cool. Oh well 6 years later we are going on strong.
Re: Where And How Did You Meet Your Partner? by Deola9848(m): 3:50am On Aug 19, 2007
[color=#006600][/color]

AT A BURNFIRE NIGHT, HER NOW EX-BOYFRIEND STOOD HER UP, A COUPLE OF MONTHS LATER, WE COULDNT BE SEPERATED, 4 YEARS ON, SHE WANTS ME TO COME BACK TO BED RIGHT NOW tongue tongue, GOT TO GO.
Re: Where And How Did You Meet Your Partner? by Saddam: 4:50am On Aug 19, 2007
I met my wife in Iraqi

Baghdad

Tigris River, Precisely
Re: Where And How Did You Meet Your Partner? by LadyGodiva(f): 5:19am On Aug 19, 2007
i met him while on vacation in naija.
He is my dad's best friend's nephew,
we locked eyes and it was sealed from then
Re: Where And How Did You Meet Your Partner? by Barrackboy(m): 11:16am On Aug 19, 2007
I met mine in a hotel. We 've been married for 5yrs now and blessed with beautiful kids.
Re: Where And How Did You Meet Your Partner? by LiquidMind(m): 6:09pm On Aug 19, 2007
I'm still waiting for that special someone , cool
Re: Where And How Did You Meet Your Partner? by verox: 9:25pm On Aug 19, 2007
i met mine at ibadan nine years ago, (the polythecnic ibadan, apete) i was 18yrs old. he came to visit his friend whom we stayed in thesame hostel together. he came from ijebu- ogun state university. i noticed him but thot i was not interested in rugged guys not knowing he was on a mission to get me - guy's runs. but i proved him wrong gave him a tough time and made him see more to my outside beauty, the inner one. i later found out that am crazy about this rugged and handsome guy.we started dating on the 29th of may 1999 and dated for 8 years. it was a beautiful, memorable and adventurous relationship. just got married this june. the love keeps growing stronger every day and am glad he came on that mission. by God'sgrace we will be aving a large family soon. love is truely beautiful. smiley
Re: Where And How Did You Meet Your Partner? by ubiaru(f): 9:12am On Aug 20, 2007
i met mine at the NYSC camp in potiskum {yobe state}.His looks always made me u comfortable and when we were shared into plattons,he was in my platton and we became friends.At the end of the camp,we were posted to the same village and there we started,We r preparing for our weddin.
Re: Where And How Did You Meet Your Partner? by Banderas(m): 9:19am On Aug 20, 2007
I met her on match.com
Re: Where And How Did You Meet Your Partner? by rasulua(m): 10:48am On Aug 20, 2007
I met mine in her office,i will tell u men we hated ourselfs alot,she hated me so much 4 a reason she doesnt know,i dnt reli feel her myself cos i waz forming big boy,bt on dis faithful day she had a beautiful dress on,i cldnt deny it,i admit to it she was beautiful nd i told her,dat very day i took her to dinner we got to know each other beta nd gt to c dat we were more of d same character,nd we fell in luv,bt i finaly gt to know dat she in a relationship with another guy,nd dis guy happens to b my cousin,i needed to bounce,bt il tell u if dis lady comes to me tomor saying she has ditch my cousin il go 4 her.

1 Like

Re: Where And How Did You Meet Your Partner? by konye(m): 10:55am On Aug 20, 2007
shocked
Re: Where And How Did You Meet Your Partner? by jkpretty(f): 12:09pm On Aug 20, 2007
My sweetheart was getting bored of this town he knew nothing about (Ilesha-Osunstate).He was in a clinical assignment with a group of friends from OAU teaching hospital, so he was counting d remaining two weeks to be over so that he could go back to his school. He was in his final year in medical school at that time. I also had something doing at that particular time in Ilesha, & so we met through a friend of his & mine. When we met, he saw me like i'm a queen dat just dropd in his life, we had a perfect flow, he was so natural & down to earth, & i just kept tripping, He said i came at a perfect timing he was so sure i was for real.We were happier to know we were both based in Lagos. He asked me out, but i had to sort my self out, he needed an answer becos we were soon going be out of that town. On my last day in that town, which was also his last he asked again, i was sure this time & gave a 'big nod'

When we got to Lagos he took me straight to his parents, i was the first girl he was ever introducing to his parents(I'm sure going to be d last). He is now a Doctor & i'm loving him evry single day. I'll let u guys know our slated day for our wedding. cheesy
Re: Where And How Did You Meet Your Partner? by kilasos(f): 12:56pm On Aug 20, 2007
i met my lovely man two years ago,i was a student and i was invited to one of these seminars for a pyramid scheme,it sounded good to me at the time and i decided tto approach people on the street to tell them about the opportunity to make money.
i met him in a shopping center.he was with his friends,i tried to tell them about the business,his friends were not intersted but he was,i remembered him asking me some personal questions like my name,where iw as studing and so on.i gave him my card,and he promised to call me to discuss if he wanted to join the business.
i stopped the biz few months later.i never taught about it again.
some few months later i got a lovel good nite text message,i called to find out who it was and it was him,i wasnt intersted in speaking to any of my business contacts so i blew him off.
a few weeks later,i decided to call him up and hear that voice again.
he was so excited i called.he told me that he prayed that if i called him back,then i will be his wife.i laughed it off and 2 years later we are engaged. wink
Re: Where And How Did You Meet Your Partner? by lopez(f): 1:15pm On Aug 20, 2007
@ mishoo
"WHAT"
that is so funny and have been laughing my head off .

Hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Where And How Did You Meet Your Partner? by femib26(m): 2:38pm On Aug 20, 2007
i met mine in the church.There is difference between meeting a friend and that friend becoming your wife.
Look before you leap.Am lucky with my own choice because i followed God's principle.
Please, do the same.
Re: Where And How Did You Meet Your Partner? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Aug 20, 2007
I met my heartbeat on one lovely saturday evening while taking my usual evening walk round my estate, the car just parked beside me and in my mind i am like its one of those Lagos guys that think everyone is a potential lay, he parked his car well and caught up with me and we did the walk together, i must say i have never been that free with anyone before, under 20 minutes we were already talking like we had met before, he got my number and i was seeing him everyday, he was even coming to my office on the island to check me or pick me up from work atimes and in 2 weeks we were dating, we were inseparable and are still up till now, we see every blessed day. The good news is that he has proposed to me and we are getting married in December, i love him so much and he loves me even more.( I really thank God i took my walk that day because i get really lazy atimes)
Re: Where And How Did You Meet Your Partner? by bimlarry(f): 3:55pm On Aug 20, 2007
i met my heart rob at skull, one of my friends introduced him to me to take me mts that he was very good in that course and i found out that it was all a game plan instead of teaching me he was doing the toasting i did shakara for some wks and i couldn't resist him no more now we are married and we have a baby and it is still like we just met ,cos the luv is growing stronger
Re: Where And How Did You Meet Your Partner? by mamatee: 4:20pm On Aug 20, 2007
i really love this thread

we first met but didn't speak to each other on our way to NYSC camp on 7th Sept 2005, at sagamu where i had gone to board a bus to camp in Edo State, on getting to okada in edo state we boarded the same vehicle again going to camp and then we had to queue, an already very long one at that, i asked him to help look after my luggage as i had to buy some things and that was it, we didn't see ourselves again until my platoon had a problem, we were punished publicly, as soon as he knew it was my platoon he sent me text messages consoling me.

whenever we came across ourselves in camp, he would always tell me he was praying that we be posted to the same local govt. and that if it eventually happens he'ld be very sure im his missing rib.

Anyway we got posted to the same local govt  and it was then and there he asked me to be his love, i gave him a little tough time until i gave in and we started dating in march 2006, and its been love all thru, i love him very much and he loves me even more than i love him.(coure there have been up and downs)

To cut the long story short we'ld be getting married in march 2008 by God's special grace, my love(dats wat i call him) and i.
I never thot i could find love during my service year.

N.B- i would like to advice that those who are yet to go for their service shouldn't influence it, let God lead and direct u.
Re: Where And How Did You Meet Your Partner? by simplyme3(f): 4:21pm On Aug 20, 2007
inside the toilet - the guy entered d female toilet by mistake -
Re: Where And How Did You Meet Your Partner? by timadel(m): 5:14pm On Aug 20, 2007
This is a very interesting thread!.i met the love of my life abt 2 yrs ago at the hezekiah oluwasanmi library in GREAT IFE.initially she resisted and insisted on being friends but after much insistnence(which i dont usually do) she succumbed.she is now deeply in love to the extent of doing anything for me.THE BEST THING THAT CAN EVER HAPPEN TO A MAN IS LOVING SOMEONE AND BEING LOVED BACK!
Re: Where And How Did You Meet Your Partner? by ufobabe(f): 5:52pm On Aug 20, 2007
I MET HIM ON LINE WHEN I WAS IN A CHRISTIAN CHAT ROOM

LATER CLOSED FRIENDS AND ONE DAY, HE PROPOSED 2 ME THROUGH A TEXT MESSAGE ON PHONE
NOT YET MARRIED BUT WE ARE MAKING PLANS 2 FEB NEXT YEAR

AND AM USING THIS OPPORTUNITY 2 INVITE THE WHOLE HOUSE

2 COME AND MERRY WITH ME AT

OLEH
ISOKO SOUTH LGA
DELTA STATE
NIGERIA
Re: Where And How Did You Meet Your Partner? by simplyme3(f): 7:39pm On Aug 20, 2007
@Ufobabe

r u realy 21? u look 81 with that ogbonge head gear. hahahahaha.
Re: Where And How Did You Meet Your Partner? by bandb1: 12:32am On Aug 21, 2007
@ ufobabe if all nairalanders come ur wedding i hope say item 7 go reach all of us oh. grin Anyway sha i wish u d best congrats girl
Re: Where And How Did You Meet Your Partner? by ikamefa(f): 4:58am On Aug 21, 2007
on the subway ! grin the poor guy was smitten ! gbam! tongue cheesy

he's been on my tail ever since ! grin grin grin grin
Re: Where And How Did You Meet Your Partner? by PTH(m): 5:09am On Aug 21, 2007
ikamefa:

on the subway ! grin the poor guy was smitten ! gbam! tongue cheesy

he's been on my tail ever since ! grin grin grin grin

cool tongue u sure say na true? grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Virginity Issues, What Effect Does It Have On Men? / What Do NIGERIAN Girls Really Offer? / will you still marry him after finding out he is not good in bed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.