Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,484 members, 7,961,488 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 06:59 AM

Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 - Business (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 (94364 Views)

Forex Trading - Season 15 / Forex Trading - Season 14 / Forex Trading - Season 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by JAZES(m): 6:47pm On Sep 13, 2011
naijababe:

Naijababe’s simple guide to trading success

I am not the highest contributor here but I am a growing trader and from time to time like to share my experience.

In the wonderful world of trading, much can be gained and a whole lot more can be lost; if you manage to acquire the skills and the right mental attitude and discipline, then you truly have a skill for life. These are not in any particular order; I wrote them as they came into my head. Enjoy folks and happy hunting

• Trading is not a get rich quick scheme, like every other endeavour in life; it requires a good depth of knowledge and strict discipline. Put in the work, remain focused and disciplined and you can reap truly amazing financial rewards
• Set clear goals and stick to it
The number of times I have seen people trying to trade every opportunity and then lose their entire account is almost countless. I have been there and if there’s one thing I know now, it’s that I can’t trade every opportunity. For example, I only trade 5 instruments and a I have a goal of 300 pips per week, if I meet my goal on Monday, I won’t trade for the remaining days in the week.

• Take time to learn – The one thing you don’t want to do in this business is dive in head first, it will only lead to one end and that end is not nice.

• Learn to love your losses – Losing a trade is a normal part of trading, when you lose a trade, analyse it again and see where you went wrong (if you did at all). I have made trades that ended in a loss and upon reassessing the trade again knew I’d do the same thing again. The market is what it is; sometimes it just doesn’t do what it should.

• Make a trading plan and stick to it – This is probably one of the most difficult aspects of trading, entering trades that you have not analysed can also lead to one thing and you all know what that is.

• Learn to diversify – I have heard people say on this thread that a beginner should only trade one instrument; I beg to differ. When you are learning, try trading two pairs at least and no more than four. Make sure your choices are not all major pairs. If I was asked to recommend pairs for a beginner I would recommend the following with reasons shown
EU or GU – Poster child for the avid learner, rarely whipsaw or behave out of sync
EU/GBP – Good for beginners mainly due to average daily range (in other words, you stand to lose less if a trade goes against you)
My main reason for suggesting more than one pair is to avoid putting on blinkers when you start to trade other pairs. No more than four because you get easily distracted and not learn the peculiar nuances of each pair.
• Correlation – When trading, it’s important to know the correlation between your instruments and other instruments even if you don’t trade them, e.g the dollar correlates negatively with crudes, commodities correlates positively with CAD and AU pairs, EU correlates with CHF etc.
• Operating costs – As I said before, trading is a business; you should put your operating costs in perspective and whilst I realise that you can’t control costs like electricity and internet subscription, the one thing you can control is spread. Why trade 20pips spread instruments when those with 1 -4 pips spread abound?!
• Own your decisions – Success will be far from you in trading if you don’t learn to own your trading decisions. This is why it’s important to not just depend on anyone to generate signals for you but for you learn and understand the reasons for your trading decisions.
• Be decisive and remain disciplined – What type of trader do you want to be, a contrarian, a trend, breakout or momentum trader? Do you want to day trade or swing trade? Decide which it is and be disciplined enough to follow your system even when you are not doing well. Let me make something clear here; you should only continue to follow your system if it has brought you success in the past ( no system guarantees a 100% success)
• Don’t get high on your success or trade when you are not emotionally calm e.g. one of the worst mistakes you can make is to enter a trade in anger or vengeance having just lost – I can guarantee you that the market will punish you for it.
• Use available resources well – Websites like fxstreet and babypips have gems of information and learning tools that will aid your success.
• Keep it simple – I have seen charts overloaded with indicators that I can’t even see what price is doing. Why do u need 5 EMAS, MACD, stochastic, RSI when every single of this indicator tells you the same thing.
• Use a birds eye view – This means you should take a general look at you entire screenshot first and not just your last two or three bars/candles.
• Finally, manage your account like your life depends on it. Apply the 2 and 5 % rule – Only risk 2% of your account at any given time ( personally, I use 6%) and when you’ve lost 5% of your equity take time away from trading for a week at least to get a fresh perspective ( personally, I use 10%)

I hope this helps and where I have expressed contrary opinion to what you do, bear in mind that it’s not a criticism- These are just my own rules and they work perfectly for me.

ON SPOT MY SISTER
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by JAZES(m): 6:49pm On Sep 13, 2011
Am taking a buy on GU and EU with very good stop loss.
Hope to close the trades tomm with lovely TP. cool cool cool
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by holahabib: 7:21pm On Sep 13, 2011
EUR-USD, closed @ 1.3725 - 25pips profit

GBP-USD closed @ 1.5809 - 16pips loss

Done for today
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by jamace(m): 7:58pm On Sep 13, 2011
Am taking a buy on GU and EU with very good stop loss.
Hope to close the trades tomm with lovely TP. cool cool cool

I'm with you.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by frenchman2: 11:17pm On Sep 13, 2011
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by bsgwealth: 11:30pm On Sep 13, 2011
1st Internationally Sponsored Online Trading Camp in Nigeria
Unique opportunity of getting employment and FREE money.

Traders Training Camp is a workshop designed for aspiring and experienced traders with financial market analysts to get the feel of professional trading methodology and strategy in trading business.

Why Should I attend
You would get the following when you attend the Traders Camp

1. Employment in a recognised firms setting up a proprietory trading department in Nigeria
2. 3 days comprehensive practical training from basis through advance on the elements of a successful fund manager
3. Get upto FREE $1000 live trading account
4. Becoming a member of an international body on investment analysis
5. Meet with reputable professional analysts of different financial markets
6. Packages/materials for successful trading

Visit: www.1bullbear.com/events for detailed info and camp brochure content
Limited seat avaliable to only 50 participants and Registration Closes 3rd Oct., 2011
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by Blogicon1(m): 12:08am On Sep 14, 2011
Good evening everyone, guess the day has been a great one!

I have a potentially lucrative buy trade opportunity on Gold pair. This is a 1:3 R:R trade with a stop loss of 300 pips (the use of position sizing will help with the large looking SL) and 900 pips TP. I have been silently following the movement of this pair for close to a week for the formation of a good entry into the uptrend, and I think the opportunity has just presented itself tonight.

The signal to go long is a bullish price bar rejection of the significant support level at 1816.67 region. This is a very good support which has been validated by holding prices on all attempts at it in the past. Look at my attached chart fro details. Just as I always warn, be sure to apply good money management on this and don't risk too much.

As is evident on my chart, I am already live on this order and hope to get filled before noon tomorrow. Good night!

Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by JAZES(m): 4:50am On Sep 14, 2011
Rumours and denials about French banks dictated trading on Tuesday. The Canadian dollar rallied alongside oil and the risk rally continued. JPY followed CAD as the market leader while GBP and AUD lagged. Reports on Japanese industrial production, Australia consumer confidence and Australian housing starts are upcoming. Latest Premium trades with 4 charts now up including US crude, gold, silver, Dow-30

French banking rumours were the top news of the session. A WSJ column cited a source saying France's top banks were cut off from USD funding but this was quickly denied by banking officials and corroborated by MNI. EUR/USD was virtually unchanged on the day but the more positive reports helped to strengthen risk appetite.

Oil was a mover, gaining $1.69 to $89.87 and it traded at a six-week high of $90.52. Gold climbed $23 to $1834. Silver outperformed, gaining 2% to $41.02. The S&P 500 gained 0.9% to 1172.

The rally in commodities benefited the Canadian dollar and USD/CAD fell strongly for the second day. The medium term chart continues to point to USD gains and oil will need to close above $92 to create a sustained buying signal.

GBP was a notable underperformer and closed on the lows as the Bank of England's Posen continued to drumbeat for further QE. Cable briefly fell below the July low of 1.5780 but a more sustained push lower will be needed to confirm the break.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by Adewizzy: 7:51am On Sep 14, 2011
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-758540.0.html#msg9143064

Follow this link daily for free trading signals everyday with technical analysis.

Cheers
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by Nobody: 8:22am On Sep 14, 2011
@ Blog, I think Gold is biased downwards, I suspect that it will probably get to 1750/75 area before the uptrend continues.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by bsgwealth: 8:24am On Sep 14, 2011
i got this pls check it out , www.1bullbear.com/event
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by Danielqwer: 8:42am On Sep 14, 2011
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-758540.0.html

Follow this thread every trading day for free forex signals.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by Blogicon1(m): 9:31am On Sep 14, 2011
@Naijababe, thanks for the headsup. Your point is well noted, but I'm already long the pair. No problems if we get stopped out cos then we will have a better entry with a nice risk:reward when/if it goes down. Thanks again and have a nice day.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by Nobody: 9:35am On Sep 14, 2011
Are we there yet? grin
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by meteorxtra(m): 10:18am On Sep 14, 2011
Sent in from an excited client trader and posted with His permission
Using[b] MoneySpinnerV2[/b]
Request for your own EA by Contacting Daylis Consulting on 017418223 or send a mail "Request for EA" to daylisgroup@live.com

Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by Instafx(m): 12:54pm On Sep 14, 2011
I'm still watching the market
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by resourceng(m): 1:07pm On Sep 14, 2011
hello, just joined the forum and also a forex trader, though i just started about 6 month ago. see that the thread is really hot because of the amount of posting am seeing here. anyway am in sell eu at 1.37371, anyone in this trade.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by holahabib: 1:16pm On Sep 14, 2011
resourceng:

hello, just joined the forum and also a forex trader, though i just started about 6 month ago. see that the thread is really hot because of the amount of posting am seeing here. anyway am in sell eu at 1.37371, anyone in this trade.
Hi, i exited about an hour ago a BUY of EUR/USD with about 25pips profit which i entered at 11a.m today. My Day Trend Divergence says look out for LONGS, so, i won't be selling the EUR, at least not today. Wishing you luck on your trade. You may be right, if the news at 1.30p.m comes out negative for the U.S then stocks will fall which will most likely push the EURO down but that may be countered by the new found hope for Greece. My 2 cents, but take note, i NEVER trade with fundies (most of which are rumours, only the big boys really know what's going on).
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by resourceng(m): 1:32pm On Sep 14, 2011
just exited with 20 pips profit been that was what i went for initially before the news.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by holahabib: 1:42pm On Sep 14, 2011
resourceng:

just exited with 20 pips profit been that was what i went for initially before the news.

What's your Risk/Reward like. I noticed you held your trade into the news. Assuming all the news came out in favour of the U.S and EU stocks rose, at what point would you have exited. I just really want to know your rational behind that trade entry and exit
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by LaconicINC: 2:23pm On Sep 14, 2011
Am long on GPB/USD, TP 1.5866 SL 1.5739 so help me God
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by Nobody: 2:26pm On Sep 14, 2011
Selling EU, anyone with me @ his or her own risk? grin
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by LaconicINC: 2:28pm On Sep 14, 2011
Entered took the call @1.5793
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by resourceng(m): 2:34pm On Sep 14, 2011
my entry point for eu was 1.37371 and my sl was placed at 1.38009 and tp was 1.36434. totally forgot about the 1.30 news and had to closed the trade with a 20 pip profit and i closed the trade just before the news was released since it was advisable for me to closed the trade before any news is released.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by jamace(m): 2:41pm On Sep 14, 2011
Am long on GPB/USD, TP 1.5866 SL 1.5739 so help me God
grin grin Yes o. It is important to add prayers when trading, sometimes. grin grin
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by namdo(m): 3:05pm On Sep 14, 2011
Tried to post this info yesterday and was booted out. I hope it would be useful.
namdo:

The Swap thing (for those who take advantage):

This is a very interesting article if you want to set up your position to receive interest on all positions placed. Imagine not worrying about holding positions for a certain length of time because you're getting interest on your money every day.

Wouldn't that take the edge off of stressing over your open positions that are losing?

When opening forex transactions, the actual value date is two days forward. A deal which is done on Monday is for Wednesday’s value. A deal done on Friday is for Tuesday’s value (Saturday and Sunday are not counted), and so on. Please note : On Wednesday the amount of swap is multiplied three times (tripled) to compensate weekend holidays which swap is not charged.

How to Calculate Swap:
Traders will earn positive swap if the currency bought has greater swap rate than borrowed one.

Example 1:
USD/JPY Pair. USD Swap Rate = 5.25% , JPY Swap Rate = 0.5%
Buy USD/JPY means a trader is buying USD by borrowing JPY. Since bought currency’s swap rate (USD) is greater than borrowed currency’s swap rate (JPY), the trader will earn interest income : 5.25% - 0.5% = 4.75% When a trader Sell USD/JPY (means borrowing USD to buy JPY), the trader will be charged by interest fee : -5.25% + 0.5% = -4.75%

Example 2:
EUR/USD Pair. EUR Swap Rate = 3.75%, USD Swap Rate = 5.25%
Buy EUR/USD means a trader is buying EUR by borrowing USD. Since bought currency’s swap rate (EUR) is smaller than borrowed currency’s swap rate (USD), the trader will be charged by interest fee : 3.75% - 5.25% = -1.5% When a trader Sell EUR/USD (means borrowing EUR to buy USD), the trader will earn interest income : -3.75% + 5.25% = 1.5%

Forex Broker usually provides a list of daily swap rates for every currency pairs available. Traders could find interest fee / earning based on Buy or Sell positions they will trade. (swap is usually in $ or pips value). If the swap value is quantified in pips, traders need to convert pip to dollar by calculating pip value of corresponding currency pair.

To check the swap rate for a specific currency using the MetaTrader Platform :

1. Click on MarketWatch
2. Right click on any currency
3. Choose symbols
4. Double left click "Forex"
5. Left click a currency of choice
6. Click on properties

Now you can view what the swap is for going long or short

Happy pipping.

Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by Nobody: 3:27pm On Sep 14, 2011
Now i run away with 100 pips scalpping from EU, hope u guys sold with me when i said that, but always at ur own risk grin
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by lecanno: 4:54pm On Sep 14, 2011
The Swap Thing (namdo)

Imagine not worrying about holding your position for a long while, days, weeks, or months (lol), because you are getting interest on your position everydaygrin.

That would take stress off you especially if your entry is well thought out even if the position appears losing.
When opening a forex position actual value date is two days forward. A deal on Monday is for Wednesday value. Friday's deal is for Tuesday value, etc. saturday and sunday not counted but on Wednesday value of swap is trippled (x3) to take care of the week end holiday when swap is not charged.

How you calculate Swap:
A trader will earn positive swap when the swap rate of the currency bought is higher than that which was sold/borrowed.

Example:
USD/JPY: USD swap rate = 5.25% JPY = 0.5% swap rate.
If you buy USD/JPY you earn 5.25 - 0.5% = +4.75% on that position per day.
If you sell USD/JPY you incure -4.75% against your position per day.

EUR/USD: EUR swap rate = 3.75%
If you buy EUR/USD you incure 3.75-5.25 = -1.5% charge per day against your position
If you sell EUR/USD you earn 5.25-3.75 = +1.5% on your position per day.

Brokers usually provide swap rates for every available traded currency daily.

To check swap rates before taking a position on metatrader platform:

-Click on Market watch
-Right click on any pair
-Chose 'Symbols'
-Double left click 'forex'
-Left click a pair of choice
-click on properties

You can then view what the swap is for your desired instrument before going long or short (to your advantage).

Happy pipping.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by Nobody: 5:03pm On Sep 14, 2011
lecanno:

The Swap Thing (namdo)

Imagine not worrying about holding your position for a long while, days, weeks, or months (lol), because you are getting interest on your position everydaygrin.

That would take stress off you especially if your entry is well thought out even if the position appears losing.
When opening a forex position actual value date is two days forward. A deal on Monday is for Wednesday value. Friday's deal is for Tuesday value, etc. saturday and sunday not counted but on Wednesday value of swap is trippled (x3) to take care of the week end holiday when swap is not charged.

How you calculate Swap:
A trader will earn positive swap when the swap rate of the currency bought is higher than that which was sold/borrowed.

Example:
USD/JPY: USD swap rate = 5.25% JPY = 0.5% swap rate.
If you buy USD/JPY you earn 5.25 - 0.5% = +4.75% on that position per day.
If you sell USD/JPY you incure -4.75% against your position per day.

EUR/USD: EUR swap rate = 3.75%
If you buy EUR/USD you incure 3.75-5.25 = -1.5% charge per day against your position
If you sell EUR/USD you earn 5.25-3.75 = +1.5% on your position per day.

Brokers usually provide swap rates for every available traded currency daily.

To check swap rates before taking a position on metatrader platform:

-Click on Market watch
-Right click on any pair
-Chose 'Symbols'
-Double left click 'forex'
-Left click a pair of choice
-click on properties

You can then view what the swap is for your desired instrument before going long or short (to your advantage).

Happy pipping.

I believe you are refering to 'carry trades'; to the best of my knowledge, interest from carry trades are only worthy  if you are taking a very large position like institutional traders or hedge funds do. Not  sure if there's a lot to be gained by kobo kobo  grin traders like us
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by arthuryemi(m): 5:51pm On Sep 14, 2011
@naijababe @kashif @blog am waitin 4u PIPpians @ fbk same user i.d
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by leopower(m): 5:57pm On Sep 14, 2011
Apologies in advance but there's no escape from the woes of euroland in today's radio World Business Report. Presenter Mike Johnson here. The president of the European Commission says eurobonds are part of the solution - where countries raise money through bonds guaranteed by the euro area as a whole. Critics, especially in Germany, say the eurobond is bad news - they've called it "a sweet poison that leads to more debt, rather than less". What do you think?

i got dis frm BBC business news. pls interpret dis write up.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 by holahabib: 6:28pm On Sep 14, 2011
Hello All, I am looking for 3 Smart, Intelligent and Objective minded people willing to work under an internship/apprenticeship Forex, Indices trading program for 3 months after which if you are good, you will be given a substantial sum not less than $2,000 to manage and get paid a percentage of your profit monthly.

** If you choose to work in our office premises, you will get free internet access 7a.m-10p.m

** You must have your own mobile pc (laptop)

** I will be providing free in depth training (i will not teach my strategy, you will be expected to develop yours)

** My office is in Kaduna for now, so please consider your location before contacting me. Off course you can do your internship/apprenticeship anywhere but note that analysis will be carried out in Kaduna

Anyone interested, contact me at habibadeku@yahoo.com or call: 08036619632

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (100)

Sam & Steve Nico Williams Biography, Twins Invent Cryptocurrency PPT, Net Worth / Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) / Binary Option Free Alert Season 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.